shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I am glad to hear you liked the Macan. Darn your DH didn’t think he fit too well. Marty is 6’4” as well but he fits okay or maybe he just wanted me to get it that much. The S4 is nice. We were very happy with our A6 sedans. A trip to Palm Springs sounds fabulous!

We are still looking. I find car shopping way too time consuming.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, car shopping is time consuming. Your ML 550 is definitely larger than the Macan. I was eyeing a red one once but Marty didn’t like how it handled in corners and the salesman was a real jerk so we never went back.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys,
I am sorry I picked such a long name when I joined PS. Please call me J, JA or Jim or whatever.
When I write Jimmianne even I have to go back and make sure all the letters are there : (

Way to go Marty!

Austina, love the bob! I have really long hair and am a coward about going shorter, but my friend in the French lesson who had long hair last time I saw her, showed up with a bob cut and looked fresh, modern and younger. It got me thinking, also now even more because yours looks so good.

Gosh Sharon, I love that image of the glove chewing puppy. Puppies are fuzzy-warm makers. <3
Glad you got a fuzzywarm fix and shared it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Daylight Savings time!!! I love the savings schedule because it is lighter out later woohoo!!!!:appl:

CJ I am pleased as punch you love the poem and thanks for all your input and hahaha we might never finish it LOL. That's what happens when two perfectionists get together. :whistle::lol: Love sweet Mousey so much. I cannot express how wonderful I think you are for doing all this for her. You are my kind of peeps CJ. XOXO.

I met Tuey through my girlfriend in college as he was her hairdresser and friend too. And that's when we started a business relationship first that developed into a friendship. Haha the first time he cut my hair was at her wedding (she got married young) and he wasn't cutting anyone's hair just styling it the day of the wedding. However he looked at my hair and said who cuts your hair? It's all crooked... bwahahaha. So right on the spot a few hours before the wedding he took out his hair instruments and cut away. LOL. The beginning of a beautiful friendship. :halo:

Austina no worries. It is an open invitation. Enjoy your visit and I hope you love it here so much you don't want to leave. Enjoy.

Scandi how are your sweet pups doing and how are you feeling? Did you reschedule your surgery? And yes thank you I would love any info you or your mom have to share with me. :appl:You're the best. (((Hugs))).

Sharon thank you for the lovely compliment on my hair. Yes test driving cars and car research can be time consuming but hopefully you are enjoying most of it. We knew what we wanted so it was a breeze for us but if we weren't sure and had a few things in mind it would have been a bit more challenging. Woohoo Palm Springs! You will have so much fun there. And that's the perfect time to go.:appl: And that's the perfect length of time too. Too short and you dont have enough time to get into relaxing and get into the vacation. Too long and you are itching to return home. 10 days is perfect. And definitely a well deserved and much needed break from the cold. Haha feast or famine with this crazy weather so true.

Marcy woohoo congratulations Mr Marcy. Kudos to Marty and to you for always being there for him and helping him through. And glad you took care of that ticket online. Best way and now it is done. Haha yes it is like we have Wyoming weather here now. Marcy please take your weather back OK:whistle:...latest update is some snow overnight tomorrow into Tuesday so we shall see. Fingers crossed it isn't a big storm. Darrin is due to be at the house today Sunday to finish up some small issues. Let's hope he gets there and does everything he needs to do. Dragging on this project is. Aww thank you for the compliments. You are definitely too kind. But thank you.:kiss2: Sounds like you are accomplishing all your weekend chores and doing it very efficiently as usual. Hope today you get to relax and enjoy. How did it get to be Sunday so fast? That's our fun day. :bigsmile: Better than Monday. Manic Monday. :oops2:
Enjoy your Sunday.

Jimmianne, I dont mind writing out your name at all. You know what is a super pain to me? My long email address. I didnt get started on email or internet til mid 2000s and by that time all of the common sense names for my address were taken. And I didnt want numbers in my email address so I had to take my name and my dh's last name and omg what a mouthful that is right? And writing it out all the time is a PITA. But oh well. So you can see why writing Jimmianne is not a chore at all compared to that. :kiss: Cannot wait to hear more happy updates from you and see photos and please hug your dd from the NIRDIs and tell her we all wish her the best and congratulations.:appl:

We had a lovely Saturday. Visiting the rescues and then exploring some local stores in our neighborhood. Weather was not bad. 40s or so and wind was OK. So we enjoyed a good day out. Today not sure as I woke up late (one disadvantage of Daylight savings time and losing an hour but a short lived disadvantage so no biggie) and Greg is cooking right now. I am motivating myself to get up and workout so we can start our day. Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Sunday.:wavey:
And don't forget if you live where DST is in practice turn your clocks ahead if you have not already done so...:sun:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls,

Missy, you hair looks great and you are beautiful! Love the pics with Tuey and Greg. You and Greg make such a great looking couple. Glad the test results brought brought a little good news and hopefully your other appointment will give you some useful information. I've been running on our treadmill because of the weather but hopefully by the end of next week I can start running outside. My car is supposed to arrive the week of the 19th. Glad you had a nice Saturday and enjoy your Sunday with Greg!

CJ, love the pic of Mousey, so sweet :love: Yay to her staying on your lap for a minute, that"s progress!

Austina, you hair looks fantastic! And yes, we have a treadmill so I've been running on that during this lousy weather.

Marcy, yeah, I guess the direct approach is probably best with your gossipy employee - but at the same time it's kind of awkward to tell someone that kind of thing! Oh no to Marty getting a speeding ticket. I can see where it could happen in a Macan, I'm going to have to be careful myself. It's great that Marty passed his test, way to go Marty! Some of the snow here has melted, thank goodness. Oh, did you see that Phil ended up winning that tournament last weekend?

Sharon, I'm glad you enjoyed driving the Macan. I can see your dilemma though, it's hard to make these kinds of decisions! How great that you have your vacation set up, having something to look forward to really helps with the winter doldrums. I'm so glad you are going to enjoy some warm weather after such a long cold winter.

Jimmianne, you are definitely making progress with your French, I am very impressed! It is so difficult to learn a new language and I admire people who can speak another language very much.

Scandi, that's great that you are getting back to lifting and can lift your own weight! I understand not wanting to disappoint your children, it sounds like it might be ok to put the surgery off for a bit? So glad T is doing well, that must have been such a rough week for you.

Sunstorm. So glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, hugs to you. Take care, you lead a busy life with lots of traveling so I hope you manage to get some rest too.

