Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving! dear NIRDIs♥️

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A picture of the sky from the car this morning - and no, I was not the one driving, lol.

Happy Thanksgiving! We do not celebrate, but in honour of you - here is what I'm thankful for: Good health, a happy family, good friends - NIRIDs included :!: - good fortunes and hopefully a bright future! :halo:

The sky this morning was hopeful anyway, don't you think?

Hugs!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel so grateful for each and every one of the NIRDIs.

Today I feel especially grateful for...

azstonie - for your no nonsense way of looking at things. For always offering a website or a book to read to help with a problem. For your humor.

junebug - for the kindness and gentleness you exude. For so often thinking of me.

marcy - for sharing your daily adventures with us, for always offering a kind word, for making us laugh with the bunnies and bears.

scandi - for the many facets that make you "you" - your humor, your positivity, your way of getting to the bottom of an issue with truth but gentleness. Only one scandi.

missy - for your kindness all around, your way of always saying something nice but yet calling it like you see it when you need to. For Greg, too - and for all that you guys do for animals. You just both make this world a better place.

calliecake - for always something nice to say, or a hug to offer. And my partner in crime with procedures :D

gypsy - my fellow grumpy introvert. When you described yourself that way I gasped because it's only a few months ago that I realized that the word grumpy describes my reaction to a lot of things. I had to actually look up different words and when I came across that one I was like...that's it. But for all the creatures...only patience and non-grumpiness <3

jimmyanne - it was a little slower to get to know you but grateful you're here and your posts and hope to get to know you even more over time. <3

rainwood - for sharing your thoughts and expertise with us on so many things. You've helped me on more than one occasion.

lljsmom - for you gentleness and soft touch.

What was so funny when I went to write this is that for everyone - every single one of you - kindness was a word that applied. We all have our different styles, but everyone here is nothing but kind.

So grateful to be part of this thread, this "home" of sorts.

Thank you all for welcoming me with open arms.

Happy Thanksgiving.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving girls and I want you to know I love you all. I truly do. You are all great women who are smart and kind and generous and loving. The perfect people and you restore my faith in humanity in general because I think you all know I prefer animals to people but present company (and a few other humans I am not mentioning here) excluded.

CJ, thank you for starting this idea of giving thanks in the NIRDI thread and I will follow. I really hope I don't leave anyone out!
And awww thank you sweetheart for your sentiments and right back at ya. Thank you for caring about the animals and for caring about us. You are a kind empathetic person and I totally get you and feel very similarly to you in many ways. I know I am much less private than you (because I share too much here LOL) but really that is the main difference and we have many similar sensibilities. (((HUGS))).

Scandi, sweetheart big hugs to you. You are a breath of fresh air and always quick with a smile and happy thought and upbeat and cheerful and you always bring a smile to my face and make me feel more optimistic. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Callie, thank you for being such a good friend and close confidante and always always being there to listen to me cry or emote or just share happy times as well as the challenging ones. (((HUGS))).

LLJsmom, thank you also for being an unconditional friend and listening to my crazy and always offering great advice and support.
You are a terrific mother and your kids are wonderful and you are just a totally amazing person all around. (((HUGS))).

Rainwood, I cannot say enough wonderful things about you. You are smart and brave, passionate and kind. Generous and loving and just a giving person. Your advice is always stellar and I admire and respect you and well just like all the NIRDIs wish you and I lived closer geographically. So many terrific women so far away but I am so grateful to know you and consider you my friend. (((HUGS))).

Kristie, thank you for being there for me through it all and for your generous sharing of your expertise and wisdom. Your friendship means a lot to me and I want you to know that.

Junie, thank you for being the loving sweet and compassionate woman that you are and for offering me your friendship and love. You are a gentle soul and I love that about you and wish I could shield you (and the rest of the NIRDIs) from all the bad stuff in life but I know just having our support and us having your support makes life a little better a little sweeter and for that I am most grateful. (((HUGS))).

Marcy, thank you for always sharing your funny experiences, for sharing all that delicious food and also for always being quick with a kind word and a unique outlook making it possible to laugh and see the funny side of all the challenges we face. You turn our frown upside down and thank you for that honey. (((HUGS))).

