carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

CJ, what happened to that puppy is so heartbreaking. It is so sad.

Missy, are you getting snow? We are getting rain that is turning in to snow overnight. Marty is waiting for a second plane to get emptied, cleaned and ready to take off. He’ll be at least 90 minutes late if not more. I hope the roads are only wet when he has to drive home tonight. That pie in the gif looks pretty tasty. I have no idea if I got through to my employee or not; next week I am going to have the new guy come out and review things with me.

PierreBear, how fun you get to wear your new rings for your anniversary. Oh and Happy Anniversary (notice I commented on your rings first). Sounds like the talk with your boss went really well, I hope you really enjoy the work. Our frig has the French doors. We didn’t like the room in the side by side we had. The ice maker is small but for the 2 of us it doesn’t run out. Since we moved our other refrigerator downstairs we always have backup ice anyway. The hot water is rather strange coming out of the water dispenser but I use it more than I thought I would. I like that it measures the water for you too. The little slide show on the display is just silly but of course I loaded pictures of the rabbits and the bears in there. My employees tend to believe they are the smartest kid in class and their way is the way things should be done.

Austina, glad you arrived safely. I hope you have a restful night and wake up totally refreshed.

My clean car got rained on. Darn. Rain here is always really chilly so I have our fireplace cranked on to take the chill off. I sure hope the roads don’t ice up for Marty to drive home late tonight.

Work was strange today. Upper management came up from Denver today and had a celebration to say thank you. Managers greeted us at the gate and gave us burritos for breakfast. The VP and others walked around and met people. Management had a meeting with them at 12:30 where they just answered questions then we had a rally with prize drawings at 3. They had cookies and cupcakes for us. They also provided a photo booth with props you could go have your pictures taken. 3 of us from my group went down and had out picture taken. I took 2 of my bears with me. When the post the pictures I’ll get a copy to post. It was fun.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1514.JPG
Some killer rabbits watching themselves on the digital slide show

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie Hope you are having a good Friday and that you have a lovely weekend in store. Sending warm vibes and lots of hugs your way.

Happy Anniversary PierreBear! Hope you are enjoying a lovely anniversary celebration. How much fun your plans sound. And yes please ask your dh to let Austina see your beautiful ring!
happyanniversary.jpg
We have an exciting weekend planned...St Patty's Day Pub crawl. Greg has been going since 1978 (college days) I believe and I joined him in the 90s. I have never missed one since Greg and I have been together. His friends are my friends and they are a great bunch of people. It has expanded to more than the original college crowd after all these years and is wide encompassing and no longer in Boston where it originated with this group. I have my all green outfit ready to go haha and looking forward to it. I imagine it will be super crowded falling on a Saturday and that is the only drawback. I hope I get to chat with everyone I want to and I hope it isn't too overwhelming.

Austina thanks for letting us know you have landed safely! Have a great trip and enjoy visiting with PB and her dh. :appl:

Marcy hello there, no snow here yet. Not till (maybe) next week. Prediction for another Nor'easter but we shall see. Hope your weather is remaining calm and that Marty's return home is easy and safe. LOL work was strange for you yesterday but at least they provided cookies and cupcakes.:lickout:
LOVE the photos. Hysterical.:lol:

Have a great Friday ladies! Woohoo it's Friday.:appl:

P

PierreBear

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. The cheese night went well. This wasn’t the full display as our friends brought over some cold cuts, fruits, and nuts. I read what each cheese was and then we all ate it together and provided our thoughts etc. I think they really enjoyed it and it was quite the treat for everyone, myself included. We have some leftovers, which is perfect as my in-laws are coming next weekend for a bike ride. Ok friends hope ya’ll have a great weekend!
20180315_184634.jpg

@marcy – Nice of management to come down and meet everyone and treat the teams out to burritos and sweat treats. We know a few friends that work for hip places like Facebook where they get catered lunch every day and access to beer/drinks anytime…. Such a foreign concept to me to be in that type of environment. For all the places I’ve worked, you are lucky to have coffee and water. Haha!

Thanks for showing pictures of your fridge. It looks beautiful! We are still undecided on what to do with the fridge… quite honestly ours is 9 years old and the leak, though it was a lot of water, hasn’t happened again yet. I think it will take some time before the water builds up again and then releases. We are wondering whether we should just let it keep lasting and replace it when there is a bigger issue. In the meantime, it’s holding the temperature. Then I think, well maybe in my lifetime I’ll have to buy 7 fridges total or something so delaying it for 6 more months with my current fridge doesn’t really change must of an impact. Maybe it’s just one less fridge to buy if I stretch them all out like that… see I’m driving myself crazy. Who thinks like this?! Hahaha… @Austina won’t want to meet with me now!

@missy – aww beautiful cake. Is that one that Greg made for you in the past? Enjoy the Pub crawl. Are you a glass of wine type of girl or more of the beer drinker or none at all? Can’t wait to see your green outfit. Does it include knee high boots? : ) Have fun and hopefully you will get to catch up with all your friends.

