carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The place looks fantastic @Scandinavian and wow to all the effort you’re putting into your party. It’s going to be a great night, everyone is sure to enjoy it.

Yikes to standing out in the cold :shock:

Sounds like a great weekend @PierreBear and yay to being able to spend precious time together. Work hard and retire early is our philosophy :lol:

So glad you’ll have help at Christmas @marcy, it’ll be a lot of work entertaining so many, but if everyone pitches in, it’s not so bad. Love the Snoopy wallet, best way to get what you want, buying it yourself.:mrgreen2:

I hope your neck isn’t so sore today.

Hope your get together was fun @Jimmianne - you big knit!:mrgreen: Are you working on a project at the moment? We’re all waiting with baited breath to see Mildred.

We have a black car too @junebug17 with black & grey interior. It needs a lot of cleaning in this weather, but when it’s clean, it looks really smart. We’re avoiding the shops this week, apart from food shopping on Thursday, people go crazy and the shops are only closed for a day:rolleyes:

Glad to hear Mousey will be ok @CJ2008 they do like to worry us, but you did the right thing getting her checked.

:shock: @canuk-gal -20, I cant even imagine how cold that is. Safe travels home.

Glad you enjoyed the ballet and have lots of shows to look forward to in the near year @missy . Sorry to hear about your itching, I hope whatever the Dr gave you brings you some relief.

Been busy trying to get everything in the house tidied, window cleaner came today and I’ve finally emptied the laundry basket.

We both had dental appts yesterday, I needed a worn filling replaced which was ok, bit ouchy as I opted not to have the anaesthetic, but it’s done.

Big wave to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi missy thank you for the well wishes for Mousey and her finding a home for the holidays. One person on Facebook with what looked like a huge following shared her page and she said she was doing everything she could to find Mousey a home for the holidays.

I spoke to someone at the front desk when I took her to the vet and I really liked her so I told her I was hoping to find a rescue that will work with me but she said it's unlikely that any rescue will do what I am hoping for. :( She said that if I used their rescue, for example, they would have Mousey attend the adoption events every Saturday and then if a family wanted her and they approved them I couldn't have a say. I can't do it that way it would drive me crazy if I didn't really feel good about the family, even though I am sure they have a reliable process, you know?

She is better doesn't seem congested any more. Weird. I doubt the Convenia kicked in that quickly but who knows.

Hope you enjoyed the theater, and how fun to have all those shows coming up! I've never been to the ballet never had an interest before but lately it has peaked my interest. The dancing looks so...hard. LOL What do you like about the show you picked? I think I would like dramatic/passionate ballets.

springerspaniel the doggies must look so cute trying to walk in those boots. ::) I will be so happy if I can find her a good home. I keep having these visions that I'll be able to see pictures of her in someone's home where she'll clearly look relaxed and happy and loved. I am not too fussy with my eating. I eat beans right out of a can. ::) I just finished making sweet potatoes and potatoes in the oven. All I do is wash them, slice them in like 1/4-1/2 inch pieces, drizzle them with olive oil, and in the oven they go. I don't like cooking so it has to be super simple.

Don't be afraid of the emojies! ::) We'll <3 you no matter what.

marcy it's so funny that you feel the same way sometimes I think I'm the only one w these weird thoughts :D yeah, I didn't want some watch that had been tried on a million times. (even though I guess we have no way of knowing an item's history - but at least coming from the internet via the sky feels more brand new. :bigsmile: I've had things shipped where you can tell they are still in their original bag and never been opened. Cute Snoopy wallet btw!

What's the point of a Despicable movie without Minions? :confused:

Yay for finishing your Christmas shopping.

What kind of cookies did you make?

Hope your neck is feeling better.

june, glad to hear both your ds and dd will be home will be so joyful. I feel like lately I have more trouble feeling warm. Even the slightest breeze makes me feel cold and I cannot relax.

Thanks for your well wishes for Mousey, as always.

And congratulations on your new car! :appl:

Sharon how did your lasagna come out? Tell us more about it like what you put in it. :lickout:

I sometimes buy the Stouffer's lasagna for a quick throw in the oven meal and I think it's really good. But for me, if it's easy I try really really hard to like it. ::)

pierre if you never had Panettone you have to try it. It is so good. My favorite brand that I've tried so far is Sweet Italy. I don't eat a lot of sugar like I used to so I *do* notice it's very sweet - but still so good. I wouldn't mind finding a less sweet version though. And I *love* the kind with walnuts in it. But not all of them have that. Are you a dunker? If so, nothing beats a slice of panettone dunked into tea or coffee.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and thoughts about going vegetarian, and your meals. I really appreciate it. (((hugs))) It actually helps me see that I eat some of the stuff already so it wouldn't be as huge a jump as it feels. (yogurt, peanut butter, beans, bananas, avocados, strawberries, etc.) I didn't know Quinoa was considered a protein. How much protein does a food need to contain to be considered a protein?

