color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@missy, you definitely wouldn’t like cottage pie:(sad

It’s made from minced beef, I cook it with onions, mixed spice, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, beef stock, then I add lots of vegetables to make it a one dish meal, topped off with mashed potatoes. Cooked in the oven until the potatoes are crispy. You could put cheese on the potato too.

It’s the perfect meal for a cold day.

D66C8618-95A1-4513-965A-3CDD507774E7.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, I’m sorry your skin issues are continuing to be such a problem for you, sending lots of good thoughts and support to you. (((Hugs))) I can see why you’d be feeling a bit down after having Greg’s company for so long, going back to a regular routine after a vacation is hard.

I read about your kitchen mishaps on the other thread, and it’s a shame to start the project off like this but hang in there and remind yourself you’ll have a gorgeous kitchen when it’s all done. Fingers crossed things go smoothly after this bumpy start. Good news about your exercise machine!

Beautiful video of the fireworks! Thanks for posting the video. They’re so pretty, but so disruptive and upsetting to the furbabies. Noiseless fireworks sound great to me.

Austina, I’m glad Dottie wasn’t too bothered by the fireworks. How nice it’s warmed up for you. Still cold here, but today didn’t seem quite as bad. I think we’re in for some snow though. Your cottage pies look delicious! I woke up feeling much better, thanks.

CJ, I hear you on continuing to eat holiday goodies after the holidays lol! I’m trying hard to get back on track today. Sorry the kitties were upset by the fireworks, poor things.

Marcy, your NYE sounds perfect - good food and good company. Good for you for getting the decorations put away, always feels good to have that over with. I started today but still have more to do. Thankfully I didn’t put out as much as I usually do, so it shouldn’t take long. Wow, 50 degrees! That is great, enjoy the break from the cold. And congrats on not hitting any curbs, you’re off to a good start lol! Glad to hear work wasn’t too bad this week.

Jaaron, great to hear from you and I hope all is well - Happy New Year!

PB, I hear you on feeling a little depressed after getting a chance to spend some quality time with your dh, I was feeling the same way when we got back from SC. Ah well, life goes on and we just have to make plans so we have something to look forward to! You know, I ended up not having any pizza that night, I think the plane ride upset my stomach so I wasn’t up for it. Eating meals in the car is always interesting lol! Good luck with your busy season and hopefully you can still check in with us. Sorry about the cold snap, stay safe and warm!

Jimmianne, sorry to hear about your excema and I hope the testing can help you figure out what’s triggering your outbreak.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes - I felt much better the next day after getting some sleep. Not much else going on - putting decorations away, straightening up, and doing some laundry. Sounds like we’re getting some snow tonight, I’m hoping it’s not a lot :pray:

Have a good Thursday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, how’s Mildred? The moon was closet to Earth for the entire year so would appear slightly bigger and brighter. Cool! I bet the NYT’s article mentioned the 2 Supermoons this month and a close opposition of Mars. There may be a naked eye comet at the end of the year. At least you can draw to help you get the point across when those French words don’t come easily. I’d be mute if I could only communicate by pictures. I guess I could pull up clip art. I hope they found out what is bothering your allergies. Is DNA testing as accurate as the scratch tests?

Missy, I am glad your arc trainer is fine. Oh no to having reno issues already. I think HRH and Karl will keep us up at night with their partying. Look out! I am glad you are doing better today. I’m with you; pie got my attention.

PB, I think I’ve got the warmest weather of any of us NIRDI’s. That’s surprising given I’m in Wyoming. You are ambitious getting up early to do some chores and relax a bit. I’ll stay up late to do that but I sure won’t get up any earlier than I have to in the morning. Although now I am trying to catch Mars and Jupiter that will be closing in on each other this week.

Austina, cottage pie sounds like shepherd’s pie. It’s warm, has potatoes and cheese. It sounds great right now.

Junebug, glad you felt better after getting some sleep. It’s nice to get a few things done around the house. Stay warm.

My day was a repeat of yesterday - work, dishes and goofing off. And I’m cold.

Friday is getting closer.

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Wyoming ! Did you send us your weather?? It is cottage pie weather for sure!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Thursday Snowday! It is snowing and blowing winds here quite fierce! Snowfall amounts keep increasing in prediction and the shore is now supposed to get 18 inches or more OMG. The wind chills make it feel like -20 or below. Makes NYC seem pale in comparison with 8 inches or so predicted here but still quite chilly. Brrrrrrr.

Jimmianne how much snow are you predicted to get today? Please tell me about the DNA allergy testing. I am very curious! If they offer that here I am up for it for sure. I don't want to do that skin patch test on the back which is something David does on many of his patients. We have been putting that off because it is unpleasant and you cannot shower for at least 72 hours or even more as some reactions don't show up for a week and he has to follow you almost every day for that week as some reactions will go away and new ones occur. Oy.

As for the DNA stool evaluation test-I got the Cologuard test in 2015 instead of a colonoscopy but my GI doctor was very unhappy and said it doesn't take the place of a colonoscopy. I havent done another Cologuard test since but plan on doing it this summer maybe. I am delinquent in seeing my internist or any other doctor besides my derm so I need to see one of them before I can ask for another Cologuard test. I hope not to have to do a Colonoscopy and hope the Cologuard is enough. It is a very easy test to do. I recommend it.