I convinced DH to let me wear the ring Thursday through Sunday. Thursday for the anniversary. Friday well, he shouldn’t go through the trouble of putting it back up and hiding it. Saturday as we are going for our sushi date night. Sunday to do a little show and tell. Maybe you should come visit in Austin so I get to wear it again. : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy – aww beautiful cake. Is that one that Greg made for you in the past? Enjoy the Pub crawl. Are you a glass of wine type of girl or more of the beer drinker or none at all? Can’t wait to see your green outfit. Does it include knee high boots? : ) Have fun and hopefully you will get to catch up with all your friends.

So glad you had a wonderful evening with your friends celebrating your anniversary.:appl:

Hahaha no that was not one of Greg's cakes that I shared in the above post. Here ya go. Here are a couple of his pies for you on your anniversary weekend celebration. Since I am not sure what you love here is apple pie, pumpkin cheesecake and simple pumpkin pie. Take your pick.:halo:

pumpkinhangingoutwithappleohsogood.jpg pumpkincheesecakebydh2013thanksgivingeve.jpg yummyappleandpumpkinpie2014.jpg

Don't get too excited by my green outfit...it is the same St Patty's Day outfit I wear every year. I only wear it once a year but I have worn it for many years now. Hahaha if you don't remember my face you will remember my green butterfly outfit. And yes complete with OTK boots.:mrgreen2:

YAY for convincing your dh to let you wear your ring for the entire weekend. Hmmm maybe I will visit just so you can get to enjoy it again before your official wear date.:sun:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls,

Please forgive me for this me-me-me post. If you want, just skip it.

So. Surgery rescheduled until I can find a day that works.. Might be a while if I know myself correctly, the temporary fix they did has worked wonderfully, and it appears to be all healed up again. Think the 1x2mm rift has healed itself actually, because it is not possible to feel it anymore. Hah! That’s how you keep the costs down… let the patients wait until they don’t need help anymore… LOL.

Little furbaby T is all better, but still has to rest in order to reduce the chance that the infection might return. He is getting *very* restless… and I have no idea how we are going to survive him in our cabin during the Easter Holiday. He will probably break a window trying to get outside. Or eat the sofa. Or just drive me insane. Poor little baby, he does not understand why he has to stay with a “fursitter” (my mother or DH) whilst I exercise his “sister”.

The house is coming along nicely, just slowly. Or not really slowly either, it is just that there are a ton of things to do. The brick wall in the kitchen is finished, looks good. We decided to do a whole wall instead of just a backsplash. So now we have a brick wall going through the entire house in both floors. It has to be real, right? Nothing is worth doing if it is not worth doing right. LOL. Oh the simple things in life… my dh is so lucky to have me… no one can think of more things to do with a house than me… LOL.

Yesterday we were at a “cooking class” for AGA owners, that was fun. Drinking wine whilst watching the pro chefs work and learing how to use the AGA oven to best leverage from its potential. Quite impressive really, you can even use it as a proper pizza oven. The kitchen is getting installed next week. First the flooring, then the AGA and then the cabinets. Oh my. Nothing that can go wrong there. LOL. But fingers crossed! I’m so so so excited to get the kitchen finished. Can’t wait to show you. But for now, I’ll leave you with a picture of the same AGA as we will have one week from now. Our kitchen cabinets are however blue, so the look will be totally different. Did I mention that I can’t wait???

this one.jpg

Same one, but in aubergine

Aubergine-5-Oven-Aga-Cooker-with-Integrated-Gas-Module.jpg

and inside (this is a 5 oven, not 7)

What-Size-AGA-banner-14x7.jpg

and a better picture in white

AGA-7-Oven-Range-12x6.jpg

Can you tell I'm waiting.... not so patiently ??

Tons of hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls,

Please forgive me for this me-me-me post. If you want, just skip it.

So. Surgery rescheduled until I can find a day that works.. Might be a while if I know myself correctly, the temporary fix they did has worked wonderfully, and it appears to be all healed up again. Think the 1x2mm rift has healed itself actually, because it is not possible to feel it anymore. Hah! That’s how you keep the costs down… let the patients wait until they don’t need help anymore… LOL.

Little furbaby T is all better, but still has to rest in order to reduce the chance that the infection might return. He is getting *very* restless… and I have no idea how we are going to survive him in our cabin during the Easter Holiday. He will probably break a window trying to get outside. Or eat the sofa. Or just drive me insane. Poor little baby, he does not understand why he has to stay with a “fursitter” (my mother or DH) whilst I exercise his “sister”.

The house is coming along nicely, just slowly. Or not really slowly either, it is just that there are a ton of things to do. The brick wall in the kitchen is finished, looks good. We decided to do a whole wall instead of just a backsplash. So now we have a brick wall going through the entire house in both floors. It has to be real, right? Nothing is worth doing if it is not worth doing right. LOL. Oh the simple things in life… my dh is so lucky to have me… no one can think of more things to do with a house than me… LOL.

