shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, nice car! Having a new car is so much fun and I’m sure the kitties are very pleased that you and Greg bought them a new kitty carriage.
Even your old car will be happy for you. That Lexus is beautiful and very reliable “ride”. And I’ll bet it DOES have a lot of bells and whistles to learn.

Sharon, I’m with you. Too cold to do anything more than what is necessary out there.
I used to drive to Buffalo every Christmas, good lord, some scary trips ... all to get the disfunction junction LOL
Glad you made it through, mentally and physically!

Thank you, Austina. That movie is a gem. The couple in it have been together in real life since the 80’s and they have great chemistry. It’s a comedy and a bit odd in the best possible way.

I hope everyone is keeping warm and hugs to you all.

My DD comes back from several months in france tomorrow, so I’ll get an update on her adventures when I drive her home from the airport. Other than that, I’m pretty much hibernating in front of the tv after outdoor chores. I have a southern friend who often says at this time of year~
“Sugar, the sap is DOWN!”. (So don’t expect a lot from yourself).
But at least now the days will get longer.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Austina yay for only being a short distance away soon. The USA will be so happy to have you!

Aww for missing meeting up with the other pups but hopefully next time. Dottie will be very excited to play with them and here is wishing for a chance encounter with them soon.

Yes the new car is quiet and we are expecting snow today so we will see how it goes with the new car. Whose name is Loofy (too/two haha). We transferred Loofy's spirit to the new car so the new car is our dear sweet Loofy still. Haha I did mention we were crazy right? (Only slightly or maybe a bit more :lol:).

Kitchen reno almost ready to start. Still some last minute packing up of kitchen necessary before we leave and moving the fridge. Still haven't decided what we are doing with stuff but will use the weeding out opportunity when we are ready to put stuff in the new kitchen rather than get rid of it now. Not ready for more decisions just yet. So many already made and in the process of making others. Only so much room in my head for decisions lol.

Scandi hey there girl. How's the new house coming? I will be having some reno stories of my own. Not looking forward to it but looking forward to being done with it.:lol-2:
Aww, you are too kind and sweet but thank you.:kiss:

Sharon so glad you enjoyed Christmas at your mom's house and had a lovely visit. As for staying inside when it is so cold you are a smart girl. Skip the mall till it warms up. I have been reluctant to go outside unless necessary and today I will have to so we can go back to NYC. This weather is unrelenting here. Just brutal.

Jimmianne yay! So happy for you that your DD is coming to visit you today. You guys will have a wonderful time! How long is she staying?
Thank you for your good wishes.

Haha love that saying "Sugar, the sap is DOWN" and AMEN to that. It sure is.8-)
And yay for the days getting longer woohoo.:appl:

Leaving you with a pic just as Greg arrived home yesterday with the new Loofy.

loofytoo.jpg

Happy last weekend of 2017!
party2.gif

Big hearty warm hugs to all you lovely ladies.
1236095icwbwasd8f.gif
1237379fdqxrvb3f5.gif

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Have @ great time with DS @Jimmianne I know you will.

We stay in too because of the fireworks @Scandinavian Dottie is terrified of them, we usually take her upstairs and turn the TV on really loud.

Hope you’ve managed to get everything sorted today @missy before you have to head back to NY.

We haven’t really done much, I’ve tried on a few cruise clothes just to make sure I can still squeeze in to them :shock: :lol:

Hope all the NIRDIs are enjoying the weekend :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I'm dying to see your kitchen renovation !!! Btw, hope to visit you this spring if you are up for it :D
@Jimmianne My very best to your DD! @Austina Go for stretchy versions, only saviour after the holidays in my book, lol.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

June, we got the All Season / All Weather tires on our Macan and it is very sure footed. I bet your earrings are brining a smile to your face every time you look in the mirror. I have been enjoying my EC ring and earrings, Sounds like you found some nice things at the Outlet Mall.

Missy, I hope you are staying warm. I wonder how the NYE’s crowds will be with the frigid temperatures. Your new Loofy looks really nice. You’ll figure out all the new stuff in no time. Lexus definitely have a nice, luxurious ride. I really like Greg saying you’ll transfer Loofy’s spirit to the new car. It makes if yours that way. Ouch to $600 a month to park your car. That’s good you and your MIL have a peaceful coexistence now. Marty and my dad certainly didn’t bond for a long time; my mom always liked Marty though. I call my car the Blue Streak - especially if Marty is driving. I hope you have your kitchen all packed. Safe travels home. Sending warm thoughts to the ferals. I can tell how brutal cold it is by your pretty and icy pictures.

