carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1479384820|4099672 said:
Missy, thank you for the extra pictures, and thank you for rescuing him! That is awful!!

Missy, forgot to ask you, you are the queen of flats.. I *need* holiday sandals in flat version that can go with a pretty dress. Any recommendations?

Hmmm well number one consideration is comfort for sure. I like easy spirit and J Crew ballet flats and they are inexpensive as an added bonus. Pretty colors. As in blue suede, gold and silver leather, etc. I'm on my iPad but when I am able to I will check online and see what I can find sweetheart.
What color is your dress? Your pocketbook? Length of dress? What is the occasion?

I just spoke with my mom. She doesn't want us visiting. She said she and my dad are in worse pain than the last few days and that was bad to begin with so of course I'm very upset and worried. Shouldn't their pain be improving? My parents are so stubborn so I cannot count on them getting the appropriate care if necessary. And now she is adamant about us not visiting today. Ugh.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1479385020|4099674 said:
Missy, thank you for the extra pictures, and thank you for rescuing him! That is awful!!

Missy, forgot to ask you, you are the queen of flats.. I *need* holiday sandals in flat version that can go with a pretty dress. Any recommendations?

Hmmm well number one consideration is comfort for sure. I like easy spirit and J Crew ballet flats and they are inexpensive as an added bonus. Pretty colors. As in blue suede, gold and silver leather, etc. I'm on my iPad but when I am able to I will check online and see what I can find sweetheart.
What color is your dress? Your pocketbook? Length of dress? What is the occasion?

I just spoke with my mom. She doesn't want us visiting. She said she and my dad are in worse pain than the last few days and that was bad to begin with so of course I'm very upset and worried. Shouldn't their pain be improving? My parents are so stubborn so I cannot count on them getting the appropriate care if necessary. And now she is adamant about us not visiting today. Ugh.

My dad is very stubborn like that too, so I just don't listen to him.. If you want to visit them, just go? Re pain, I think that when my dad broke his ribs, the doctors said that the pain gets worse for the next two days or so, then better. And some of the painkillers from the hospital might be wearing off by now.

Re flats, I was thinking for the mini holiday to a warm place in December. I like to dress up, even for just going around in daytime. But I don't like smelly feet, lol. So I think it might be nice with some kind of open sandals, but flat. I don't want to wear heels 24/7... Been there, tried that, ended up taking a lot of taxis.. lol. Dress, probably white lace? Maybe black mat silk. Oh I am boring. Bag - any colour.. LOL. Black (saint laurent small bucket bag or small half suede shoulder bag), brown (chloe Marcie mini), red (chloe elsie), pink (saint laurent). Oh I really am boring - can't even pick bags from different brands :lol:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1479386126|4099683 said:
missy|1479385020|4099674 said:

My dad is very stubborn like that too, so I just don't listen to him.. If you want to visit them, just go? Re pain, I think that when my dad broke his ribs, the doctors said that the pain gets worse for the next two days or so, then better. And some of the painkillers from the hospital might be wearing off by now.

Re flats, I was thinking for the mini holiday to a warm place in December. I like to dress up, even for just going around in daytime. But I don't like smelly feet, lol. So I think it might be nice with some kind of open sandals, but flat. I don't want to wear heels 24/7... Been there, tried that, ended up taking a lot of taxis.. lol. Dress, probably white lace? Maybe black mat silk. Oh I am boring. Bag - any colour.. LOL. Black (saint laurent small bucket bag or small half suede shoulder bag), brown (chloe Marcie mini), red (chloe elsie), pink (saint laurent). Oh I really am boring - can't even pick bags from different brands :lol:

Edit: lenght of dress. Short or long. I know I know.. will need more than one pair of flats.. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha well I think a shopping trip is n order and I am sure you can find suitable sandals/flats. I have confidence in your shopping skills. :cheeky:

And oh no I wouldn't show up to my parents if my mom had told me not to. I don't want her full wrath to come down on me as I am too acquainted with her wrath as it is. Lol. If she says no I am staying away. We will see if I can change her mind with gentle persuasion though gentle never works with changing my mom's mind. :lol: :knockout: ::)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so behind so many things...

missy I hope you had a wonderful anniversary with Greg. You guys look so happy in both the pictures you posted. You are so blessed and you both know it which makes you even more blessed. ::)

So sorry to hear about your parents' accident. I am so glad that they're OK, I hope they recover fully quickly. And I hope if you go visit them even though they said not to they don't get mad at you. Use the kitties as an excuse. Say you want to make sure Zeke is OK. ::)

And the pictures of your kitties...OMG...one is cuter than the other I can't take it.