Jimmianne, thank you for being a good friend and always sharing a supportive shoulder and being willing to listen no matter what. You are another brave NIRDI who has been through a lot and come out even stronger and wiser and more loving. (((HUGS))).

Gypsy, thank you for despite all you are going through to be here for us and for all the animals. In you I have a kindred spirit regarding the rescues and maybe one day we can save them all. A dream worth dreaming. And for you I wish an easier and happier and healthier 2017 sweetheart. Sending lots of good luck dust your way. (((HUGS))).

Sharon, thank you for being here too. Always a wise perspective and kind heart and someone with whom I feel safe sharing. I hope there are good things happening for you and sending hugs your way.

I sincerely hope I didn't forget anyone but if I did it wasn't intentional and as soon as I remember I will add my thoughts for you here. I have a feeling I did forget someone oy but I love all of you even if I forgot you momentarily OK. ((((HUGS))) and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

It's the beginning of the Holiday Season
And I just wanted to come here and say
You girls are truly the best and the greatest
The warmest brightest spot of each and every day

Your support and love and friendship
Means so much more to me than I can ever say
So just a quick little poem
Expressing how much each of you make every day
Brighter and sweeter and better
In every single possible way

Don't be disappointed
I know this is the shortest poem I ever wrote
But I have to start getting ready for the company
And just wanted to say hey and share a quick note

I love all of you I really do
And wish all of you the very best
health and happiness, peace and love
and a friendship that is always true blue
Happy holidays to your loved ones and you
And the biggest warmest loving hugs
from me to you and your loved ones too

XOXOXOXOXO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For Callie...Greg took a photo after he finished baking yesterday before I got home from work because he knew I would want to share it with you girls. How nice of him! Have fun today honey!!! And I hope your sweet grandniece is feeling better!

applepieappletartandpumpkinpie.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww missy thank you for the poem.

I love it.

(my eyes have welled up with tears a few times already today. I'm so silly aren't I. But this is why I absolutely love Thanksgiving. No gifts, no silliness no running around. Just thoughts of love and warmth and appreciation for all the things that add to our happiness every day.)

(and yes, for me, it's the only day where I feel like I like people in general :lol: )

I forgot a few...creatures from my post.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the furrbabies we all love so much! We adore you more than you know.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1479995628|4102219 said:
For Callie...Greg took a photo after he finished baking yesterday before I got home from work because he knew I would want to share it with you girls. How nice of him! Have fun today honey!!! And I hope your sweet grandniece is feeling better!

Missy, Please tell Greg he is killing me wih that pie! I know how good this tastes!!! Have a wonderful day with your family today Sweetie! Please say hello to your family for me.

CJ, Thank you so much for your kind words. I am always here for you. It's nice to have someone who understands my crazyness!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1480008641|4102319 said:
CJ, Thank you so much for your kind words. I am always here for you. It's nice to have someone who understands my crazyness!

(((Hugs))) Callie. I feel the same way!

(BTW forgot to tell you I was *kinda* looking at the demi color in red violet, you tempted me...I was thinking maybe if I add like a quarter it might just give the brown a really really subtle red/violet undertone. I didn't buy it but you had me looking. I may just try it.)

(It's possible I *did* tell you this already. Lately I find I can't remember if I already said something to someone or not. Yikes.)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am verklempt.

Sorry, I've always wanted to use that word! But seriously, it is the perfect word: I am overcome with emotion from the wonderful posts. I am not going to try to compete. I don't think I COULD. You all captured everyone else so well. And I am thankful for you all, for all the reasons (better) stated already.

What a perfect finish to a great day.

I am so happy everyone has had a nice holiday.

I did NOT think ours was going to be nice. DH woke up on the wrong side anything positive. He was like a thundercloud all morning and I was getting seriously fed up.

BUT-- then he actually confided in me why he was in such a mood, and we talked about it. It wasn't anything I could help. He is going to see his family in a week and... most of them ENTHUSIASTICALLY voted for Trump. And my husband, Rainwood, is having a very similar experience to yours about the election. So he is dreading it. I wish there was more to do... but I am dreading it on his behalf. He is not the type to be able to cut ties with his family and say emotionally healthy. So I am hoping nothing unforgivable happens on EITHER side.