Yesterday we were at a “cooking class” for AGA owners, that was fun. Drinking wine whilst watching the pro chefs work and learing how to use the AGA oven to best leverage from its potential. Quite impressive really, you can even use it as a proper pizza oven. The kitchen is getting installed next week. First the flooring, then the AGA and then the cabinets. Oh my. Nothing that can go wrong there. LOL. But fingers crossed! I’m so so so excited to get the kitchen finished. Can’t wait to show you. But for now, I’ll leave you with a picture of the same AGA as we will have one week from now. Our kitchen cabinets are however blue, so the look will be totally different. Did I mention that I can’t wait???

this one.jpg

Same one, but in aubergine

Aubergine-5-Oven-Aga-Cooker-with-Integrated-Gas-Module.jpg

and inside (this is a 5 oven, not 7)

What-Size-AGA-banner-14x7.jpg

and a better picture in white

AGA-7-Oven-Range-12x6.jpg

Can you tell I'm waiting.... not so patiently ??

Tons of hugs!

Ooh it’s gorgeous Scandi! Dreamy. And I’m glad you may not need the surgery. Fingers crossed! That is the best way if it is safe and possible to do...wait till it heals on its own. Woohoo good job. :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya nirdis!

Missy, love your Sea Girt kitchen! You and Greg have excellent tast, that's for sure. :love: Greg's pies look SO good! Yum. The pub crawl sounds like a blast, have a great time!

PB, Happy Anniversary! How wonderful that you are wearing your rings this weekend, enjoy them! The cheese plates look yummy, I love cheese and there are nights I have cheese and crackers for dinner lol. So nice that you had a good time with your friends.

And yes, I think the main reason dh doesn't want a party is that he really doesn't enjoy being the center of attention. I'm wondering if he would be comfortable just having a casual get-together with some friends to celebrate, I'll have to talk to him about it.

Speaking of Teslas, dh had one until recently! He loved driving it, and misses it a lot. The best thing to him was the amazing pick-up and acceleration it had. But he decided to take advantage of a buy-back from Tesla (which they don't offer anymore) mainly because we are planning on driving to SC more in the future, which would require re-charging along the way, adding more time to the trip. He is now driving a pre-owned Cayenne, and he really likes it a lot. Lots of car shenanigans in the Junebug family lol.

You asked about appliances in a previous post...I'm late with this but we have a Samsung fridge in the NJ house, bosch dishwasher, wolf cook-top, and Whirlpool oven that's original to the house (25 years!) still works fine and never a problem, which I guess is a testament to the brand haha! but we will update soon anyway - with what I don't know. The appliances in SC came with the house - Dacor oven and cook-top, sub-zero fridge, bosch dishwasher - everything seems to work ok so far lol.

Glad your talk with your new boss went well - I understand how you feel about preferring structure as opposed to things being kind of vague and abstract, I'm like that too and it's unsettling. I'm glad you are sleeping better and feeling a bit more positive about it all.

CJ, yes, that story is just heartbreaking and so upsetting, I hope you are feeling a bit better today. (((Hugs)))

Austina, so glad you arrived safe and sound - hope you got a good night's sleep and are enjoying yourself in Austin!

Marcy, sounds like a fun day at work for a change lol! Sorry about the frustrating convo you had with your employee and her problems with training, I hope she pays attention to you and gets back on track. Lol to the rabbits watching the slideshow, at least it's keeping them from annoying your bears ha. Haha to Marty being in jail if he drove a Tesla, that made me laugh :P2

Scandi, I'm glad you are feeling well and waiting on the surgery isn't a major issue for you. Aw, poor T! It must be so hard for him to rest when he loves moving lol. I am SO excited about your new kitchen and I cannot wait to see pics of it when it's completed. The AGA is a beauty.

Picked up the car on Wednesday, and it's beautiful and handles really well...a few nirdis already know this, but my only slight concern is that the steering seems a little off to me? Feels like the steering wheel pulls a little...not sure if it's just a matter of me getting used to it or what. Dh is away until Wednesday, so I'm going to wait until he's back - I still have my old car so I can drive that if I need to until then. The salesguy texted me asking how I like the car and I mentioned it to him - kind of sorry I did for some reason, but felt I should be honest. He seemed surprised, and said the car is test driven before shipping etc, which I totally realize...and it makes me think I just need to get used to it. I dunno, kind of taking away my excitement about the car. Anywho, total first world problem and it will all be straightened out.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s a beautiful day here, we went out for a walk, and it’s hot!:shock:

So glad you had a good evening @PierreBear sounds like you all enjoyed yourselves. You’ll have to get your thinking cap on for 10 things for next year! Oh yessss, I’m looking forward to seeing your rings on Sunday :D Glad your talk with the new boss went well, hopefully this will be productive for both of you.

Oh no to delays @marcy poor Marty must’ve been pooped when he got home. Hooray to management acknowledging all your hard work and showing their appreciation (at last!). Those rabbits get in in all the action! :mrgreen2:

Your kitchen is going to be fabulous @Scandinavian and I understand that cooking on a aga is quite different, so it’s a good idea to go on a course. You’ll have enough capacity to cook for an army! Good news that you feel healed up and hopefully won’t need more surgery.