PB, having a talk with your boss about boundaries sounds like a great idea, and will probably help you feel less anxioius. Hope you are enjoying your weekend and having some fun with your dh! I'm hoping dh will be on board with you wearing your ring for your 9th anniversary. So far no injuries, although when I'm actually running I seem to get various aches and pains that go away when I stop running lol! Been running on a treadmill but hopefully by the end of the week the weather will be better here.

Yesterday dh and I went to a surprise 60th birthday party for one of his closest friends - it was very nice and a chance to see some people we don't get to see too often. Nothing much going on today, dh and I will watch some golf and I have to run to the grocery store to buy a few things I forgot to get on Friday :x2 Sometimes I feel like I live at Shop-rite lol, luckily it's only 5 minutes away.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, do you know I’ve typed your name out in Pages so many times it doesn’t flag it as misspelled? I do think bobs look very modern and stylish. My SIL recently got one and I’ve been thinking of doing the same. A friend of mine at work is learning Russian so she says things to me when I walk by and say hi. Her son married a lady from Russia and they went over last fall for the wedding. She has kept in contact with her DIL’s parents. They don’t know any English so she and the other MIL are learning each other’s languages and talk on Skype now and then. Very cool.

Missy, your kitchen is gorgeous. I really like it. I hope they finish the last minute details sooon. That is a cute story about Tuey cutting your hair at your friend’s wedding. I’m with you on the length of vacation; I think 8 - 10 days are perfect. Well after Mother Nature is done picking on you guys I am sure she’ll focus some attention in our direction. March and April are usually our worst storms. That song Manic Monday is going off in my head now. I bet you had a nice time yesterday wandering the nearby shops and visiting the rescues. I think I’ll notice the DST time when I have to get up in the morning.

Junebug, that’s nice you can run on your treadmill when the weather is bad. How exciting to next week you’ll be driving your new car home. Yes, you’ll have to watch your speed in the Macan, it gets up there quickly, easily and you don’t even feel it. But hey it’s fun! I did see Phil won last week; I was happy for him. Tiger is doing well today. All the birds in the background today are kind of freaking me out because i keep thinking we have them outside. They don’t sound like Wyoming birds. That is nice you have a store 5 minutes away. I have an app on my phone that I put my shopping list on; it is very helpful especially since both of us can add things to pick up.

Thank you guys for being happy for Marty. He seems pretty excited about passing his test.

Not much exciting going on here today. The cleaning lady cancelled on us because she is sick. I made breakfast. CJ, I cooked the bacon on 3 and got very little splatter. Thanks! Then I made us cheesy scrambled eggs and some english muffins.

Marty’s SIL stopped by with her new Dodge Ram pickup. It is lime green with black matte trim and decals. She got it in Idaho so picked it up to drive back to Denver. She heads to Dallas in about 2 weeks.

We had burgers on the grill and oven veggies for lunch. Marty forgot the burgers; they were crunchy. Ketchup can make anything better. We had some cookies for dessert so that made everything okay.

I have one batch of laundry left and then I can goof off the rest of the day. I was debating doing my taxes but I am kind of scared to do it because of Marty’s business. After I have someone do it for me I know what to copy but so far I’m guessing how to do it.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After messing around on H&R Block with our taxes it looks like we'll get a refund but the business expenses on Marty's business are definitely not something I am comfortable with figuring myself. Maybe I'll see a CPA or go to H&R Block here in town. My past experiences with H&RB hasn't convinced me they know any more than I do about filing my taxes.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1AF63BCB-D45B-4A12-B5D1-FD0F2E9AABE9.jpeg Wow. I’m the first today. Here was the gorgeous sunrise.

P

PierreBear

Hi Friends! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We bought 2 trees and planted them in the backyard. Trying to block out the new neighbors that moved in…. oyyy I miss looking out into the backyard and just seeing darkness. Now it’s the neighbors and what they are doing in the kitchen. I don’t think the trees will do much but maybe in a few years….. We did go to a local cheese shop and sampled tons of stuff and picked out cheeses. So fun!!!! I think we might have to do this more often than just for an anniversary. You can spend a dangerous amount on these moldy things though… Nothing compares to cheese in Europe though. Right @Jimmianne? Oui Oui? Unpasteurized goodies?

Meeting a good friend for dinner at her place tonight. Looking very much forward to it. It’s “spring break” over here so I don’t have culinary class today.. wooo hoo!!!

@canuk-gal – Awww no ma’am. I never take offense when someone is just trying to share their wisdom or perspective. I really meant what I said that it was a good reminder! Work is supposed to be hard and it’s good to be challenged. Or else we never grow and just coast through life. Not my philosophy. Do you mind sharing what industry you work in and do you have busy/slow periods as well? If you have any advice on how to deal with it, I would love to learn from the best! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Oh we’ve been to Palm Springs before but during the wrong time of the year. Hahaha… Enjoy the beautiful architecture and I’m sure you will be riding that fun tram. Any plans to camp on the mountain? The trip is coming up so soon!!!! : ) Excited for you.

@missy – Woo hoo on testing negative for Throglobulin. Faxing is quite antiquated…. Sorry you have to wait for so long. Glad you just get to relax for the weekend and get your hair done!!! Ahh your high boots.. you look so lovely!

Booo sorry to hear that the GC’s wife is still being bothersome. You know 4 year old’s sometimes deserve a spanking and a time out. Hahaha. Rooting for Greg to handle the situation and keep you stress free and healthy!

@Jimmianne – WOW 2.5 hours of learning. You are amazing… Hope to see some pictures of your new door. What made you have to replace it?

@Austina – Lovely hair cut. How do you keep it blown in and curled at the back? I always struggled with that and so my hair is always long so it doesn’t flip in and out. I think I’ve missed where you are traveling… but be safe and enjoy!! Please share some pictures.

@CJ2008 – Thanks for asking about the Jefferson dinner. No it hasn’t happened yet and I think the monthly get together might fall on Easter weekend so I might ask to postpone it again. Oopps… just bad timing with everything.

@Scandinavian – I bet your “before” is still much better than most. Don’t be too hard on yourself and actually good for you to know when to rest and when to work out hard. I have a friend who qualified for the Boston Marathon recently and just killed herself getting to it. She injured herself but was so worried about falling behind on her training that she didn’t rest. Now 2 months later, she’s still struggling with the injury. This is coming from a physical therapist, but she wished she did nothing for 1 month straight at least to let her body fully recover and perhaps she wouldn’t be in this situation. So really, good for you!!!

