shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jimmianne and LLJsmom. It’s my favorite outdoor decoration.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all the NIRDIs (and nirdi lurkers). Here's a shot from the car on the way home from my mom's just now. Brrr

IMG_5904.JPG

ETA updated temp. Yikes.
IMG_5905.JPG

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas Ringo. That temperature looks like what it’s like here. Stay warm.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

More hugs and love to you CJ and to Mousey and all your loved ones. Hope you are enjoying a lovely week!

Marcy thank you for reading the new poem and the old one and for enjoying them...I just LOVE your decorations. So sweet! Glad you had a great time Christmas Eve and wow you still had a lot of guests to cook for and entertain. I know they didn't leave hungry haha. Hope the cleanup went smoothly and that you continue to recuperate and enjoy your vacation. Hope your aches and pains are minimal and that all is well. Hugs.

Junie hugs to you too. Hope the family is well and everyone is enjoying this time together.

Ringo865 wow it is cold by you and we are only a few degrees behind you...coldest week here yet. I hear it is cold all over though and our dear Callie is freezing where she is too. Stay warm and cozy ringo and hugs.

Hi there LLJsmom. I know it isn't too cold by you and hope you and the kids are enjoying vacation time. Hugs.

Hey Jimmianne more hugs to you too.

Life is an adventure and work in progress. Loofy started sounding funny yesterday and we had to change our plans and Greg is at the garage right now. Hopefully it is a fixable problem though I know it is time for a new car we are not quite ready yet...but we need a car ASAP so fingers crossed it can be fixed and stay fixed this time. 4th time in a few months we had to bring Loofy in for eval and repairs. Please let this work!

That's my exciting update and I hope all of you are enjoying a lovely week. Hugs to you all and happy last week of 2017!
martini.gif

sparkle.gif

slider_grouphugg.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Anyone post Christmas sale shopping?

Missy, oh no to Loofy needing attention again. I hope it's minor and then done with. My plan for less dishes worked great so I wasn't nearly as shot as last year. My house looks like I had 20 people in here; the floor is messy and I keep picking up things I find. I swept some and used my hand vac. My cleaning lady will know we had company.

We are heading out to see the new Star Wars. Our theater had a remodel adding power recliners and you can do reserve seating. I checked last night and only about 20 seats were sold so I didn't do anything. Marty had me check a while ago and the seats were over 1/2 gone so I bought the 2 seats on the end of row 4. Since we haven't been there since the remodel who knows what that means? I was resisting buying them that way since it cost $3 extra. I'm cheap.

My laundry is down to 1 batch drying and 1 still washing. Woo hoo.

Tomorrow is the dreaded going back to work day. Phooey.

Have a great day.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, love the feeder Greg made, looks amazing! Sounds like the ferals are warming up to it, yay. Sorry Loofy is under the weather again, hopefully she’ll be back on the road soon. I really enjoyed both your poems. Thank you for the beautiful sentiments in the first one, I feel the same way about you! The kitties with the Santa hats are adorable :love: Beautiful pics of the sky and sea.

Marcy, sounds like a good time was had by all! It’s great you didn’t have as many dishes this year - if we do Christmas dinner next year for dh’s family I’m going to cut down on dishes too. I had a lot of dishes this year, and it was just the four of us. I ate way too much sugar yesterday too, I have a sugar hangover today. Love everything you got for Christmas! Your Snoopy bracelet is so cute. I love your Snoopy village, adorable! And the Snoopy mailbox is so perfect. Going to the movies sounds like fun and I hope you and Marty enjoyed it. Boo to going back to work, but at least you have a short work week, and a 3 day weekend to look forward to.

CJ, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your sweet dh and your precious kitties!

Austina, how nice you and a friend reconnected! Getting together with her in 2018 sounds great. Hope you and Colin had a lovely Christmas.

Scandi, your house looks so beautiful. I’m really happy it was ready for Christmas. Your furbabies are so sweet. How was your party?

LLJsmom, I hope you and your family had a very enjoyable Christmas.

Jimmianne, I’ll bet your gorgeous new asscher made the holidays especially bright!:dance:

Dh and I are in SC, we decided to do a quick getaway, we’re staying until Sunday. It’s pretty brisk down here! It’s going to be in the 40’s except for Saturday, supposed to get to 55. Dh is going to brave the chilly weather and play golf tomorrow.

Had a great Christmas with the family, I got some really cute tops from my kids and dh that I geniunely like lol - I know, I’m terrible, but sometimes buying clothes for someone else just doesn’t always go well ha! I had decided to put my earrings away until Christmas so I’m enjoying wearing them now.

