carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

Thanks for worrying about me marcy ((((hugs)))) The thing is I've been lied to so many times people say they care and they don't. I've found that the one way I really believe them is if they make me cookies or cake. :bigsmile: Just to let you know. It wouldn't be fair if I didn't tell you.

But all kidding aside, thank you. <3 I really do think that I am OK and I am not one to typically ignore going to the Doctor if I really feel something is wrong. And I really hope I'm OK because the older I get the more I dislike going to the Doctor. (which is the opposite of what should happen) :/

Yes, real friends are priceless for sure.

And I do think that in some ways it may hurt Mousey to have people see her loved and safe. But I am betting on getting her as much exposure as possible. I also found a website Rescue Me and I will be posting her there.

Nailed it! :D How funny would that be.

I've seen the Purple commercials on YouTube - not sure if I've seen them on TV - I also heard them mentioned on Judge Judy. :bigsmile:

So sorry you didn't have a good night's sleep. Were you scared when you got that call and nobody answered? :???: I tried looking for Brave New Day but it's only on DVD on Netflix. We watched The Ritual - I didn't make it through the whole movie because I was tired but it was really good. We'll finish watching tonight.

I hope Marty is a little less cranky and that you both have a great day.

Beautiful rings marcy. :))

missy I'm glad I didn't rush to the Doctor too. Hopefully I won't have to. The accounts I have on FB are out of necessity. I don't post updates or pictures of myself often at all. If I post things 4 or 5 times a year that's a lot. Mousey I try to post every other day to keep her fresh in front of people and reply to any comments they leave for her.

What I mean about people sending her cards and toys is that they're mailing them to her. She even has a package coming from the UK. She's a little superstar :D

Hope your appointment with the endocrinologist goes well and that this Dr. is on the ball. Glad your DH and sister pushed. Keep us posted.

Thank you Greg for taking care of so much (((hugs)))

Hi kitties!

Hi austina thank you :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I do have favorite rings but only a few - these 3 are definitely the favorites. I have about 7 more RHR I really like then the others must feel totally rejected. I don’t see how a shot of whiskey would hurt Marty. Maybe I’ll add some to his supper. Good idea. I am glad you were lucky with a mild case of the flu.

Missy, thanks for the kind words about my rings. I can’t say I was looking for a yellow sapphire but I had them bring out their one of a kind and that one won me over immediately. I do really like my EC; I remember how much fun it was having some of you ladies shopping from afar with me that day. Our meeting was fun last night and the high school senior showed up again. You know I tend to have faith in older physicians; they know and have seen things some of the younger Dougie Howsers haven’t. The guy I used to go see for bronchitis was in his 80’s and he was wise and helpful. I hope she turns out to be the same for you. I am glad Greg made the list of things that still need done on the kitchen. I bet you can hardly wait to have this project done. Greg did have a very busy day yesterday. I love the pictures of the swans. I smiled at the sweet kitty pictures; they are probably plotting how to overthrow the world but who knows, right?

Austina, thank you for the compliments of my ring. I wear the EC ring as RHR but I have often thought of wearing it as my ering. What is on the menu for your friends?

CJ, I totally get where you are coming from on people not being sincere; so I will make you cookies and I’ll leave the light on. My SIL is here this weekend but we have more than one guest room. I’d break down and go to the doctor if I had to as well so I hope you continue to get better and won’t have to resort to that form of torture. I am totally laughing about how funny Nailed It would be. I might do it just to amuse myself. When Only the Brave shows up in movies on Netflix I would definitely recommend it. I will look for the Ritual. I wasn’t scared just edgy; my imagination can run away with me sometimes. Thanks for the compliments on my rings. I am wearing the yellow sapphire today. I hope the Rescue Me site helps sweet Mousey find the perfect home.

Marty got home about midnight. He stopped at a truck stop to get some breakfast and after waiting for 10 minutes and no one came over to wait on him he left. He found an iHop further down the road and ate there. He still feels really bad today but he did sleep in until almost 8. He even let me make his breakfast. He’s such a brat he said you can bitch at yourself about the bacon splatter. I fooled him though I cooked his bacon in the microwave; but instead of getting bacon grease everywhere I slopped raw scrambled eggs down the entire front of the stove. I guess I was a one upper in kitchen messes today. Ha!

Marty’s sister got here at about 10. I was sad she wasn’t setting in the living room when I got out of my shower because I planned on screaming when I “noticed” her but she stopped for coffee completely ruining my plan. So instead I greeted her with it’s about *&^*ing time you showed up. She’s probably glad she is moving to Dallas next month.

Marty and my SIL are taking down his gym. They brought all the weights home already. Marty rested before going back for round 2. We tried to talk him in to waiting until tomorrow but he’s stubborn and I am sure plans on doing most of it today. He is also said his gym didn’t work out as he’d hoped. Poor guy has had a rough week. He's not really cranky but easily irritated; after being sick since Monday I can't say I blame him.

I’m watching the South Park movie; it is wrong in so many ways but it is making me laugh.

I ran my car through a car wash this morning; it looks like a Porsche again.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy Cleanish Car

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy - really quick - watch only the first 45 minutes of The Ritual. :D The last 30 minutes of it not so good. :???:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks CJ. I'll keep that in mind. We just got finished watching U 571.
Laters,
:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's big dog Sunday!

Austina awww what a lovely sentiment and thank you! yes I did know that about swans but I love what you wrote. So romantic.:love: Hope you had a lovely Saturday night and are enjoying your Sunday!