I hope you have running water today and all that needs to be insulated is.

Austina oh well. I love that it has the word pie in it.:lol: Another perfect dish for a cold day is Oatmeal which my dh is enjoying next to me right now. Tease because those carby foods don't agree with my skin. In the thread I started about my eyebrow skin issue some people recommended Keto and I researched it yesterday. It would mean no more beans no more cashews or pistachios or my daily banana that I take with my morning oracea med. OMG. I would have to go back to eating fish. I couldn't enjoy my snack of popcorn anymore. I mean I could try anything for 2 weeks but I really don't relish the thought that everything I like to eat plus being a vegan would now be verboten to me. Sorry I digress. Your pie dish might be on the list of OK foods but I still won't eat meat and if I try the Keto lifestyle I would just go back to being a Pescetarian. Or as some might say pesky tarian. :lol:

Junie I am so glad you are feeling better and I hope you are continuing to sleep well. What are your snowfall predicted totals? Times like this I wish we were inland haha. Stay safe and warm and hugs to you.

Marcy tomorrow is Friday woohoo! Are you getting any snow? I don't think so this time but too bad because your weekend could have started today lol. Greg is home for the day and probably tomorrow. He was supposed to go to the beach tomorrow to meet with our guys but no way now. The kitchen reno is on hold. Only 2 days in lol. Luckily we have some time before spring/summer and I sure hope the weather calms down.8)
Hope your workday is uneventful and goes quickly.

I might be able to get some pics for you ladies later if I am up for it. Looking forward to spending a cozy warm day with my dh and playing cards. Life is on hold for a bit as winter bears down. Thinking good thoughts for all of you and also for all the feral cats dealing with the awful weather.
Enjoy your (Snow)day girls! And for those of you not in the path of the storm enjoy your regular Thursday.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg just took this quick pic for us. Isn't he sweet.:kiss:

The snow started about 5 AM or so this morning and we are only a few hours into it now.

snowstormjanuary2018.jpg

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Glad it is a short week because of NY holiday. It sure is hard to go from the holidays and ramp up again. I scored a minor deal yesterday at central market. I was looking for some dried flowers to replace something I’ve had for ages at home that would crumble if you accidentally knocked it over. There was one last lavender bunch and the lady kindly gave it to me at a discount since it wasn’t in the best shape. However, with those savings I decided to get the fancy apples. Gosh darn those honey crisps taste so good! I’m usually just a fuji apple girl but if all apples costed the same, I would be eating honey crisps all the time. Do ya’ll have apple preferences too?

Made a fun meal yesterday. Polenta with shrimp with zuchinni and spinach on the side. Got the timing just right as DH came through the door and he had enough time to get changed and take out the trash. I’ll call that a win for a weeknight.

Alright ladies… hope ya’ll have a great day and stay warm. Be safe! Drink some hot cocoa!

@missy – Glad you got the arc fixed but will have to find a substitute in the future though. I guess by the time you need to swap out machines, there will be tons more efficient and neat gadgets for you to play with though?! So neat that ya’ll were able to connect and speak Russian together.

Be safe up there with Greg. Glad ya’ll get to spend some quality time together given the storm. I bet the cats are nearby for your body warmth!

@Jimmianne – Wow that does sound like the perfect love story. I missed that they are engaged to be marry since you used the word fiance. When is the big date?! How very exciting.

@Austina – wow those cottage pies look amazing. It reminds of Shepards pie if I did recall that correctly? Regardless, what a nice dish for a cold day as you said.

@junebug17 – Oh bummer for not feeling well on a plane ride. I’m the queen of not feeling well on flights and get motion sickness. Glad you are feeling better and may rest continue to nourish your body’s needs.

@marcy – Hurray for Wyoming. I don’t think I’ve made that connection. Do you go to Yellowstone often? DH and I are thinking about doing the Bighorn race and will visit some parks. I’ve been just trying to get past 2017 and haven’t though too much about 2018 yet but it’s on our list of possibilities. Beautiful over there! Hope you get to see Mars and Jupiter soon. Oh, thinking about planets, how did you feel when they said Pluto wasn’t officially a planet? I can’t remember when the news was talking about it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pierrebear yay for scoring on the lavender. Sweet! And yes I love Fujis too and I also love honey crisp and galas too. If I could only enjoy one however I would have to say Fuji but for my dh's apple pie it is granny smith all the way.:lickout:

Look at this cool pic of my hood from the late 1800s. Wow how different but also somewhat the same. Cool.

snowphotosgrandarmy1896.jpg

and who can forget this pic of me a few years ago...hmm if I have the energy maybe I will go down later and help the guys at my building out.

Looks like the snow storm was almost over at this point in 2016 when I was "helping" out. Haha I know when to show up don't I.:lol:

missydrivingthesnowplowblizzard2016.jpg

@Jimmianne I know you have some cool pics of you and driving the snow plow/tractor and @Austina I think you might to or at least driving your big wheel trucks...would love to see those pics again ladies!:appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry I didn’t get time to post properly yesterday.