I hope Greg made it back OK from the long drive. What a heart of gold to go this for those kitties and for you.

callie I loved that you thought of me when you did your hair color. ::) And you inspired me, I did mine yesterday, I really needed it. This time I left it in like 40 minutes as opposed to like the 10 I did the first time and it came out darker. I love it. How do you like yours? You know I went through a period where I wanted to do all kinds of colors but lately I am just loving this plain brown. Although I do get moments of thinking that maybe mixing it with just a tiny bit or burgundy/dark purple might give it the most subtle punch of color. Did you use the same brand I did or a different one?

And what else is going on with you, how are you?

scandi hello thank you for thinking of me. Wonderful advice you gave to Gypsy, I loved it. You are such a gem.

marcy I'm glad to hear the new team member is a nice lady. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

What did you and Marty had for lunch? You always tell us.

And yes I agree whenever I like something and I don't know why when I read the ingredients sure enough there's sugar in it. :???:

kristie hi how are you and your doggies doing. I hope you're working through the craziness of the parking lot encounter OK. I told DH I should get some mace too but he thought the gel kind might be harder to use (as in you have to be more accurate with it).

june I hope you had a wonderful time at the beach and that you're doing great.

rainwood I loved your last post although I read it a day or so ago and don't remember it exactly but I remember how I felt when I read it. It seems like you're working really hard to understand all your feelings and perspectives and also incorporating some of the things that have come up for discussion that are different from how you see it.

I think we've all had to do that lately. I hope everyone is doing it, from all sides of the issue.

As for me...

I'm doing OK. I've been better. Nothing is wrong but nothing is great. That's the best way I can explain it.

On the other hand I have been getting myself to the gym more and taking better care of myself beauty wise so it's kind of contradictory to what I feel. I just needed to do something. And I have a haircut scheduled for tomorrow so I'm really looking forward to that.

Everyone else hi hope you're all doing OK it's almost Friday!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a shopper... I ran out to buy a present, and came back to the office with this (and the present)

Keep?

rodebjer_fw16_ranaja_white_front.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, your comments re heels made me realize that I need to pack quite a few heels also :) I love these, wear them with everything

_38602.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, great read on the system in your country. That'd be my preference. I'm willing to pay high taxes for that society. I'm in the minority in America, that's for sure. Americans, IMHO, always think they are just one lucky break away from getting ULTRA SUPER RICH! "Luck" being the operative word there. I've had friends, family and coworkers tell me I'm lucky. LUCK MY A$$, I set a goal and then I work like a slave until I either achieve it or adjust goal accordingly. Nothing lucky about that. The concept of luck excuses people who don't want to face the truth of their own failures so when they see someone like me who worked her tail off in life, they call me lucky. Gag. I know you feel me on this, Scandi, because you are a worker too.

Love the white dress, I note the shoulder style here is being called "cold shoulder" :lol: :lol: :lol: What is this dress made of, is it cotton? Who does your ironing???? :lol: :lol: :lol: The shoes are SUICIDE ON A STILETTO for me, I can barely wear a 3" inch heel and that is only if I'm being dropped off/picked up at the door of the place.

Missy, I'm sorry to read your parents are feeling WORSE. Shoot. I'm with Scandi, I say go over there and satisfy your wish to really check up on them. They are your parents, yes, your mom has said DON'T COME but in this case the safety imperative allows you to make a quick welfare check. You don't have to stay long, just long enough to check them out and ascertain their condition and their needs (food, pharmacy run, etc.).