I hope all the nirdis had a very Merry Christmas! Have a good Wednesday everyone xox

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Gang: 70 degrees today :sun:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll check back in on temps with you all in AUGUST

(My emojis disappeared!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy strangely enough I have done no shopping at all and have no desire to do any shopping. In years past I would have been longing for getting sweet deals but I am satiated with things. Of course if a big ole beautiful diamond came my way that was drop dead gorgeous and within my budget I wouldn't say no.:lol:

How was Star Wars? I'm with you in not wanting to pay even a few extra dollars at the movies...it's been a while since we went (well over 5 years I think) and the prices were already going crazy at that time. I think in NYC we were already paying $15 for a movie seat. Nutz. But yes I would pay for the convenience of getting the seats I wanted. Hope the seats worked out because not knowing the layout can make that challenging. But now you know for next time and hope you enjoyed the movie.

Hope your cleaning lady makes your house all perfectly clean and neat again and doesn't quit like our cleaning lady did about 15 years ago after we had Greg's family stay over. LOL true story. Our Brooklyn cleaning lady is coming in a few days and we won't be there and I always worry she will mess something up when we aren't there right after she leaves.

Junie so glad you are enjoying SC and sounds like lovely temps to me. It's in the 20s here and ice has formed on the beach. I will take a photo after if I remember. Really crisp sharp delineated skyline and the scene is beautiful but I worry about the ferals of course. It is too cold for them. And the below freezing temps are going to last all week.

Yay to wearing your gorgeous new earrings and to your kids getting you just the right clothing. Nicely done Junie's kids! Enjoy the rest of your week there!

Kristie haha enjoy your balmy 70s now while you can...:twisted: And don't forget your sunscreen!:cool2:
I know we are unseasonably cold for December and I think this will be a cold winter. Do you know what your forecast for the winter is? Milder or cooler than normal? What do you normally run temp wise in the winter?

Have a good day girls. We are off to see Greg's mom at her new independent living place today and take her out to eat. It sounds really nice there. They have 2 Olympic size pools on premises. They enjoy weekly trips to stores like Trader Joes and other stores (Wednesday mornings they all go to Trader Joes) and well it is a nice set up and she has a large apartment there. So looking forward to checking it out.

And so far Loofy is working well fingers crossed. Something about a loose coil or defective coil that was replaced. And this only cost us a few hundred. LOL. But yesterday Loofy made it back and forth to Brooklyn so hopefully he has some life left in him and I am hoping that he can make it through the winter....:pray:

Have a great day girls.:wavey:

Just took a Photo for you girls...it hasn't even snowed...that is just ice from the cold forming at the shore. Brrrrrrr.
See how pretty the sky is though? I might not love the cold but the beauty of winter is breathtaking. Mother nature knew what she was doing with the 4 seasons IMO. Have a wonderful day girls!

iceonbeachdecember2017.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We woke up to snow, but it didn’t last, just turned to drizzly rain:???:

Whoa, that’s COLD @Ringo and @marcy. Glad your get together went well @marcy, sounds like everyone enjoyed it. Boo to having to go to work today :( I hope the cleaning lady does a good job. Did you enjoy the film, I must admit, I never got in to Star Wars, I preferred Star Trek.?

Yay @azstonie 70 degrees sounds perfect, can’t wait till we get away for some sun.

So glad you had a good day @junebug17 and got some nice gifts too. Enjoy your beautiful earrings, and your time in SC.

Hope you had a good day too @Jimmianne Do the animals get a Christmas dinner too:D? Dottie’s had some turkey, not too much, don’t want an upset tum.

Hi @CJ2008 hope you and the pusskats had a good Christmas.

Glad to hear Loofy is fully functioning @missy, and I hope your MIL enjoys your visit today. It must be a relief that she’s somewhere so nice and has people around her. When does the kitchen reno start?

I don’t want to be a moaner, but it’s been an anti climax being on our own this year. Just as well Adam & Kim didn’t come, Kim had flu last week, and Adam was really unwell Christmas Day. He rang and had been asleep all day, poor thing.

Oh well, we’re fortunate we have each other, and our little girl, and are very happy in each other’s company:D

Soon be 2018 which brings us another year nearer to our move.

:wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys! :wavey:

Merry Christmas! (((hugs)))

Missy, thank you so much for posting all those links. So what I notice is that I like the fast moving dramatic dancing the most like the Agon and the Duo Concertant and the Three Movements. So are these PART of the ballet you're going to see or are all these different shows?

And this is a silly question, but when you go, do you find that that there are pieces that you like more than others?