So after that things improved. We ended up having a nice meal at a local place. I was honestly opposed to going out for a holiday. We've never done it before. And it felt... I don't know, morally wrong? I was all ready to make a roast chicken and stuffing. But the house is... let's just say it's the maid's century off and I have six cats. And it was stressing me out, so... we looked to see what was open and LEFT. Just the two of us.

It felt wrong. I won't deny it.

But then... it felt so RIGHT. This was the FIRST Thanksgiving since I was 10 (yes you read that right) that I have not made a Turkey and at least two other dishes,with two exceptions, both of them when we went to my in law's homes and even then I cooked.

It was wonderful not to have to cook. OMG. I couldn't believe it. But the minute we made the decision to go out, it was like a weight had been lifted.

I even let DH talk me into wine with lunch. Which, coupled with turkey, meant I took a nap immediately upon coming home.

We didn't have PIE though. We had pumpkin ice cream. Not the same. I missed the pies (Greg's pies are killing me too). So I will have to make the sweet potato pie I had planned this weekend.

But other than that and discovering that poor Harry has fleas? It's been a great day.

Love to everyone! :wavey: From your other grumpy introvert.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy how awful for your husband
I hope his family is kind about it
I can't visit my sister
She will rub it in that her candidate won
And tell me how dumb I am
Ugh
I hope his family is better than that.
Sending him good thoughts.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maid's century off
Lol

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jimmianne, it is going to be tough. A few of them may be the type, though he has put out a warning that if they want any sort of familial harmony, they will not discuss the matter with him. But... I still feel that even though they may not discuss it WITH him, they will discuss it AROUND him. And while my husband usually has a slow fuse... on the matter of politics it's primed right now. He's a powder keg waiting to explode. And, I don't want HIM to say anything unforgivable. Because I think he could forgive someone else who said anything to him. I'm not sure he'd forgive himself. He REALLY hates losing his temper. He is very hard on himself.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I totally get where John is coming from. If any candidate other than Trump had won, I know most people would have been over the whole election by now. I was relieved we didn't see one of my brothers families for this very reason. He told my mother that his wife's sister didn't celebrate with them because of the election. I know the reason they didn't was because it would have been the only topic my brother would discuss. He makes terribly racist comments and never keeps his opinions to himself. Then he gets terribly offend when he is called out being a racist. I'm thinking a little time apart might be good for John. I have a feeling the Trump supporters may be feeling very different in the coming months about Trump. He is already back tracking on many of his campaign promises. Let's just hope that continues and his supporters realize the crazy things they wanted to see come true are not going to happen. Remember all the "Lock Her Up" chants. He is already backing away from that one and he hasn't even taken office yet. Heck Gypsy, I could be completely wrong but I'm trying to hope for the best considering we are stuck with this jerk for the 4 years.

CJ, Please let me know if your try the red in your hair. I'm already starting to chicken out about adding the red. If I go thru with it I will wait until after the holidays. We rarely do much the month of January. I figured I can try to get used to it in January and if can't I will just change the color in February without it being a big deal.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, congratulations on a non-cook Thanksgiving! I assure you. Those are fabulous! We went out with my in-laws and uncle and cousins last night for a 10 course Chinese TG dinner, complete with abalone soup, Peking duck, steamed black cod and not a gobble in sight. We were served our meal, and no one did dishes. I think it is lovely that you and your DH spent an intimate, private TG together. I do hope that he doesn't take the interaction with his family too hard. I heard my FIL go on about his issues with HRC and I just started singing to myself in my head. You know what? Does he do Sudoku? Get that on your phone and you will forget what anyone is saying to you. Yes, I will shameless hide in my electronics if the company or conversation is not to my preference. This is what I hear: waaa-waaa-waaa (Peanuts style). Consider practicing your selective hearing skills.