June, PUHLEASE continue on with beach fun. SOMEONE in the NIRDIs must be having fun near the water at all times!!! :appl:

CJ, mace, I've thought of that too!! :bigsmile: Big no to the gel for the reason you posted. When I used to play in all kinds of bands that played in bars, I carried a plastic spray bottle of bleach and water; a small one for my purse or sax case and a big one in the front seat of my car. Bleach and water right in a person's face is darned effective. It won't kill anyone or you if turned on you, but it will give you time to get away. I've actually been thinking of getting a Taser but that takes some skill also and I keep going back to my bleach/water/spray bottle :mrgreen: And the dash cams I have (you can take stills with it also and it has a super wide angle on it, captures quite a bit around your car).

Jimmianne, how is fall in Paris? Please have a baguette with butter for me, a basket of croissants, champagne, good cheese, etc.! You are, however, NOT allowed to take up smoking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fred!!! Love the pics of Fred and of course the one that HRH snuck in :lol: :sun: :bigsmile:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, it is completely normal that your parents are experience really bad pain. I went thru the same thing in my early 30's. I can't even how imagine how much worse it would be at your parents ages. I had to LOL when I read your comment about changing your moms mind. Good luck with that Sweetheart and if you find some way to persuade your mom you better call me immediately with the secret to your success!

CJ. The salon I go to uses Paul Mitchell and Aveda hair color. I am vey allergic to Aveda hair coloring products and bring my own shampoo and conditioner because I'm afraid they will use them on my hair. Many customers have complained about the Aveda hair color product so they carry both to accommodate their customers. My hair had been a light brown for a few years and think the darker brown brings out my eyes more. I'm very pale and the lighter brown just washed me out too much. As I'm getting older Im thinking the darker brown may be too harsh, I have no idea what I'm doing color wise now. Experimenting to find a color that works. I'm finding I want the roots darker and the rest of my hair a little bit lighter as it just looks more natural. It's a pain in the neck trying to find what looks best, that's for sure. I loved the picture of your hair color. It was really a pretty color.

Scandi, Love, Love the shoes!!!! I have more than a few pairs that look just like them. My favorite style!!!! I wore 3 1/2 inch heels in NY and found them to be the most comfortable. I could walk all day and my feet felt wonderful. The problem is a perfer the higher heels. It makes me sad that I'm getting too old to wear higher heels. I swear if I live to be a hundred I will always want to wear 4 inch heels, no matter how much they hurt my feet!!! I just don't want to look like an old hooker. I love the picture if the dress you just purchased. Could I ever have fun shopping with you!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, as Issac Newton’s parents used to say “when are you going to realize the world doesn’t revolve around you?” Ha Ha. Rats that your deadline keeps getting pushed back. My mother would usually have sided with Marty too. Marty and I have some similar personality traits; easily amused, not quick to anger, no patience; but we differ in that I am a planner he is not and I am a clean freak and he is definitely not. I bet IT was very unpopular at your husband’s company when everyone couldn’t find things. They have a thankless job sometimes. Good idea to give cashmere scarfs for Christmas. You’ll be popular.

Missy, I am sorry your parents are in more pain. I think that is kind of normal that your pain gets worse before you start feeling better. They usually give you pretty serious drugs at first and your body is kind of protecting itself from the shock. I love the find friends app; it has come in very handy at times. Especially when Marty was overseas so much I could tell at least his phone was active and where I thought he would be. A Beautiful Mind is a great movie. That is sad they were killed last year. Great pictures of Fred and HRH. I love the photos of Fred sleeping. How cute.

CJ, Marty and I both had tacos at lunch the other day. He had 4 - you know trying to reach his 4000 calories a day. He still isn’t gaining wait but he is enjoying his own weight set in the basement. We had burgers, cottage cheese and veggies tonight. He had a bake sweet potato I swear had to be a pound and I had one of those fabulous crusty rolls with butter. Mm. Good idea to get a haircut tomorrow. I need to do that as well. I hope you will enjoy going to the gym.

Kristie, I chuckled about wearing 3” heels if you are dropped off at the door. I’d take about 4 steps and do a face plant. I trust my Brooks Beast running shoes.

Callie, there are places online you can load up a picture of yourself and play with different hair styles and colors. I wish my hair was lighter; it is dirty blonde. If I dry it out in the sun it gets really blonde but I just don’t get up early enough to do that anymore.