(such silly questions LOL)

Hope you have a nice visit with Greg's mom (go Loofy go! :D)

Hi Juney glad you got some nice tops :))

Hi Marcy how was Star Wars? I wanted to do a movie Christmas Day but DH worked until late and we would have had to rush to the theater. I had chosen to go see Thor not that I *really* want to see that but the last one wasn't too bad and it was at the right time.

Hi Austina glad you enjoyed the day with DH and Dottie (that *is* your little girl, right?)

Hi Kristie :wavey: how are you doing? Is Flynn all better?

Hi PB :wavey:

Hi Rainwood :wavey:

Hi Scandi :wavey:

Hi Jimmianne :wavey:

Hi all, if I missed you, this is for you :wavey:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone!

P

PierreBear

Hi NIRDI ladies! Belated Merry Christmas to everyone and hope there was wonderful family time, conversations and food. It feels like ages ago and I had to re-read my last post to see what happened last week. Clearly, I don't sleep well when I'm not in my own bed. hahaa... so that surprise birthday party was interesting. This doesn't sound believable but the gf ordered the bf a "surprised gorilla stripper." Huhh... what?! I heard a knock at the door and since I was closest, I opened it up. Someone was dressed up in a full costume, head to toe. Planet of the apes style. Walked in holding a boom box with some birthday balloons. Then the gorilla did a little sexy dance and took off the outer clothes and the finale was the gorilla wearing tassels on her female ape boobs/pecs?! hahaha... wow... never been to a party like that but it was pretty hilarious.
Ok, how to even recover from that story other to say that may 2018, we all dream big and try our best because clearly anything can happen. Signing off as I'm trying to get caught back up on everything! Hope everyone stays warm and safe!

@Austina – How very neat that you got a surprise email from a friend and to receive such good news. Does she live near by? Congratulations to her!

@junebug17 – Thank you for the holiday wishes and apologies that mine are so bleated. Hope you had a wonderful time with family and friends as well!

So fun that the kids picked out cute tops for you and know your style! I bet anything that you wear with the diamond studs look great too!

@CJ2008 – Oh yes, black and white cookies are a thing though it is rare to come across it in a store. I remember we got one in NY back in the day. Not sure what buba rhum is but it sounds like there might be alcohol involved so it must be good. Hahaha just kidding.

@marcy – I’ll have to put Dunkirk on the list of things to watch! However, I think I might be the type of gal who enjoys a lighter movie like Despicable Me 3. : )

Awww lovely snoopy décor. My goodness… I’m not used to seeing all that snow! Love the mailbox!

@missy – So sweet of Greg to think of the kitties. So very crafty of him as well that he designed it in a way where there is always a flow of food. Definitely something I thought that was purchased and not made!!

@Scandinavian – Adorable pups and beautiful décor!

@LLJsmom – Merry Christmas! Hope you are well. I’m the same as Marcy except I need even more help and do it with word doc on one screen and PS on the other.

@azstonie – Wow, enjoy that 70 degrees! My type of weather!

@ringo865 – Merry Christmas and oh myyyy so cold! I like how you have the heater only pointed at the feet. I love to do that as well! : )

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, good plan to put up your earrings to get for Christmas. It’s like getting new earrings twice. That’s great you got some tops you like for Christmas. It is hard to pick out clothes for other people. We definitely shouldn’t spend our holidays in the kitchen, right? Thank you for the kind words about my Snoopy treasures; I feel like I made out well this year. Nice that you are taking a quick holiday this weekend. Marty will be jealous to hear your DH got in some golf.

Kristie, enjoy that nice, warm weather for me. We had high winds, blowing and drifting snow here but at least the sun was out.

Missy, naturally if the right diamond came along; you’d certainly give in to temptation and buy it. It goes without saying. The movie was good; we both liked it. Our seats were good; next time I’ll order early so we are more towards the center. I actually liked the row I picked but next time I’ll buy earlier and get seats more towards the center. With the fee our matinee tickets cost us $23 and our treats were about $18. Oh no to your cleaning lady quitting after Greg’s family came one time. I understand your reservations about the cleaning lady coming to your home in Brooklyn when you aren’t there. I hope she has no calamities while you are gone. I hope you had a nice time with Greg’s mom. The independent living place she’s at sounds nice. Yay that Loofy had only a minor repair and is running fine. Go Loofy! Very pretty ocean and sky shot; I can feel the chill off the brisk weather.

Austina, glad your snow ended quickly. I wish I could say that. The movie was good. I like both Star Wars and Star Trek. Sorry you were a little down about not having Adam and Kim there for Christmas. I hope Adam is doing better; what a day to be sick.