I *have* read that we are too obsessed with getting enough protein and that it's rare for an American to not be getting enough (although I'm not sure about vegetarians.)

Which plant based protein do you guys use? DH drinks a protein powder I know he pays and arm a leg for it he did a lot of research on it.

BTW ever since my DH started wearing wool socks he swears by them and won't wear anything else.

What's a white elephant party?

austina With her FIV I am just so alert because she's already at a disadvantage. :blackeye:

Ouch to getting dental work done without anesthesia :o

OK girls I hope I didn't miss too much

Hugs to all of you hope you're having a wonderful evening.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, your car is going to be awesome!! I used my heated seat and steering wheel coming home today. Zoe is living the good life. I hate to hear all those places were so busy today; I am venturing out tomorrow. I hate crowds. Of course my idea of a crowd is probably nothing compared to back east. I missed that your new car will be black. Very cool; the Macan looks great in black and helps it go Fast!!!

Scandi, oh no you have to get some work done. That is interesting about giving a speech at your dinner party; I should plan one for Sunday. All of your plans for the evening sound fabulous; I am sure everyone will have a wonderful time.

Jimmianne, that’s good you are being patient waiting for your ring. It’s going to be gorgeous. How was your knit group?

Missy, Marty would miss me when he needed some laundry done or clean dishes. We are eating at 1 but you can come anytime. I hate to hear you are itching so bad today; that is so miserable. Sorry to hear David didn’t know what flared up on your arm. Big hugs to you. Woo hoo for being at the beach.

PierreBear, that’s nice you DH is on vacation and you have great plans to spend time together. Oh no to your poor kitty deciding to dine on a rubber band. Glad he got it out even if it took several times. Ramen is definitely light to pack on a hike. That will be nice to plan some camping / hiking trips next year. Homemade Chex mix is awesome.

Austina, we both tend to buy what we want but like you said that way you get exactly what you want. I think I’ll dig out my Coach Snoopy tote bag to use for a while. You are brave having dental work without anesthetic. I hope your mouth is feeling better now.

CJ, I hope the lady on FB finds Mousey the perfect home. Marty thinks I’m funny; I’ll pick out a purse in the store then order it discreetly from the company. The new phone case I got a few weeks ago for my new phone was washed thoroughly when I got home. I was opening and looking at all the cases so I am sure other people pull them out to look at too. I agree about the Minions; they were in the new movie a little bit but not nearly enough. I have made Christmas M&M cookies (chocolate chip but with M&M’s) and peanut butter with chocolate candy on top. I still have to make candy cane cookies. And dinner rolls.

I want lasagna now.

Thank you all for your kind words about the Snoopy wallet. I enjoyed using it today.

My stiff neck really moved up in to the back of my head today. Advil seems to help it the best. I have the back of my head on the heating pad now.

Tomorrow is errands day. I think I’ll bake later since it starts snowing tomorrow night.

My last appraisal was submitted today and was approved after I changed a few numbers. Yay for being done. I'll have 4 upset employees in March but they shouldn't be surprised.

Laters,
Marcy no work for 7 days

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“BTW ever since my DH started wearing wool socks he swears by them and won't wear anything else.”
CJ this made me laugh :lol-2:
I’m glad Mousey has such a thoughtful caretaker.

Oh Marcy I’m so sorry! Please be better soon. I wish I lived closer to take care of you.

My inner Santa gave me a gold bracelet and ring for Christmas.
The ring is engraved 1907 with initials and is very heavy. The bracelet is heavy too, an old Tiffany piece. Both are preloved, and now loved again!
I got the idea because I when I asked my financial advisor if I should be buying gold (this was right after the election and I was worried) she said she would not invest in gold unless she could wear it on her wrist. That was enough encouragement for me : )
628DE15B-CAFE-41D0-AB47-B72C2D44B076.jpeg

Attachments

• DCAB9C13-9DB9-4FB7-BB51-77EAE08D3363.jpeg
    DCAB9C13-9DB9-4FB7-BB51-77EAE08D3363.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 24

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL jimmianne thanks for the chuckle

LOVE the combo of the thin diamond bands against the thicker chunky gold

hi marcy! will respond better later, gotta get ready for an appointment

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls from the beach! It's brisk but beautiful and wish you were all here with us enjoying the ocean waves and beautiful sharp colors that late autumn and early winter bring... Happy last day of Autumn and happy Winter Eve.

Austina wow to getting a filling with no anesthesia. But yay to being able to eat right afterwards and not having to wait for the numbness to wear off! I am seeing my dentist tomorrow and having the crown put in with permanent cement (or whatever the term is) though I am quite comfortable with the temporary hold the permanent crown is in right now...I forget if you weighed in on this matter. Is the permanent crown with temporary hold impervious to decay or is the more permanent hold necessary? I have a feeling you told me but my sievey brain has forgotten. Please excuse me.:oops2:
Speaking of my brain being a sieve what are your holiday plans again if you don't mind sharing?