PierreBear, sorry to hear about the miscommunications with your friend. I agree sometimes it’s best to pick up the phone. I agree Cards Against Humanity is not for everyone. I haven’t played that other game yet; if our friends bring it over I’ll give you a review. I hope we can make it until 12 pm. Last night i was out by 11 pm. That will be fun to meet up with your friend from high school and try a new restaurant. The soup dinner sounds like a great idea.

Scandi, are all of your parties finished? Sorry the fireworks scare your fur babies so much.

Austina, turkey noodle soup sounds delicious. Cool that you found a reversible purse; that is pretty cool. Biting Len must be a fun game. We used to play hearts during lunch at work; we got rather rowdy but it made lunch entertaining. Funny you ran in to other “Dotties” on your walk.

Sharon, I’d say shopping for blouses in that kind of weather is better done online. Burr. Good deal you laughed a lot at Christmas; that makes good memories. Oh no to the treacherous drive and that your sister is overwhelmed.

Jimmianne, I bet Buffalo at Christmas time involved a lot of bad roads. I saw where Wyoming was ranked the worst place for winter driving. I can’t say I was shocked. Enjoy catching up with your DD.

I saw where Niagara Falls was froze because the wind chill was -67. Marty asked me to pick up some broth for him after work yesterday. It was 14 with wind chills about -10 and my fingers hurt by the time I got the groceries in the back of the car. I cranked on my heated seat and heated steering wheel. We ran to the store this afternoon and had the same problem. Then we forgot cream cheese so I ran back to the store and regretted it since the wind picked up. I think we are getting wind chills tomorrow in the -30’s.

Marty is better today. He ate his normal huge breakfast (6 eggs, 4 pieces of bacon and fried potatoes) but hasn’t eaten much since then. He was dressed to go to the gym but decided he might not be up for that just yet.

I worked on the January newsletter today for the astronomy club. I love the January issue; I can fill it with the biggest stories from 2017 and things to look forward to in 2018.

May your troubles last as long as most people’s New Years Resolutions!

We are watching Uncle Buck. One of the great classics.
Have a great weekend.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone on this last day of the year! The NIRDIs rock on, into 2018!!!

Austina, i missed something. Are you coming to the states?

Missy, wouldn’t this make a great tv series lol
It could be your show, set in your hometown there, with the rest of us coming there, one NIRDI per episode. I can see it all now.
Guest appearances by Adam and Yekutiel
:dance:

My DD is back. Yay! She is so fun and funny and gorgeous I missed her! so seeing her yesterday was a big treat.

It’s looking like a beautiful sunny day here. No plans for the evening, but many neighbors set off fireworks.
My excitement is to clean my house to perfection today and that’s IT.

Hi Marcy, you posted while I was writing. You have the best weather there! LOL
I’m hopeful Marty is bushy tailed in no time. Please tell him I find his normal breakfast quite impressive, like something Paul Bunyan would enjoy. Stay safe n warm and happy new year to you.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy New Year's Eve!

Marcy so glad Marty is better and his hearty appetite is back. I am sure he will be working out in no time. Yes we are staying warm thanks and safely back in Brooklyn with new Loofy. Who still has temporary plates and I am concerned the garage guys will misplace Loofy LOL. They aren't the sharpest and Greg has to fill out forms so with different car and different plates and different garage attendants how will they know it's our Loofy? Yes to all wheel drive. It's the only way to go.

Yay to working on the astronomy January newsletter and looking forward to seeing it Marcy. I love all you do with your astronomy interests. Hope your club appreciates you.

Windchills in the negative 30s OMG Brrrrrrrrrr. Stay warm and safe Marcy!
And I love your New Year's wishes for us. Same to you sweetie!