CJ we visited the cat rescues yesterday and I was talking to the lead rescue person there and she was telling me new evidence (according to her definitive evidence) has come out showing that FIV+ is not transmitted to the others if you let them all be together. I have to find the article she was referencing and when I do I will share it with you.

Oh my goodness how wonderful people are mailing gifts to Mousey! She is a superstar!

You know I am right there with you re friends and sincerity. You have it going on in spades CJ. You are a kind and sincere empathetic person. (((Hugs))).
How are you feeling today? Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend.

Marcy so glad Marty's sister came to help him move his gym and I hope Marty is feeling better today. Poor Marty he really has been dealing with not feeling well for a long while and hope today is the turnaround day for him. He is a trooper. Haha you are a jokester that is for sure and that is what I love about you. Too bad it didn't work out with Marty's sister though and better luck next time. I am sorry she is moving and I bet you guys are going to miss her. Hope you all still get to visit with her often.

Haha yes the kitties are plotting to take over the world.:Up_to_something:

Glad your car is looking like a Porsche again.:love: It is too beautiful not to but winter does take a toll.

Junie how is your weekend going in SC? I hope you are enjoying a wonderful time!

Callie hope you enjoyed the rest of your day yesterday and hope you didnt get much or any snow. We got a light coating here but nothing too bad and it is supposed to hit mid 40s today and 70s Wednesday. LOL.

We had a good day yesterday. Saw the endocrinologist and she is running more tests. She is a conventional doctor who doesnt think you can reverse autoimmune but online I find so much evidence to the contrary and I just wish I could find a doctor in NYC who believes in that and who thinks outside of the box and who can help me. I don't think she is the one but we will see.

We also got to visit the cat rescues. So sweet! A few of the cat pairs got adopted yesterday so yay!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend girls. :wavey:
Edited to correct the day of the week. Lol I guess I wish it was Saturday every day hahaha.

Last edited:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy yay! thanks for making me cookies. <3 Do you like having people over at your house - I'm sure I've asked you this before but I forget. I'm sure it helps too if your house is big and people are not in the way. I think you should definitely do that nailed it thing. You have to at least share it with someone. I like yellow colored jewelry - I've never owned any real stones but I've had a couple of necklaces and have some earrings that are yellow and I think they're so pretty.

One of the worst things is going to an establishment and having nobody acknowledge you. It's usually a hint into the kind of morale and training at the the place and the kind of service you can expect to get. Not always, but often. Glad he left. You know the secret to completely STOP bacon splatter? When I make it for DH, I cook it on low heat. I've taught him to do the same and he loves this method. On my electric stove, I cook it at level 3. Takes a while, but comes out perfect and no splatter whatsoever. We put the bacon to make at the same time we start heating up the pan for the eggs so that by the time the eggs finish cooking the bacon is done or almost done.

Sorry your SIL ruined your surprise for her :D remind me not to ever let you know when exactly I plan on picking up my cookies. :D

Marty has had a rough week. Maybe he needs some bear and bunny action. :D Are you ever able to get him out of an irritable mood with humor.

Enjoy the shiny Porsche.

missy I'm surprised the woman at the rescue called it new (oh, wait, not sure if I read quickly or if you edited, now I read definitive) evidence because my research shows that it's been known for quite a while that FIV is not easily transmitted at all. It is usually only transmitted by deep bite wounds. So sharing bowls, litter, and even grooming won't transmit it. I don't know that I've seen any medical grade research that says it's IMPOSSIBLE for it to be transmitted in this way (but maybe this new article shoes that? If so yay!) so I don't want to use the word NEVER. But it is highly unlikely. What happens is that a lot of vets and a lot of rescue people don't still know this so they treat FIV as if it is a death sentence, or as if an FIV+ cat should not be mixed with FIV- cats. Not accurate at all. You just need to make sure they are introduced patiently and properly so that you have the best chance of the cats getting along and never getting into a fight that would cause those deep bite wounds. That would never happen in my house anyway because I would never dream of introducing any way other than over a period of time, FIV or not.

Do share with me the article though because on Mousey's FB page I have information on FIV and if someone is ever interested in adopting her but they are hesitant about FIV I want to have as much medical research as I can to share with them. I feel like part of Mousey's journey is to also get the word out there that FIV is not a death sentence, that FIV+ kitties can live long healthy lives, and that FIV+ kitties can live together with FIV- kitties.

So glad you had a nice day at the rescues yesterday and some kitties got adopted that's so wonderful to hear.

You don't sound too impressed with the Dr. But sounds like you've honed in on what exactly you want from one - one that believes that autoimmune disorders can be reversed. Maybe you can ask that question next time before you make the appointment. The people at the front answer should know the Dr's philosophy.

ETA: thanks for your kind words ((((hugs)))) and right back at you missy.

OK girls have a wonderful rest of the day!

HUGS everyone! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ! Good morning! No I didn’t edit anything but to change Saturday to Sunday as I forgot what day of the week it is lol. A not uncommon occurrence with me these days. Ahh the retired life. :lol:

So I searched and this is all I found. I hope it helps. I could always contact them to find out if there’s anything further info wise but I think this is what she was talking about. I’m sorry because she led me to believe it was something more revolutionary research wise but after reading it i see there is nothing new here.

http://brooklynanimalaction.org/fiv-cats-positively-adoptable/

((((Hugs))))

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for always thinking of Mousey! <3

What I got out of what you just sent me is:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24698667

So even though there was nothing new, your finding led me to a specific piece of research to have in my arsenal.