I felt my car was pulling when we got it too @junebug17 , either it’s fixed itself or I’ve got used to it, but if you don’t think it’s right, ask them to check the tracking in case that’s off. Sorry it’s spoiling your enjoyment after the long wait.

Your weekend sounds fun @missy I have visions of you as a cute leprechaun now :lol:

We’re really tired, so we’re lazing about now watching The Crown (series 2)

Hopefully by tomorrow we’ll be feeling more rested and ready for the weekend. :wavey:

Forgot to say that the WF GTG info is in Rocky Talk.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy St Patrick's Day girls! Erin Go Bragh. And all that jazz.:mrgreen2:

Junie wise move and everything will work out. Trust your gut and see what your dh thinks. It will all be taken care of one way or another. Haha we have almost the same appliances in Brooklyn as you do at your beach house in SC. So funny. Subzero fridge and Dacor microwave and until recently Dacor range. As you know. The only difference is we have Fisher Paykel dishdrawers in Brooklyn. Hope you have a lovely day today and hugs to you and Zoe.

Austina hahaha I could be worse things than a leprechaun I suppose.:lol-2: Hope you are rested and ready for the fun weekend you have planned! Hugs.

Marcy hope those killer bunnies are behaving and that Marty is home and happy and that all is well. And woohoo it is not a work day for you so enjoy and I hope work doesn't bother you at all this weekend. Hugs.

May the luck of the Irish be with all of you lovely ladies!

erin-go-bragh-1955-64002d25218bd3ce50f33653e674ce8a@1x.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!
9BB0442F-405F-4FF8-88DA-2A24480E42AF.jpeg
Missy, have a fabulous time at your pub crawl today! How funny we have some of the same appliances. Beautiful pic! Yeah, I'm holding off on doing anything with the car, I'm starting to think it's just something I need to get used to, I drove it for a while yesterday and it didn't seem as bad - I'm more comfortable at this point just waiting to see what dh thinks.

Austina, thanks, you made me feel a little better about the car lol! I notice it mostly when I'm driving straight for a while. Hope you're all rested up and having a fabulous time visiting with Adam.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ovens scandi although they make me think of cooking x 8 and I'd rather do cooking x 0 :D But really, very beautiful and I would imagine if you like entertaining must be a dream to have. Enjoy.

missy Greg's pies look so delicious. I love applie pie. Any kind. Even the Entenmann's. Are you disciplined when you have them, missy, like one little slice or do you sometimes have...umm...more?

Enjoy the Pub Crawl today with Greg and your friends today hope it's just perfect. Will make the night with the furbabies and DH just that much better when you finally get home. Hugs.

hello marcy how are you? how is work treating you? Sounds like you had a rather enjoyable day of treats the other day. The 3 rabbit musketeers are a little intimidating. And yes, that poor dog. Heartbreaking.

pierre your parties sound like so much fun. I did something similar with cheese one day, and actually, with wine, too. I did some research on what were supposed to be good wines and we each tasted them and chose a favorite. Glad you had a nice Anniversary.

june if I think about the dog and I get an image of it in my brain with that cute little face I feel anguish all over again poor thing. Sadly, like missy said, nothing will probably change. But it's a great reminder that you can never ever let others dictate what you do that has to do with safety of the ones you love. Humans and furbabies alike. Congratulations on your new car! Enjoy it Juney. Hugs back to you.

hi austina hope you enjoyed the night with DH watching The Crown Season 2. We finished it in a couple of days. We heard that for the next season all the main characters will change (meaning played by different actors). I don't know how I'm going to feel about that I really like the ones now.

OK that's it for now NIRDIs

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

All of the delicious food you ladies posted is making me hungry. Can you imagine what we’d put together for a NIRDI Potluck?

Missy, glad you aren’t getting some right now. I saw where Erie might reach 200” of snow this season. WOW! Your St. Patrick’s outfit is perfect for today. Enjoy the Pub Crawl.

PierreBear, I am glad you anniversary party went well and how fun you get to wear your rings until Sunday. Tell your DH he is very kind. Marty gets a soft cheese that has blueberries in it; I sure like it. I can’t imagine working for a place that provides free lunches and beer. My employers have been like yours; water is begrudgingly handed out free. My vote on your frig is replace it. We had our frig go bad at the last house and had it fixed twice and then it quit again so we replaced all of our food 3 times. Once something gives me trouble I want a new one. Marty better pay attention to that, huh? Ha Ha.

Scandi, darn that you have to wait on surgery again but that is great you are feeling better. Poor T will get restless but it’s for his own good. I am glad the vet keeps a close eye on him. Glad to hear the house is coming along and yes your DH is lucky to have you so you can do the house up right and completely. The AGA class sounds really fun and the sample kitchens look fabulous.