Missy, seriously I hope you have a journal or notebook where you can jot down your poems whenever they occur to you. Seriously, I don't get how you do it. But then again I am certainly no artist. Do you...like...compose on demand? Like in Project Runway where those designers are given 30 minutes to sketch an outfit and a day to make it? You could give me a year and I would have no clue what to do. A poem? ARe you kidding? I could more easily prepare 100 tax returns that come up with four lines, the rhyme AND have meaning. You have a gift. You should just keep a journal, and maybe you should consider self-publishing. You probably think I'm joking but I am seriously not. I loved your picture of the pies and food. Yummy!! DD and DH baked an apple pie yesterday. She was her own biggest fan. I told her it was too sweet, so next time she will cut the sugar in half. This time, without supervision with regard to sugar content, she went all out. LOL!! Hope you had a wonderful time with your family. AND... I. WANT. THAT. APPLE. TART. :)

Marcy, love your mini cheesecakes! That big TV is great. We finally moved up from our 27 inch earlier this year, and OMG it makes a huge difference! I don't know how we survived with that little teeny screen for so long, esp with my failing eyesight. And ours is curved too. I love it curved. LOVE. makes the hugest difference. And Tacos?!?!?!?! I love it!!!!!! TG Tacos! That's next year for me.

Kristie, I know what you mean about that wall hanging TV. I get super scared when I see it in people's houses. I am just TOO paranoid to do it at home. I even get scared about hanging pictures. After all, I live in earthquake country. KWIM? Happy TG to you and DH. I so wish I could visit with you next time you come out here.

Scandi, that sky is amazing. Unbelievable. Can you believe you live in such a beautiful place? Thank you for always appreciating it and sharing it with us.

Callie, you are one of the kindest and most sincere people I know. I just could not stand it anymore, in that other thread. It made me so mad. I don't want to bring negativity into this thread. I will say that I had to do the right thing. You are a person I love. When the people I love are wronged in such an egregious way, I cannot sit on my hands.

June, miss you and hope you are doing ok and had a good TG.

CJ, your thoughts and comments are so lovely. For you to think about each NIRDI and say something kind and thoughtful about each one is so uplifting. I thank YOU for that. Some of the other threads are getting so negative, and the love here is just a balm to my soul. There is enough negativity in the world that we don't need it any more. I don't want to argue just for the sake of arguing.

Rainwood, I just bought a new pair of running shoes this morning. My own blackfriday celebration. I haven't bought running shoes in over a year. I am so excited! I got them on Zappos, and I didn't know I had a $30 credit. It was meant to be.

Jimmianne, happy TG to you to! I haven't caught up with the thread in a long time so it's lovely to know you are doing well.

Yesterday, my DS and I ran a 10k turkey trot together, and we stayed together the whole time. Usually, he says he is tired and wants to rest at some point, but we did not take breaks. I tried to keep the pace slow cause he has a tendency to try to take off, but i kept him at a slow pace until the last quarter mile. Then i told him that if he had it in him, to take off. He finished under 54 minutes, averaging about a 8:38 min-mile. And he had gas in the tank when he was done. He loved it. I could totally tell he had the runner's high when we were done. It was great to see. I don't necessarily want him to join cross country because I think they practice too much, 2 hours a day 5 days a week. I want him to still have healthy legs even after he finishes high school so that he can run in college and as an adult with health joints and tendons and ligaments. I think that is the only reason why I have been able to run at this age. i didn't start until I was about 37. I want him to save running for himself.

And thank you so much for all your thoughts everyone about my resetting quandry. I really take all your thoughts and comments into consideration. I know that different people will see different things. And all of it is valuable. Again, it's me being indecisive, and needing to consider every option under the sun, before I can commit. If you ever looked up analysis-paralysis in the dictionary, you would find my picture next too it. :lol:

Ok, gonna say g'bye for today. Maybe I will go out and do some BFriday damage, or just hang out and eat at the mall like the teenager I wish I still was. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon girls! Happy Black Friday!

Gypsy, (((HUGS))) and I love that word. I often get that way reading the NIRDI thread too. Love all you girls.
Good for you having the day off from cooking and I am glad John started feeling better and you enjoyed yourselves!

I try letting political differences roll off me otherwise it would be too challenging to coexist with people if you kwim. Sigh. Wish our fur babies could run for office. :bigsmile: I saw the cutest meme and will find it and share here. It'll make you smile. Show it to John too because I think it will make him laugh.

stayathome.jpg

LLJsmom, I am so impressed with you and your DS. Way to go!!! :appl: You ROCK. In more ways than one. :halo:
I'm glad you enjoyed yesterday. And OMG no way those poems are so silly but thank you for saying such nice things about them. Most of them are made up as I am posting live and in real time. Haha yes like Project Runway. LOVE that show. Good for your DD in her baking endeavors. Again I am impressed too sweet or not. The fact that she is just doing it and learning is amazing. You have raised some great kids there LLJsmom. Big pat on the back to you and of course big (((HUGS))).