So thank you (((hugs)))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies.

My big dog says happy big dog day :lol:

Look at it this way, your SIL moving to Dallas gives you plenty of opportunity to visit Texas @marcy and I hear there’s a place in Sugarland that might be worth a visit too ;)2 :mrgreen2: I’m sure you’ll both miss her, but it’ll give you a chance get some warmer weather at times too. I hope Marty is on the mend, and feeling a bit better today.

I made roasted red pepper soup for J & I, and Colin & T had avocado and prawns as their starter. We had fillet steak with pepper sauce, green beans, carrots, asparagus, mini corns and dauphinois potatoes. Then we had cherry & custard tart for dessert.

:( Sorry you’re no further forward getting an effective treatment @missy, it’s so frustrating for you to read of possible help and not finding anyone who can actually help you. Hope you’re enjoying your weekend, I know visiting the kitties helps brighten your day.

Hi @CJ2008 Mousey is now an international celebkitty :mrgreen: I can’t believe that no one has fallen in love with her yet.

Hope all the other NIRDIs are having a good weekend, if you’re cold, come and sit by the fire to warm yourselves up :D

1F7D5DFF-4B3B-4BB7-88E7-AFC72437C830.jpeg

:wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cozy and inviting! I totally picture the NIRDIs around that table, glasses of wine!

I actually picture us sitting on the floor around the table :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I am with CJ @Austina! That room looks so warm and inviting! Add Dottie and all the girls and it would be perfect.:appl:

Your dinner sounded delicious especially your roasted red pepper soup and avocado and prawns. And asparagus and green beans and mini corns and potatoes. And that dessert yummm. :lickout: I am sure it was a huge success and enjoyed by all. You're a wonderful hostess and cook Austina. We will be right over to join you in that cozy inviting room.:halo:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, yes Marty has been sick for a week now. He is coughing a lot and has a really deep voice. I just tried to get him to say CNN but he didn’t sucker for my question. Darn. Yes, I guess I am a jokester or at least I think I’m funny. I am sure the kitties plan on ruling the world or at least their corner of it. Darn it that the endo didn’t impress you or give you hope. I like CJ’s suggestion of maybe asking that question before you do in to see someone. Hugs to you. That is great some of the rescue kitties got adopted yesterday.

CJ, that is pretty cool Mousey gets present. I do like having people over to our house but I hate messes. I grin and bear it there. Our house is 2100 square feet on the main floor and we have a huge man cave so we can entertain quite a few people without being crowded. How about you? Do you like to entertain? I am already toying with the nailed it idea; I know a few people at work who will get a chuckle out of it. They are the same people I shared my Manager’s Bingo card with; it was full of excuses, denials and lies we hear all the time. I still hear an occasional “Bingo” when one of them walks by me. Yellow is such a happy color; I am glad you enjoy some necklaces and earrings that are yellow. I might suggest your bacon trick; Marty seems to cook everything at a higher temperature than I would. Marty is generally very even tempered and yes I can usually get him laughing and that helps when he having a dark mood. Sometimes he just wants to be left alone though. He feels bad today but isn’t overly edgy. Poor guy. Well I’ll try to be prepared with some gag when you show up for your cookies; I do have a lot of practice in that area. My Porsche will be shiny until tomorrow because sadly we are getting snow tonight. And cold; very, very cold.

Austina, tell Dottie hi and happy big dog day for me. Sugarland, Texas is definitely on my must travel to list. I will do some serious damage there. Your menu sounds perfect. We went the simple route for lunch today. I picked up deli meat and cheese with wraps or bread. My SIL and I made a grilled cheese sandwich. We did have a mini cheesecake for dessert though. Your living room looks fabulous and just looking at the cozy fire warmed me up. Thanks!

Marty is coughing, tired and achy. Most everything is removed from his gym. He has a few pieces of plywood still in there and some of the rubber flooring. I think he is going to try and sell it on Craig’s list. They got everything else in the man cave (yes see above about how much I love messes) but it is a work in progress. He has to cut some plywood to get his gym set up in the basement again. We have to get rid of a treadmill that doesn’t work well anymore and see if we can sell a recumbent bike. I am sure he’ll work on his space of and on all week.

I’ve been doing laundry and continue working on my astronomy program for next month. It was an exciting topic so I am having fun looking up things and getting cool pictures for it.

We could end up with about 6 inches of snow tonight with lots of wind. Temps will be 8 overnight, high tomorrow of 12 and tomorrow night -5. Nooooooooooooooo!

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, the backsplash looks amazing! Love it. So sorry for the mistakes and problems on the reno but it does look beautiful. It's a shame it's turning out to be such a stressful process, hang in there. Sending healing vibes to you on the skin issues, and lots of hugs. Both diamonds are beautiful and honestly I cannot for the life of me see any color difference in those pics! I prefer Bea's faceting much more too. Love your Queen cakes! Sounds like the doctor wasn't what you are hoping for but hopefully she will be able to help in some way. Great news about a few of the cats being adopted. Wow, love the swans, they are beautiful. And what a cute pic of the kitties all hanging out together.

PB, your original ering is beautiful! :love: I'm glad you're not letting the strict cut standards of PS deter you from enjoying your lovely diamond! It's bright and lively and looks so pretty on your hand.

Austina, sorry you're still feeling under the weather and I hope you feel better in the next few days. Having friends for dinner sounds like fun. Your living room is so pretty and cozy! The menu for your dinner sounds delicious. A road trip to Whiteflash would be amazing - I'm going to see if dh will be heading to Houson then, maybe I'll hitch a ride with him!