Junebug, I hope your DH decides a casual get together with friends works to celebrate his birthday. That sounds really fun. I bet driving a Tesla is very fun. I hope your DH enjoys his Cayenne though. What color Tesla did he have and what color is his Cayenne? I always want to know car colors for some reason. We had used a Whirlpool washer and dryer in our first home and they worked great and probably still work great today. They sure don’t build appliances like that anymore. That washer was noisy though. I probably wasn’t all kidding about Marty being in jail if he had a Tesla. If you get stopped going 100 or more in Colorado you are in jail for 10 days and your car is impounded for the same. I am so sad to hear the steering wheel is dampening your excitement with your new car. Good luck with that but it sounds like you were more comfortable with it now. It might be normal but since I had been driving it’s cousin I might not notice it anymore. Awe, I love the Snoopy for St. Patrick’s Day!

Austina, I am so glad you are having really nice weather in Texas. Have a great time with Adam and meeting PB tomorrow.

CJ, I am good. How are you doing? Work keeps paying me and I can always find something amusing there even if it’s a smart arse comment in my head.

We went for breakfast after the cleaning lady got here. Marty had a conference call for work at 10 and is out working with the air force guy he is training right now.

I have started my laundry and dialed in to do some work this morning. I am just watching golf and hopefully Marty will eat leftovers so my kitchen is clean for a day. I want to cry every time he fries bacon the day after we get the house cleaned. Yes, I clean it up but still.

I always tell Marty his rabbits can eat whatever they want in the pantry instead of eating my bears. I came home from work and the little bears Marty calls “Snacks” were in the pantry. What a brat!

Take care.
Marcy
IMG_2454.JPG
Snacks in the pantry.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JuneB--I hope your SUV is OK. The one I test drove did not pull, but first thing I noticed was the "tight" steering. We revisited it today and I (still) really like it. No decisions yet..

Hello NIRDIs:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, how fun you went and drove the Macan again. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, how fun you went and drove the Macan again. :wavey:

It was all good! Don't need another SUV but this trim, sexy performer night do the trick. And this from a stalwart MB family!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, how smart of you to heal yourself. Take care xx
When can your pup start running again? I bet there WILL be a sofa or two eaten if a run doesn’t happen soon.
Oh what fun, wine and cooking class with one of these beautiful stoves.

Comgrats, June!!! Sorry for that bit of weirdness pulling thing, but in no time you’ll be ready to get on the track.

Marcy, looks like Marty is feeling better, as evidenced by the snacks in the pantry.

Austina, please remind me, when do we switch sides of the world again???

A long day here yesterday. I signed the contract for the house, which took almost four hours from inspecting the house to finishing the contract. Parts of it had to be handwritten in French, by me, and the agent read the entire million pages, in French. Exhausting. Then we went to dd’s f’s parents to celebrate, and we had a reservation at the top restaurant in the city, very formal, for my dd’s birthday dinner. I mention « top and formal « because we did not have time to go home to change for dinner, so here we were, in a luxe setting in our jeans and hoodies, and parkas with sneakers, no make up, and I had washed my hair but not combed it out yet.
So that was my first experience with fine dining in France. Anyway, we had a great time, no problem, just funny.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's the NYC half marathon today and thinking of all our NIRDI runners...@LLJsmom, @junebug17 and @PierreBear...I hope I am not leaving someone out but if I am please chime in! Thinking of all the runners in the marathon today and wishing them lots of good luck this St Patrick's Day weekend. =)

Junie glad all seems to be going smoothly and see what happens but I feel if it is pulling even a little it should be checked out by the dealer when your dh returns home. It's a new car and maybe a few adjustments need to be made that's all. Hugs and hope you're enjoying a fun weekend.

Marcy bwahaha poor Snacks. Tell those bunnies to stay away from the bears. Far away. Glad you are getting chores accomplished and that Marty is home. Boo to working on the weekend and hope you do not have to log in again today. Enjoy your Sunday. That's our funday. :lol::sun:

Hello Sharon! Hope your mom is doing well. Any updates? Hope your weather is improving. Spring begins this week for us on Tuesday right when we are due for another Nor'easter lol. Hope everything weather wise and other wise remains calm for all the NIRDIs and their loved ones.

Jimmianne woohoo on signing the contract for the house. I am so pleased for you.:appl:Oh my to going to a formal dinner and no time to change your attire. But all that matters is you were there and everyone was happy you were there no matter your clothing. Glad you had a great time. When we chat remind me to talk with you about a special visitor and see if you can come too.:kiss:

We had a wonderful time at the pub crawl. It was my 20th anniversary at the Pub Crawl but I just realized that now. LOL. Anyway it was mad crowded which I expected being on a Saturday and so it was sort of mayhem but fun. A few pics for my girls.:geek:

On our way to the Pub Crawl...
missyandgregstpattys2018plazast.jpg

It was super chilly. And windy. But at least it wasn't snowing or raining.:sun:

My friend K took her coat off because she was wearing a winter down coat (it was cold enough) and her dh who took this photo said take that coat off for the pic haha. Good move but man it was so windy.
missyandkristiestpattys2018.jpeg

So happy my girlfriend R came...she was the one who had a car accident the same year I had my cycling accident and she is still undergoing PT for a few issues. All I can say is she is doing great. Can't you tell? What a love.

missyandroxystpattysmarch2018.jpeg

missyandgregstpattysstonest.jpg

Near the end when we were all pretty tired but happy.
missyvarcandalstpattys2018.jpg

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. We are probably going to Warby Parker today to find some good frames and order a few pairs of extra prescription glasses and then visit the rescues.
Have a good day girls!:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry I didn’t get time to check in yesterday, we had a busy day. We went out for BBQ for lunch, did some shopping at Trader Joe’s, then got an invite to Kim’s sister for dinner. Kim wanted me to show her how to make samosas and onion bhajis, so we spent the afternoon in the kitchen. We took the fruits of our labours with us, and everyone enjoyed them.