@marcy – No worries on paying extra to process things online. Your time is valuable. Also, I’m learning the precious lessons that mailing checks is so unreliable. Then you have to worry about whether you should stop payment on the check if you need to reissue a new one, which at my bank was like $30 bucks! I used to try and save a buck here and there to avoid online payment fees but no more!

@junebug17 – hehe the “joys” of running. I find it challenging to run on the treadmill as I need visual distractions but when the weather doesn’t call for it, treadmill is helpful. I wanted to share something my PT friend mentioned. If weather permits, always opt to run outdoors. With the treadmill belt always moving, you aren’t truly simulating and building up your running muscles. It’s more like jumping up and down in some ways if that make sense. Not sure how true it is but I’ve been mindful of it and try to balance how much I do treadmill versus outdoors running. Good luck to you and way to not give up! Hope you had fun at the 60th birthday party!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy Monday!

I had a marathon session yesterday with the kitchen floor :lol: I’ve noticed that dark patched were appearing on the travertine. I finally realised that when the tiler laid the floors, he didn’t thoroughly clean off the grout residue. So over time it’s been picking up dirt. So yesterday, something I thought wouldn’t take long, ended up taking hours. I scraped each tile, which then had to be washed numerous times, and then had to reseal and polish the floor.

@Jimmianne I think you’d look fabulous with a shoulder length bob. I never worry about trying new styles - it always grows back if I don’t like it :D

Wow what a sunrise @marcy, it’s spectacular. I’m never up early enough to see it :oops: :clap: Well done to Marty. :dance: Yay to to possible tax refund, always a bonus to get some of your hard earned money back.

Not too long now until your new car arrives @junebug17 are you getting excited? I did my training on a tread mill, when I started to flag, I could hang on :lol:

Woohoo, Palm Springs sounds great @canuk-gal it’s the only place that DH’s company had a hotel that we didn’t visit :(

Sounds like a lovely way to spend a Saturday @missy. Our clocks don’t change for another 2 weeks, so when we’re in Austin, we won’t notice it as we’ll already be hours adrift :mrgreen2:

You snuck in while I was typing @PierreBear We’ll be in Austin in Thursday! Oh no to stinky mouldy cheeses, I like good strong farmhouse cheddar. :lickout: My hair is really thick, and I’ve got lots of it, so it usually stays well, expect when it’s humid, then it’s frizz central.

Hope everything is well with you @Scandinavian

Must get on, lots to do.

Have a great day everyone :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! I slept very late this AM and Greg has been at the beach house this AM for hours already evaluating the work and what needs to still be done and also waiting as we have 3 inspections scheduled for today. Plumbing, electrical and general contracting. Oh my. Fingers crossed!

Junie running on the treadmill inside when the weather is not suitable is perfect. I hope your training is going well and I look forward to you running a successful race! I am very impressed as I could not imagine doing that. Very impressed indeed. And I am waiting for you and your new car to come pick me up for our adventures. :cheeky: Cannot wait.:sun:

How lovely that your friends had a surprise 60th. Greg is turning 60 this year but I don't know if he would like a surprise party. I know I would hate it but I think he might secretly enjoy one. Hmmm. Well I have many months to ponder that one. I am glad you had a good time at the party. And I hear you on feeling like you live at certain stores haha. I feel the same way about our natural health food store in the neighborhood. I am always there.:lol:

Marcy what a gorgeous photo. You take the best photos. You really capture the beauty of the morning sky and the peacefulness of the sunrise. :love:
Glad the rest of your weekend went well and that Marty's SIL got to visit too. Yay on hopefully receiving a refund on Marty's business and yes take it to a professional. I don't like to mess around with taxes. If it is complicated and there is a chance of mistakes I leave it to a professional. (though if you are not impressed with H&R Block find a better professional to do your taxes). But I am the ultimate "good" girl that way. Honest to a fault. It's the only way to be especially when the government is involved!::) Sorry your cleaning lady is sick and canceled on you and I hope she is feeling better soon and reschedules with you. And yes I agree. Cookies make everything better! Hopefully we (Greg) can bake cookies for everyone soon in our new beach oven woohoo fingers crossed.:lickout:

PierreBear hello there and glad things are calming down. Tree planting yay and hopefully it will block everyone you want to block. In the meantime can you add some other shrubbery to give you privacy? We did at the beach house and it works like a charm. We have some tall grasses and some lovely trees that we bought at a good height to block our next door neighbors and it works well. You know what they say. Good trees/good foliage make good neighbors haha. I mean it is so much prettier than a fence.:cool2: Have fun at dinner tonight with your friend and woohoo to Spring Break.:sun:

Austina oh my gosh what a job but glad you took care of it. How sloppy on the installer's part not to have caught that. I am sure we will be dealing with similarly annoying issues as the months unfold and we see what needs to be "fixed" or redone. But good for you nipping that one in the bud and taking care of it yourself. I do enjoy that saying if you want something done right do it yourself. True dat. Hope the weather cooperates while you are visiting Austin. It is a good time to visit generally. Just a few more days now...

Hello Sunstorm! Hope all is going well with you. Thinking of you and sending (((hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops forgot to share our day yesterday. The weather was so much nicer than I thought. It felt gorgeous out. We visited the sunday rescues and walked a lot all over. Look at this lovely Brooklyn mural. The perfect Sunday almost Spring day.

gregbrooklynmural.jpg

P

PierreBear

Hello lovelies

Happy Monday!

I had a marathon session yesterday with the kitchen floor :lol: I’ve noticed that dark patched were appearing on the travertine. I finally realised that when the tiler laid the floors, he didn’t thoroughly clean off the grout residue. So over time it’s been picking up dirt. So yesterday, something I thought wouldn’t take long, ended up taking hours. I scraped each tile, which then had to be washed numerous times, and then had to reseal and polish the floor.

@Jimmianne I think you’d look fabulous with a shoulder length bob. I never worry about trying new styles - it always grows back if I don’t like it :D

Wow what a sunrise @marcy, it’s spectacular. I’m never up early enough to see it :oops: :clap: Well done to Marty. :dance: Yay to to possible tax refund, always a bonus to get some of your hard earned money back.