CJ, very glad you're feeling better! Wow, how interesting people want to send Mousey presents and cards,

Marcy, sorry to hear Marty has been so sick and I do hope he's on the mend soon. Sounds like he and your sil got a lot accomplished. Love the pics of your gorgeous rings, the color of that yellow sapphire is amazing! Love that blue sapphire too :love: I remember the day you bought your EC, it was so much fun sharing that with you - what a good memory. Ugh, sorry about the cold temperatures, be careful and stay warm.

Had a good trip to SC yesterday - we made great time and the trip went by pretty quickly. Zoe seemed to handle the ride better this time in that she didn't meow a lot and was more relaxed and slept for most of the trip. Today started out very warm but the weather turned and it got cloudy and a bit chilly. Dh got some golfing in today. My sister is here and we went out to lunch and did a little shopping. We hadn't seen each other in a while so it was nice to catch up. Then dh and I went out to dinner. I ate a lot today lol!

Did my best to catch up but sorry if I missed something - Hope everyone is doing well and I'll check back soon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy President's Day.

Junie yay for enjoying SC and for the drive being easy going for you guys and sweet Zoe. She is a good girl! Our kitties would be crying their heads off much of that trip I suspect. So glad you are having fun and that your sister has joined you. Hope you and your dh are feeling much better and I am glad he got to enjoy some golf the other day. I hope the weather is nice and that you have a lovely vacation there! Thanks for all the kind compliments and hugs and big hugs back at ya. (((HUGS))).

Marcy awww I am sending buckets and buckets of get well dust for Mr. Marty! I am glad he got most of the stuff from his gym and good luck with the Craig's list sale and I am sure everything will be organized in due time. Especially when he is feeling better. I am glad you are enjoying preparing for your astronomy meeting next month and got a lot done this weekend. Oh no to more snow and more below freezing temps. Ouch. Winter is holding on. I hope milder weather comes your way soon Marcy! I am looking forward to above normal temps this week here but we are due for rain tonight and rain mid week and for the weekend too. But it will be mild and I will take that over snow. Hope work goes well for you this week. (((Hugs))).

Hi CJ, thought of you again yesterday as we visited the Sunday rescues and got to hug them too. I was sooo tempted to adopt a senior white female kitty named Lady. So sweet and personable. Can you believe her owners brought her to a (kill) shelter????? Grrrrrrrr! Thank goodness K9 rescued her. But anyway someone attended the event yesterday who I think is going to adopt her so whew. Dodged that one hahaha. Though I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world adopting a fifth it isn't the best time at all.

Hi Austina, how was your Sunday and what plans do you have for the upcoming week?

Hi Scandi, hope your weekend went well and that your schedule is less crazy this week. Thinking of you and hoping you are feeling well.

So we had a lovely Sunday. Visited our Sunday rescues and I actually took photos this time because the head of that rescue organization asked me to take them for her. So I did and will share a few here. See my above comments to CJ. So badly wanted to adopt Lady a sweet 10 year old cat. I didn't get any photos of her though as we were just taking of the others since Lady probably already has a home.

Haha you can see Greg in the background here as I was playing photographer. :bigsmile:
This kitty is Carrot. Sweet baby.

carrot.jpg

Next up is Rhea. Beautiful girl.
Rhea.jpeg

umm time to go back in...
rescuekitty.jpg

My favorite photo of the day though. Look at her tongue. Precious! And I love this woman who works tirelessly for the rescues. She is a real sweetheart. An angel on earth.

mindyandrescuecat.jpg

So our oven stopped working yesterday and of course being Sunday there wasn't much I could do. And of course we have an uncommon oven as in hard to find a repair person who is skilled with fixing it. It's a Dacor oven. Love my dh but OMG how he came to choose the appliances he did in Brooklyn is a mystery to me. LOL. So today my mission is to search and find someone who can fix our Dacor oven. Chasing down a few leads. Fingers crossed. Luckily Greg was able to cook for the week anyway using our grill and gas cooktop. Gotta make it work even without an oven temporarily. No one is going hungry here haha.

Leaving you with a peaceful morning scene...one from Brooklyn and one from the beach house.

From Brooklyn as I type on my laptop to you lovely ladies. My sweet babies helping me post. :halo:

4kittiesbed2018.jpg

and from the beach house backyard this calm serene morning. Let's hope the workmen do what they need to do at the beach house this week and that it goes smoothly. :pray:

beachbackyardfeb192018.jpg

Have a good Monday girls! (((HUGS))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It never rains but it pours! Hopefully you found someone to come and fix your oven @missy. There’s definitely something in NOT going for the different or unusual.

Awww to the pusskats, I suppose Rhea was getting fed up looking beautiful :lol: Your kitties love their morning snuggles, don’t they? Hoping everything went smoothly at the beach house today and you’re one day nearer to completion.

I hope Marty is feeling better as each day goes on @marcy , poor guy has been through the mill. I always cook bacon in my George Foreman grill (use it for steaks too) contains all the splatters, and the plates lift off and go in the dishwasher.

Glad you had a good journey to SC @junebug17 enjoy your week there, rest, relax and have fun with your sister.

Hi @CJ2008

You’re all more than welcome to visit anytime :D

Did I tell you last year about the 2 puppies who were Spinone/Bracco crosses, whose poor mother had been used constantly for breeding? She couldn’t be saved (owner had neglected her :evil: ) but the pups were adopted here, well Tristan’s owner posted a photo of him, and he’s absolutely gorgeous :love:

2D0E0890-052C-4661-AFB0-CC8BF139FF38.jpeg

We had a lazy day yesterday, and have no big plans for this week.