Yes, the cottage pie is the same as shepherds pie, but shepherds pie is traditionally made with lamb (hence the shepherd :D) and I don’t eat baa baas. :tongue:

It’s cold there @pb, we have been once before in January when it was actually snowing, but this is not your normal weather.

I remember this time of year always being so busy for Colin with end of year accounts to get ready.

Glad the arc trainer is ok @missy, but boooo to problems already with the reno. Hopefully no more nasty surprises.

Great photo of the snowy scene, but I’m with you. Much better to be inside in the warm, than outside in it Brrrrrrrr.

:lol: to being a Pesky Taurian, that must make me a Homely Vore:mrgreen2:

Glad you’re feeling better @junebug17 sounds like you really needed a good rest after your trip.

Well done on not battering the minions yet @marcy Hopefully they’ll behave themselves now the new year has started. Good job on getting a jump on your newsletter. I don’t know if I’m imagining it, but the moon seems to have been very low and particularly bright this last week.

Winds of up to 100 MPH, fortunately not where we are, but it’s blowing a gale.

What’s the timeframe for your move to France @Jimmianne and what’ll happen to the animals? Dottie is my only worry about moving :( How exciting that your daughter is engaged - did you help in the ER process?:D

I went for my second filling replacement today, no anaesthetic, but I honestly didn’t feel a thing this time.

Big wave out to all the NIRDIs, keep safe and warm :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2B94C445-57DB-405F-A9A6-83E4074F5F02.jpeg Omg suddenly so much to catch up with!

Honeycrisps are my all time favorite! We have stopped being able to get them here.

Missy i love that old photo, and Greg’s too. It’s fun to see the difference, it has really grown up.
We had what looks like a couple of inches, and my well house insulating job may not have been professional looking but I think it worked. We did have water this morning.
Only you could look so gorgeous on a tractor, so I think that’s all the « NIRDI heavy equipment operator » photo ops we need for today!

The cologuard is 92% accurate, or so they claim. Not perfect, but I am hoping it is enough as I am loathe to have a colonoscopy.

Settling in with some chili and a good book.
Back later

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis -

Missy, pretty picture of the snow - I think we’re going to get 2-5 inches here so not bad - very cold and windy here too. Stay safe and warm and enjoy the day with Greg.

Marcy, so ironic you’re having the warmest weather of all of us. I’m glad you’re having some milder weather, Wyoming winters are brutal and you deserve a break.

PB, your dinner sounds delicious, you’ve just made me very hungry. Yay to a short work week! The honey crisp apples sound yummy - fuji is my favorite too. Love them with peanut butter.

Doesn’t look like I’m going to venture out today - so guess I’ll focus on getting the rest of these decorations away. Plan on working on my closet and doing some meal prep too, we’ll see how much I actually get done!

Stay warm everyone, and have a good day!

ETA - a few posts came in while I was typing lol -

Austina, glad your dentist appointment went well and you’re feeling ok!

Jimmianne, the horses look so cute in their coats! Good going on the insulation repair, and happy you had water. Your plans for the day sound great.

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, yes I did send our weather your way. Why should I have all the fun? Your ponies look bundled up. Great picture.

Missy, glad Greg got to stay home today. I watched the weather channel most of the day and sure saw a lot of snow. Glad the storm is moving out quickly. An accurate DNA test for allergens sound great, doesn’t it? I’ve done the arm and back scratch tests and a blood test. The blood test was obviously not accurate for me. Great pictures of the snow and cool to see the change. I remember your great snowplow picture.

PierreBear, I generally eat Fuji apples too; I’ll have to try honey crisp. That was good timing for supper. With my stalking app I’ll do that when Marty is on his way home from the airport. I’ve been to Yellowstone several times; it is gorgeous. The Big Horns are a pretty area too. I was still teaching astronomy when they demoted Pluto; I continued teaching “classic” astronomy. Of course the textbook I was using was prior to the change. They have found many minor planets the same size so I get why they did it.

Austina. I’m not in to lamb either. Marty made us (I believe an English dish) a lamb stew one time that had cinnamon in it. I wasn’t a fan. The full moon was Monday night and was a perigee; the closest to the Earth for the year so it was slightly larger and brighter that night. It was pretty. Glad your filling didn’t hurt. You are brave not to get an anesthetic.

Junebug, I hope your snow wasn’t too bad. Darn that the cold and wind showed up though. Good idea to stay home today. I am glad Wyoming is having a spell of warm weather; I know we’ll have winter show up again, and again.

Not much going on here today. Work, lunch with a friend, delicious supper (grilled steak and mashed potatoes) and just watching TV. Tomorrow is Friday!

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie glad you didn't get much snow. I think we got a lot. I stayed in with Greg all day and we enjoyed being home. We played card games in the afternoon after he was done working from home. Hope you got everything accomplished that you wanted to though. The decorations go up and we are cheerful while doing it but it is always a bit sad to take them down...