Austina hahaha glad you can squeeze into your cruise clothes. I hear you believe me. I have been indulging in foods I shouldn't be eating but heck. YOLO right? And anyway I think a few extra lbs are softening and youthful. That's my POV and I am sticking with it. As long as these extra lbs stick with me.:lol:

Hahaha Scandi you cannot scare me. Let me know the dates you plan on being here and I will put it on my calendar. If our kitchen reno is done by your visit we might just take a visit to the beach house so you can see it in person if you would like.:sun:

Jimmianne woohoo DD! So pleased for you both. How lovely she is visiting and I know you will all have the best time. Glad you are looking forward to just enjoying.
LOL no to the reality show. My life is boring and I love it that way. Yay boring and fingers crossed it remains this way!!! Peaceful quiet happy existence below the radar. Yes please.

Have a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve girls! XOXO.
And wishing you all a happy healthy and peaceful 2018!

226434-Animated-Happy-New-Year-Eve-Quote.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend just sent this to me and wanted to share it with you girls. Wishing you all the very best 2018. Love you.

68C177DB-C6F8-4320-A3AF-1A1B3192A385.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy New Year’s Eve!

Jimminanne, good idea to have Missy and Greg hosting a reality series and we can show up as guest stars. That’s awesome your DD is home for a few months. Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed her company yesterday. A perfectly clean house sounds like a fabulous way to start the new year. Our cleaning lady came Friday and it’s so nice to have clean floors again. I will tell Marty; too funny he eats a Paul Bunyan breakfast. With all his muscles he could chop down trees pretty easily too. Let’s not go down the lumberjack road though. Ha Ha. I am glad you are having a sunny day; at least one of us is seeing some sunshine. Last I looked it feels like -2 here.

Missy, glad to hear your new Loofy got you both home safe and sound. I hope the parking attendants don’t have problems locating your car. AWD is definitely the only way to go; it’s nice to have when you need it. I do enjoy astronomy. That’s cool about what 18 means. Nice sentiment. I’m with you to a peaceful and quiet life.

Not much going on here today. I got the club newsletter posted and am working on lunch right now.

Have a safe, warm and happy New Year’s Eve!

Marcy
k11224674.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Scandi. You are probably already in 2018. Happy New Year to you! :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY 2018 lovely NIRDIs!

It’s the start of a new year here already, and I want to wish each of you the very best of health, good fortune and lots of good times ahead.

Thank you for accepting me in to your circle :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Austina. Happy New Year as well.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could not start the new year without stopping here to wish you all a very happy New Year.

I feel so lucky to be part of this group.

Love you missy!
Love you NIRDIs!
Love you fur babies!

HAPPY, HEALTHY, LOVING, WISHES TO YOU ALL.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy New Year Nirdis!

Missy, congratulations on the new car, it’s beautiful! I really dislike the grill on the most recent models too. Your pics of the water are pretty but I hate this cold weather :(2 Sending you love and hugs, I know this is a tough time for you.

Your fireworks picture is so cool! And I love the quote your friend sent you, very beautiful and words to live by.

PB, sorry about the mix-up with your friend but don’t feel badly, it was just a miscommunication and it was nice of you to offer to pick her up. Your plans for this weekend sound like a lot of fun and I hope you have a great time with your friends. Good suggestion about looking online for the boots, I’ll do that!

Austina, so nice that there are spinone owners in your neighborhood and hopefully you’ll run into them again. Lol to trying on your cruise clothes! My pants are feeling very tight these days :???:

Sharon, yes, those temps would keep me from shopping too! Very glad to hear you had a great time at your mother’s. Oh no to treacherous roads and I’m happy you made it home safely.

Scandi, have a lovely New Year’s Eve in your cozy, comfy, and beautiful home! I hope your furbabies aren’t too scared of the fireworks.

Jimmianne, glad you had such a nice time catching up with your lovely dd! And good idea to stay in, just too cold to venture out unless absolutely necessary.

Marcy, I’m glad Marty is feeling better and it’s good he decided to skip his workout, the rest will do him good. Good for you for getting the newsletter posted, it does sound like a fun one to write. Be careful in those frigid temps and stay warm! And have fun with your friends tonight.

Dh and I got home from SC this afternoon and picked up a pizza on the way home from the airport. It’s going to be an early night here, dh is kind of wiped out and my stomach is bothering me a little. I didn’t think it was warm in SC until I got back to NJ! Now 45 seems downright balmy!