The snow came in about 10:30 today. It wasn’t heavy snow but kept up most of the day. I had about 4 inches on my car when I got off work. It was really icy but I didn’t have any trouble with my car. Tomorrow morning should be icy but by noon it should be all melted. My car seemed to do well on the ice.

The new girl seems to be blending in well. We are so insanely busy it’s almost ridiculous. I worked through my lunch which was fine because my leftovers didn’t heat up well.

Tomorrow is Friday. Yippee!!!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good very late morning from Scandinavia :wavey:

Missy, hope your parents are starting to feel a little better today! I'm really angry at that car manufacturer! I love "A beautiful mind! Such a great movie!

Marcy, gotta love Newton’s parents :bigsmile: I'm very happy for you re the new girl! And not very about Marty.. HOW can he eat 4000 kcal and not gain weight?? I gain at around 1800... :wall: :angryfire: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: But the food sounds sooooo good :bigsmile: I like food :bigsmile: Any plans for the weekend?

Callie, thank you for loving my shoes :halo: They are Choo's, lol. (Just a little bit childish... lol) But actually, I find that Jimmy's are a bit kinder for my feet, as the pointy bit is not too narrow. So in that brand, I prefer the highest ones, they are a better fit for the "curve" under my feet (sorry, no idea what that curve is called, not even in my own language :oops: :lol: ) so they provide better support I think. And I will off course pack my YSL tribute's, they are quite comfy too :) Mine are not glossy, but you get the idea ;))

Ooooooo I think we could have had a lot of fun shopping :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: And I think you are likely very classic and classy, so I think you will look really good in heels, no matter if you are 19 or 90 ;)) Which you are not, by the way! So up you go!! 8-) :halo: :lol: The rock studs are actually also very feet friendly, but I don't have mine any more, and not sure I will buy new ones, think I'm a bit over those..

And I love these, might have to buy some..

Kristie and Marcy - these are super easy to walk in! ;))

Kristie, I get the lucky comments too, such crap. I work. And work. And work. OK, so now I don't *really* need to work anymore, but I need to work if I'm going to spend the kind of money that I do, lol. We do OK, and I was born in an "ok" family, so I shall not complain. And career wise, I have had a bit of luck I guess. But I have worked hard to get in a position where that luck might happen :lol: And I was borne lucky if you take into account my OK body and OK head and OK family and OK health. But I'm so with you! Get of your a** people!! LOL. That is the one thing I don't like here. Too many people like sitting.. lol. But I *love* low crime, no (!) poverty, etc. But it really does require keeping a low profile.. Because the other end of "all is equal" is that "we are all equals". So no one is "allowed" to think that they are "better" than others. So we are taking a bit of heat at the moment for making an addition on our house. It is different in the city, but we live in countryside just outside the city. It's ok though. I just close my ears and enjoy that I don't have to lock my car at the grocery store, lol. And I try to help out anyone in the next door community that might be going through a difficult time. That helps, makes people less "hostile", lol. But I will add, for fun, that when we bought a new car, there was a *circle* of people around it the next morning when I drove DD to school and left it alone for 2 minutes to walk her inside.. Had to "ahem hem" to get though the crowd, lol. NOT fun then, kind of fun now. BUT - the point is - I WORKED my b*** of for that car !!!!

I told DH yesterday that I found a dress that I loved but that I thought it was a bit expensive.. He said "So I hope you bought it??" Yes I did :lol: He really is too sweet :) OR.... he knows me too well... :cheeky:

CJ, I know that feeling, most often when I don't get enough sleep. Like this morning. But good news! A "few" ( :oops: ) rice crackers with caviar made it all better! Just try ;)) Joke aside, a little treat like a nice coffee or lunch with a friend can sometimes do wonders! Not to mention a nice chatty facial. I like my facial girl, so I never get out of there on time.. lol. Normally, she will suggest that she does my makeup before I leave because she has some new stuff, and then her next client has to sit there waiting.. :oops: :halo: :lol:

My plans for the weekend: Walk with furbaby. Walk some more. Hope for snow. Walk some more. Eat. Walk. Eat. You get the general ide :lol:

Hugs!

chloe_pumps.jpg

ysltribute.jpg

rock_studs.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you've been following the stray cat saga in the other thread... there's a really amazing update in there.