Not too long now until your new car arrives @junebug17 are you getting excited? I did my training on a tread mill, when I started to flag, I could hang on :lol:

Woohoo, Palm Springs sounds great @canuk-gal it’s the only place that DH’s company had a hotel that we didn’t visit :(

Sounds like a lovely way to spend a Saturday @missy. Our clocks don’t change for another 2 weeks, so when we’re in Austin, we won’t notice it as we’ll already be hours adrift :mrgreen2:

You snuck in while I was typing @PierreBear We’ll be in Austin in Thursday! Oh no to stinky mouldy cheeses, I like good strong farmhouse cheddar. :lickout: My hair is really thick, and I’ve got lots of it, so it usually stays well, expect when it’s humid, then it’s frizz central.

Hope everything is well with you @Scandinavian

Must get on, lots to do.

Have a great day everyone :wavey:

Welcome to Austin! Are ya'll here for SXSW events? We will be doing some anniversary celebrations here and there and I'm sure your agenda is packed. If you have some downtime though, let me know and perhaps we can say hello! Missy has my contact information. Have fun!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be great @PierreBear @missy also has my email address.

We arrive Thursday 14th, on the 20th we’re going to visit our friends, be back in Austin on 22nd, and leaving on the 28th. Anytime you’re available would be great. I’m ok driving in the daylight, but I’m a bit wary of driving on the wrong side of the road in the dark :???:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

PierreBear, is the house behind you new? I hope the trees block them out for you. I love a good cheese and fruit tray. Yum! Dinner with friends sounds fun. I think it’s spring break around here too; Marty said the airport was packed on Sunday night. Convenience is often work the extra fee. Sometimes something strikes me as ridiculous though and then I become cheap.

Austina, you deserve some new bling for all the work you did on your kitchen floor. That sounds like a big chore. Thanks; I always try to catch a sunrise or sunset if I’m awake then. My view to the east is open for now. Once they build more houses behind us I’ll lose that view. My view to the west is blocked with houses now. Darn.

Missy, nice that you slept in. I was rather surprised I beat you posted this morning. Good luck with the inspections. Thanks; the sunrise did all the work; all I did was snap the photo. I think I’ll call a CPA tomorrow and make an appointment to have them figure out our taxes. I’m with you on being honest and especially on my taxes. Good plan to test the next kitchen and oven at the beach house with some of Greg’s delicious cookies. That mural is quite pretty. Very cool.

PierreBear and Austina, that would be great if you could get together during Austina’s trip.

Not much new here. Marty’s plane landed early last night, his luggage was the 3rd one out of the carousel and the bus too the car rental was there and left as soon as he got on the bus. He said he was worried what was going to happen after things going well. He got to the hotel and they couldn’t find his reservations. Luckily they had a room available for him.

It was warmish and sunny today.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's snowing again woohoo. The meteorologists are calling it the 3rd Nor'easter in the past 11 days. So far it is not bad but I think it might be picking up as the day goes on. Greg's headed into NJ again this time via train to teach at the law school and then back to work. Not a great travel day but glad he isn't driving to the beach house like yesterday.

Marcy haha yes the life of a retired person does not suck! If I cannot fall asleep at night no stress. I will sleep in and sleep in I am doing. That hour change really messes with our circadian rhythms and I am still trying to get back to "normal" though it is quite debatable if I was ever "normal" :lol: Hey who wants to be normal aka average anyway right? We beat to our own drummer. :cool2:

Glad Marty's plane landed safely and that everything went smoothly. Glad they found his (or at least a room for him) reservations at the hotel.
Glad you have an appointment for your taxes to be done (we haven't done ours yet...usually we take care of that end of March beginning of April to make sure we have no revisions from our investments etc).

How's work going so far this week? Hope all is calm and the babies at work dont need extra care this week haha. And enjoy your warm sunny weather! Living vicariously through you girls who have some nice weather happening. Mid March and we are on the March in like a lion and I sure hope out like a Lamb weather. :P2

Austina and Pierrebear woohoo! SO excited you are going to meet this month. I didn't receive any requests from either of you but from reading what you wrote here I will send you a group email OK? :appl:

Scandi hope your rescheduling went easily and that you are feeling well.

Hello Rainwood! Hope your heat is working and thinking of you.

Junie hope you are having a good week and that it isn't nasty weather by you.

CJ hope you are having a good week. Hugs!

PierreBear how was dinner last night with your friend? Very exciting buying new appliances. I honestly don't know what I would do in your situation re the fridge. I was thinking about it last night. Nothing beats the appearance of a high end fridge though the price and reliability isn't good. In our primary home it would be a tougher decision if we didnt already have our Subszero. Sure you will make the best decision for you.

Everything went very very well yesterday thank goodness! We had all 3 final inspections done. Electrical PASS, Plumbing PASS and general Contracting work PASS so woohoo. Kitchen is almost done. And our new stools look great in the space. Greg has to fill in the holes but the stools came with the plugs. It's just yesterday was non stop for him with working remotely and inspections so he had no time to take care of the stools and fill the plugs in but here's a quick pic of how they are now.

kitchenstools.jpg kitchenstools.jpeg

I have before and after pics and Greg tried to get analogous after pics to our before pics (my idea) so I will see if I can put together a short montage of before and after. Haha @marcy I could use your expertise here and your photography skills! Can I tempt you with cookies and apple and cherry pie perhaps?:cheeky::lickout:

Have a wonderful day girls and sorry if I left anyone out and hugs!:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Dinner with my friend was a joyous time. She made a kale salad and a chicken/green tomatillo soup. We laughed a bunch and shared a bunch so it was wonderful. Came home to a sweet DH who was getting the lunches prepped for today. Anyhow, just wanted to say hello and have a great one!

@marcy – Yes, the house behind us is new and is with new builders who love to build homes way too tall and doesn’t care to stagger the homes to think about privacy. One of the neighbors said they feel like they live in an apartment complex now since the new homes are built so closely to the older ones.

@missy – Thanks again for your great feedback on the fridge and appliances. Yes, I’ll agree that those high-end appliances look so beautiful but out of our price range of what we want to spend on appliances. I’ll just admire your beautiful kitchen from the pictures and pretend that I’m cooking. : )

Yippeee on the inspections passing!!! Did Greg sorta have fun with all this construction? Would he ever consider doing it full time as a career if he had good people to work with instead of the GC’s wife? I think it would be so neat to see a home get renovated and built out exactly how you want it. Ohhh one can dream. : )

Thanks to Missy for connecting us via email. @Austina – we will sync up soon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will share one before and after here for you lovely ladies who are interested.