Thanks to all for the good wishes for the upcoming year - And Happy New Year to all of my wonderful nirdis, you are the best! Xox

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Juney! :kiss: That's what I'm planning to do with DH too! Pizza! (well he doesn't know it yet - I am going to order soon :bigsmile:) Hope you feel better. Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 2018 girls! Days getting longer and hopefully temps will rise and Spring will arrive early...haha getting my New Year's wishes off to a bright and early start. Mainly just wishing we all have a wonderful and healthy New Year filled with love and peace.

Junie thank you so much for the love and hugs and I am sending love and hugs your way too...welcome home and yes 45 degrees in SC was balmy compared to here. Hope you have acclimated and hope the warmth and love of your family kept you comfy cozy last night and continues to warm your heart today. We are in a cold pattern for a long while right now but hopefully once this cold spell is over some warmer air will stay. I hope your stomach is all better now and that your dh is feeling well also.

Marcy good for you getting your club newsletter out yesterday and I hope you enjoyed a lovely evening of playing board and card games with your friends. A perfect way to bring in the New Year. And all safe and warm from the comfort of your own home. That's doing it right and in style.

Hello Scandi hope you and your family had a good celebration albeit earlier than us and that everyone is well. Are all your renos finished? Any new projects on the horizon?

Austina happy New Year another early bird! Of course you are part of the NIRDIs...so happy you are here and big (((HUGS))). Hope you are enjoying a relaxing New Year's Day.

CJ awww sweetie. I love you too and wish I could give you and Mousey a big hug. IDK if you like hugs but I hope one from me when we meet is OK. And in any case virtual hugs are always good right? Hope you and your dh enjoyed pizza last night and are enjoying a wonderful day warm and cozy at home.

To all the NIRDIs who are just reading I want to say hello and wish you a happy New Year as well. Not going to write everyone's name because I will surely leave someone out so instead just wishing you all a collective good New Year.

Hope all the fur babies made it through the fireworks A OK last night. Wow we always have a spectacular fireworks show at Grand Army Plaza that we see from our windows and last night was no exception. We were sleeping but woke up when the fireworks started and then fell back to sleep. We got to enjoy it from the comfort of the bed but the kitties didn't like them and well I would be happy if fireworks were never set off again but that will never happen. Everyone seems recovered this morning though so that is good.

For those of you who might enjoy it here is a youtube video from last night of the New Year's Eve show our neighborhood does every year. My friend Maureen also took video which I have but for the sake of privacy I won't link hers here. This is the same thing basically though her video is shorter. Enjoy!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies!

Welcome to 2018:D

We stayed up till about 12.30 to make sure all the fireworks were over. Strangely enough, ever since Dottie was ill with her spleen problems, she seems less upset by fireworks.

@missy there is a place in Italy where they have spectacular firework displays, without all the noise. I do wish it was compulsory everywhere so people and pets could enjoy them. Thank you for the video, they look pretty.

Brrr to your cold weather, it’s actually warmed up here, so much so we had to turn the heating down. Keep warm and protect your extremities.

Hope you enjoyed your pizza last night @CJ2008 , we finished the last of our Christmas food, back to normal eating now :D

Believe me @Scandinavian Lycra is my best friend :lol: Whilst I like to look nice, I also need to be comfortable :cool2:

Hope you had fun playing cards last night @marcy did you stay up to welcome in the new year?

Sorry you arrived home feeling unwell @junebug17 hope you’ve woken up feeling better.

Hi @Jimmianne we travel to the States regularly to visit Adam, but the long term plan is to relocate when he becomes a citizen. So glad you’re having a great time with your DD, how could she not be a delight with you as her Mum. :mrgreen:

Out with the old, in with the new, lots to look forward to in 2018.

Big wave out to all the NIRDIs, let’s get on with living :dance:

:wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy I *love* hugs. Glad you got to enjoy the fireworks from your cozy bed. Fireworks are so hard on the kitties. I felt so glad Mousey didn't have to be outside dealing with them this year. My girl, who usually watches them without a problem, seemed to want to get away from them last night. Poor thing. My boy retreated to the couch and tried to sleep. And congrats on your new car missy it's beautiful.