A preview for my NIRDI's:

img_20161118_022517515.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, that is wonderful news!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

You have done amazing !!! I can not believe anyone would hurt anyone so small and defenceless! But humans are not always so human.. THANK YOU from Houdini !!! He told me to tell you :!:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Scandinavian|1479468529|4100087 said:
Gypsy, that is wonderful news!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

You have done amazing !!! I can not believe anyone would hurt anyone so small and defenceless! But humans are not always so human.. THANK YOU from Houdini !!! He told me to tell you :!:

You always know the perfect thing to say. Thank you honey.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

CJ, thank you sweetheart. I know how fortunate I am and I am thankful and grateful I get to share my life with my dh. And having found the NIRDIs too. Something amazing that happened from something so terrible. Life can be funny that way. Good for you for taking action and getting yourself into a happier place. When I am down working out really helps and taking care of yourself is the right medicine. Hope you get a beautiful haircut today and start feeling more content and at peace and happier. (((HUGS))).

Scandi, love the dress you bought. I am (or at least I was) a shopper too and at my previous job (the one I stopped working at around the time of my accident) I used to have a lunch half hour and I always shopped and bought clothes in the short 30 minute break I had. LOL always. So yes I get where you are coming from and I enjoy shopping too. Not as much as I used to though I think but maybe because I no longer have breaks during the workday and when I am off I don't make the effort to go to the stores to shop. Who am I kidding though I don't have any more room for anything until I clean out my closets. The shoes you are sharing here are very high and while they are sexy I shudder when I think of you wearing them. Please be careful OK? They just don't look comfortable (always my number 1 rule) or safe. But if you enjoy them go for it and rock it as I know you will! I really love the last pair you posted. Clunkier heel and pretty scalloped edges. If they were 3" shorter I could maybe wear them. :lol: Love your weekend plans. :appl:

Callie, thank you honey for all your caring support. You are such a good friend. And LOL you are right of course. No changing my mom's mind ever. Or hardly ever and yesterday was no exception.

Thank you all the NIRDIs for your suggestions about my parents/mom but really if you knew my mom you would get it. Better off leaving her alone until she wants us there. She is not shy about what she wants/needs so don't worry.

Marcy, SNOW. OK well sort of late in the season for you guys right? And you did enjoy some mild lovely weather there for a while. Glad the snow wasn't too bad and your driving was not compromised. I am right there with you on the heels. I would be flat on my face before you could say gee you look terrific in those heels....SPLAT. LOL love that Newton. So wise. Glad the new girl is doing well and fitting in and sorry work is insanely busy. I don't like you having to skip meals. Hope things calm down soon. Yay for Fridays!

Kristie, thank you for the Fred and HRH love. Yes they are photogenic in a way their mommy will never be and I love seeing their expressions. The iPhone takes those action pics and when you press down on the pic (if you have an iPhone) it shows their movements a sec before and after you captured the photo. So cool and I love watching these mini film pics I take of them. :lol:

Jimmianne, love the "new" old terra-cotta floors. GORGEOUS. And so glad you guys could save them. Thank you for keeping in touch with us and sending more hugs and love your way.

Gypsy, I LOVE Houdini and thank you and John for saving him. He is such a sweetie and I wish the people who hurt him to get what they deserve. I JUDGE these people and deem them evil and bad and if I was ruler of the land they would be thrown into jail forever after being beaten and hurt. See I can be not so nice but reserved for those truly bad people and we all know people who abuse animals and children are the very worst of humankind. :nono: :nono: :nono: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I hope you can find a loving safe home for sweet Houdini. Sending more hugs and good luck dust to you all.