It was bedlam at Kim’s sisters, they are a large family, which included 7 or 8 small children, in laws, aunts and uncles and cousins :lol: We’re just not used to that amount of noise and people anymore :mrgreen2:

Looks like you had a really fun day @missy and how great that you’re keeping up a long term tradition. Enjoy our day today.

We get back home on the 29th @Jimmianne . I’m so pleased you got the contracts all sorted yesterday, what a marathon session, you deserved a good meal after that!

:lol: To your pantry ‘snacks’ @marcy , Marty is a real joker. How is his training going, does he think this guy will recommend him to others? You need a George Foreman grill for Marty’s bacon, then you can just put the detachable plates in the dishwasher, no spatter, no clean up ;)2

How’s the car @junebug17 ? Maybe see if DH feels it pulling too then get it looked at?

Hope your Mum is still recovering well @canuk-gal

We’re off to Costco in a minute, then meeting @PierreBear later :dance:

Have a great day everyone :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG those bears are so cute marcy. As long as work keeps paying you, and you can amuse yourself, you're doing pretty good! I'm good - a little stomach ache today I think it's from too much pizza and bagels. We watched Alien Covenant and I thought it was better than I had expected because it had gotten low reviews from viewers. I didn't hate it.

austina have fun meeting pierre hope you'll post some pictures!

missy looks like you guys really enjoyed yourselves. Loved Greg's bowtie. Give extra kisses to the kitties at the rescues for me today.

jimmiane exhausting but very productive and fun day. Congratulations! Glad you enjoyed the fancy dinner those kinds of things some times make things even more memorable if you can laugh through them.

sharon hope you're closer to figuring out the car you're going to get, and that your mom's doing good.

OK girls that's it for now just wanted to say hi. :wavey:

Enjoy your Sunday!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m back from meeting with @PierreBear. We had cakes and I talked her ear off :mrgreen2:

It was so lovely to meet a fellow NIRDI and see her gorgeous rings, they’re just wow and look so perfect on her beautiful elegant fingers.

Think supermodel, looks and figure - that’s Pierrebear, and such a sweet and lovely nature - I think I hate her :lol:

Can’t wait for the next meet up in September.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Sharon, I can see why the Macan would appeal to you. I don’t feel like I am driving a SUV.

Jimmianne, yes Marty is feeling better. Was the contract for your place or for DD’s place? That does sound like a long time to sign off on buying a house. And I thought using a VA loan was a lot of paperwork. Happy Birthday to your DD. What did you get for dinner? Was it good?

Missy, your St. Patricks outing looks like a lot of fun. You and Greg certainly have the perfect outfits for the day. I am glad you caught up with some old friends at your 20th Pub Crawl. That is too bad about your friend still working at recovering from her accident.

Austina, did you get rested up? Kim’s family does sound busy but fun. Marty is quite the joker all right. I try to keep up but he’s usually one or two steps ahead of me. I bet bacon would work great in a grill. I am glad you enjoyed your time with PB.

CJ, Snacks are March of Dimes bears they had a Walgreens one year. I bought 2; they are my travel bears because they are easy to sneak out of the house. The bigger bears don’t hide very well. Glad to hear that movie wasn’t bad. I was going to order pizza for lunch but Marty cooked us burgers and veggies on the grill. It wasn’t bad.

I whittled down all my piled up chores today. Woo hoo! We have some big snowflakes coming down at a 45 degree angle right now. It’s pretty but I know it’s going to be cold and slushy or icy in the morning.

Marty got a notice about changing our password with Amazon which we didn’t do. Joy. I’ll be nervous about that for months.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Austina I am so glad you and PB had a lovely visit. Haha I know how pretty she is and just as beautiful on the inside. Just like you are beautiful. :kiss2: The NIRDIs are the best. Beautiful inside and out. Thanks for checking in with us and letting us know you had such a wonderful time together.:appl:

Marcy nice going finishing your chores. Oh no to snow. Hard to believe Spring is in less than 2 days. Please be careful going to work tomorrow...is Mr Marty going to drive you to work I hope. Haha to the password stress. I hear you. I get those from different websites almost every day. Just an hour ago Macy's emailed me to change mine.

Sharon did you drive any other cars? Any closer to a decision?