CJ yay for Mousey feeling better and not congested like before! That is wonderful news! I am sorry you weren't that happy with the news the vet told you about the rescue groups. She is right in that they will want to show her on weekends if you want her adopted that way. I was/am hoping you could find a family the way I did...online and/or through friends/PS. No matter which way you find her a home the most important thing is she has a loving home and good environment to enjoy her life. (((Hugs))).

I prefer dramatic ballets as well and the Stravinsky/Balanchine ballet we are going to at the end of February is just that so very excited. If I don't kill myself first LOL. I am so accident prone it's ridiculous. I think I really hurt my toe and not sure if I broke it or not but it hurts a lot. I stubbed my pinky toe on the stairs here yesterday afternoon and it did hurt more than my usual toe stubbing but last night it was still hurting. I don't know if you can dislocate a pinky toe but if you can I did or I broke it. OMG I am ridiculous. It hurts not even moving it and it is swollen. SO it's lucky I am not a ballerina.:lol:

Marcy oh no to your stiff neck moving to the back of your head...ouch. Heating pad is good and I hope today is the day for relief. Yay to being finished with your evaluations/appraisals. And bigger yay to VACATION. Woohoo!!!!

PierreBear so glad your sweet kitty is OK after the rubber band fiasco. Don't feel too badly. They can really get into trouble no matter how careful we are. Remind me to tell you of our exciting New Year's Day adventure after we thought Bobby ate ribbon/christmas decorations. Not fun.

Sharon any leftover lasagna for the NIRDIs? I think we would all love some of your yummy lasagna.:lickout:

Hey Jimmianne. Love the gold collection. Very luxurious indeed.

Have a lovely Wednesday girls!:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Date night was a fun time yesterday evening. DH ran to my office so we could drive together to the gym. We did a work out together and then tried a new ramen place. Pretty good but wish the broth/soup was a bit hotter. Then DH encouraged us to make it more of a date night and walk a few blocks away to get cupcakes. I was saying no no no since I’ve already had my sweets for the day. However, I couldn’t say no if DH wanted to be sweet and make it more of a date night. At first we said we would share. Then when we saw the cupcakes on displayed, we got our own. Hahaha... DH got a black and white cupcake and I opted for triple cinnamon. Have ya’ll heard of Sprinkles cupcakes? I just looked it up and not sure where everyone is living but there are several in CA and NY. Tonight we are just keeping it quiet and cooking at home.

Hope everyone is doing well and counting down the days to Christmas!

@missy – Glad ya’ll liked Avenue Q as well! Yes, there is much hype about Hamilton and will check it out if they ever come to town. Appreciate the sweet offer of doing a get together if we ever venture up north! What a kind comment about being a young Missy and Greg. If I could be as kind and attentive as you in several years, my younger self would be very proud (I think that was your thread in hang out…)!

Sorry to hear that the DR appointment was stressful and you are fighting eczema. As you said already, hold on, tough gal!

Oh nnoooo cats eating ribbon/Christmas decorations….

@Austina – Wow a window cleaner! What a fun treat. Does the cleaner do the inside and the outside of the house? We tried cleaning windows recently and ummm though we put in the effort, it looked almost as dirty as it did before. Well, the dirt was gone but there were clear streaks of where we wiped off. We do a pretty good job of keeping the glass shower door clean but windows have not been mastered!

Tough lady for getting a filling done without anaesthetics. Whew! You deserve a treat afterwards though the dentist wouldn’t like me saying it. Hehe

@CJ2008 – I’ll be on the look out for some Panettone! Thanks for the tip.

Way to go girl that you are already eating healthy snacks. Interesting question about considering whether an item has enough protein. I’ve never really been a “counter” per say since that would drive me nuts and I don’t like to be strict about things. I look at the package on the back and I think 10 grams would be a lot. How I got that reference? I eat a cereal (Kashi brand) that mentions being high in protein so I think that number stuck with me. I just took a glance at the protein bar I have in my workout bag. It contains 20 grams total but with all those calories etc, I usually just eat half a bar at a time to get immediate nutrition replacement, which is then followed by my actual lunch/dinner. I wouldn’t be concerned with numbers per say but look at the ratios. Does what you are eating have more grams in protein versus carbs/sugar?

We just made the switch to plant based protein shake. We had whey protein before and just wanted to finish the container. Haven’t tried it yet, but DH ordered the following off of Amazon. I’ve tried a sample of plant based at a store one time. Can’t remember the brand but it was a bit grainy. I could tolerate it but I have a feeling plant based protein might not taste as good or smooth as what I was eating before? Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprise. I’ll report back once I try it!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J074W94/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

White elephant gift exchanges are fun in some ways. https://www.whiteelephantrules.com/ That link can probably describe it better then me. : ) Good activity to do with a group. However, sometimes I dislike it since you buy something and you leave with something. Around this time of year, I just always feel too much of a consumer. Too much stuff. However, the DIY version was a fun twist.