Have a great day girls. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty shoes Scandi. Here are some of the flats I like from my shoellection. All summer long I wore my blue suede flats and neutral flats. Comfy and Greg made some adjustments so I could wear them without any issues. I need extra support so he put in an insole and where necessary cushioning around my ankles. These days my feet need extra care so most people would probably be fine without any adjustments. One can never have too many blue suede shoes. :lol:

J Crew and Easy Spirit are 2 of my favorite ballet flat styles for comfort. I tried the expensive name brands but they were NOT comfortable and these work best for me. Reasonably priced and comfie. But of course I am back in my element wearing my boots now. I always prefer boots to every style of shoe and if I could I would wear my boots all year long!!! :lol: Couldn't resist and added a pic of my fave shoe style ever. That is the reason I can never move some place where it is warm all the time. I need my boots! 8-)

_38607.jpg

_38609.jpg

_38608.jpg

_38610.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you honey!! And you look fab (!) in your boots as always :) Will have to check out those ballerinas!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I forgot! That picture of Fred is priceless! He looks oh-so-safe-and-he-knows-it in the sofa picture. I just love that look on an animal :) Warms my heart! And you know I agree re people who hurt animals. Penalties should be much harder! Here, the worst are actually sent to prison, but not for long, and the prisons are more like hotels.. where you can't leave the hotel.. :angryfire:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! I'm going for a walk in the woods now :) Merry weekend :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Scandi, enjoy your walk this morning/afternoon. Today is a lovely weather day here so I think we might be doing something similar as a big storm is on the way for tonight and tomorrow. I might return and share some photos a bit later but I need to get more coffee and also my phone which is charging so a bit later if I have time. Anyway hello from the Jersey shore! :wavey:

Callie, glad you got everything taken care of yesterday re the plumber and it was fun "shopping" with you. :bigsmile: I have to go back and make those purchases as my computer was acting up quite a bit all last night as you know. Hope you have a great weekend with your grand niece and big hugs from me to her and big hugs to you too!

Have a good Saturday girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK got my phone and downloaded some pics. Technology continues to challenge me. For some reason I had to re download my email app to send the pics to myself from the phone. That took a while to figure out. But fortunately I did some more online shopping while I waited hehe so looking forward to receiving some pretty holiday dresses next week. Just hope they fit as I took a guess on size since it isn't a brand I have ever worn before....

OK onto the pics from this past Thursday from work. We had our Thanksgiving lunch a week early.

Sigh. I could live on desserts alone. I love sugar and carbs. All things that cause inflammation for me. Oh well. At least I can still enjoy the smell and sights. And occasionally indulge right? All in (small) moderation. 8) Hope you enjoy the pics. :wavey:

workdesserts.jpg

thanksgivingdessertswork.jpg

thanksgivingatwork.jpg

thanksgivingwork.jpeg

workdesserts.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I started at Scandinavian. Here it goes.

Scandi your shoes are ridiculous!!!! So sex in the city. I don't know a single person that actually wears jimmy Choos. You are glamorous! I wanna be like you. I bought my first pair of pumps in 10 years a couple of weeks ago. And went back and forth about them. I have a wedding in 2 months. And I may be able to wear them with my flares. They were Clarks! Orthotic Pumps. I'm a littl embarrassed next to your jimmys, but a girls gotta start somewhere right? Cross your fingers for me that I don't break an ankle. :lol:

Gypsy your are a miracle worker. And that Houdini seriously lucked out that he can upon you. (Boy right?). He looks so content. It warms my heart to see him so relaxed and at peace in your arms.

Missy, you know I always love the food ****. Hope you are having a good ride. I'm up at 5:45 to meet my girls for a run at 7. It's raining but I gotta go. This trump stuff is making me need to run again. Argh!! I keep hoping I will wake up and the nightmare will be over. And love the shoe pics. This is a super fun idea. I will post some of my favorites when I get back.

Some bling news. I figured out what I want for my reset and I emailed Victor to see if he would be willing to start a couple small projects first. Cross your fingers for me because these little ones are small potatoes and I don't know if he has time. I am going to convert my Jocelyn into a full eternity band and I wanted to add engraving to another band. Just wanted to share here.

Ok. Plumbing is starting to work and I gotta gear up for wet running. Have a great day all NIRDIs!! Much love to you all.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got back from 8 miles. Feel so good!!