Before:
beachhousekitchen.jpg

After:

afterbeachhousekitchen.jpg

PierreBear and Austina you are very welcome! It is my pleasure and honor to connect you lovely ladies!:appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you for putting us in touch @missy, hopefully PB and I can get together during our visit.

:dance: To the inspections all going well. I’m sure you both must be mightily relieved that it’s finally all but done. All your choices have come together to give you a really beautiful and functional kitchen, no compromising. The stools fit in so well too! What a good job Greg is so capable and practical and could keep the GC on track.

Glad Marty arrived safely @marcy and what a bonus that his case was out quickly so he could get on his way. Glad they found him a room, or it could’ve been a re-run of The Terminal :shock: That’s why we love Austin Bergstrom airport, it’s pretty small so you never have to wait long for the luggage to come off. I certainly felt all that work yesterday, my arm and wrist were really sore :???: I’ll tell Colin you think I deserve some bling, but I have a feeling it’ll fall on deaf ears :mrgreen2: I think Adam has used Block in the past, but wasn’t impressed with them.

Sounds like you had a fun evening with your friend @PierreBear and DH is well trained getting your lunches prepped while you were out.:D Hopefully your new neighbours won’t be too intrusive in to your privacy.

Another busy & productive day, went to Pilates, which I always enjoy, but it was a hard session today. :shock: I’ve done 4 loads of washing, ironed all the bed linen, washed and buffed all the kitchen units and put the ovens on to clean themselves. I was sceptical that the clean option would be effective, but it really works!

Hope all the NIRDIs are well and having a good day

:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, love the pic of Greg and the mural, very nice! Dh is turning 60 this year as well and has already told me he doesn't want a party - but after seeing how nice his friend's was I'm still tempted! I have already made it very clear to him that I definitely do not want one lol. Luckily the storm bypassed us and we didn't get any snow. Great news about passing all the inspections! The stools look perfect. Wow, what a transformation! The kitchen is just so much more bright, light, and airy!

Marcy, your sil's truck sounds great! I'll bet she's excited about it. I understand how you feel about making sure the taxes are done correctly, so checking with the CPA sounds like a good idea. Beautiful sunrise! :love:

PB, thank you for the advice and I will definitely start running outside - it's still pretty cold here but I get so warm when I run it will probably feel good lol! I really should get acclimated to running on pavement. Planting trees and bushes is a great way to create a natural fence. We were so excited about not having neighbors behind our house - then we discovered the people who own the land run a landscaping business and now we have a clear view of a shed, assorted machinery, and a bunch of other junk! It's pretty unsightly and we're going to plant some everygreens and bushes to block the view. Glad you had a lovely time at your friend's house.

Austina, oh my gosh, sorry cleaning the tiles turned out to be so much work! My brother installed a backsplash in his kitchen and it took him so long to get that residue off. You certainly had a busy day and got a lot accomplished - good luck with your travel preparations, I'll bet you are really looking forward to your trip!

Think I'll call it a night here, felt tired and groggy all day, kind of glad I can finally go to bed lol - I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and also picking up my car, it's in!

Have a good night everyone, see you all tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, your kitchen looks absolutely fabulous! Your new kitchen looks bigger and brighter. Sorry to hear you are getting more snow. I hope Greg’s travels went okay today. I am so glad to hear you enjoy retirement. My appointment to get our taxes done is April 10. Her assistant assured me they would be done and submitted in time. I will feel batter having an expert do them because that’s not me. Work hasn’t changed, darn. We have snow coming back Thursday night - of course the night Marty will be driving home from the airport. Woo hoo for the kitchen remodeling passing inspection. The stools match perfectly. I’d gladly put together your photo montage for delicious cookies and pies.

PierreBear, it sounds like you had a fabulous time with your friend and how nice of DH packing lunches for you. Darn that the house behind you is tall and close. We have the same problem here. We were the first ones on our street and they are finishing up about 3 houses now. Our south and east side have a walkway which gave up more distance from our neighbors and eventual neighbors. The house that went in to the north of us is tall but skinny so that gave us more room on that side. Behind us was supposed to be a grade school but then the school decided they wanted more area so now it will be homes but they are supposed to all be one story models. W will see.

Austina, that would be a blast to get together with PierreBear. I bet you are sore from all of that hard work yesterday but I am sure your tile floor looks great. You mean my bling suggestion won’t buy you some bling because I suggested it? I’m shocked. Ha Ha. The couple years we went to Block we had to go in and file amended returns because they missed some things. You really went on a cleaning spree today. I need to run the cleaner on my oven. Good idea.

Junebug, good deal the storm passed you. I wouldn’t want a birthday party either; I’d rather go to a quiet dinner to celebrate. Darn that the view of your neighbor’s land isn’t very pleasant. I am sure some trees and shrubs will improve the view. Good luck at the doctor tomorrow; I hope you get a good report card.

I’d best tell Marty his lead foot needs to go on a diet; I keep seeing people getting speedy tickets on the way to and from work. I am using my driver’s assist to keep my speed down.

Have a great day.
Marcy

P

PierreBear

Good morning! My big talk with my new part-time boss is today. Hopefully the ideas and plan I have in place will be well received. Regardless, of how today goes, I’m finally sleeping through the night and feeling more like myself and getting a handle on things. I’m staying positive, ladies. In the evening after a workout, I’m going to make a thai curry with tofu, cauliflower, and mushrooms. Haven’t made curry in awhile so that should be fun… speaking of food… I hope I remember to study for my quiz next Monday on beans and pasta. So funny to think of myself as a student. OK hope ya’ll have a great day!

@missy - The before and after shot of the kitchen is amazing! I forgot to ask you earlier how you felt about the kitchen island. Or perhaps you won’t know until you get there whether you felt that it was too tight of a squeeze or if it’s a ok? Remind me what type of kitchen range ya’ll put in? It looks so chic and sexy to me. Yes, an appliance can look gorgeous to me for some reason… haha

@Austina – Yes, I do hope we can meet up. Sent you a message this morning! Way to have a productive day and get a work out in!

@junebug17 – Ohhh happy early birthday to your DH. Why doesn’t he want a party? Just doesn’t like the attention in general or is specific to turning 60? I am one that doesn’t like attention or just gets embarrassed easily so I can see his perspective. On the other hand, I have to remind myself that life is short so celebrate every chance you get.

It’s hard to figure out what to wear when it’s colder outside. My DH sweats a lot when he runs so he doesn’t want to layer up too much of else the sweat will make him colder when he runs. Experiment with it a bit but generally you want to be a bit cold when you first start running and then when your body warms up you will feel comfortable. Or just shed those layers and then you will feel fine. Good luck to running on pavement and ease into it.