@marcy – Sorry that your neck isn’t feeling well. Think that calls for a neck massage from Marty? I bet he has strong hands from all that working out he does. How is his bicep and training coming along? Yay marcy no work! What does Marcy no work like to do on her days off? Or is it still preparing for the big Christmas dinner?

@Jimmianne – How neat that there is an engraving in the band. Where did you find it preloved? So neat that there is history behind it… wish I could hear the story!!!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy thank you for your well wishes for Mousey. I get scared sometimes that nobody will want her and part of me feels hurt for her, even though I know that's silly! Or worse, I worry that someone want her and I won't like them. :/ Did I say I worry about her, like all the time? :/ I probably sound a little nutty at times. :/

I *love* shopping online, so I actually enjoy seeing something in the store, and then going home and trying to find a better price, and getting it delivered.

the cookies sound delicious do you ever make bunny or bear shaped ones you should!

woo hoo on having finished the appraisals and 7 days off! Nice! :dance:

missy I'm going to look up the Stravinsky/Balanchine ballet. Maybe that will be the ONE that will interest me enough to go see it. When we're in NY I guess.

so would this give me a good idea of what the show is about (as you can see I know very little about this stuff)

Sorry to hear about your toe! I hope it gets better and stops hurting. And don't tell DH, but I think he's a little accident prone too. :shhh:

With Mousey, I know you know exactly how I feel so I don't need to repeat anything you said. Still have high hopes that I *will* find her a good home. :pray:

pierre so how were the cupcakes? They sound good, but were they delicious? Sounds like you and your DH had a really nice time together. <3

You're right that it's more about the ratios, and the actual ingredients. And all those protein bars always kill me. Every time I see one that says low sugar, never fails, I look at the label and see glucose or all other kinds of sugars under a different name. Maybe I'll buy quinoa again (I had tried it before but it never stuck.)

Yeah, DH's shake is whey protein based. DH is super sensitive to texture so if it was even a bit grainy he wouln't tolerate it. Definitely let me know what you think of it once you try it.

OMG I had never heard of that before. That sounds agonizing LOL I am *sure* that the ONE gift I could even tolerate would be stolen from me LOL What did you end up with?

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Kind of a busy day here but I wanted to check in with you all - so this will be short but sweet ha.

Missy, so sorry about the itching, it must be beyond annoying. Good luck with your dental appointment tomorrow. Getting together at some point sounds good! As hard as I tried, I’m still racing around at the last minute for a few things this year, ugh. I am happy that your sweet kitties have found such a loving home with you and Greg as well, I know your cats have previously had rough lives too. Must be so nice being at the beach, it’s such a relaxing and beautiful place.

Scandi, your party is going to be so much fun! You have everything planned out so well and I’m sure everyone is going to have a great time.

Jimmianne, as anxious as I am to see your new ring it’s better that the jeweler takes his time with it, and doesn’t rush. lol to watching knitters party! Have fun at your lunch.

PB, it’s so great that you and dh are going to be able to spend some time together, life gets so hectic and it’s nice to have a change to relax a little and enjoy each other. I’m glad your kitty is ok, but don’t be too hard on yourself, it’s hard to monitor everything. Yes, dd is exchanging gifts with her bf and honestly I think dd is spending too much - one thing I notice about younger people these days is they don’t always live within their means. But I pick my battles, and it’s her money so I keep my mouth shut lol!

Austina, you’re smart to avoid the stores right now, it’s crazy out there ha!
Glad you are done with the dentist for now, always a relief to have it over with.

CJ, I can see where you wouldn’t want to give up control as to where Mousey is placed. It’s a dilemma for sure.

Marcy, yay to being done with your appraisals! I’m so sorry to hear you’re still feeling sore. Good luck with your errands and baking.

Jimmianne, lol to your advisor’s advice! She’s an expert so you had not choice but to follow it.:P2 The bracelet and ring are absolutely beautiful, love the design of the bracelet. I love that the ring is from 1907, it’s like wearing a piece of history! Very cool.

Ok, I better get going here - I have to venture out again today. Oh, here are a few pics of the car -
BF283B61-BF74-4920-B0D9-D97BE93CC550.jpeg
818DF8F3-E518-4DFF-A646-BDE0BC756EFA.jpeg
B72C7BCE-4268-48D3-BB9F-4AE377826FE3.jpeg
3DA846EC-FD56-4DE5-AC62-A3D5C933A25E.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, what a lovely bit of new bling! (Understated comment) And you can even sit in it. Wow, I <3 it.