I wore pink today! Sunrise and the unexpected treat at our start.

img_0100.jpg

img_13672.jpg

img_13673.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I've been thinking about your parents, are they starting to feel a bit better? It's my understanding it's pretty common for the pain to intensify after an accident and I'm hoping the pain is starting to lessen at this point, or at least they're not feeling any worse. (((hugs)))

Fred has the most adorable face! :love: I want to squish him lol. And Francesca is so pretty.

Love your poem, you really have a talent for writing them! :appl:

Omg those desserts look amazing! Yum! :lickout:

Scandi, love the white dress, it's beautiful! And your shoes are all so pretty. I wish I could wear heels, I'm short and I love the added height they give me but my feet just get too sore even in low heels, darn bunions. :knockout:

Thank you for sharing how things work in your country, it's really interesting to hear about life in other places and I learned a lot from your comments.

Marcy, wow, snow already! I guess it was just a matter of time and I'm glad you were able to enjoy some mild weather for a while. I'm glad your new team member seems to be working out so far, and I'm sorry you've been so busy this week, hopefully things will calm down soon.

Gypsy, I am so happy about the progress Houdini is making and very glad that he is doing so well, you and John are amazing people. I'm sorry John is struggling right now, I'm hoping for better days for you both. (((hugs)))

CJ, I get how you're feeling and I think we all feel that way sometimes, I know I do. Life definitely has its ups and downs and sometimes it really doesn't have anything to do with what's going on externally, it's more of an internal thing and we just have to ride it out. I hope you're feeling more upbeat soon.

LLJsmom, I hope the run helped you, what a beautiful place to go for a run. Your pic of the rainbow is amazing! And I love your pink sneakers! Your jewelry projects sound like fun and I hope Victor will do them for you. I'm excited to hear you've decided on a setting, I hope we can hear more details at some point!

My daughter is a Special Ed teacher and this is a picture one of her students drew of her, so cute lol.

Here are a few pictures of the beach - and a friend I met on the way, he turned away by the time I got my camera out -

img_13689.jpg

img_13690.jpg

img_13691.jpg

img_13692.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, Marty says he is gaining some weight. He is working with a strength trainer who wants him to gain about another 10 pounds and figures he will end up weighing about 20 pounds more than that from muscle. He is sure dedicated to it. We didn’t have plans for the weekend but I could tell Marty was antsy so we went to Sams Club to get things we were running out of (paper products and dish soap) and look at TV. We decided to go to Colorado and check out Best Buy and ended up buying our Christmas present already. The Chloe pumps are very classy looking; and yes I’d fall on my face. Too funny your DH knows you bought that dress. I hope you got in a lot of walking this weekend and had some snow.

Gypsy, Houdini is a cutie. I am glad he is doing better.

Missy, we did have a nice run this fall weather wise. My car is absolutely filthy. The driver’s window is like looking through fog; if I can’t talk Marty in to washing it tomorrow I’ll at least have to was the windows. Looks like that storm really hit the mid northern states. Winter has arrived in some parts of the country. How are your parents doing? Love your shoes and boots. The song “Blue Suede Shoes” is going off in my head now. The Thanksgiving dinner at work looks great.

LLJsmom, how exciting you are contacting Victor to begin some jewelry projects. I can’t wait to see them. Love the rainbow and sunrise photos.

Junebug, great pictures of the beach and the friend you met on the path. I think the picture your daughter’s student drew of her is really cute. That is awesome.

We apparently went crazy picking out our new TV. We had a 55” flat screen and I wanted to look at 60” or 65”. They look so small in the store so we came home with a 75” flat screen TV and I feel like we are setting in the front row at the theater. It’s huge. I spent twice what I intended as well. The TV is supposed to be our Christmas present and we are using it already. I told Marty this was still cheaper than a new watch and a new sapphire ring.

We had lunch at our favorite steak house in Colorado. Marty had a pepper steak and I had chopped sirloin. We split a piece of peanut butter pie; it’s a whipped peanut butter filling with whipped cream on top. Always one of our favorites.

We rented the new Ghostbusters tonight. It was pretty good. They have Finding Dory to rent I’ll have to watch that as well. I loved Finding Nemo.