Austina no way you could ever be a Homely Vore. LOLOL. Be a Pesky tarian with me. :cheeky:
Glad your filling appointment went well and with no anesthesia. You go girl! Glad you aren't getting those awfully strong winds by you either. Still quite windy here this AM. Cmon Spring weather. We cannot wait for your arrival. Only 3 or so months left of winter.::)

Marcy yay it's Friday and your day yesterday sounded pretty good for a workday. Yumm to good food and good friends. Did you watch the current season of Black Mirror yet? We finished it last night and I think it is one of their best seasons yet. Very dark and creepy. What are your weekend plans? And thanks (#thanksnothanks!) for sending your weather our way...umm no thanks. :lol: But glad you are having lovely weather for your area this time of year. I am glad one of the NIRDIs is having a temperate winter. :sun:

Jimmianne Love that horse photo. They look so precious in their coats. Yay for the insulation working and having water. The Cologuard test is good but won't detect if you have polyps so something to keep in mind. For example Greg had a number of colon polyps at his last colonoscopy and they removed them at that time but he needs to be evaluated every few years with a colonoscopy as the Cologuard won't pick up polyps.

Tell me about the DNA allergy testing please.
Did you get that info I sent you?

Hope you are enjoying that good book and that is exactly what I want to do today too. And yumm to chili.

We are spending another lovely winter day together as Greg is working from home. Have a lovely day girls and enjoy.:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9F1FA8B4-D2D8-471C-98AB-1F4D1BB80F6C.jpeg Good morning NIRDIs!

Missy, I didn’t mean to share so much snow with everyone. Glad Greg is working from home today. Cuddle up with your kitties.

Have a great day.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning and happy Friday NIRDIs!

I am really behind :???:

missy - I remember reading that Greg won't be around as much and that you were feeling sad about that. Sorry about that I can imagine how much you'll miss him. :blackeye: I also know you have some medical issues going on in the other thread I'll be stopping by to read it soon. Love your pictures, as always. Hugs.

pierre - Yes! I love Ambrosia apples! (never realized different apples cost different amounts though. Darn. LOL) Have you bought ORANGES lately? Super expensive!

marcy - hope you had a nice lunch with your friend. Your supper sounds delicious. Mashed potatoes...yum.

juney - hope you got all your decorations done and that you were able to get started on your closet. I've been saying for the past couple of days I'm going to take the decorations down and feel a tinge of sadness. The holidays felt kind of weird this year. I wish they weren't over in a way.

jimmianne - OMG! Those horseys! :love: Adorable. Colorguard...will be marking that down to remember. Aren't we supposed to have colonoscopies every damn year after 50? :shock: Shouldn't getting older make things easier not harder lol

austina - what is it with you doing dentist stuff without any anesthetic? I usually ask more lol the second I feel the slightest bit of anything. :D those pie things look like the perfect comfort food.

Speaking of comfort food...pierre, yesterday I had panettone and coffee for lunch. Yes, that was my lunch. :shock: And then DH had a burger and I ate the fries AND the fried onions. OMG.

So...I went for my mammogram and ultrasound today. And I am feeling really uneasy about it. The whole experience felt...different. As in kind of rushed or low quality. I don't know what to call it. The mammogram lady hardly squeezed my breasts at all. And she only had me do four positions. I may be wrong but I recall mammograms squeezing the heck out of my breasts and also doing a bunch of different positions, not just 4. Took a total of 5 minutes. Then the US technician took about all of 5 minutes on my right breast, if that. She spent a bit more on the left but she still seemed rushed. And when she asked me if any changes and I was telling her I didn't at all feel like she was listening to me. I told the front desk person what my experience had been like. I told her that I realize slow doesn't always necessarily equal thorough, but still...I've been to that place many times over the years and it never felt like this. She was very nice and listened...then told me that it might be that the room we were in got a new US machine...and that the girls are experienced....and that the Dr. will let the tech know if she didn't get enough images. But I don't know I am uneasy about it. Plus, one of the reasons I go to this place is because the Dr. who runs the place always sits down with you and explains what he's looking at. But because my appointment was so early he was not even in so I just got my CDs and they're going to email me the report. And the US tech *JUST* called and told me "everything is great. Nothing is changed from last time."

I don't know. Just feeling uneasy about it.

OK girls, gotta run to an appointment. And I have a haircut appointment later that I so badly didn't wish I had. I want to stay home! Plus they redid the salon and it is completely open. No privacy. An introvert's nightmare. Seriously I have anxiety going there now.

Anyway, HAPPY FRIDAY! :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ I am off to massage and know exactly how you are feeling!
Time to hibernate for sure.
Now to see if I can even get out of the driveway.
I would have cancelled, but I simply MUST see another human being today!!

<3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous photo Marcy! It’s ok about you sharing some snowy cold weather. After all it is winter right?
Lol let’s see if I can share this here.

3912ee10b78b013501de005056a9545d

CJ listen to your gut. Talk to the radiologist about your concerns and then decide what you need to do. I’m sorry it was less than a good experience...

Hope your haircut goes well and have a good day and (((hugs))).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I have not checked out that series yet. If it’s Creepy I don’t know if I want to watch it with Marty traveling. I’m fine with creepy shows if he’s in town. Are you saying I can keep my Wyoming winter weather? Okay but you’re going to have to send it back wrapped in diamonds or sapphires. Ha Ha. Great Calvin and Hobbes comic.