Oh gosh. The knitters’ luncheon...it was as exciting as you might imagine.
Not to be mean, but I prefer my artist friends, a little more colorful group. Guess Im not really a knitter at heart. Lol

for you, PBear I post the webpage from the ring in case you want to investigate further. As soon as I purchased it, they immediately wrote to say they had the wrong year in the description and apologized.
Nice vendor to work with.
A6C1722D-C1EC-4CE3-9B48-30817F600AC2.png

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie gorgeous car!!!:love: Luxurious and oh so comfortable and it will be a sweet ride! Watch out cause your dh might want to borrow it often haha. Though his car is gorgeous too. Beautiful couple and beautiful cars:appl:

PierreBear
your date night last night sounds lovely! So glad you had a great time.

CJ
, here are more samples of the ballet we are seeing in February. Hope I linked it right. OK just checked and it isn't linking properly. Will try another time to share it with you.
And I agree with you about that gift exchange. I don't like that game and find it can become unpleasant for some so I rather not join in those type of gift exchanges. No way would I want to take something away from someone that they want.

If you are visiting NYC please let me know OK? Maybe we can arrange a double date.:sun:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Great self-gifting @Jimmianne you’ll never be disappointed with gifts from someone who knows you so well!:mrgreen2: Those are hefty gold pieces, and the twisty links on the bracelet are really unusual.

The car looks really smart @junebug17 the Macan is a similar size to mine, although mine is first a foremost a dog carriage, so definitely not a speed wagon:lol: hope the shops are not too manic when you go out.

Keeping everything crossed someone will fall in love with Mousey soon @CJ2008 I know what you mean about liking her new owner, I’m sure if I ever had a dog that had puppies, I wouldn’t think anyone would be good enough for them :D

We have the window cleaner come every month @PierreBear , it’s relatively inexpensive £30 to do the whole house and orangery roof, and neither of us want to climb up the ladder to do it. I do the insides, I have a window vac :bigsmile:

https://www.amazon.com/Karcher-Wind...1513793335&sr=1-1&keywords=Marcher+window+vac

Your DH sounds like Colin, I try to be good, and he tempts me with yummy things!

As longs as the crown has been well cemented, it shouldn’t make any difference that it’s with temporary fix @missy the underlying tooth has been filled and I’m sure your oral hygiene is very good.

The weather at the beach sounds similar to here, although it’s warming up, we’re back into double figures again.

We’re not really doing anything for Christmas, it’s our 39th wedding anniversary on Saturday :shock: so we’ll be going out to dinner to a lovely Thai restaurant. Then we’ll be on our own over Christmas, so we’ll enjoy slobbing around and eating too much.

I hope your toe isn’t too sore, sounds like the sort of thing I’d do :oops:

Yay to being off work now @marcy and to getting your appraisals all done and submitted.

I really hope your neck pain has eased, it sounds miserable :(

I know a few of you also have Apple Macs, so I just thought I’d warn you, Adam’s E key stopped working, so he’s taking it in to be fixed - $480!! They can’t just change the letter, the design is such that it requires a whole new keyboard, trackball, battery and half the case :-o

Thanks for the good wishes about my tooth, but fortunately it’s been fine. I did think it might ache afterwards, but no pain at all, which is just as well as I’m having the r/h side one replaced after Christmas.

I hope you’re not all stressing too much over the holiday preparations, take care :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww Happy 39th wedding anniversary Austina! That is so wonderful!!!
And wow to the keyboard charge. I had to replace a few letters on my mac laptop because I smacked them into smithereens and it didn't cost anything near that but we were able to just replace the few letters. However one they put in backwards and that necessitated another trip there. What a mistake LOL. Sorry it is such a hassle to replace the letter for Adam and so expensive too. I guess it is out of the warranty? Do you have the Applecare?

Thanks for the tooth info. I guess I am just going to keep my appointment but part of me wants to leave well enough alone if there isn't any decay issues because of the temp hold. Ugh should have asked you first before I made the appointment. Since we won't be at the beach till late spring now because of the renos I wanted to take care of what I could here so I didn't have to make the long trip back and forth from Brooklyn to to the doctors at the beach but of course you know inevitably stuff happens and I have a feeling I will have to travel back and forth to the doctors anyway. Oh well.

Glad your teeth are doing well and good luck for the other filling replacement after Christmas.
Sorry to hear you are klutzy like me but maybe that makes us special. Haha as in special needs. JK! Though sometimes I am not. Why can't I be graceful and elegant and not such a huge klutz. A broken toe. Really? Oy. Oh well there are worse things we know. Just venting. :oops2:

No stressing here re the holidays. Since we are not baking we are good!

Leaving you with an early poem for you dear Austina.

Dearest Austina happy 39th wedding anniversary
39 years ago the knot was tied by you and your hubby

It's been almost 40 years of one big party

They said it wouldn't last but lo and behold
39 years later and your love story is still being told
Your marriage full of laughter and love and a joy to behold

You have held true through the course that is life
Full of love and laughter despite some of the strife
Your road is not finished and you have much further to go
Wishing you much more happiness and love to share and to show

This coming Saturday that marks 39 years
through the laughter and the tears
You have made it together and with so much to share

Wishing you all the best today and for all the tomorrows
Doubling the joys shared and halving all the sorrows

Happy Anniversary dear Austina and Adam! (((HUGS))).