Oh bummer to hear about the people’s landscaping business impeding your view. We thought about planting bamboo to grow and cover up the scene but fear that it might just look messy and unsightly. Good luck to your planting adventures as well!

YAY enjoy the new car! Show us some pictures!

@marcy – Bummer that you have the same issue with homes being built near-by. Maybe not having a grade school is a good thing? I guess kids at that age shouldn’t be causing trouble but older kids walking home in the neighborhood might find other things to do… so I’ve heard from a friend who used to live in that type of environment.

Oh I forgot to tell you the other day that I had a chance to ride in someone’s Tesla. Wow… the pick up was amazing but it was so quiet that it felt unnatural. When you accelerate you expect to hear it and perhaps feel it with the rumbling of the car. The Tesla felt like it was a Japanese bullet train of some sort. How do you feel about Teslas? From what I understand, the pick up is quicker than a car as a car takes time for the combustion to do it’s thing …. Umm that’s as technical as I get. : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!!! Thank you for the kitchen reno compliments. You are all very kind!

Junie thank you! Hope you had a good night's sleep last night and wake feeling refreshed. Good luck on your doctor's appointment today and WOOHOO to car pickup!!! I see how you just squeezed that in there so subtly. LOL cannot get the new car by us.:cheeky: Cannot wait for you to pick it up and I hope it is all that you want it to be. :appl:

Austina thank you! Glad you did 4 loads of laundry and that the ovens cleaned themselves. Really amazing. And yay for a hard but productive Pilates season. Isn't Pilates wonderful? Tomorrow is your travel day and hope you have a safe and wonderful trip!

Hi Marcy, thank you! None of the snow stuck at all. It was a non event here but I think parts of Long Island got 11". We thankfully escaped the storm here. But Winter is not over yet and we don't know if we are done yet with storms. Sure hope we all are but we will see. I hear talk next week of something brewing omg and lol. Cannot make this stuff up right? Glad your driver's assist helps your lead foot haha. Oh no to snow returning to you this Thursday when Marty returns home...wishing him a safe flight and drive back. Glad your taxes will be done by a professional in time for tax season. Sorry work is the same. But hoping it is all manageable and glad you have the skills to deal with the nonsense there. Thank you for your kind offer of cookies and cakes...haha see how I left out the part that it is a virtual montage...I am all about real life baked goods :lickout:

PierreBear, thank you! Oh your Tesla drive sounds like it was fun woohoo. Glad you enjoyed! A few Nirdis have Teslas by the way. :kiss:
Oh good luck with your talk with your boss today. Hope it goes well. Fingers crossed for you. I am so glad you are feeling better about everything and your attitude is wonderful. Positive attitude brings good things.:appl:

We used our old range at the beach kitchen since Greg loves it so much. I think (and I texted the info to you didn't I?) it's a Kitchen Aid range at the beach house. If I am wrong I will let you know. My phone isn't near me so I cannot check my text to you the other day but I think I did send that info. We have a Samsung range here that Greg also loves. Both these ranges get very hot and the ovens heat up so quickly and well if Greg is happy I am happy as he is the chef in our family as you know. I have been thinking more about high end appliances for you and well I dont think it is worth spending 7 times the cost and basically while I LOVE the look of our Subzero fridge (Brooklyn fridge) I doubt I would want to spend the 15K our model would now cost us. We spent about 10K on it in 2004 which was crazy enough lol but we were young and foolish. I am wiser now. At least I hope I am haha. What I might do if I were you I might consider a built in covered fridge like we had in Sea Girt that looked very beautiful. I just didnt want to do that at the beach because I thought it would be too much white and I wanted the stainless to break up the solid wall of white if that makes sense.

Here are some pics of our old beach kitchen in Sea Girt. We did this kitchen from scratch. See how the fridge is covered. Oh and I loved our double ovens. Though Greg really didnt use it so we didnt do that in our beach kitchen now. We also had that pop up thing on the range that Austina has. And when it didn't get stuck we enjoyed it. Very sci fi.:sun:

sorry for the messy appearance. Clearly I didn't stage things haha.
seagirtkitchenclose.jpg

seagirtcloseupkitchen.jpg

So I owe you girls an extra big thank you. You were with me during this whole kitchen transformation journey. I sure hope I don't leave anyone out who helped me but I am taking that chance because so many of you really went the extra mile and were there for me the whole time and I wanted to make sure you know how much I appreciate your help. SO here goes...THANK YOU @junebug17 @marcy @Austina @PierreBear @rainwood @Scandinavian @CJ2008 @canuk-gal @LLJsmom @Jimmianne. And OMG if I left anyone out who was there for me these past few months ie the kitchen support team haha I apologize...it wasn't intentional but I had to thank you ladies because you really helped me with choices along the way. Thank you!

Having said that we aren't done yet so don't think you are free of my kitchen random thoughts just yet.:lol: Need painting, front kitchen dutch door renovation, litter box addition, and little odds and ends and of course putting everything back into the kitchen. And then clean up the whole house. You know that reno dust really gets into everything. But we are in the home stretch, Pun intended.

Have a lovely day and hugs to you all.:wavey:

Last edited:
P

PierreBear

Good morning girls!!! Thank you for the kitchen reno compliments. You are all very kind!

Junie thank you! Hope you had a good night's sleep last night and wake feeling refreshed. Good luck on your doctor's appointment today and WOOHOO to car pickup!!! I see how you just squeezed that in there so subtly. LOL cannot get the new car by us.:cheeky: Cannot wait for you to pick it up and I hope it is all that you want it to be. :appl:

Austina thank you! Glad you did 4 loads of laundry and that the ovens cleaned themselves. Really amazing. And yay for a hard but productive Pilates season. Isn't Pilates wonderful? Tomorrow is your travel day and hope you have a safe and wonderful trip!