Marcy I love those mini cheesecakes of yours. I can taste them just looking at them and dammmn I know they are good. :lickout:
I am paying the price for enjoying Greg's apple and pumpie pie. Woke up with a big fat pap on my cheek. It is so unfair but hey I am not going to be a big baby about it. I will just have to be strict and not enjoy anymore desserts right now. It sucks but there are many worst things in life so I am going to shut up about it right now. Hope you are enjoying Black Friday shopping. I wasn't planning to do any but OMG I just bought 4 dresses and another pair of SW boots. I MUST STOP. I need an intervention girls please. JK. I don't want to stop. I enjoy shopping and it is better than doing drugs right? Shopping is my Xanax. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Callie, hope you and your dh are enjoying the day after and glad everything is going well. Remember if you change your mind next week... :cheeky: :halo:

Hi Jimmianne! Bonjour! How was your Thanksgiving? What is new with your house? How are the renos going?

Hey there CJ, hugs to you and glad you enjoyed the quick poem. Hope you had a great Thanskgiving with your dh!

Hi to everyone else. :wavey:

OK I hope everyone is having a good Friday. I am going to post some pics for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy the rest of the day and (((HUGS))).

thanksgivingagain2016.jpg

dessertsthanksgiving2016.jpg

kissingthanksgiving2016.jpeg

momanddadthanksgiving2016.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving NIRIDs! I am very thankful I have you ladies to visit with every day! You are wise, witty, kind, caring and you love bling. Woo hoo!

Callie, I hope your niece is feeling better. I played Barbie’s yesterday. My sister makes doll clothes and sells them at crafts show. She had a big full of new Barbie clothes for his DIL’s nieces so I was picked the lady most likely in the room to help them try on their new clothes on their Barbies. I am adjusting to the size of the new TV. My cleaning lady asked me when we got home today - is that a larger TV? She is thinking of asking for a new TV for Christmas too. I swear I’d live on tacos, pizza and burgers.

Kristie, we usually mount the TV’s on the brackets that are on the back of the stands and I’ve wondered the same thing - what if it falls off? Marty put the brackets on his wall downstairs. Now both of us can hope those brackets can defy gravity. That would make an impressive crashing noise wouldn’t it? I’d need some Freak Show after that for sure.

Scandi, love your sunrise picture.

Gypsy, I hope you get some more sleep.

Jimmianne, how is your house coming along?

CJ, I love what you said about all of the NIRDI’s. I agree kindness is something that always comes to mind when I think about the NIRDI’s. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Missy, you also said so many wonderful things about all of the NIRDI’s. I hope I can always find a way to turn a frown upside down. If we can find something to laugh then everything looks a bit brighter even on those awful or dark days. I love your poem and Greg’s desserts look fabulous.

Gypsy, I had to go look up verklempt. Good choice! I so agree with you - I didn’t feel like I could top what CJ and Missy already said about everyone already. I am glad your DH opened up with what was on his mind. Hopefully politics are not going to be a hot topic that day, and if that topic comes up and gets too heated that someone firmly suggests to agree to disagree and moves on to a more friendly topic. Oh no that Harry has fleas. I am glad you and your DH went out to dinner. Marty and I have done that on Christmas before and really enjoyed the peace and quiet. It’s nice. Maid’s century off is totally awesome.

LLJsmom, I love selective hearing. I can tune out things like magic; I think it is because our house growing up was always to hectic and noisy. We had lots of people over, coming and going, TV or music on all the time and I liked quiet time and enjoyed reading. That’s fabulous you love your new TV. I don’t think we realize how bad your old TV is until you get a new one and it’s like a new world out there. We looked at the curved TV but I set to the side of the TV and so we went with the flat screen. Marty sprawls out on the couch which faces the TV. He will let me set there but we’ll start picking on each other (like a couple of little kids) and that just leads to more torture for my bears or his rabbits. As a matter of fact that is what started him picking on my bears. At our last house the love seat was right next to the couch and his feet were sticking off the end of the couch and touching my knees. So I picked up my teddy bear and had him “smell” Marty’s feet and then start “coughing”. The bear was quickly removed from my hands and shoved down in the cushion of the couch. All you could see was the face and feet for that bear. That is awesome you and Lucas had such a great time together at the Turkey Trott and I am excited to hear he loves running. My nieces and one of their husbands ran in the Turkey Trott in Houston yesterday. One of my nieces and her husband took 3 in their category. They enter marathons all the time.