Happy Monday :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, glad your trip to SC went well and Zoe didn’t mind the road trip so much. Marty will be jealous to hear your DH got to play golf. That’s nice your sister is there and the two of you caught up with each other. Enjoy your time in SC.

Missy, your pictures of the rescue kitties turned out great. They are such cuties. Your crew look very comfy on the bed and the scene from the beach looks fabulous. I hope they finish your kitchen this week. It will be nice to have that behind you. Oh no to your oven not working. Such a pain to need repairs. Rain sounds way better than snow to me.

Austina, I hadn’t thought of a George Foreman grill for bacon. We had one but I am pretty sure we threw it out when we moved. Tristan is precious.

Thank you for the well wishes for Marty. He is still coughing. I suggested he see a doctor since his check hurts but I got ignored. He is working out downstairs right now I am sure it’s kicking his butt since he hasn’t lifted for a week.

His sister hid 5 of my bears before she left today. I got home from work and sent her a text - telling her real funny she’s going to pay for that. I’ll get even, somehow; someway.

It was -1 when I pulled in the garage tonight and windchill makes it feel like -15. Tomorrow is going to be colder. I dug out my thermals so had on 2 layers of pants and 3 layers on top plus wore a polar fleece under my wool coat. I was pretty warm with all of that.

I left a roast cooking in the crock pot. It’s nice to come home to a warm dinner on a cold day.

Take care.
Marcy
IMG_6525 2.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Awww Austina I am sad about the Spinone momma. How awful those breeders can be.:cry2:I am glad the puppies were saved. How sweet they are and thank you for sharing the photo.
Enjoy your lazy and relaxed week. Sounds perfect for the end of February.

Marcy OMG to your dh's sister. Haha. Hope the teddy bears are not too traumatized by their experience. Yes please convince your stubborn dh to get to the doctor to rule out pneumonia etc. Men. Your car is looking oh so pretty. Stay warm!

Hey there Sharon! How is your mother doing? Hope she is feeling better each day and getting stronger. How is your weather? Signs of spring coming I hope?

It's a mild foggy London town day today. I have an afternoon appointment with an NYU endocrinologist and a list of questions. No expectations and I am feeling OK so I do not have a sense of urgency which is calming. Appointment with repairman this Friday but Greg is doing some research and thinks we need to replace the Dacor oven. Oh well I guess 13/14 years these days for appliances is not out of the norm but still. OK that is my existing (#notexciting) update for the day. Enjoy your Tuesday girls!:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Hi Ladies! Apologies that I haven't been active. Work has been challenging but with the deadline this upcoming Friday, I know that this upcoming weekend will be a restful one without the worries in the back of my mind. Yesterday was cooking with grains and I forgot to take pictures again of all the dishes but remember last minute on the last dish we put together. It's such an unusual concoction but actually tastes good. It's a cold salad and the brown grain is called farro. I don't ever buy this grain but I think I've had it once at a restaurant. The other items in the salad are shaved fennel, blueberries, chopped parsley, chopped mint, and feta cheese. The dressing is olive oil and red wine vinaigrette. Nice and bright just not your typical boring salad. Hope ya'll enjoy the photo and may want to try it.

Oh speaking of food, I finally made one recipe in the instapot that I thought was decent. It was a mushroom and pea risotto. However, after learning about grains, I'm now educated that the cooking method can't really be called a risotto since you aren't constantly stirring and adding the liquid little by little so it's more of a pilaf method. Ehhh I'm not a food snob either so as long as it tastes good, it's an A plus in my book.

Hope ya'll have a great day!

20180219_203721.jpg

@missy – Ahh never get tired of looking at pictures of Bea. Love her faceting and her setting compliments her so well.

So nice to see that your cats get along. Do they play all night long and keep you up from the time to time? Does one cat favor you or Greg? I think I’m a one cat type of gal but I know my cat had a brother and wish from time to time that we had adopted him as well. Wonder where he is!!!

Please keep us posted on the DR visits and kitchen renovations. Love your updates!

@Austina – I’m definitely down for a WF visit with the NIRDI ladies. I never realized that the diamond reflects the setting and that makes complete sense. How neat that you went from YG to WG and got a brand new look. Do you have before and after pictures? Did you go to WG because more of your jewelry was in WG or you wanted it to look whiter?

Ahhh hope you are feeling better and didn’t get a full blown sickness!

What a beautiful sitting area with a fire. So homey!!

@CJ2008 – Good idea on using the rule of buying organic for things you bite into. I asked my chef instructor today if he had a rule and he said pretty much just move to Europe where they don’t spray down food to mass produce. I’ll have to tell DH, my teacher said we should have a second place in Europe! Hahaha

How are you feeling now with your tummy problems? Hope you are doing better!

@marcy – I don’t feel like I’m the normal PSer because I’m not really into certificates and analysis of the numbers either.

So kind of you to watch the girlie movie when Marty isn’t around. I’m watching a new show right now and warned DH that it might not be his cup of tea since all the main characters were women. It indeed is more drama than action but so far it’s interesting enough to him. Or perhaps it’s the appeal of just relaxing in front of the TV and it doesn’t matter what it is!

WOW!! Thanks for showing your pictures of your jewelry! Goregous!!! All so different and very unique. I can’t imagine figuring out what to pick to wear every day.