CJ I did hug all the rescues today. So sweet. I will include photos for you at the end of the post. They are all so sweet. One of the kitties is only 2 but her owner died and no one stepped up to take her and the rescue group saved her from the death chamber. I really loathe NYC's Kill shelters. When when when will we become a no kill state. :cry2::cry2::cry2:

I got 2 pairs of new prescription sunglasses today and Greg got one pair. Won't be delivered until April.
These are the 2 pairs I ordered.

durand.jpg women-piper-sunglasses-woodland-tortoise-front-1033-94695952.jpg

Also went to Lowes to try to find a good lock for our beach dutch door. We have narrowed it down. So a very productive day.

And of course we visited the rescues for quite a long while. And got to hug them.

rescuekitty.jpg
rescuekitty2.jpg
rescuekitty3.jpg

Have a good night ladies. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, love the pics of the pub crawl! You and Greg look fantastic. I'm glad you had a great time getting together with friends. Love the pics of the sweet kitties. I really like your new sunglasses, and I'm glad you're making progress on the lock for the door.

CJ, thanks for the nice words about the car, and I think I'm getting used to it the more I drive it. Give Mousey an extra pet for me! Hope you had a good weekend.

Marcy, I had you in mind when I posted Snoopy so I'm glad you enjoyed it! DH's Tesla was white, and he went with a white Cayenne. It looks pretty sharp. I'm enjoying driving my car, starting to think it's just something I need to get used to. Sorry you had to dial in on the weekend. Lol to Snacks in the pantry! Glad you got some things done this weekend, but oh no to snow. Hope you don't get too much. Sorry about the password issue, do you mean that someone else was able to change it? I'm thinking as long as you change it again you should be fine. I know it's unsettling though.

Sharon, the Macan really is a great car, fun to drive - I really like how the exterior looks too.

Jimmianne, great news about signing the contract, congrats! Definitely a long afternoon, it does sound exhausting. So glad you were able to be with dd on her birthday, and it sounds like it was a lovely dinner.

Austina, dinner with Kim's family sounds like it was a lot of fun. How great that you and PB were able to meet. Cake and bling, it doesn't get much better than that!

Nothing too much going on with me today, just the usual Sunday stuff - laundry, some meal prep for the week, and watching golf. The weekend went by fast. Apparently we're getting some snow on Tuesday, I hope the weathermen are wrong! :knockout:

Have a great Monday! <3

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Highlight of the weekend was meeting @Austina! Just a quick hello and apologies if I missed anyone below. I need to find some time to study for my culinary quiz today and prep for my presentation on my reinterpretation dish. Nice to not have to “cook” today for class but that also means I have to make my own dinner on Monday. Hahaha… Off to balance work and the part time job. Had a little bit of angst this weekend when I got email responses back on the part time job. Even though it was the weekend I couldn’t help but think about it. Need to work on keeping that “stress/anxiety” quiet. I’m sleeping fine so I know it’s not at an unhealthy thing right now. DH says a little bit of stress is good as life will have unexpected things come up and it’s a skill set to practice “dealing with stressful emotions.” Anyone have any wisdom? I used to think, the less stress the better for there is truth to what DH is saying as well to some extent. Hope ya’ll have a great week!!!

@Scandinavian – I can’t wait to see the kitchen either…. Wow.. another dream kitchen!

@junebug17 – Your phrase of car shenanigans made me laugh. How fun to be owners of such fast cars. Hope you are enjoying your new one and getting more comfortable with the handling. Be safe my friend!!

Thanks for sharing about your appliances. I think you have a dream kitchen also…. Oohhh those Wolf cook tops are just oh so dreamy to me. Enjoy and hope they all last as long as that Whirpool oven of 25 years.

@CJ2008 – Your wine party sounds like a blast. I bet you host wonderful events too!

@Jimmianne – Congrats on getting the contract on the house. All in French… what a feat!

@missy – you look like you had a blast at St. Patty’s day. Looking beautiful as ever! Glad you met up with your friends as well.

@marcy – Stay warm and safe with all that snow. Marty training with an air force guy? They must do really tough work outs. Keep it up!

@Austina – Awww you beat me to it again… I had a wonderful time on Sunday and look forward to our next get together. A beautiful woman in a blue dress flagged me down and asked if I wanted to look at desserts. My kind of lady! With your lovely accent and meaningful stories, I could honestly listen to you all day long but…. I was pretty distracted with your bling though. Gosh ladies, from every angle you could see her beautiful ring… the split shank and the halo… what a classy lady.

We are all lucky to have Austina on this blog. Such a kind-hearted person. Great mom with a delightful family. Can’t wait to hear about your adventures in Fort Worth with your friends.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello ladies! Hope everyone is enjoying a lovely Monday. I just finished a great workout and am hanging out with the kitties. OMG they are so lazy (haha they get it from me I am afraid :lol:).
Look at this mush my Tommy boy... He's next to me on the couch and we are just hanging out. Haha oh to be a well loved kitty. The life of Riley.

tommyhangingout.jpg

Thank you sweet Junie! Hope you are having a good Monday and yes we are getting another storm this week. It's the winter that won't quit...tomorrow is spring but doesnt seem like it. Hope all is well and that your dh returns home safe and sound. No worries about the car. That will be fixed if necessary and if not necessary even better. (((Hugs)))

PierreBear yes I agree with you. Austina is a gem. And I agree with her. You are a gem as well. In fact all the NIRDIs are the loveliest ladies and I feel so fortunate to have met so many NIRDIs not just online and IRL.
Good luck with your culinary quiz and also in finding a work life balance. I know you will figure it out and excel. You have a good head on your shoulders.