Austina wish I could say I was done with the extra eating but this morning I bought a Panettone. :/ Ooops. :D I am definitely showing the extra fluff. I hate it, yet I keep eating extra.

hi Marcy :wavey:what are your plans for today?

Hi everyone else, sending you tons of hugs and a happy New Year's Day wish.

Happy 2018!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy New Year’s NIRIDs!

June, glad to hear you made it back home okay. I hope your stomach is feeling better today. Pizza sounds like a perfect supper after coming home from a long trip.

CJ, you and June are making me hungry for pizza. Glad your kitties survived the fireworks.

Missy, great fireworks picture. Now that is living watching fireworks from the comfort and warmth of your bed. I’ve tried that with meteor showers but it’s never worked.

Austina, that’s a good thing that Dottie doesn’t seem to be bothered by the sound of fireworks so much after her surgery. Poor thing on having her spleen removed.

We had a great time last night. Marty made a big tray up of deli meat and cheese. I put out a bag of chips and salsa and our friends brought over enough baked brie to feed 20 people. It was good though. They brought french bread, strawberries and pecans to go with it. The mini cheesecakes were a hit.

We played cribbage, Cards Against Humanity and Hearts. They went home a little before 2 am; I was really tired but I still cleaned up the kitchen. I hate getting up to a mess. We actually slept in until after 10; my friend send me a text saying thanks for last night and that woke us up.

Marty is at the gym right now. I had him bring up the Christmas decoration bins and have everything down and packed except the 20 or so ornaments that light up so are plugged in to the lights on the tree. I don’t want to mess anything so I’ll let Marty pull them off and take down the tree while I box up the rest of the ornaments. Next weekend should be near 50 on Saturday so hopefully Marty can take down the lights outside then.

I ran to the post office to mail my niece her birthday card and our annual HOA fees. I was happy to navigate the obstacle course at the drive through mailbox without hitting the curb. WOO HOO. See 2018 is starting out great already.

Have a great day.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy January 2nd. Days are getting longer and we are getting closer to Spring. Woohoo!

Austina that town in Italy where the fireworks are silent sounds marvelous and right up my (and the fur babies) alley. So relieved for you Dottie didn't seem bothered this year by the fireworks. Interesting and I wonder what if anything it has to do with her spleen issues. I am glad it warmed up by you. I am keeping warm... thanks for your concern.

CJ I am sorry your fur babies were disturbed by the fireworks. I really hate that our sweet babies have to deal with that several times a year. I am so not a fan of the fireworks and their loud noises. I love what Austina posted above about the town in Italy with silent fireworks. I could get behind that. Short of that I wonder if we can make kitty/doggy earplugs for them for when we know they will be subjected to loud noises. LOL I can just imagine trying to get earplugs into my kitties ears.

Marcy we have that game "cards against humanity" but I think we only tried playing once. I cannot remember what I thought of it but I think you need more than 2 people to play. Glad you enjoyed your NYE and NYD. Nice you are almost done with taking down decorations. But sad too how fast December goes. All the excitement and anticipation all over now. Wow you are so lucky it is going to be 50 by the weekend. Oh we are coming to you Marcy get ready and tell the killer bunnies and sweet Teddy bears we are bringing the kitties too LOL. I am sorry your friend woke you with her text and I am just happy that I wasn't the one who woke you this time. I am so not a fan of our time differences. :lol:

Woohoo to 2018 starting out right and no curbs being damaged.:lol:

Junie hope you and your dh are feeling all better and that your DD and DS and you all had a wonderful time together.

We had a lovely January first walk together through the neighborhood despite the frigid temps and I wore my warmest coat and mittens. After about 45 minutes we went back and I was frozen LOL. But still enjoyed our New Year's Day walk. Winter can be very pretty.

Today is the first day of our beach kitchen reno and I am a bit anxious. Plus I have this melancholy feeling about it being time for back to work etc for Greg. I was spoiled these past few months as he was here more than he wasn't and it was so nice having him with me most of the days. I am feeling sad and a little depressed he is going back to work and everything else and it is a very busy few months ahead so just looking forward to everything being completed hopefully without any major catastrophes.

Winter is a challenging season in general and the added stress of reno and extra teaching position makes it a little more challenging in addition to it just being cold and dark and well January. Plus I haven't talked about it but I am still dealing with quite a bit of discomfort re skin issues so I guess my mood may be affected by that as well. I am taking things one day at a time. As always.