Sorry to hear that Marty is having such a hard week but glad that your SIL is able to help him.

@junebug17 – Glad you had a safe and productive trip to SC. Do you golf with DH? I think shopping with a sister is much more fun! Did you get any good for yourself?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Missy, sending good thoughts for a productive doctor's visit today, hope you get some helpful info. Love the pics you took at the rescue place, the kitties are all so sweet and I hope they are adopted soon. I can't fathom how an owner could take their pet to a kill shelter. :cry2: Fingers crossed that Lady gets a new home soon. Such a cute pic of the kitties in bed! So happy they found such a wonderful home with you and Greg. Pretty pic of the water :love:Sorry to hear about the oven, not great timing with everything else you have going on!

Austina, what a beautiful dog! :love: So sad about his mother.

Marcy, sending Marty lots of healing vibes, he's been battling this bug for a while now. Lol to your sil hiding your bears, she's terrible! :P2 Ugh to those ridiculous temps, I hope it warms up at least a little for you soon. I've said this before, but I wished we lived closer - our dhs could play golf together and we could go shopping lol.

PB, good luck with your work week! You must really be looking forward to the weekend. Your salad looks and sounds so good! No, I don't play golf...although I love to watch it on tv lol. Dh is really into playing though, he loves it. My sister and I just bought some little things - sleep masks and a few beaded bracelets. She almost bought a jacket but decided to think about it.

No special plans for today - it's nice here so we'll probably go for a walk. My sister is leaving tomorrow so I'll get together with her at some point. I'm doing what I do best...which is nothing ha!

Have a good Tuesday everyone! xox

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there Junie! I’m so glad you’re enjoying your time there and relaxing. Thanks for all your kind comments. . (((Hugs)))

Hi PierreBear that sounds delicious. I love Farro. My mom cooks it. Sorry it’s been a stressful week and glad you’ll be done by Friday and can enjoy the upcoming weekend. Hugs.

CJ I forgot to share these photos with you. Thanks for thinking of Zena. She’s doing wonderfully. Latest pics. Hugs.

24634DDF-9F0D-44FF-8B74-CE8203453315.jpeg

4374E264-1223-42DB-AFE5-1CED290482EF.jpeg

B0AF9E26-9B3C-4431-9BA1-C4EBEAEA506D.jpeg

00AE067C-EAB7-426A-8BF3-2215B054068E.jpeg

My niece turned 10 this Sunday. Wow she’s already a double digiter. Scary how fast time is going. I remember it like yesterday when she was a newborn in my arms. She is such a sweetheart. The definition of kindness and empathy. I worry for her. It’s a hard world for the empathetic.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Fingers crossed that things went well this afternoon @missy, I really hope you’ve found someone who can help.

Awwwww, Zena looks like she’s well and truly settled in with your sister’s family, and she clearly adores your sweet niece. It’s so good for children to be brought up with animals and teaches them to care for and respect other living creatures. I remember reading an article years ago about research showing that they grow into better adults.

Enjoy your good weather @junebug17 what a welcome relief from the cold and wet.

Hope work isn’t too difficult @PierreBear. Your salad looks delicious, I’ll have to look up farro as it’s not something I’ve heard off, but it’s fun to experiment with new ingredients. Glad you’ve found a good dish for the Instapot, I know Adam uses his quite a lot.

This was my trilogy that I had reset into my bezel set earrings and slider pendant.

FED01C90-4EBF-4050-A027-F3B83E943D4F.jpeg
When I got married (a 100 years ago :lol: ) white metals weren’t really that common, but I do prefer it now, especially platinum, as I like the more metallic look of it over w/g.

I’ll let you know nearer the time, of the exact date we’ll be going to WF :D

Have any of the bears escaped from their wrongful imprisonment yet @marcy :mrgreen2: ? How’s Marty today, any better? Is it a good idea for him to be working out if he’s unwell? Did you get all the forecast snow , I hope you’re safe and warm.

Continuing to send good thoughts for your Mum’s continued recovery @canuk-gal

Big wave out to all the NIRDIs. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina oooh you tease haha. I cannot wait to see what you do at WF. It's going to be beautiful. I think your trilogy in yellow gold was quite pretty. A very rich color combo with diamonds.

Saw the endocrinologist and I won't bore you with the details (they are in the autoimmune thryoid thread if you are interested) but she diagnosed me with hashimotos disease and started me on a small dose of Levothyroxine every AM. Will see how it goes.

Hope all the NIRDIs are enjoying a lovely day. It is beautiful here. In the 60s and sunny and I just came back after a nice long walk. It's the perfect winter weather day IMO.:sun:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI's hello!

How do you feel MIssy--was your appt. what you expected? Cute picture of your neices and their pooch!

Thank you for the well wishes for my Mom. I spent the long weekend with her and it was exhausting! lol (and I have nothing like her reasons!). My Mom is doing very well--healing beautifully and her ROM is fabu--thee nurse and physio were really impressed with her 83 degree of flexion! 24/7 care giving draining--but worth it. My Mom is really independent and I can see how this takes a toll on her as well. My sister who was there before me did such a great job--and filled her freezer--she is an excellent cook. My other sister is also great with the appointments and buying fresh stuff. Group effort!

As the weather has been brutal here I took the express bus from my city to hers and I am glad I did. At least that stress of driving was eliminated.

Anyway, I still feel tired (Mom was up every 2 hours??) but my sleep debt is recovering.

cheers--Sharon

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina roasted red pepper soup sounds delicious. Is that a creamy soup or brothy.