Austina hope the rest of your visit is going very well and that you are having lots of fun.

Hi there CJ! I love pizza and bagels. Sorry you had a stomach ache and I hope it is all better now. How was the rest of your weekend?

Safe travels to one of the other NIRDI girls...I'm thinking of you and wishing you a good trip and happy vacation. (((Hugs))).

Have a good rest of the day girls.:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s finally Texas weather :D

Those poor kitties :(2 I hate to think of any animal being destroyed simply because they’re unwanted. I’m not sure I could keep going to see them without bringing another home, but I know the extra cuddles and fuss they get from you helps makes their time in the shelter more bearable @missy.

I can’t remember if I told you that Tom sent some photos of Dottie enjoying the snow, and letting us know that everything is fine with her? Always a relief to know our girl is happy and safe.

I love the new glasses, and know that they’ll look great on you. ;)2

Hope you’re feeling all better @CJ2008 - it’s hard not to eat too much good pizza!

Oh no to more snow @marcy, this weather just won’t let up. I hope the roads weren’t dangerous for your drive to work today. Take good care out there. Phooey to work stuff intruding on your weekend. :x2

Yes @junebug17 our ‘date’ was just perfect :lol: My only problem now is that having seen PB’s gorgeous ring, I think I neeeed one :D Pictures just don’t do it justice, you really do need to see the faceting to really appreciate the beauty of it.

Your DH is right @PierreBear , we do need a certain amount of stress in our lives to give us the tools to cope with life itself! Tho’ not too much that it has a negative impact on us. Good luck with your exam - you'll ace it! Thank you for your kind words, it means a lot to me.

Hope your having fun with your DD & future SIL @Jimmianne

We just drove out to look at a couple of show homes today and get us out of the house, I love looking at the different styles and finishes, and we don’t feel guilty about wasting the agents time as they’re not busy during the week.

Off to visit our friends tomorrow, so I may or may not be logging in for a couple of days.

Stay safe and be good :mrgreen2:

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, your new glasses are going to be fabulous. I have been wearing my red Ray Ban’s on those sunny morning. The roads weren’t bad this morning. Where I work is about 3 miles down a road that is out in the open and it was icy but the streets in town were fine. You never know if those notices on your password are a scam or if someone accidentally typed in the wrong login or password. I actually just cleared out all of my history in my browser hoping to get rid of popups I am getting on my iPad. Cute kitties. I love the one with the little tiger roar. Tommy is living the dream there.

Junebug, white cars always look clean so your DH’s choice is a great one. I am delighted to hear you are enjoying driving your car. I tried to pay attention today if my steering wheel moves on me but I am used to it by now too. It’s hard to say what happened with the password. Marty said he received a few emails about posting reviews on things we didn’t buy so maybe something just got crossed up. I was going to log in again tonight and make sure recent purchases are ours. I’m such a blonde when you told Sharon you like the exterior of your Macan I was going to ask - did you get the black panels on the side then thought that’s silly your car is black. Ha Ha. Oh no that you are getting snow tomorrow. We watched golf too; Tiger almost made it to the top again.

PierreBear, I hope you aced your quiz tonight. I am pretty bad about thinking about and stressing over work; I just try to keep busy and push it to the back of my mind. I have to watch it when I go to bed though or I can’t shut my mind down and have trouble falling asleep. It’s not a bad thing to be able to deal with stress but I really work hard at not worrying about things I can’t change or stuff that hasn’t happened yet. Marty was saying the air force guy doesn’t seem to be in great shape for a young military guy. He’s not bad but doesn’t work out. I am glad you and Austina had a nice time. Did your rings get put up for a year?

Austina, glad you are having nice weather. That’s nice you got pictures of Dottie enjoying the snow. It’s fun to go look at houses. Our snow is mostly melted already so that is nice. We need the moisture here. Have fun catching up with your friends.

People were grumpy at work; I didn’t join in on their doom and gloom. I made leftovers for supper and topped it off with a few spoons of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. It’s some new flavor with cheesecake infused and has some chocolate and vanilla ice cream. It’s pretty tasty and rich enough you don’t need much. To be fair I don’t need any of it but it sounded good.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so cool that the NIRDIs connect in person from time to time.
What an interesting bunch of bananas we are. If someone had told me 10 years ago that I would not only have chronic diamond fever, but would have like-minded friends all over the world I would have thought they were delusional.
Even the meetings that I only read about give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Lucky you, Missy, getting to meet everyone!
:appl:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for being so supportive and patient with me. The kitchen instalment starts today with the AGA, and then the cabinets tomorrow. Hope for some pictures to share with you sooooooon :P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results