Missy, rats that you a having side-effects from Greg’s delicious pie. Hopefully that subsides right away. The cheesecake was quite a hit; I took 18 and there were 5 left when we packed up to come home last night. I am going to make them for Christmas dinner plus candy cane cookies; those are everyone’s favorites so why fill up on other sweets as well? I am glad you are doing some serious shopping too. Shopping Therapy is always fun. Wonderful pictures of the family. How are your parents doing and feeling?

Yesterday we left after breakfast since it was starting to snow here. What else would you expect in Wyoming? There were about 18 of us at my nephew’s house. They fixed your basic turkey dinner plus we had ham. After lunch Marty was giving rides in my car to anyone who asked and I bet my 12 year old nephew is still talking about riding in Marcy’s Porsche. He is very inquisitive, asked about each and every button, wanted to see the engine and apparently Marty took some corners pretty fast that left the normally talkative little guy speechless. The little guy came back with a big grin on his face. Later Marty and some of the other guys went shopping at Dick’s Sporting Goods when they opened at 6 pm. After the guys got back from shopping Marty and I came home.

Our cleaning lady came this morning so Marty and I went out to breakfast after she got here and then did some shopping. Marty got a few pairs of jeans, I got a thermal shirt at 25% off. The I got all sorts of things I didn’t need at Bed, Bath and Beyond because everything was 20% off. I went there to get a new Christmas tablecloth but I picked up this and that while we wandered through the store. But it was on sale!

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend.
Marcy

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I baked three pies -apple, pumpkin and cherry and all of them -for different reasons failed. :oops: So bummed. But was able to unload them off to the unexpecting. :twisted: Still craving for a yummy homemade pumpkin pie.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lambskin! :wavey: Maybe next year? :lol: :D

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy
A sign at pottery barn;
"Spend more ...Save more!"
Amen!

Four more days here. A final clean up, then guests on Sunday, & some sort of "farewell" touristy thing Monday. Train to Paris Tuesday for an overnight at the airport. Home Wednesday to my darling Issy and my dear nirdis.
The weather is changing- getting much colder. The houses are not warm even in summer, so now is a good time to come back.
Went to a gourmet hors d'oeuvres cooking class yesterday. They served mulled hot wine at 10:30 am with samples. Yum Yum
I'll share recipes when I get home.

Miss talking with you all.

Hugs
Cindy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, the pics of the statues are just amazing! So fun! And I am very impressed with Greg's acting skills, he did a great job posing and it put a smile on my face! I think my favorite is him arguing with the cop. :D And you look lovely!

The shirts you posted are great! I love the Brooklyn tee shirt, you should definitely get it. And the kitties look they're really working up a sweat on the exercise equipment haha.

Good for you for making progress on your closets, it's not a fun task and kudos to you for getting started. Omg every closet in my house is stuffed to the brim and I really need to start tackling them. I hang on to things forever and it's just getting ridiculous.

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving, the food Greg made looks absolutely delicious. LOVE the pic of your parents, I'm so happy to see them smiling, they are seriously such a great looking couple. Your mother is stunning, your dad is really handsome. They have the best smiles. I hope they're feeling ok. Your nieces are really cute and I love the pic of you and Greg. I'm sorry your skin isn't cooperating right now and I hope it clears up soon for you. I'm also sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble sleeping, that's really rough and I hope it gets better for you.

And your poem is just awesome! I am so touched by it. You have a wonderful way of making everyone feel special and I appreciate your nice comments so much. Your support and caring nature has helped me tremendously and been a great source of comfort to me during a rough time, I am so very thankful for your friendship. I feel so inadequate sometimes and I wish I could do more to help when you are having a hard time but I can at least be here for you and offer support and comfort.