Have a great Sunday.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

LLJsmom, wow what a beautiful view and rainbow! :love: And I love your pretty running shoes too! Thank you for sharing the photos with us. I am so happy you had a great run yesterday and got the added bonus of such pretty scenery too. :love: 8 miles is so impressive! You rock! And also a big thank you for all your help and advice yesterday. I hope you are having a terrific Sunday. (((HUGS))).

Junie, beautiful scenery! Thank you for posting here. I love the beach so much. I hope you had a terrific time and I think you are heading back now. We are also heading back today since there is so much to do for Thanskgiving this week. The weekend went so fast here. I love the drawing from your DD's student. So lovely. And how rewarding for your DD too. It really is a blessing being able to work with children and adults with special needs. Please have a safe trip back and (((hugs))) to you.

Callie, a big thank you to you too for your advice and your help. With you girls here for me I am the luckiest girl in the world. I truly feel that way. (((HUGS))). Hope you are having a great day with your grandniece and thank your dh from me for always being so accommodating in allowing our chats at all hours LOL. He and Greg and LLJsmom dhs and all the NIRDI dhs are the best.

Marcy, 75 inches! Wow! What a dream. Good for you and I know you and Marty will enjoy the heck out of that. We are thinking of getting new TVs but no way could our homes accommodate 75". Lucky duck! Glad you enjoyed Ghostbusters and are looking forward to Finding Dory. I think Callie's grandniece is watching that right now LOL. I really must get with the program as I am so clueless about all these new movies. Oh are you a Gilmore Girls fan? We are and Netflix Original is doing a Gilmore Girls reunion on the 25th. Woohoo! Greg and I are excited about that. Well maybe me more than Greg but he certainly enjoyed the Gilmore Girls series almost as much as me. And good luck to Marty for gaining muscle and weight. He chose a good time of year to try putting on lbs. I for one would have no trouble at all. :cheeky:

Scandi, hope you are enjoying the rest of your weekend honey.

I am running out of time as we are heading back to NYC soon so will post photos of our day yesterday a little bit later if I can or tomorrow if I can't today. We had a fun day yesterday and the weather was perfect autumn weather. We went to Spring Lake and saw sculptures from the artist Seward Johnson. They are on loan to the town until January. We love his sculptures. Very talented artist. We took some fun photos and I will share them with you girls later. Enjoy the rest of your day and (((HUGS))) to everyone. :wavey: :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI NIRDIs!

Missy, I think a 65" TV would have been a better call for us but we do have a large room here with high ceilings. It's like when our microwave went out we went to the store and then realized I have no idea what size of microwave we have. So we picked the second largest one they had and it was probably double the size the one we had before and it took up most of that counter top space. We should measure first I guess. I generally do like animated movies; Monsters Inc is one of my favorites. I have not watched Gilmore Girls; I will have to check it out sometime. Glad you had nice weather this weekend and went and enjoyed some great sculptures. I will watch for your pictures.

We slept in late today then both of us worked on assorted projects. I swear the stack of laundry seemed to be unending. I usually do something mid week but didn't get that done this past week. Marty put up our Christmas lights today and ran to the mall to pick up some more protein shake stuff from GNC and a wall mount for the 40" TV to hang up downstairs.

I made some blueberry muffins to take in this week for a potluck but sadly out of the 24 only 13 of them weren't burnt. The blueberries were so big they really ran and then those spots burnt pretty bad. I also made a note on that recipe card to bake them 25 degrees lower since I use nonstick pans. I think 13 will suffice though. I am going to make a pan of brownies to take in as well. I also need to get my mini cheesecakes made this week for Thanksgiving.

We had grilled flank steak for lunch and the easiest scalloped potatoes I've ever made. They had the recipe in the paper yesterday - 1 pound of slide potatoes, 1 1/2 c whipping cream, salt, pepper, chopped garlic, a few parsley flakes and grated Parmesan. You layer your potatoes, mix the cream and seasonings and pour over the potatoes and bake at 400 for about an hour stirring a few times. Last 15 minutes sprinkle on the cheese and bake till bubbly. They were great and you don't have to make up the sauce first. Woo hoo! I love easy recipes.

Have a great week.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not the greatest pictures but here are our Christmas lights. Marty didn't put lights on our peaks this year; they are just too high.

img_13705.jpg

img_13706.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results