CJ, sorry your mammogram seemed rushed and the lady seemed so indifferent to you. Something like that is no one’s idea of fun and a friendly and caring person would make a big difference. I am glad you told the desk person how you felt. I glad your results were good though. I hope you like your new hairdo.

Jimmianne, did you have trouble getting to your massage?

My sunrise picture this morning was the first one taken with the camera on my new phone. I approve. Of course I can’t take credit for the great colors and pretty sunrise; but the picture quality is good. I got up about 6:30 and saw it was pretty cloudy so I hurried getting my shower and getting dressed so I could be ready to watch the sunrise. As I’ve said before it’s amazing how quickly I can get ready if I don’t look at my phone - email, FB, etc.

I had leftovers for supper (the other half of my steak and mashed potatoes) so that was quick and easy. I had dishes done by 6:15. Let the weekend begin.

I need to get my dirty car washed tomorrow and nag Marty to take down the Christmas lights outside. So far he isn’t headed to LA next week.

Have a fabulous weekend. Stay warm!
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there everyone -

Missy, another snow day with Greg sounds wonderful, I’m sure you guys had a nice time. We got just enough snow here to be a pain. Such a cute pic of you on the snowplow. I love the pic of Brooklyn in the 1880’s, so fascinating to see what cities looked like when they were just starting to become cities lol. That Calvin and Hobbes cartoon is a riot! :D Thanks for the laugh!

Marcy, your pic is amazing! The colors are just gorgeous and the picture quality is great. Enjoy your Saturday, and I wish you luck with getting Marty to take the lights down!

CJ, sorry to hear your appointment seemed rushed and not very thorough. It’s good you mentioned it to the woman at the desk, and you could contact the doctor as well if it continues to bother you. Glad you got good news about the results. Hope your hair appointment went ok and you like your new do!

Jimmianne, hope you you had a good massage!

I guess I made a little progress on the closet - although I filled two large bags and it really didn’t look much different :roll2:. I have a feeling this project is going to take a while! I’ll just keep chipping away at it, eventually I should see a difference.

Take care everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

Marcy your new iPhone takes beautiful photos. So sharp and vibrant. Sweet! Best not to watch anything creepy and scary if Marty isn't right next to you watching with you. I remember we watched the Ring (over 15 years ago I think) and we were at the first beach house in Sea Girt and it was a cold dark wintry stormy night and Greg had to go out and get more firewood as the fire was dying and we were right in the middle of the movie. And I was scared for him to go out in the yard to get the firewood and leave me alone plus what was lurking out there. I mean The Ring is pretty scary. Hahaha ironic when you think about the name and our love of Bling right? :lol: Anyway moral of story watch scary movies with someone else and preferably a big strong man.:appl:
Yay to leftovers for dinner and I hope Marty doesn't have to head out to LA next week. And enjoy having a nice clean car today and have a lovely Saturday.

Junie good for you getting started on cleaning out your closets. It does make a difference a little at a time. And 2 large bags are impressive for your first day for sure. I find as the days go on it is easier to be more ruthless about what one throws out. LOL. Hope you are enjoying the weekend. And fingers crossed for a warm up next week but it will be dangerous temps this weekend so be careful. I feel like I have been inside for a hundred days already lol.

We played cards and scrabble yesterday afternoon and it's amazing how quickly the day goes just hanging out and enjoying each others company. :halo:

Greg left at 7AM this morning to go to the tile store and pick up grout etc and then he is heading to the beach to survey the (only) 2 days of work they did before the snowstorm. And he was up at 4AM doing laundry. We only have 2 electric dryers in the basement in the building for now as we are trying to get the gas situation sorted out. So the washing machines here are electric and now we have 2 electric dryers which aren't sufficient but will have to do till we get this issue fixed. Anyway laundry for the most part is done so yay to my dh for getting up pre dawn and doing that for us. Hoping his trip is smooth (brutally cold and icy here) and he makes it back easily. He has a tough schedule next week as he has to be at the house 2 or 3 days and bring Tommy in to Debbie for dental work too. Fingers crossed it all goes well. Is Spring here yet?:pray:

Have a good day ladies...leaving you with photos of HRH as we were playing cards and scrabble yesterday. She wanted her mommy and daddy's attention and she got it. Spoiled princess that she is. She's so purrrrrrrty.:sun:
Course I am a bit biased.:kiss:

hrhlazingaboutsnowyday.jpg

hrhcurlingupsnowyday.jpg

hrhlookingforattention.jpg

hrhsnowydayyawn.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy OMG I love HRH's fangs she is so damn cute. It would not be acceptable to me if I went over to your home and she wouldn't come out. So I would have to hang around a while until she did. LOL not kidding. LOL Are all your kitties shy, missy? My boy isn't - but our girl is. She will sometimes hide for hours if anyone comes over. Takes her days to start to warm up to someone. Unfortunately I am not willing to have people stay here for days to help her get used to them. ::) The once or twice a year someone comes over for more than a short visit is more than enough. :bigsmile: This is how I know I can trust the babysitter though. She likes her.