P

PierreBear

June, what a lovely bit of new bling! (Understated comment) And you can even sit in it. Wow, I <3 it.

Oh gosh. The knitters’ luncheon...it was as exciting as you might imagine.
Not to be mean, but I prefer my artist friends, a little more colorful group. Guess Im not really a knitter at heart. Lol

for you, PBear I post the webpage from the ring in case you want to investigate further. As soon as I purchased it, they immediately wrote to say they had the wrong year in the description and apologized.
Nice vendor to work with.
A6C1722D-C1EC-4CE3-9B48-30817F600AC2.png

Thanks for sharing it! I was secretly hoping that you bought it from an antique store and there was a sappy love story behind it. I think I'll have to make up my own now! Enjoy your ring! Very beautiful and I think we are all also counting down to see the Asscher!!! yippeee!

P

PierreBear

@CJ2008 – The cupcakes were pretty good and maybe I was playing mind games but it was at the end of the night and didn’t taste as fresh as they could have been at 8 PM. It doesn’t deter me from trying it again though. Still delicious! The cake was more moist on the black and white cupcake but the icing was more unique on the cinnamon. Yummmm!

You know, I wasn’t ever a quinoa fan. I don’t like to eat it by itself. However, when it is mixed in with a a salad or other vegetables, I don’t mind it at all.

For the white elephant exchange party (non DIY) we ended up with a neck massager that was in the shape of a giraffe and a star bucks gift card. Haha but another guy ended up with wine who didn’t drink so DH kindly swapped with him after the game. For the white elephant exchange party that was DIY, we got a wine stopper that had a duck decoration on top. He was yellow with a black Mohawk. Pretty cute!

@junebug17 – Well moms know best about finances since you’ve been through it all, including all these house sales! However, it’s very nice for DD to be extra generous to someone she appreciates. I think growing up with parents who immigrated over to the states really showed me how to pinch pennies. Almost in an unhealthy manner but slowly I’ve learned when to save and when to enjoy. Hard balance of not over saving and not over spending!

Oh my… beautiful car! Vroom! I think I might have missed it… I know you were test driving it but is it a done deal and you picked up the keys?

@Austina – You get an A+ in my book for being super wife for doing the windows. Thanks for sharing the window vacuum. I’m going to think it over. I really don’t want more gadgets in the house. If I do get more gadgets, may they be kitchen appliances! Hahaha…

Congrats and happy 39th anniversary! So wonderful! Are ya’ll going to do something big for the 40th? Though Thai food sounds wonderful. I never get tired of Thai food.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, thank you for saying you’d take care of me. I am much better today. Great pieces of gold; I love thick, gold jewelry. That band looks so comfy.

Missy, the view from the beach sounds great. Yes, the winter solstice is upon us. Oh no about stubbing your toe. I hope it’s just a nasty bruise and nothing else. Feel better! Good luck at the dentist. We can steal someone else’s gift in our family drawing; I worry about my one sister because she doesn’t handle things well. So far we’ve had no issues.

PierreBear, date night sounds fun and mm to cupcakes. A DIY white elephant is a great idea. I’d knit something. The first year we were married I made everyone in my family and Marty’s family crocheted slippers that look like shoes (either sneakers with socks or mary jane’s with socks). It took me most of the year to get them all done. Marty’s shoulder is somewhat better; he hasn’t mentioned seeing a doctor lately. Generally I like to go shopping, relax and maybe go visit one of my sisters. This vacation is all centered around getting ready for then cleaning up from our family dinner on Sunday.

CJ, I totally understand that you want to make sure Mousey goes home with someone you feel good about. Sending mega dust your way to find that perfect family or person for Mousey. I definitely shop online now more than going to a mall. Great idea to get some bear and rabbit cookies cutters. I’ll check Amazon for some. I was so happy to get all my appraisals done; come March though I’ll get the fun of presenting them to my employees who think they are the best employees ever.

Junebug, your car looks great. I hope you really love it. We need a NIRDI GTG where we can drive to it and have the NIRDI Macan twins in a selfie.

Austina, great idea to have window cleaners come frequently. We need to have that done. Congratulations on celebrating your 39th anniversary on Saturday. That is awesome. Oh no to Adam’s laptop needing a pricey repair. Glad to hear your tooth feels fine.

I started my vacation last night by staying up past my bedtime to finish a book. This morning I slept until about 8:30. We soon proceeded out to spend money like drunken sailors. How appropriate then that we started at the liquor store. They charged us $477 to get out of there but we got an entire case of assorted wine, 2 little bottles of Asti (I see mimosa in my future), Marty got a jug of some kind of whisky then kept eyeing a bottle of scotch. He told me he wouldn’t mind finding that under the tree so I told him he could have it. He did put it under the tree. Next stop was Sams club (like Costco) where we picked up drinks, meat and side dishes for Sunday (plus a few other things). That was almost as costly at the liquor store. By then it was past lunch time so we came home and had filet cooked on the grill. One more stop to the regular grocery store and I think we are good for food now.