CJ, I thought Star Wars was good. I’d read some spoilers who complained about some things in the movie; but I go for entertainment so wasn’t disappointed. It was kind of surreal seeing Carrie Fisher’s last movie. Darn that you didn’t find time to go to the movie on Christmas. Maybe try for a New Year’s outing?

PierreBear, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Pretty funny about the stripper; that’s one of those things you definitely don’t see every day. Dunkirk is not a happy, feel good movie so watch Despicable Me 3 afterwards. I watched Me Before You tonight; that was a sad story.

Work was a much fun today as I expected - NONE. It seemed like a very long day. The roads are drifting from blowing snow; I laughed though - Germans know how to build cars that drive in the snow. At least I only have 2 more days of work this week. Yippee!

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy How was Gregs mom and how is Loofy today? Hope the drive went well!
@Jimmianne How is Mildred settling in?
Not much but tons happening here. Typical family Christmas with too many dinners and too much food LOL. Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's a cold cold morning here and this subfreezing weather is predicted to last through next week at least. Poor kitties! I am so worried for them and there is absolutely nothing we can do besides making sure their shelters are warm and have enough straw and there is enough food for them. :cry2:

iceonbeachdec2017.jpg

decemberonbeach2017.jpg

beachicedec2017.jpg

Austina I am so sorry Adam and Kim didn't get to come this year. This time of year is challenging. Weather and viruses last longer and just easier to get sick with the dry air and everyone staying indoors. Hope Adam is all better now. Soon you will be closer in distance to them and sending you hugs. Thanks for the well wishes and my MIL is living in a wonderful place. Details above.

CJ not silly questions at all. Yes I prefer certain movements to others and the ballet we are seeing in February has 4 movements and I think I linked them all in my above post to you.

Throughout his prolific career, Balanchine’s affinity for Stravinsky’s compositions remained constant, making him one of the choreographer’s favorite collaborators. This program opens with an abstraction of a Russian fairytale set to sprightly harmonies, followed by three stunning Black & White ballets known for their striking power.

https://www.nycballet.com/Season-Ti...4,-2018-at-2-00-PM-Stravinsky-Balanchine.aspx

PierreBear so happy you and your dh had a wonderful time and that surprise party sounds like a hoot. LOL. Welcome back home. I also sleep best in my own bed and hope you are catching up on all the sleep you might have missed with sweet dreams.

Marcy sorry work is such a drag but woohoo only 2 days left till the weekend for you. Glad you enjoyed the new movie and liked the seats too. Sweet. The price of the tickets sound quite reasonable and I can assure you it costs way more here. Pretty much everything does...remind me why I want to live here again lol. Thanks for the loofy well wishes. Fingers crossed he can make it in this frigid weather. Might go car shopping today but might not. It is sooooo cold here and I just don't do well in this weather. Even with keeping the indoor temps to 79 (yes that's right 79) my fingers and toes are still frozen. MY body is weird. What can I say. Grrrrrr and Brrrrrr.

Scandi we had a lovely visit yesterday and I am super impressed with my MIL's new home. It is about 1100 sq feet and very lovely! She has 2 bathrooms and a master bedroom (en suite bathroom) and an office and well it is really a great set up. 2 olympic size pools a gym and a cafe and formal dining room to boot. I wouldnt mind living there when we need to lol.

Glad you are enjoying the holidays and I think most of us are indulging a bit too much...myself included!

Have a lovely day girls!:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Yesterday was a long day of driving into town, going to work to play catch up, meeting with our financial advisor, grabbing groceries, and then stopping by the neighbors for their Christmas get together. We have been meaning to get together with these specific neighbors since they moved into the neighborhood 2 doors down from us. We would invite and they would do the same but the schedules never worked out yet.

Other than that I’m doing my best to get back into the routine of things and recover from Christmas travels and prepare the house for hosting this weekend. Poor DH is sick with a light cold so hopefully he will get better soon.

Just a quick one today and hello to the other NIRDI ladies!

@marcy – Sorry you didn’t have a fun work day but glad that there is a count down for a long weekend. Any fun plans for the New Years? Safe travels commuting in the snow!

@missy – Thanks for the kind message. Sounds like you are away from home at the MILs place. I think I would be in her gym/pool area most of the time. Why are there two pools? Is one indoors and one is outdoors? I’m assuming it’s a 50 yard pool for one lap? She must be an ultra swimmer! Hope ya’ll have a wonderful time together. I bet you are the perfect daughter in law! I know I would be proud!