Thank you to you guys for being here for me the way you always are and I appreciate each and everyone of you who has been here for me. (((HUGS))) to all of you lovely ladies and enjoy this first day back at work and life after the holidays.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Awww, I’m sorry you’re feeling blue @missy :( it’s only natural to be sad that you won’t be able to spend as much time with Greg now he’s back to work. It’s easy to get used to them being home and just being together. Just trust that the reno will go to plan, and IF there are any issues, nothing is insurmountable. Please don’t worry about anything that hasn’t happened yet. I wish there was something I could do or say that would help your skin issues, but please know I do understand what it’s like dealing them. Fortunately for me it’s a thing of the past, but at the time it was devastating and depressing.

Your NYE sounds like fun @marcy, and the sharing platters sound the perfect food for the evening. I took down our cards and decorations yesterday, I wanted to get the house tidied and back to normal for the new year. It’s 3 weeks today that the cruise starts, and I like to get really organised beforehand.

I hope you’re feeling much better @junebug17

Hi @CJ2008 Hope all is well with you and the pusskats

It was pitch black this morning, still felt like night at 11am, and now it’s getting dark again :roll

I’ve been busy making carrot & coriander soup and 6 individual cottage pies for the freezer.

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Happy New Year NIRDI Ladies! Hope everyone is going well. We had a great holiday and my pregnant friend and her husband did stay over at our place. Hosted a meal on one day and then took them out to eat another. Good blend of both worlds. We also did stop by the Soupextravagana, which surprisingly, everyone made different soups to bring. I felt a bit silly that I brought miso soup. It was unique I understand but not very much was consumed as I understand tofu and seaweed isn’t up everyone’s alley. In hindsight, I should have just made something that the majority might want to eat more instead of being worried about making the same thing as something else. No worries though, left overs for us on these cold days.

Well, it’s the start of the new year. It’s a time that I don’t really look forward to since it’s my busy season so apologies in advance that I won’t be popping in so often. I do think of ya’ll very often even though I don’t make a posting. Thanks for sharing your lives with me and allowing me to do the same. It has been fun jumping into this thread and making some friends. It was a good highlight of 2017 for me. Anyhow, I won’t get too sappy and just say that I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

@missy – Wonderful to share one car! When I was thinking TV show, I was picturing a glamorous female lead. Sex in the City type show where all the women dream of being missy. : )

Are you going to name the car Loofy again or does it warrant a new name? Such a beautiful car!

Good luck with the start of the beach kitchen renovations. Are you going to be on-site when it happens or just be available if they have questions or come across things?

I’m feeling the blues a bit too. I had “PTO Husband” for the past two weeks due to the husband. It’s a time where he has to put some time on the computer but most of the time, it’s how life should be where we focus on one another and are less stressed.

@Austina – Thanks for keeping me accountable on the ring! No, not quite. I’m debating between two French cuts on the cathedral arms or just one. There should be some CADs ready in the near future to compare. I’ll keep ya’ll posted and may solicit advice if it’s not a clear path to take.

Yum to your turkey noodle soup! Way to reuse leftovers into something delicious.

Oohhh what are "cottage" pies?! I'm not familiar with that term. I assume it's a savory pie that you eat as the main meal instead of a dessert? I guess you have little mini pie pans? How fun!

@canuk-gal – NEGATIVE 24?! I don’t think I would ever leave the house. How about online shopping and take advantage of free shipping and then just return it in the stores if it doesn’t work out? Stay warm over there!

@Scandinavian – Have you ever tried those dog blankets/sweaters that supposedly provide some comfort during scary times of thunder/fireworks? The extra pressure around their bodies is supposed to help but you are also talking to a cat mom so I’m not sure!

@Jimmianne – Had no idea your DD is also fond of France. How neat! Is she fluent or learning in progress similar to you?

@marcy – Hope you had fun putting together the January newsletter. What are the big things going on in 2018? Glad that Marty is doing well! What a hearty breakfast for Marty. Does he cook that up himself every morning or is it pre-cooked and you just reheat and go? I had a strange breakfast this morning since I had so much leftover soup. Miso soup in the morning actually wasn’t too bad. Warmed up my body and there was some protein from the tofu.