So glad your laundry is done. And sending a big hug to Greg for just being so wonderful. I hope he makes it back to you safely and you have a nice night together.

Hugs.

marcy I don't even need friendly and caring, you know? Or at least not caring as in pat me on the head and hug me caring. LOL I need caring to be THOROUGH. These US and mammogram techs hold the key to the Dr. spotting anything wrong. So if they ask me questions and I am answering anything that feels or looks different about my breasts, I want them to LISTEN as that may prompt them to look for something they wouldn't normally look for.

Glad your iPhone is taking decent pictures. Enjoy. :)

If you need to nag Marty about the lights get the rabbits and bears to help. Will probably be much more laugh inducing and therefore more effective. :bigsmile: If you set them up with notes, I hope you'll take a picture for us. Wish I had some to nag my DH about the lights AND fixing the toilet.

june that is how it is with organizing! Sometimes you'll spend a lot of time and get a lot done but it doesn't "look it." You did good! And you have to get started somewhere.

jimmyanne having to see a human for a massage is probably one of the things I don't mind having to see a human for. LOL. As long as they are QUIET during the massage!

Thank you all for the words and advice about the mammogram and US.

I am thinking of writing a letter to the Doctor who runs the center just to explain my perception and feelings about the visit. What do you guys think? I feel like a letter will allow me to express myself clearly and thoroughly without feeling like I'm taking up too much of his time during a phone call. Most Doctors seem so rushed and kind of unpleasant on the phone. I bet most hate the duty of calling patients. And this Dr. is OK in person but I think the one time he had to call me he was kind of snotty. You know, when they want to let you know you're asking too many questions.

I just got the report this morning and of course it sounds super thorough. It does confirm that nothing "bad" is seen. They recommend follow up in a year. At one point I was getting these things done every 6 months. Once a year seems not often enough.

Anyway my haircut came out nice. I get the same thing all the time. LOL It's straight, parted to the side, kind of fringy at the ends. Shoulder level. The one thing I love about my hair and I am so happy about is that it's still so shiny. I am so thankful for that. I know that will continue to diminish with age. I didn't even notice anything the haircutter was doing though because we got really involved talking about Mousey. This girl is kind of like snotty sometimes LOL but I love her because once you start talking cats her level of caring and attention about what you're telling her skyrockets. She asked me to leave her Mousey's FB page and that she'll do what she can to share her. And I totally believe that she will. She even mentioned she has one client that deals with horse rescues a lot and so knows lots of animal people. Every time I tell one more person about Mousey I feel a newfound sense of hope for her. :pray:

OK guys, enjoy the day.

Hugs and love to you all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ yes I think that's a great idea to write a letter to your doctor detailing your experience and concerns. I am glad the results are negative and I hope once you write the letter and hopefully receive a response you will feel better about the whole experience and trust the findings.

Yay for your hairdresser asking to help with Mousey and a horse farm is where we found a home for Blu all those years ago but I feel Blu was more feral than Mousey. But hopefully your hairdresser has connections and this will lead to a successful loving home for sweet Mousey.

Glad your hair is so shiny and healthy!

HRH Francesca would come out for you (I love her fangs too lol) I am pretty sure. It might take a few hours but I know she would. She comes out for some of my other friends. Whenever Tom visits they all come out so it is not impossible. And when Callie comes over Francesca comes out too and in fact so did some of my other kitties. And Fred is usually around as he doesn't bother hiding anymore now that he is elderly. So cmon over I think we have a good chance at kitty sightings and snuggles.:love:

(((HUGS))) and love.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have to add this.

calvinandhobbeslaughingatthingsthatdontmakesense.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Brrrrr it’s cold, thank you for sending your arctic winds our way :lol:

@CJ2008 I agree with the others, your health tests are too important for them to be rushed, writing to the Doctor expressing your concerns sounds like the best way forward. It may be just routine for them, but no one likes to feel they weren’t listened to, or that tests were rushed and potentially not done properly.

Wow that photo is stunning @marcy so clear and vibrant. That lamb dish with cinnamon sounds quite Moroccan in origin. I don’t like watching scary things on my own either, although a lot of the time Colin is fast asleep, but at least he’s there :lol: We put our door wreath away today, so that’s the last of the decorations for another year.

The horses look snuggly in their coats @Jimmianne and yay to the insulation stopping the water freezing. Hope you enjoyed your massage, and the chilli warming you up.

Hi @junebug17 well done on the closet cleaning, you sound like me, I regularly fill bags for the charity shop, but there never seems to be any more room:eek-2: I swear the clothes breed under cover of darkness :mrgreen:

Your little black panther always looks so sleek and shiny @missy. I hope Greg got to the beach house and back safely, and didn’t find any problems. He really is an absolute treasure getting up so early to do the laundry, I don’t think Colin even knows how to switch on the machine :mrgreen2:
Sounds like a lovely afternoon spent just being in each other’s company :love:

I like to be super organised before we go away, so today I’ve got out all my holiday clothes ready to be put into vacuum bags for packing. I’ve got a pair of silk and linen trousers that need shortening, so I’ve measured and cut them, and tomorrow I’ll hem them.