I hope your toe is feeling better amongst the other physical challenges of the year.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The party and gorillagram sounds hilarious @PierreBear :lol: I hope DH’s cold doesn’t develop into anything more.

Thank you @missy, I’ve just been wallowing, I need to snap out of it and count my blessings. MIL’s place sounds lovely, I’m not surprised you’d like it there too, sounds more like a luxury resort than a care facility :D Keep your extremities nice and warm, we don’t want your chilblains acting up.

I think we’ve reached saturation point with the food too @Scandinavian :???: I’ll be glad to get back to normal eating.

I hope today wasn’t too much of a drag @marcy , nearly the w/e. Keep warm & safe out there.

Hi @CJ2008 yes Dottie is our “little” girl, although she’s a rather chunky 40kgs + :lol: Hope all is well with you.

Thanks all for your concern, Adam is a lot better today, he’s strong and fit, so has recovered quickly.

There was a very heavy frost this morning, and the temp was down to 3 degs, so we wrapped up warm to take Dottie out.

We went shopping this afternoon and got lots of Christmas decorations for 70% off so we’re all stocked up for next year :lol:

:wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Scandi, we are doing well!

How is your house??

Kind if in the ozone these days and hibernating. Too cold!

Watching « Lost in Paris » tonight. Absolutely delightly and inspired.
I’m a great fan of Jaques Tati movies and love this moderne take.
Verry much recommended!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, sounds like you are having a fun and busy holiday.

Missy, beautiful pictures; love the sky color. You and Greg have provided great shelter and food for the ferals; so that will certainly help them survive the cold weather. Ooh car shopping; that’s always fun. I definitely would enjoy visiting you guys if you keep your place at 79. Perfect for me. Sorry your fingers and toes are so cold; stay warm my friend. How are your toes doing? Your MIL’s place sounds very nice.

PierreBear, you’ve had a few busy days. That’s nice to catch up with new neighbors. I hope your DH is feeling better. Marty is down and out today too. He feels pretty bad and says he can’t keep food down. What are you doing for New Years? Sounds like you have company coming. We are having friends over on New Year’s Eve to play games. My SIL may come back too. We are going to play Cards Against Humanity and a new game Never Have I Ever. They can be crass or gross so not for the easily offended.

Austina, sorry you are having a rough time; I think holidays can really bring out sadness and depression. This is the best I’ve done since my parents died but I really forced myself to appear to be of good cheer. I think my very abnormal lack of planning and being organized this year was my subliminal rebellion against acting normal when I’d rather be feeling sorry for myself. Glad to hear Adam is doing better. That is cold there. We were in the 30’s but the wind chill took care of it feeling anywhere near being warm. Yay for 70% off Christmas decorations.

Jimmianne, I am glad you enjoyed a great movie. I dug out my EC ring and earrings because I keep thinking about your gorgeous Mildred.

Lots of snow drifts on the road with our snow and wind. My Macan laughs at the snow which is good since I can’t see the drifts too well.

One more day before a long weekend. I met a friend for lunch today so at least that broke up my day.

Have a fabulous evening.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi nirdis!

Missy, Greg’s mother’s place sounds great and I’m glad things are working out well for her. Beautiful pics of the winter sky and the water. Good news about Loofy, hopefully he’ll hang in there for a while. Sorry you’re suffering from this cold weather and having so much trouble keeping warm. Keeping the ferals in my thoughts, you and Greg are making a difference in their lives for sure. Sending hugs and love to you.

Ringo, omigosh now that is cold! Stay safe and keep as warm as possible!

Kristie, 70 degrees sounds fabulous!

Austina, sorry you are feeling a little down - it’s understandable; the holidays can be tough when you’re missing a loved one. The day is coming when you will be much closer to your son, hang in there. Sending hugs and good thoughts, and I hope you’re feeling better soon. Nice job finding such great deals on Christmas decorations!

PB, omigosh, the gorilla stripper is hilarious! Hope you are getting back to your routine after the excitement of the holidays. Good luck getting ready for your party. Sorry dh is under the weather and I hope he’s better soon.

Marcy, yay to only one more day of work, and a 3 day weekend! Your NYE plans sound like fun. I’m very happy to hear that a Macan handles well in the snow! That’s very good news for me, :P2 Take care and stay as warm as possible. So sorry to hear Marty is sick, poor guy sounds like he’s having a rough time of it and I hope he’s over it soon. Glad you are wearing your beautiful EC jewelry, your ring and earrings are gorgeous. I’m sorry the holidays were hard for you, they are never quite the same after such a big loss. (((Hugs)))

Scandi, sounds like you’re having a fun and busy holiday - and yes, I agree, too much food at this time of year lol! I really do have to stop using the holidays as an excuse to eat whatever I want :???:

Jimmianne, I looked up that movie and it sounds really good! I will have to watch it.