Marty went to the gym a while ago and I picked up the house and put away stuff we picked up today. I was going to watch the movie Dunkirk while Marty was at the gym but I think Marty would like it so I’ll wait until he wants to watch a movie.

Tomorrow I need to bake. Something. We are getting 7” of snow tonight with wind. Good day to stay home.

Laters,
Marcy

P

PierreBear

Happy Thursday everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. Weather is so unusual over here. Back in the 70s again. However, it still is cold enough in the evening to still do smores by the fireplace. We are making the most of our gas fireplace. Going to get that pay per use price down! Haha! We also finished the Netflix series we were watching recently called Godless. Pretty fun Western series but the ending was predictable though it was satisfying. Have a great one!

@marcy – Wow great idea on knitting as a present. So impressive that you can make slippers. Have you done one with a snoopy design on it? My winter house slippers have a monkey on it. Pretty cute and I wear them out every 2 years. DH has a revolving supply of them.

Glad to hear that Marty’s shoulder doesn’t require a DRs visit!

Ya’ll had a productive time at the liquor store and SAMs. I was at SAMs recently and realized that all their food samples this time of year were desserts. Sure, I’ll try that cheesecake and that apple pie and the blueberry one too. hahaha…

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy first day of Winter!

Marcy thank you sweetheart. You are always so lovely and warm and kind. (((Hugs))). Happy vacation! 7 inches of snow and wind don't sound as bad as it could get in Wyoming but stay warm and dry and safe and hopefully that's the worst you will get this winter. LOL. You sure did a lot of shopping yesterday and I know your guests will appreciate all your hard work. And everyone will have a blast. And glad your guests enjoy the stealing gift game.:lol:

PierreBear temps in the 70s sounds perfect. Thinking about your upcoming project and good luck and so exciting and my fingers and toes are crossed. I had a communication too from you know who last night. Nothing to report but nice to hear from this person. Hopefully exciting news will be for all of us soon enough.

More (((HUGS))) to Mousey CJ and sending so much love her and your way.

Hello to all of the rest of you lovely ladies. I don't want to leave anyone out and hoping I didn't but if I did it was inadvertent. Hey there Junie, Jimmianne, Sharon, Austina, Kristie, Calliecake, Scandi, LLJsmom, SpringerSpaniel, Rainwood, and anyone else I missed.
Hope everyone is well and enjoying this first day of winter.
I am a bit apprehensive about my long day today and what will come from it and if you could send me some positive energy and thoughts I would be greatly appreciative.

Enjoy your day.:wavey:

Last edited:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy just a quick pit stop right now, but wanted to send (((((hugs))))) warmth, love, and tons and tons of positive energy for today.

and mousey sends you tons of love and hugs and kisses too

oh! and my other furbabies are saying them too!

((((((hugs)))))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, how is your toe feeling today? Hope your dental appointment went well. Glad you like the car, and thanks for the kind words! Still a little sad about giving up Pebbles but I have to admit, I’m getting exciting about this one lol. Love your poem for Austina, it’s really good! Hope you are having a lovely and relaxing time at the beach, enjoy your day.

Jimmianne, thanks for the nice words about the car! Lol to your artist friends being a bit more “lively” than your knitting friends!

Marcy, it’s great you got almost all your errands done before the snow. You and Marty went on quite the shopping trip and got a lot accomplished, that always feels good. Too funny that he put the Scotch under the tree. Good for you for staying up late and sleeping in, that’s what vacations are for! How is your neck and soreness today? Love the idea of a GTG and taking selfies! I’ll see if dh is up for a road trip haha.

Austina, oh no to Colin’s repair being so expensive! How wonderful your 39th Anniversary is this Saturday, your plans sound like fun. Your Christmas plans sound very relaxing and enjoyable as well. My kind of holiday lol!

Ok, that window vac looks awesome, I’m getting one!

PB, very true about having a dd who is giving and generous! That’s a good thing lol. my new car is on order and I’ll be getting it at the end of March. The pics are generated by the website and show what the actual car will look like. Your gift exchange presents sound very cute! It’s so nice that you and dh are getting a chance to spend quality time together and I hope you guys are having a great time. And now you have me craving cupcakes haha!

Not a whole going on today, just doing some things around the house. Hope all the nirdis have a good day!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, we were posting at the same time - good luck with your day, will be keeping you in my thoughts and I hope everything goes well for you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you sweet Junie. (((Hugs))).
Have a wonderful day and hope you enjoy some well deserved R and R and stay warm!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIRDIs Please send me a little “good setting” dust,
I am off to the big city to pick up our asscher ring :dance:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Hurry back with lots of photos @Jimmianne :D

Oh @missy, thank you so much for the beautiful words, I so appreciate that you took the time to write them. Yes, it’s been a long journey, not always a smooth road, but we made it, we’re still here, still together and still loving each other. You’re right, my family didn’t think we’d last as it had been a very quick courtship, but we’ve proved all the nay sayers wrong, and we’re very much looking forward to the future.