@junebug17 – Pizza on the way home from airport sounds like a fantastic idea. Did you have a slice on the drive home? When DH and I do roadtrips we occasionally order a pizza at the next upcoming city and to keep on moving, we eat right out of the box. Haha… took some coordination but it’s not as bad as the time we tried to eat lambchops on the car ride. That’s another story…

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Sticking my head in to say that I hope everyone had fantastic holidays spent in warmth with loved ones, and wishing all the lovely nirdi ladies nothing but the very best for 2018.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, hugs coming your way. Sorry you are having a tough time right now. Stay warm! The Bears are all excited for you, Greg and kitties to arrive. I would say cards against humanity would not be good for just 2 people. It works great for 6 - 8 people. I was kind of surprised it was so fun with 4 of us.

Austina, your cruise will be here before you know it. I saw a bad storm was headed your way.

PB, glad you had a nice time with your friend's visit. Sorry your PTO husband is back at work. Boo to your busy season starting. Glad you got to bring home your soup for leftovers. Marty generally cooks his own meals. He eats about 3000 calories a day right now but has been over 4000 depending on if he's cutting or building or whatever it is he does. His usual breakfast is 6 eggs and bacon or sausage. He has greek yogurt with fruit or a fresh fruit bowl. As Jimmianne said - he has Paul Bunyan meals. I can imagine eating lamb chops in the car was challenging.

Hi Jaaron. I hope 2018 is going well for you.

So 2 days of 2018 down and so far, so good. Not much exciting going on here. I worked today and didn't curse or want to smack anyone while I was there so I thought that was a good thing. I had an egg, cheese and Canadian bacon in an English muffin for supper. Mm breakfast hits the spot.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladybugs,

What is it with this moon?! It was like daylight when I went to bed and now daylight at 3am...and cold cold cold. The heat is turned up to 75 and it is 60 in the house. Definitely a three dog night.

Marcy I am glad you didn’t feel like hitting anyone yesterday. Lol
A NYT article this morning said that 2018 will be a very exciting year for astronomers.
So...not only happy New Year, but here is to an exciting 2018! Now to go back to read the article to discover WHY.

PierreB, love the idea of ordering a pizza in a town ahead. That’s brilliant.
I love France, my DD loves a French man. Different reasons for being in France! Her language skills are much better than mine. She converses, I speak cave man style, but mostly point, make wild hand gestures or draw pictures.

Austina you and I are doing the same thing but in different directions.
I keep saying when my DD is settled in I’ll move to France.
My best friend in France has a DD living in the states, so she will move here when the grandchildren are born, probably just about the time I move THERE. Life is a little more complicated with nomadic offspring, yes?

Sharon, i can’t believe I am complaining about the temperature here! When you are reporting in from the arctic circle.
Any relief in sight?

Missy, you are in my thoughts. I am headed for the dermatologist at 9am to see if I can get allergy testing. My eczema has flaired the most ever and I am hoping to pinpoint some potential triggers. Oh gosh, I hope chocolate is not a trigger :eek2: or kitties or dogs, hay or horses. Or...Puff? Now that would be bad. My house is like living in a dust storm.
I assume you’ve had testing??

See you all in the daylight. Austina I hope you get some soon!=)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Waiting for the Gym Source technicians this AM to evaluate my arc trainer which was making funny noises before our vacation. It's working but Greg thought we should be proactive since I use it every day. I hope nothing big is wrong with it. I am running late because I am still in my nightgown and they could arrive at any moment. Greg already left for work so I have to be ready. But I cannot get ready without saying a good morning to my girls!

Austina, PierreBear, Jaaron, Marcy hello! Happy midweek! Hope the week is going well.
Thanks for all your good wishes and hugs and right back at ya!

Austina I am feeling better today and will work it through. Lots of reno mishaps already lol first day in. :lol: Hey it's only money right?8-)
How are things by you? Weather still cooperating? Brutal here and continuing the trend. Snowstorm predicted tomorrow I believe.