Yes, she's a celebkitty. :bigsmile: Plenty of people have fallen in love with her I can tell they really like her, but for one reason or another can't / don't want to adopt her.

marcy how is marty feeling?

Ooooh what does marty have in his man cave and are you allowed in there LOL (yes I'm back to using that and I don't care :D)

No I don't like to entertain...well, I should say. The one or two times a year I might do it I have fun with it. And they're never big gatherings - I'm talking maybe 8-10 people, maybe 12 including DH and I. But it takes every ounce of energy I have. So when I have to do it I find things that I enjoy about it but it's exhausting for me to have people in the house. A couple of times when I hosted things I kept it real simple, like ordering pizza or making frozen lasagna.

The Manager's Bingo card sounds hysterical.

How funny, DH used to cook everything super high heat. Like HIGH. It took me a long time of telling him about studies about Teflon and toxic fumes, etc. and a lot of times of me showing him how you can make eggs perfectly well at Level 4 on our stove. Now he is finally doing it although he's still too lax sometimes making sure the teflon pan has either oil or food in it.

I wonder if I would be a good practical jokester. I don't think I would be only because I'm thinking if you don't think of those things naturally you probably aren't very good at it. But I'd be better at that than trying to be funny or witty because at least with a gag I get to think about it. I need processing time for EVERYTHING. LOL

Did you find your bears?

june I thought it was interesting for sure. Her package from the UK should be arriving any day now.

Glad Zoey didn't get too stressed out from the drive and that you enjoyed some time with your sister. :) Is she a younger or older sister?

missy I think you will *know* for sure when the time is right for that 5th kitty. missy, I believe anything that people do. :( I hope she got adopted poor girl. Sometimes when I go to the FB rescue pages I see dozens and dozens of cats without eyes, or missing a leg, or super sick, or old, or perfectly healthy that need homes and it becomes just all so overwhelming.

So so cute all the kitties.

How did it go with the NYU endocrinologist?

Thank you for sharing more pictures of Zena she is such a cutie. I am so so happy she found a home. <3

pierre I've had farro before! I remember liking it, too. Olive Oil and vinegar or vinaigrette is the best salad dressing IMO. Yes, I would like to try it. Will you making it for us? :bigsmile: so we could share it around Austina's table? :bigsmile:

Risotto...yum. Hard to find a good risotto. But I'm with you if it tastes good, that's what counts.

I am better thank you for asking <3 seems to have gone away whatever it was.

sharon glad your mom is better and that you got to enjoy the way back without worrying about driving. It was very nice of you to spend the long weekend with her. (((hugs)))

Forgot to tell you, new battery is in YIPPEE! Installed it over the weekend. The one that was in there WAS indeed swollen. :cry: So total fire hazard that I didn't even know about as you couldn't tell it was swollen. I have to say though Dell got the battery out to me super quick so I'm happy. Now it's back to lasting about 5 5 1/2 hours woo hoo.

But now it seems my iPad is slow to charge LOL Oh well.

OK girls that's it for now! 8)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I think my bears were pretty traumatized but they calmed down when I found them. Poor things get terrorized by Marty, his sister and of course the killer rabbits. Marty said he is still wheezing. He also has no appetite. If it keeps interfering with his lifting is probably the only way he’ll go to the doctor. I hope the new medicine works out for you. Darn that your stove might need replaced. Your niece and Zena are adorable together. Happy Birthday to her; they do grow up fast.

PierreBear, glad you found a recipe you like in the instapot. I still can’t say I want to rush out and buy one. Marty will watch some girlie movies but some he’ll definitely get up and head to the man cave. He has a TV down there too so he can watch what he wants. I agree sometimes all of us just enjoy setting and watching TV no matter what it on. Thanks for the compliments on my jewelry; those 3 rings get the most air time of my RHR.

Junebug, thanks for the healing vibe for Marty. I hope he gets better soon or I will have to turn in to a nag to get him to a doctor. We were up to 8 degrees when I was driving home today. Lat night we got down to -14. I wore my serious winter coat today. I agree it would be nice if we lived closer so our DH could play golf and we could go shopping. It sounds like you have the perfect day planned.

Austina, your 3 stone ring was really pretty but I am sure you enjoy your pendant and earrings. I’ve only recently got a platinum ring and I’m hooked. Of course I don’t want to start over again in my right collection. WF GTG would be so fun. My bears are safe and sound today. Marty seems a little better today and I wondered the same thing about him working out last night. He started rough but got through everything last night. We probably ended up with about 3 inches of snow. The sun melted off the streets today anyway so that’s nice.

Sharon, that is excellent news your mom is doing so well. You and your sisters are taking good care of her; she should be back to taking care of herself soon. Glad you took the bus to your moms instead of driving on bad roads. I’ve been reading a locally written book about the highway west of here that is considered the worst stretch of interstate in the United States. It’s very dry reading going through a lot of the politics on where to put the first intercontinental interstate. That route was picked because it was the lowest and flattest spot to cross the Rockies but over course it’s plagued by wind and snow.