It’s set to get even colder this week, so keep warm and safe everyone

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! :wavey:

Junebug, I hate that when you only get enough snow to make it nasty. Either give me a blizzard so I can stay home or rain. I haven’t taken a lot of pictures with my new phone yet but so far I’ve impressed. Getting 2 large trash bags out of your closet is definitely making progress. Don’t you hate it when that doesn’t barely make a dent in the stuff you have?

Missy, I do remember the Ring and it was pretty scary. What a time to run out of firewood. I could handle scary movies better then. I did get my car washed; it looks so much better. There was a long line at the carwash but I had my phone to keep me occupied. It sounds like you guys enjoyed your snow day yesterday. Greg is a trooper to get up so early to get chores done. I hope the roads were okay to get to the beach house. No spring isn’t hear yet but earlier sunrises will start on Tuesday. To funny HRH wanted attention while you guys were playing games. I showed them to Karl. Great Calvin and Hobbes.

CJ, I get you on being thorough; I’d rather they be good at what they are testing me for than make me feel warm and fuzzy. I do prefer people to be polite though. I have used the rabbits to leave notes for Marty; he at least notices them more than a sticky note. As for getting chores done; those lists are titled “honey ignore list”. That way if they get done it’s a bonus; if not I can’t say he didn’t do what I asked. Oh no to needing the toilet fixed. Good deal your report didn’t show anything to be concerned about. I think a letter to the doctor is a good idea. When I kind of went on a rant with my eye doctor a few months ago I felt bad later because I got more upset than I usually would - not because of his crappy optical shop but because of my eye. Glad you like your haircut. That’s nice your hairdresser is helping with Mousey.

Austina, so you are getting brutal cold weather too. Ironically, when I read that I heard that commercial that has the line from Die Hard “Welcome to the party pal”. That struck me a funny. I still can’t believe right now my weather is nicer than most of yours (Patty and Kristie are definitely warmer than me though). I’m good with scary movies as long as Marty is in the house; but not when he’s out of town. LOL that your clothes breed in the dark. Glad you got all of your decorations put away. Stay warm!

We slept in a bit, went out to breakfast, picked up groceries and then came home and worked on chores. The lights are completely down and taken care of both inside and out. Woo hoo! I had the butcher make me 5 pounds of ground sirloin and make 20 patties up for the freezer. I went to the post office, got my car washed and picked up some cash. I need to get laundry going but it might become a Sunday project.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's big dog Sunday
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

Austina yes thank you. He did it all yesterday and was back before 1:30 PM woohoo. Which gave us time to spend a lovely afternoon playing cards again haha. Too cold to take a walk. I'm not minding hibernating while the weather is so cold. It is sort of nice to laze about with the kitties and my dh.
Yes I agree, I am lucky having my darling husband. He is cooking up a storm for us now and he was up super early again today (and so was I) and he kindly washed my blankets that I snuggle into with the kitties when we are watching movies on the couch.

And believe it or not at 430 AM there were machines already being used in the laundry room LOL. I guess one has to get creative when there are only 2 dryers available in a building of over 164 apartments haha. LOL to Colin not even knowing how to turn on the machine. That was me 20 years ago and Greg showed me how to do laundry. I had never done it before and he taught me. Before Greg I sent my wash out. I think Colin could pick it up very easily because if I can do it anyone can. Though I am glad Greg doesn't mind doing it in Brooklyn. I am more than happy doing laundry at the beach where we have our machines right there for us on the same floor as the bedrooms.

Good for you being super organized. And how exciting your cruise is almost here and what a great way to escape the weather. I wish we could join you and I know you will have a fabulous time. I think cruising can be such a wonderful way to explore without unpacking and packing and unpacking when one travels from hotel to hotel.

Enjoy your day and enjoy the anticipation of your trip. And HRH says thank you for the lovely compliments.

Marcy yay for taking down all the decorations and getting a jump start on your other chores. Yay for sleeping in and I am looking forward to the earlier sunrise starting this Tuesday. I love the longer days and we are soon going to be coming out of the darkness that is winter. Though I know we have a way to go. And it also helps me appreciate when our weather is lovely and temperate so I do see an upside to winter weather. I know I could never live anywhere it was always super cold or super hot. The extremes don't agree with me physically. Nice getting a head start on food prep and having backups in the freezer. I remember when we were little and my mom went to the butcher. I think they still do.

Thanks for the kind words and haha I hope Karl enjoyed the photos of HRH. She enjoyed posing for them and she sends a wink and a purry kiss to Karl... I hope you enjoy a lovely Sunday.

We *might* venture out today for a walk and to visit the animal rescues. If I can muster up the energy and fortitude to withstand the cold. I think it is less windy today. Enjoy the day!

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops almost forgot. Sir Tommy says purrrry good morning this fine Sunday to all you lovely ladies reading this thread.

tommywintermorninginbed.jpg

Fred just jumped off the bed but here is the rest of our furry crew this Sunday AM. All of us relaxing in bed on a cold lazy Sunday morning. Except for Greg who is cooking. Awwww. But he did join us this morning for a bit no worries.