What's a cottage pie? I like anything with the word pie in it.:cheeky:

PierreBear sounds like a marvelous vacation and so glad you enjoyed! And thank you for sharing your life with us too! I will definitely miss you since you will be so busy and not here as much but always so happy to hear from you offline too.
Haha a reality show with me as the star. I don't think so. BORING as boring could be. But thanks for the vote of confidence LOL You're a doll.:bigsmile: We need a show about you and your cooking adventures! That's a show. And a yummy one at that.:lickout:

Yes we named the new car Loofy (too/two) haha. How's that for imaginative? We decided on the name as Greg said the spirit of the original Loofy is in the new car. That was when I was crying about the old Loofy. I'm a sentimental fool I know but so is Greg haha.

Sorry your PTO dh is back at work. Yes reality can be a bear. Hahaha bear see below. Hey great minds I have no clue what a cottage pie is either and asked Austina above.

Marcy yummm to breakfast for dinner yes! And yay I am glad the bears are looking forward to our visit.:lol: We have a bitchy Bear here who is also looking forward to it...HRH Francesca the bitchy bear. :bigsmile: But she's so purrrrty we forgive her 8)
Hope your week is going smoothly!

Jimmianne hello! Awww I am so sorry you are experiencing an eczema flare. If you want let me know and I will email you all the lotions that help me with eczema. I found a few new good ones that helped my arms immensely. Now if I can just figure out what is going on with my left eyebrow! What are your a plans for later? How is your DD doing? When is your next trip to France? Have a great day and enjoy!

Good luck on your derm appointment. yes to all the above. Allergic to dust, cats, dogs, mold, dairy, chocolate, peanut butter you name it if it's good I'm allergic. LOL what can you do. I'm still here and making the best of it!

Hey there Jaaron! What's new? Please update us. Hope all is going smoothly.

Hi Sharon! Hope all is well and you are staying comfy cozy!

Have a great day girls and (((HUGS))).:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Quick hello and a report that it is freezing over here. Yesterday I was driving to the gym and the precipitation was causing my windshield to freeze. I know… har har… the Texan doesn’t know how to drive in this weather and it is the TRUTH! I was nervous but thankfully got home safely. My plants are still wrapped up with some old t-shirts and hopefully they are doing ok. I keep scaring myself that there is someone in our backyard but nope… just some cactus wearing colorful tshirts. Hahaha! Hope ya’ll are doing well and stay warm!

@jaaron – Hello and Happy NY to you as well!

@marcy – Good for Marty on cooking his own meals. I have a routine that I get up an hour earlier than before I have to leave. Gives me enough time to get dressed, make the bed, do some quick chores (unload dishwasher/put away dishes/fold some clothes), and SOMETIMES make a better breakfast than yogurt or oatmeal. I wouldn’t dare to cook anything more than eggs in the morning so kudos to Marty!

@Jimmianne – hahaha who doesn’t like a French man? How did they meet if you don’t mind me asking? What a neat story that you have so many connections there. My FIL did a foreign exchange program when he was in high school. He went to France and in return the other person went to Louisiana. Strange trade off but the language was generally the same in some parts of Louisiana. They keep in touch ‘til this day so we have some ties to Honfluer (hope I spelled that right).

@missy – Ohhh no that there are reno mishaps already. Stay strong and hopefully they will do the right thing. Hope the technicians can diagnose your arc trainer with ease.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls. Hi PierreBear :wavey: what’s on your agenda today? Please be careful driving in icy weather.
The Gym Source technician left and all is well in arc trainer land. Except that he told me Cybex is out of business so in the future I’m going to have to find a substitute. These machines don’t last forever. It’s always something lol. He was very nice and I’m not just saying that because he said I look no older than 32 when age came up hahaha. Ok I admit it. I’m easy to win over. :lol: We spoke some Russian too and he showed me his daughters cat and granddaughter and he’s a very nice man and mainly I’m relieved for now my machine is ok.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PierreB, DD and fiancé met when he was a student studying in the US. The whole thing was like a fairy tale...lots of serendipity.

Missy, I no idea they do allergy testing with DNA now! I was fully prepared to have little scratches all over my back.
(While I was there I picked up a brochure on DNA testing for colon cancer which is said to be extremely accurate. I had not heard of this before, only the occult blood test, so this was very good news for whimps).

Now to go buy additional insulation for the well house, which has a heater, but still freezes with the extreme temperatures. Would rather hibernate with a good book, but also would
« not mind » having water tomorrow morning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results