CJ, celebkitty is awesome. LOL to using LOL. And I don’t Care. Marty seems a little better but certainly not well. Marty’s man cave is pretty nice. One side has a kitchenette with a bar, refrigerator and microwave. Then he has a large poker table over which he has little spot lights making it the best diamond lights in the house. Past the poker table he has power recliners and a power reclining loveseat with a big flat screen TV, surround sound, Apple TV and PS4 (or 3 I’m not sure). He can escape down there for a long time. Yes, I am welcome down there but it’s too cold down there for me. I usually don’t stay down there long. It is stressful to entertain especially when it’s a lot of people. Good idea to keep it simple by going for easy prep food or ordering pizza. It’s about having fun not working in the kitchen. I don’t know if you can call me a practical joker but I do think I’m funny. I guess that matters. I did find the bears and my SIL will be hearing from me again about that trick. That’s nice you convinced your DH to cook on lower temperatures. I am glad you got that swollen battery replaced. Very scary. I am glad the new battery is working. Rats your iPad is acting up now.

It is still cold here but the sun came out so the roads are all dry. I spent my day in class at work; boring. Maybe I should take a bear with me tomorrow. Ha!

I won $5 on one of my lotto tickets. I am so excited. What should I spend it on?
Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love little Carrot the kitty. All these beautiful kitties needing homes. I hope they all find forever homes, the way your nieces’ lovebug baby did.

Marcy, please tell me Marty is getting better! Poor guy, he is really having a rough time.

Sharon, you are a good daughter, and it’s nice to hear your Mom is doing well.

I haven’t had time for PS as it was quite necessary to binge watch The Crown. :lol-2:
I’ve always had a soft spot for Prince Charles, even before I knew he was a Sensitive Person. I hope his young life was not as lonely as it was portrayed.
I am off to France on Tuesday to help my DD and F find a house, and to celebrate my DD’s birthday mid-March.
So I hope you don’t mind a well meaning, continuing lurker keeping track of
« As the NIRDIs Turn ». : )

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls!
Can't wait for the house to finish and tings to get back to normal. Including talking with you!
So many wonderful pictures! I just have to show you this one from last night from the house/building site.

lights3.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Sharon I am so glad your mom is doing well and you and your sisters are sweethearts taking such great care of her. And yay for delicious food from a loving cook. Food made with love tastes all that much better. Glad you took the bus and didn't have to drive especially in the snow and ice. Thank you for the wonderful update about your mom.

I wasn't impressed with the new endocrinologist and felt she was treating me purely by the numbers and not really listening to me or my symptoms and not thinking outside of the box or even just being thoughtful. Thanks for asking. I did take the Levothyroxine this AM on an empty stomach as she suggested and now an hour later I just took my Oracea with a banana to prevent another esophagitis. I don't love being on more meds but if it provides relief it is a small price to pay. Just not convinced this is what I need or best for me but one day at a time.

CJ Yay for the new battery working out and fixing the problem! Love it when things have a straightforward fix woohoo! Sorry the iPad is slow to charge and sometimes that happens to me if I have a lot of tabs open and apps running. Is your bluetooth on? Maybe shut it off and try charging without it on and see what happens.

I cannot bear to look at all the animals on FB etc who need homes as it breaks my heart as you know. So many. I love the special needs kitties and when I am visiting the animal rescue groups they have them there too and they are the sweetest. OMG those polydactyly kitties and the kitties with the cerebellar dysfunction (who have very poor balance) are precious. As long as they find loving homes they do great. Of course they are much more challenging to find loving homes for and thank goodness for amazing foster homes. Of course you know that since Mousey I guess is technically a special needs kitty though she is just a special kitty IMO.

Haha celebrikitty! Love that CJ. Great word. Hugs to your celebrikitty and to all your sweet babies.

Marcy oh no poor teddy bears. Hopefully they have calmed down and after a good night's sleep are feeling less traumatized from their ordeal with your SIL.:lol: Please hug them from their auntie missy and tell them when they visit me I will take them all around and pamper them. That should calm them down and make them feel better. :cheeky:

I am so sorry Marty is still fighting this illness and I strongly think he should see the doctor. To evaluate him for pneumonia etc so he can get the proper care and recover fully. He probably should not be working out hard right now.

Woohoo th winning $5 on lotto. My vote is put that $5 into more lottery tickets. We started watching a new (to us) HGTV house hunter show called Lottery dream house and it happens. People win millions and spend some of that on their dream house. So Marcy go for it and lots of NIRDI dust being sent your way.:appl: Drive safely in the treacherous weather and hope work goes well this week.

Jimmianne yes Carrot is a love. I am glad you are enjoying The Crown. We binge watched the first season but stopped in the middle of the second season. It didn't hold my attention as much as the first season. Maybe it is time to get back to it, thanks for the reminder.

Scandi what a beautiful scene. Snowy romantic cabin. LOVE. Thank you for sharing with us.:appl: How are things coming along?

I might be able to share pics later if Darren texts them to us. He took them yesterday before he left our beach house but never texted them to us. But it was a long day for him and he probably forgot so maybe today. If not Greg will be there Monday and can take pics then. Backsplash finished and handles on cabinets and most of the appliances are installed. Final electric and plumbing inspections scheduled for next Monday. Still lots to do but it is coming along.

Have a great day girls.:wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, if you get the pictures, please share!!! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, if you get the pictures, please share!!! :love:

Pics are here...Darren took them last night. My apologies for hogging the thread with my reno pics. Here they are and thanks for looking. :halo:

920AC543-945E-46A8-9D4A-300F5491735B.jpeg

170A0BEF-753C-40D1-AE6B-0360CD7384FB.jpeg

D393E30D-1147-4566-AFE4-416410BC4BDE.jpeg

9DB709B8-B92A-493E-8886-A16184CF841C.jpeg

26CDFE8E-4BDB-4099-B02B-2CA659CBE258.jpeg

8C991733-9421-43CE-974D-ABC47960849F.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results