Hi Marcy, thank you! None of the snow stuck at all. It was a non event here but I think parts of Long Island got 11". We thankfully escaped the storm here. But Winter is not over yet and we don't know if we are done yet with storms. Sure hope we all are but we will see. I hear talk next week of something brewing omg and lol. Cannot make this stuff up right? Glad your driver's assist helps your lead foot haha. Oh no to snow returning to you this Thursday when Marty returns home...wishing him a safe flight and drive back. Glad your taxes will be done by a professional in time for tax season. Sorry work is the same. But hoping it is all manageable and glad you have the skills to deal with the nonsense there. Thank you for your kind offer of cookies and cakes...haha see how I left out the part that it is a virtual montage...I am all about real life baked goods :lickout:

PierreBear, thank you! Oh your Tesla drive sounds like it was fun woohoo. Glad you enjoyed! A few Nirdis have Teslas by the way. :kiss:
Oh good luck with your talk with your boss today. Hope it goes well. Fingers crossed for you. I am so glad you are feeling better about everything and your attitude is wonderful. Positive attitude brings good things.:appl:

We used our old range at the beach kitchen since Greg loves it so much. I think (and I texted the info to you didn't I?) it's a Kitchen Aid range at the beach house. If I am wrong I will let you know. My phone isn't near me so I cannot check my text to you the other day but I think I did send that info. We have a Samsung range here that Greg also loves. Both these ranges get very hot and the ovens heat up so quickly and well if Greg is happy I am happy as he is the chef in our family as you know. I have been thinking more about high end appliances for you and well I dont think it is worth spending 7 times the cost and basically while I LOVE the look of our Subzero fridge (Brooklyn fridge) I doubt I would want to spend the 15K our model would now cost us. We spent about 10K on it in 2004 which was crazy enough lol but we were young and foolish. I am wiser now. At least I hope I am haha. What I might do if I were you I might consider a built in covered fridge like we had in Sea Girt that looked very beautiful. I just didnt want to do that at the beach because I thought it would be too much white and I wanted the stainless to break up the solid wall of white if that makes sense.

Here are some pics of our old beach kitchen in Sea Girt. We did this kitchen from scratch. See how the fridge is covered. Oh and I loved our double ovens. Though Greg really didnt use it so we didnt do that in our beach kitchen now. We also had that pop up thing on the range that Austina has. And when it didn't get stuck we enjoyed it. Very sci fi.:sun:

sorry for the messy appearance. Clearly I didn't stage things haha.
seagirtkitchenclose.jpg

seagirtcloseupkitchen.jpg

So I owe you girls an extra big thank you. You were with me during this whole kitchen transformation journey. I sure hope I don't leave anyone out who helped me but I am taking that chance because so many of you really went the extra mile and were there for me the whole time and I wanted to make sure you know how much I appreciate your help. SO here goes...THANK YOU @junebug17 @marcy @Austina @PierreBear @rainwood @Scandinavian @CJ2008 @canuk-gal @LLJsmom @Jimmianne. And OMG if I left anyone out who was there for me these past few months ie the kitchen support team haha I apologize...it wasn't intentional but I had to thank you ladies because you really helped me with choices along the way. Thank you!

Having said that we aren't done yet so don't think you are free of my kitchen random thoughts just yet.:lol: Need painting, front kitchen dutch door renovation, litter box addition, and little odds and ends and of course putting everything back into the kitchen. And then clean up the whole house. You know that reno dust really gets into everything. But we are in the home stretch, Pun intended.

Have a lovely day and hugs to you all.:wavey:

You absolutely did share the kitchen appliance information already! Apologies that I didn't put two and two together. I just got too excited about your "after" photos that it didn't feel like the "beach house" anymore. hahaha that's truly a good renovation and transformation. I think we are going to avoid the higher end appliances but my interest is peaked with Kitchen Aid. I had no idea they made things other than the mixer.... I would possibly like to switch since it looks like a cleaner look but everything else we have is GE and who knows when things will break overtime... it might drive me nuts to have 1/2 products GE and 1/2 Kitchenaid. I think I need a house re-do but actually we were lucky that our home came with appliances so I shouldn't complain.

NIRDI ladies... do ya'll mind sharing what brand of appliances ya'll own and whether you are happy with it in terms of reliability? Appreciate it!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@PierreBear and I have a date on Sunday :lol: She’s kindly coming to meet me and there will be cake :mrgreen2: Looking forward to finally meeting a NIRDI and hope it’s the first of many such NIRDI meetings.

Did you all see that there’s a get together hosted by WF in May? Shame it’s not in the next 2 weeks, but Texas Leaguer has said he’ll save me any party favours for when I visit in September :dance:

Woohoo @junebug how’s the new car? Have you taken it out to see what it can do yet? Hope your Drs appt went well. Colin also insisted there be no surprise party for his 60th, but for his 65th, we took some friends on a cruise with us, that we all enjoyed.

I hope your meeting went well today @PierreBear and that you were able to discuss all your ideas and plans and they were receptive to them.

We have Siemens appliances, mainly because when we moved here, that’s what was here and they seemed to be good quality, so when we redid the kitchen we replaced them with newer versions. The good thing about them is that they have different spec levels, so you don’t have to go for the top of the range if you don’t want to. I didn’t go for the absolute top level ovens as I didn’t feel I would use features like the steam facility. I’m still using the washing machine that they left, it’s 18 years old! The guy who did our kitchen took our old kitchen and the appliances for his nephew, who’d just bought a house. Dishwasher, microwave, induction hob and downdraft extractor, I did go for the top spec.

Oh no to more snow @marcy, I hope Marty gets back safely without any delays. Your SIL’s truck will certainly stand out from the crowd, I almost got a Lime Yellow convertible, but in the end was offered a deal I couldn’t refuse on a black one, but my previous one had been yellow. Like this
7DAAA4CF-5436-4A3F-9661-664CC6703B1C.jpeg

I hope all is well with you @Scandinavian and that you’ve managed to reschedule your op.

Yay to almost being at the finish line @missy and yes, building dusts gets absolutely everywhere, and often takes several cleans before you’ve got it all. I’m excited for you to almost being able to enjoy the results of all this hard work and anxiety. Hopefully all the stress will soon be a long forgotten memory.

Dottie was excited to get to Tom’s this morning, I think for the first time she noticed his cat, and very gently said hello :D We’re all set for the off, we’ll be leaving here at 7am to drive to the airport and leave the car. Long day ahead, but we should be at Adams by 5pm (local time)

I’ll see you in the other side :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI NIRDIs!

Happy Pi Day (also know as mm Greg’s delicious apple pie).

Junebug, how did I miss you last line about picking up your car? I am so excited for you. I hope you love it. I washed mine tonight.