Having a nice time here in SC - dh and I went to an outlet mall today. Lots of great stores and good prices. I bought a Coach purse for an amazing price, I would have bought it even if I didn’t need a new pocketbook ha! Saw a really nice pair of boots too but they didn’t have my size darn it.

Have a great Friday everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday girls! The cold freeze continues. This cold is unbelievable. All living beings that live outside just cannot survive. I am so so so sad.

Junie yay for outlet shopping and getting a new pocketbook but darn on the store not having your boot size in stock. So happy you are enjoying your getaway at your beach house and enjoy your warmer weather and yes it is warm and toasty compared to here. Wish we could join you and do some retail damage lol. Though we have managed to do some retail damage on our own here and purchased a car yesterday. So funny we got cars around the same time isnt it? Ours was not planned but more a matter of necessity. Loofy is on borrowed time right now no doubt in our minds and it makes the decision easier. Picking up the new car later. Sigh. Yesterday afternoon after we agreed to purchase the car we started feeling badly about getting rid of Loofy but Greg said we are transferring Loofy's spirit to the new car and will probably call it Loofy too. LOL. We are crazy right? Don't answer that please.:lol:
Thanks for your kind words about the kitties. I am terribly sad about their situation.

PierreBear I am happy and relieved my MIL is in such a lovely place and is happy and content there. Thank goodness. She is about an hour away from our beach house so not a bad trip at all.Yes she is a strong swimmer and used to swim three times a week at her local YWCA but now she swims twice a week at her new complex. All without going outside. Sweet. We visited her for the afternoon. She loves me (at least she is fond of me I hope) now but at first I wasn't her cup of tea. And truth be told I still am not as she doesn't get me and I don't get her but we peacefully coexist now after a bumpy start in the 90s. Thank goodness Greg gets me and gets my sense of humor. I was on a roll when we met my MIL Wednesday and cracking myself (and Greg) up but my MIL was just smiling. She doesn't find my sense of humor hysterical like Greg does and that is A OK with me. But OMG I am so not who she pictured for her darling son if you kwim. An edgy neurotic Jewish NYC girl. And that's the truth.

Hope work is going smoothly and you are enjoying being back.

Austina I agree. It is more like a luxury resort and I am relieved she is in such a wonderful place and is happy there. Good for you for stocking up on decorations for next year. It is actually warmer by you than here I think. It is brutally cold outside. No way the ferries can be running here. And the temps are already a week in and lasting at least another week or more. Not fit for living beings. And it is OK to feel sad and I am sorry you didn't get to spend the holidays with your ds (so glad Adam is feeling much better!) and whole family but I am so glad you are going to be with them soon and moving here soon. Yanno somehow we will figure out a way for you to get to NYC...just saying.:halo: Big (((Hugs))).

Marcy woohoo only one more day left and then its another long weekend for you.:dance: Your NYE plans sound like fun. I love playing games. And all from the comfort of your home. Hope Marty feels all better. Yes come here I am keeping it at 79 downstairs and to sleep b/w 68-70 depending on how I am feeling when I go to bed.

Thanks for your kind words about the kitties. Rationally I know we have done all we can but it doesn't make me feel less bad. I feel sick about the cats. They are all going to be killed by this prolonged cold blast. No way to survive it and if I could bring them in I would. They scatter so fast and with the cold temps I don't even see much of them atm. Their poor little bodies cannot take this weather.

I am glad your Macan is up for the snow and cold. Did you name your Macan I forget.

Jimmianne
hey girl. Glad you are enjoying.

OK a few pics of our new car coming today hopefully. It is a light gray/silver 2015 CPO Lexus with light gray interior. Very pretty and sleek without the awful new grill on the 2016 and 2017 and 2018 models. That was a requirement for me. No awful ugly huge grill. 2015 is perfect. We test drove it and of course no clue how to work it as it is all different than our Loofy who is from 1999. So we have a steep learning curve with this new car.

gregandnewcardecember2017.jpg

graylexus.jpg

graylexus.jpeg

We have to start packing up the kitchen then pick the new car up this afternoon and we have lots to do before we were planning to leave tomorrow so not sure how this is all going to go down. Kitchen reno starts January 2nd and we haven't started packing up the kitchen and we want to leave the 30th so we will see what we actually end up doing. And I have to fit Costco somehow into this schedule. LOL. Also talking with a friend's son later this morning about his career options since she asked me to so not sure how long that conversation will be but fingers crossed the next few days go smoothly.