I hope your dental appointment went well, and you’re reassured that everything is fine.

I hope you got all your errands sorted today @junebug17 we did our regular food shop and we’re done now. We won’t be setting foot in another shop till next Thursday.

That sounds like a lot of snow @marcy, keep safe. Mega shop, but glad you’ve got all the necessities in. I’ve been known to have the odd glass of Asti myself ;)2 We saw Dunkirk at the cinema when it was released and really enjoyed it.

We will certainly be looking forward to year round good weather @PierreBear when we move to Austin. Seems so strange to us that it could be 70 at this time of year. We’re feeling warm today and it’s only 51 here :lol:

Hi @CJ2008 @Calliecake @springerspaniel @canuk-gal and @rainwood hope all is well it’s you :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I hope your day went well!

Off to brew up cookies; will be back later.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

PierreBear, glad you are enjoying some nice weather and having s’mores. I have not made myself any Snoopy slippers. I did have some store bought ones but I can’t remember where they are; I wonder if I threw them out when we moved. Darn. I am hoping Marty’s arm doesn’t end up with surgery but so far it’s improved. I usually pass on samples in the store but they often look good.

Missy, how was the dentist? How are you toes? Is the weather at the beach house nice or are you getting snow?

Hi CJ.

Junebug, my neck is only slightly stiff now. Thanks. My sinuses are getting my attention but that’s on the other side of my head. I know what you mean about cupcakes, I saw some on FB a while ago and thought they looked really good. Enjoy your day doing things around the house.

Jimmianne, I am so excited to see your ring. I am waiting anxiously for pictures.

Austina, Dunkirk was a good movie. 51 sounds pretty warm to me right now. I don’t know how much snow we have but it’s icy out there. Looks like more snow coming in tomorrow night through Saturday. Maybe some of the 20 crowd won’t show up on Sunday. Ha Ha. Dottie looks cute with a red nose.

I got laundry mostly done, make homemade biscuits for breakfast and got candy cane cookies made this afternoon. Marty ventured out to get a few more presents. We watch Dunkirk this morning. Off to figure out something for Marty for supper.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I just posted a thread for our Mildred.
For now the setting is very acceptable...it’s sturdy and they did a good job modifying it to fit an asscher.
So, yay!
exhausted from being on the road half the day and finally accomplishing a big goal. happy to have her home.
See you all tomorrow!
xx

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just a brief pop-in to wish everyone a happy holiday. I haven't had a chance to read all of everyone's posts so I'll be brief.

Missy - have a great time at the beach. Glad you're going to the ballet. I have partial season tickets with a friend and really enjoy the modern ballets. They do a lot of Balanchine.

Jimmianne - love the gold finds and hope you love the setting for our asscher. I never did put up a Christmas tree. I used to love the holidays, but Christmas is now . . . problematic.

Junie - Zoe is such a doll. Glad family is going to be around for the holidays. Did the house close?

Marcy - COOKIES!!!!!

PB - You are one busy, busy person!!

Callie - Keep up the good fight on the political threads. We need to rip this country out of the GOP's nasty, nasty hands.

CJ - You are such a good kitty foster mom! And that tells me you're a really good person.

Scandi - the house is looking fabulous!!

Austin - Dottie is such a doll. She's lucky to have you, and you're lucky to have her.

Kristie - have a great holiday! Give my Christmas greetings to the Westies and DH.

And to everyone else, happy happy holidays!!!!

I'm off to Canada tomorrow morning. It's been a bit of a slog to get there. Had a bad case of food poisoning that lasted 4 or 5 days, and I decided to jettison all of the holiday decorating. It's just me and I'll be gone so I saved my energy to continue my purge of stuff and clutter. Found the box with all my favorite bracelets which I had hid when I went to Europe 18 months ago! And the camera I'd been looking for was with it. Had no idea I stashed them in the guest closet under some bed linens! Feels good to have so much stuff gone. Took it to Goodwill today, and couldn't fit all of it in my Subaru Outback even though it was packed tight. And that's just stuff from the master closet, master bath, and the overflow in the smaller guest room.

This has all given me a new outlook on shopping and things. I went to Costco, Target, and BBB which are some of my favorite stores, on Tuesday, returned a bunch of things to Costco I had multiples of, and bought only the few items that were on my list at each. I'm planning to make 2018 the year of enjoying what I already have. Especially now that I can actually see some of it! Next up to purge is my study and my DH's old study (some of which I've already tackled but he was a total packrat so there's lots more). It feels so good, I can't understand why I didn't do this sooner. And being ruthless about it. I won't miss any of what I've donated. And much of it I've already forgotten. A very clear sign I had way more stuff than I need or want or cherish.

Take care, everyone!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results