PierreBear, good deal you are getting a handle on things and slept well. That’s a great way to start the day. I hope your talk went well. Marty loves curry; he’d be happy to test your cuisine. Your advice to Junebug about clothing to wear when running reminded me of one of the Race for the Cure event I walked in. It was something like 30 when we started so I dressed warm. Bad idea. It didn’t take long for that warm clothing to be too much. I bet having a school right by you could be a good or a bad thing. Since we are against a walkway anyway we figured we are kind of visible and someone out doing some shenanigans wouldn’t like being somewhere anyone could come along at any minute. It’s hard to say. Tesla’s are great looking cars and they are super quick. I have never been in one but I’d be interested in trying one someday. I watched a show today about building Audi R8 V10+. It gets up to 60 mph in 3 seconds then reaches 124 mph 6 seconds later. Wow! Marty would be in jail. Our house had Frigidaire Gallery appliances. Hated the. The frig is in the man cave and we replaced it with a GE Cafe series and really like it. The silly thing has a digital slide show that plays whenever you get ice or water out of the door. The dishwasher is Kitchen Aid and it works great. We got the super quiet one since it is about 8 feet from our couch. We still have the Frigidaire stove and it works well enough that we didn’t replace it but I’m getting the Kitchen Aid stove when we do decide to upgrade. We would have bought a Kitchen Aid refrigerator but they didn’t have a larger size (cubic feet not measurement).

Missy, you are getting more snow than we are. We need the moisture here so you can send it our way. Real baked goods are the best. I am taking my sugar cookies in to work tomorrow; I’ll be popular. My driver’s assist works pretty cool and it does help me go close to the speed limit. When we decide to replace our kitchen stove I’ll probably get the kitchen aid. I like the looks of them and that is what our dishwasher is we bought about a year and a half ago. I was very happy to be on your reno journey with you. It was fun watching it evolve and the end result is WOW! LOL to being in the home stretch. You do have a lot left to do but you are getting close.

Austina, there is going to be cake when you meet PB? I may just show up. A WF GTG in May? You know that could work for a birthday shopping trip for me. I love yellow cars; they look bright and happy to me. Have a safe trip on your way to Adam’s.

It was near 60 here today; it was gorgeous. I got my filthy car washed tonight. I even did a batch of laundry tonight. I was productive. I met a friend for lunch. She is thinking of quitting her job with the state and work for a company that hires out PM’s as contractors. She said she can’t say no - so I immediately asked for some money. It didn’t work.

I was a good sister and talked to both of my sisters on the phone. One of them can talk and talk and talk.

I had a chat with one of my employees this morning. She is training the new guy things that are not following procedures. I asked her questions and she admitted she was teaching him things he shouldn’t do, no that’s not fair to him, yes we’ve had this talk before. I love getting them to admit these things instead of me just telling them. I pointed out to her this is precisely what i removed you from being a team leader and hadn’t had to train anyone. If she does it again I am going to write her up. I think next week I’ll have him work with me.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Marcy

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs

I had every intention of catching up with you guys this morning but I am so heartbroken over the dog on United I am in tears. I wish I had never heard this story I really do.

Everything is good here otherwise I hope things are OK with you all too.

Just wanted to say hi.

Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie good morning! Hope everything works out well today. My fingers and toes are crossed for you. Hugs.

CJ I too am heartbroken and sick over the dog murder and cannot read anything about it. HORRIBLE. TRAGIC. DISGUSTING. SICKENING.
Hugs to you. And hug your sweet kitties. So many furbabies have such awful lives. We do what we can but it is heartbreaking. So hug your babies from you and me today please.

PierreBear no apologies necessary. We talk about so much how could you remember everything we chat about? I don't lol. Cannot wait to see what you get.

Austina so exciting you and PierreBear are spending time together woohoo! I know you will have a wonderful visit.:appl:
Wow that is a nice lime yellow convertible. I can see why you were tempted. Glad Dottie is settling in to her vacation home complete with kitty. Everyone gets to enjoy this vacation.

Marcy yay for you being such a good sister. Hope your work chat with the employee was productive. The saying blood from a stone comes to mind bwahaha. And yes looks like another storm for us next week. LOL March. And thank you for being on my reno journey with me. You made it fun and helped defuse the stress. HUGS.
Did someone say cookies?:lickout:
Did someone say Pi(e)?
pie.gif

Have a good Thursday girls.:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Good morning NIRDI ladies. Thanks for all the encouragement. Today is our 9 year anniversary and friends will come and eat the 9 different cheeses. DH put the OEC ring and the band in my jewelry box as a surprise. I asked him if I could keep the OEC until Sunday or else @Austina will be disappointed she flew all the way over here… hahaha…

The talk with the new boss went well. It was a bit of a rushed discussion but showed him the most important parts. The good thing is that he has a programming background and wants to do part of it himself so in essence he’s invested in it going well. There are other parts of the project that he really is hands off so it will really be up to me and the person that is transitioning this role over to me. It’s all been really abstract and haven’t been in a situation where there is no true timeline or idea. I’m a structured person so I’ll grow into this business analyst type role and mindset. Thanks again for rooting for me.

Hope ya’ll have a great day. Be safe and enjoy the day!

@Austina – Hot date and cake… what a wonderful weekend it will be. Safe travels again! Oh what is the news about a WF get together? Is it worth making a trip over there?

Thanks for sharing about your appliances. Wow steam facility in the oven? I’ve never even heard of that… interesting. Is the application the same thing as steaming vegetables in a rice cooker etc?

@marcy – Ahhh we are considering the GE café series but I think we prefer side by side and most of those are French door styles. I like the look of the café series and don’t mind paying only $1k more but it has a smaller ice maker. I think it’s also a bit bizarre to heat up hot water? The purpose of the unit is to keep things cold so to be able to run hot water seems like just something to break? Perhaps I’m just skeptical about all appliance doo dads right now. I’m really excited to hear that you have Kitchen Aid appliances. The brand has never been on my radar and truly only thought they made mixers. We are going to check it out this weekend to see if we do a slow conversion from GE to Kitchen Aid. If we were starting with a brand-new house and had to get all new appliances, it would be an easier decision. Thanks again for sharing!

Uh oh… why would your employee want to train him to do things incorrectly? Is it to make herself look good? Very strange behavior and sorry that you are dealing with it.

@CJ2008 – Very sad story. Hope you are well!

@missy – Did Greg bake you some pies? What are ya’ll doing for the weekend. I dream that ya’ll go to concerts every weekend and get all dressed up so you can wear the dangly pretty earrings.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello honies, we’re here:D

Will catch up properly tomorrow, but we’re zonked, just wanted to stop by and wish Mr & Mrs @PierreBear a very happy anniversary, and here’s to many more happy years together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results