Also I know I have asked many times and I hope I am not using up all the goodwill from you lovely ladies but please keep the feral cats in your thoughts and prayers. I am praying they can survive this long stretch of cold weather though I know realistically they cannot. Praying for a miracle somehow.
Hugs to all of you and enjoy this last Friday in 2017.:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Good morning! I have to tell ya’ll that I felt like such a jerk yesterday. Jerk with a capital J. I heard my friend was traveling and offered to pick her up from the airport. I asked for her to text me once she landed. DH used to travel weekly so we had it down to a science on the amount of time it takes to get there and pick someone up. For some reason (maybe because I have an android and she had an iphone or carrier issues or busy signals at the airport), I did not get her text message!!! She was waiting outside for an hour. I even texted her to remind her which car I was going to show up in. She got my message but I never saw hers. Ughhh…. I finally thought 1 hour delay seems unusual when we don’t have any wintery weather. Turns out she was waiting outside and because she got my message just assumed I was fighting traffic. I felt TERRIBLE she was outside. She didn’t express she was upset but I know it is frustrating to wait and wait. She also had work the next day so all she must have wanted to do was go home. Morale of the story for me is that a phone call is the thing to do for important events.

OK maybe I got that out of the way so I could start off 2018 strong. I work up this morning still feeling bad about it…. Hope ya’ll have a great rest of the year!

@Austina – Way to go on getting those Christmas decorations at such a steal of a deal! I’ve been meaning to pick up a wreath but it hasn’t happened yet. Maybe this weekend.

So glad to hear that Adam is feeling better and the unstoppable Dottie is still getting her outdoor time!

@marcy – Your NY plans sound fun. I’ve played Cards Against Humanity. I actually think it’s pretty hilarious but can understand that it’s not everyone’s cup of team. The game Never Have I Ever, is that a board game? I feel like I’ve played it before but it was just a verbal game like “two truths and one lie.” Sounds like fun and I guess ya’ll are staying up all night long as well?

I have a highschool friend who is pregnant with her baby coming over this weekend with her husband. I’m a bit concerned since DH is sick but her husband is a physician and if they want to still come over, we will do our best to be hospitable and interactive. Prior to her asking to stay over, we had already booked (paid for in advanced also) a pre-fixe dinner meal at a restaurant dinner we haven’t been to before. Excited about it and so far DH hasn’t had issues tasting. Timing should work out well that we do our NY eve dinner date night and my highschool friend will meet up with someone else during that time.

We also have a set of friends who host an annual “soupextravaganza” to kick off the new year. Of course there will be the usual black eye pea soup and other things but the idea is BYOB - bring your own bowl and soup if you want. If we aren’t too tired out from hosting, we will stop by. I’ll probably bring a miso based soup due to my background and most people wouldn’t think to bring it.

@junebug17 – Congrats on the new coach purse but shucks on the boots. Maybe I shouldn’t give you the idea but what about ordering it online?

P

PierreBear

@missy – oh we were posting at the same time. You describe yourself as an edgy neurotic Jewish NYC girl. Sounds like you should have your own show! : ) Glad that ya’ll are having a good time though.

Congratulations on the new car. Is this to replace your car or Greg’s? Is this your first SUV? I’m a big fan of SUVs now after having one for almost a year now. Feels like a big girl/boy car. It’s a beauty and I hope it keeps ya’ll safe and takes you two on many adventures to come!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww PB, so sorry about your friend having to wait an hour for you at the airport. Don't beat yourself up please. Your heart was in the right place and you did pick her up ultimately. You're a good friend PB.

@missy – oh we were posting at the same time. You describe yourself as an edgy neurotic Jewish NYC girl. Sounds like you should have your own show! : ) Glad that ya’ll are having a good time though.

Congratulations on the new car. Is this to replace your car or Greg’s? Is this your first SUV? I’m a big fan of SUVs now after having one for almost a year now. Feels like a big girl/boy car. It’s a beauty and I hope it keeps ya’ll safe and takes you two on many adventures to come!!!

We are a one car family PierreBear. We only need one car and that is a good thing as it costs $600 a month to park where we live so yeah two cars would be $1200 a month...just for parking hahaha. Nutzo living in NYC right?

We have only ever had SUVs. With 4 kitties going back and forth to the beach since the 90s only an SUV will do. Loofy is an RX300 and this car is the most similar in size etc to Loofy and that is why we chose it.