3kittiessundaywintermorning.jpg

and just because it is Big Dog Sunday here is another photo of sweet Beatrice the puppy we met this summer at the beach. She is such a sweetheart and I cannot wait to see her again once it warms up and we are cycling down the shore. Big as in big personality. Sometimes small packages pack a big punch.:love:

beatricethedog.jpg

Beatrice wants to know what's going on with y'all and can you come out and play?;))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sir Tommy, you sleepy flirty.

One degree here at dawn and no water. Used my gallon of bottled water to make warm grain soup for the horses, now back in bed in a sunny room eating snacks and enjoying surfing PS.
It will be wonderful to have above freezing temps tomorrow !

NIRDI weather reports? Sharon? How is life in your igloo this morning?.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy. I am definitely going to write that letter. If things have changed at the practice - let's get people in and out - I want the Dr. to know that patients (or at least some patients) notice. Plus it will be my chance to ask for a possible recommendation to either go back to mammo/US every 6 months or to add an MRI yearly.

Kitty sightings :D love it. Hi sweet babies! And OMG that doggie. Adorable.

Hope you make it out to the rescues today. Whatever you do, enjoy.

Hugs.

Marcy - I hate when I go on rants I always regret them later only because I know I'm usually all over the place with the points I want to make. And often I probably look and sound like a big pouty baby LOL. I don't remember what happened at your eye doctor - or if you even shared it - but maybe next time you see him you can say I'm sorry? Or send a brief note? Depending on how you feel. I love going out to breakfast - hope you enjoyed. :) And yes, thank you, I am so glad the hair came out OK and that one more cat lover knows about Mousey. Yay to the lights being down! Mine are still up. But I didn't even ask him to take them down I know when to stay quiet (see Juney, I know too! LOL)

Austina Yes, and especially when you're dealing with potential life threatening stuff, you know? I am definitely going to write that letter. I am the same way when I go away. I like to leave the house sparkling clean. It drives DH a little crazy because of course I always choose to do this like when we have a few hours to go and often I'm not packed yet. That's when all the cleaning sprays come out LOL

June I took down all my decorations inside the house yay Hope you're having a nice weekend.

Anyway girls, going to run now. I just had to clean my boy kitty's butt. He has super long hair back there and once in a while things stick to it. :| TMI I know! :D

Today marks the last day of holiday eating. No, really. I have to start getting back to a better / cleaner diet. I am fluffing up by the minute. I am doing things like scooping out my bagel but then eating the dough :D I had french fries last night and a sicilian slice and half a chicken parm. And I had cookies with my tea. Yeah that bad. It's so crazy how all your good habits can just poof! go away and you start getting a palate for fatty salty foods. I have yogurt in my fridge and I am in no mood to have them because of this. But tomorrow, yeah...have to.

Hugs everyone! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, that’s great Greg got to the beach house and back so quickly. An afternoon of games is definitely a fun way to pass the time when it is frigid outside. I bet that is challenging to get to the washer and dryer with so many tenants. I’ll be happy to have at least twilight when I am driving home. I’ve been driving in to the Sun on the way to work for months now so I’ll be very happy to have earlier sunrises. Pretty soon I’ll be driving home in the Sun. I’m so short the visors don’t help much. Hi Fred, Tommy and Beatrice! They are all such cuties.

Jimmianne, one degree and no water? Good day to stay under the covers. We did have about a 1/2 inch of snow over night. Right now our temperature is 39 but it feels like 29. I think you would be happy if it was that warm.

CJ, I hate when I go on rants too. I always feel bad. I did apologize to my eye doctor that day and the next time I was in there. I’ve been going in monthly. His optical shop has messed up both of our glasses for the last few years and the girl who waited on me the day before didn’t write up my order right. I think they order in the lenses then cut them for the frames; the progressives and distance are usually messed up or out of place. Last year they put Marty’s computer prescription in his good glasses and vice versa. My glasses in 2016 took 4 months for them to get it right. So that morning I went in to personally make sure they reordered my glasses with the lightweight frames correctly and while I was there I asked to talk to the eye doctor about the scar on my retina. One thing led to another and I blurted out I hadn’t actually come in to talk to him but once again his optical shop leaves a lot to be desired. Then it all came out. They ended up putting new lenses in my sunglasses for free. Not my intention to get something free but it was a nice gesture. I still don’t see me using their optical shop again. The glasses I currently have had to get new lenses 3 times but the last pair are great. I told him when I was there a few weeks ago my glasses are great now. Good luck with a different diet.

Marty was up late playing some car racing game on his PS3. He came to bed about 1:30 and got back up since he couldn’t fall asleep. He migrated to the recliner then spare bedroom. He just went back to the man cave to start another round.

I made blueberry muffins for breakfast and am making mini meatloaves for lunch. I was going to run to the store but we had some snow overnight and since my car is clean I’ll just stay home. It’s nothing I need.

We watched American Made last night. It started slow but got better.

I keep forgetting to tell you ladies I did order a teddy bear and rabbit cookie cutter. They are kind of small but they should work for cookies. I went with 3 or 3.5 inch size instead of 4.5 to 5 inch. That seemed big.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results