Haha yes I often say to Greg we could definitely have our own reality show with how quirky our life often is...but neither of us are that cuckoo or that narcissistic to want to be on TV! OMG those people on reality shows are really crazy. And when it comes down to it aren't we all a bit crazy? Who needs that kind of scrutiny. :lol:

Thanks for your good wishes and same to you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I just took fresh pics right now. Brutal outside. Just brutal and incompatible with feral kitty life.:cry2::cry2::cry2:

frozen2017.jpeg

seaisfrozen.jpg

frozen.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Woohoo, lovely new car @missy Lexus are soooo quiet, and very reliable too. I’m sure Loofy will forgive you for being sent to the retirement home :D
We WILL get to NY and meet up, probably when we’re finally living in the States, when it’ll just be a couple of hours flight. I think Greg’s Mum is just being a typical MIL, lots of women never think any woman is good enough for their darling son - I make a conscious effort not to be like that, but have been lucky that we’ve liked his long term g/fs. Good luck with packing up the kitchen, it’s a great opportunity for a clear out.

Hopefully the kitties are savvy enough to know where they can shelter and ride out the cold weather. They are resourceful creatures and know that there is always food at your place.

@PierreBear are you holding out on us, is your ring ready yet?:mrgreen2: Your weekend plans sound like fun. I made turkey noodle soup today with the last of the bird - it was delish and very filling. Oops to leaving your friend waiting at the airport, we’re getting very familiar with Bergstrom now, there could be worse places to wait.

Hi @Scandinavian hope you and the munchkins have enjoyed Christmas.

Thanks for the kind words @junebug17 I’ll be fine, new year soon and lots to look forward to. Great find getting the Coach purse at a good price, I bought 2 Coach handbags earlier this year on the ship, and really like them. They’re reversible so really versatile.

Glad to hear you’ve got fun plans for NYE, we love playing games. Kim introduced us to a card game, I can’t pronounce the Vietnamese name, but we laugh and call it Biting Len :lol:

I’m so sorry that Christmas is a difficult time for you and brings up the sadness of losing your parents.

Hi @Jimmianne I haven’t seen that film, but will look it up. Hope you’re doing well.

We had to wait until nearly 2pm to take Dottie out today, it thrashed down all morning. We just road walked her today, and would you believe it, in the distance, I saw 2 ladies walking towards us with what looked like 3 Spins!:-o
They had the sun behind them, so it wasn’t until we were up close that I could see they were Spins. We crossed over to say hello, turns out they were dogsitting, and the dogs live just around the corner from us. They were all brownies like Dot :D Ella, Stanley & Laura, Mum, Dad and one of their pups. Hopefully we’ll see them again.

Keep safe & warm lovelies :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'd planned to hit the mall today--but am tired already from making split pea and ham soup and cabbage rolls. Oh and it is -24C . I think that white blouse I am hunting can wait. lol

Christmas was fun at my Mom's house. We watched silly movies and ate nonstop. Laughed a lot. I could have lived without the treacherous drives (and horrific accident roadside accident scenes) to and from our home city, but we made it. Gotta rethink that for next year.... And the drama at my sisters place--she is always overwhelmed.....anyway it is what it is.

Missy your SUV is perfect in appearance for a 2015. Nary a scratch--fabu! Good find. We have a 2008 ML550 that I'd love to trade in--but my DH is very attached to it. I am obsessed with new cars and dislike anything with > 20,000 kms on it! lolol:rolleyes:

I am just catching up reading--sounds like everyone is OK and had a good holiday celebration.

Austina--cool you spotted some familiar furry faces. Perhaps they can come over for tea and (dog) biscuits? My nephew had this two dogs over for Christmas dinner with my sister one and it was a house full for sure!!

Hello to all NIRDI's:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, stay warm! Our cars each drive almost 20' per year, lol.
Austina, Christmas is wonderful but here we celebrate until new year lol. So still more food to come! Now you girls know why I work out so much outside holiday seasons lol. You should fly east and come visit before you move west :mrgreen2:
Missy, I'm sure your mother in law loves you after she got to know you better. I think anyone would.
June, good shopping at good prices are simply the best!
I'm dreading the New Year's Eve fireworks. We will stay home this year, fingers crossed the dogs will not be too scared. Will probably stay in the windowless bathroom in the middle of the house with them. Should provide about 50 cm of wood total between us and the noice. So that will hopefully help.

Missy, the ferals are so amazingly lucky to have you and Greg. They will be fine I think. At least the rabbits in the woods here are just fine with the cold... And the cats are street smart. They will find shelter. Regardless, they are in my prayers/hopes/wishes every day.

Marcy, so happy that you had a fab Christmas dinner! Though I knew you would:)

Jimmianne, we are always ready for more pictures :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results