Marcy, your new tv sounds awesome, go big or go home lol! It looks like a good size for the room. You have a lovely living room and I Iove your rug. We had to get a tv for the house at the beach and since the downstairs is basically one big room I wanted to get a 75 " but dh was obsessed with the tv fitting inside the built-in tv cabinet so we got a 65". I really wish we had gone for the bigger one. I LOVE your Snoopy lights, so cute! And the tree at your old house is just beautiful, it's amazing how big they get. Your scalloped potato recipe sounds great, I'm definitely going to try it. I make scalloped potatoes occasionally but it takes forever because I layer the potatoes with shredded cheese in between and it takes so long to do all the layers. It takes so long I never feel like making them ha. Your cheesecakes look really yummy!

Scandi, love the story of you wanting heels when you were a little girl! So did my daughter, and she still loves to wear heels. Once when she was little she somehow taped her brother's blocks on her feet to make high heels! :D I bought her a pair of shoes with a small heel to wear around the house, I figured that would be safer than walking around on blocks :cheeky: LOVE the meme you posted, so adorable, and so true!

LLJsmom, love the kitty memes, too funny! I'm very excited about your reset and I am sorry to be absolutely no help, I like both options and it really does depend on what you love the most. You can't go wrong with either style. I do think the tripwire shank is lovely, different and has an antique vibe to it. Great news about Victor converting your setting to an eternity! I'm glad you and your son had a good experience running in the Turkey Trot and that he did so well, it sounds like he really enjoyed himself. And I am very impressed your dd made an apple pie, you have such wonderful kids. Your dinner with your relatives sounds like it was a lot of fun, the perfect way to spend Thanksgiving.

CJ, thank you so much for your kind words, your comments about the nirdis are lovely - I feel the same way about you, you are so kind and supportive and I'm so glad I've gotten to know you through this thread.

Jimmianne, wow, can't believe you're heading home soon, I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip - the class sounds like fun, would love the recipes, maybe I'll make them for Christmas lol.

Gyspy, I'm so glad you took a break from cooking and had such a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving, sounds like it was a wonderful day and I hope you have more wonderful days, you deserve them! I'm sorry John is so stressed about his family and hopefully if they do start talking about the election he can just do his best to tune them out and not get too upset about it. Easier said than done, I know. And sorry to hear about Harry's fleas, ugh, you didn't need that and I hope you get them under control quickly.

Lambskin, baking is very tricky imo - one little mistake is all it takes - I usually have to make something several times before it comes out decently! I guess that's why I don't bake very much lol. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Callie, I hope your niece is doing ok and that you had a great time with your family.

Hello to Kristie, Rainwood, and Sharon!

Had a good time at my bil's house - my sil is an excellent cook and everything was delicious - I ate way too much and still felt full this morning! :-o

I am truly thankful for all of my wonderful nirdis, you are all so special and dear to me and I appreciate every one of you. Big hugs to all, have a good night!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Lambskin; rats that your pie didn’t turn out as you expected. I hate when that happens. Hopefully you’ll get that perfect piece of pie soon.

Hi Kristie.

Jimmianne, I like how Pottery Barn thinks. Or at least it is a good excuse to use anyway. I can’t believe you are coming home already. It seems like you just got there. I will look forward to your pictures and stories when you get home.

Junebug, I swear I am going to clean out closets this winter but I don’t know where to start so I don’t. Darn it you couldn’t fit a 75” TV at the beach house. 65” is quite a nice size too. We had to fit entertainment stands and centers as well. We finally bought new stands and this round Marty is putting the TV on the stand rather than using the brackets; easier to change out in the future. The tree out front that Woodstock is mounted on looks like it’s on it’s last leg. Marty said if it looks bad in the spring he is going to replace it with a pine tree. Yeah I’ll have another Christmas tree out front. I made scolloped potatoes that same way you do so I was excited to find a quick and tasty recipe. Glad you had a nice time at your BIL’s house.

I slept in today. Sweet. I am working on laundry and we put up our Christmas tree and decorations. I put all my Peanuts collectibles on a little table; I guess it’s like my Peanuts village. I was checking Amazon for some additional pieces but I guess I have enough already.

We are having tenderloins cooked on the grill for supper.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Snoopy Christmas village.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1480204776.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! I have wonderful wonderful wonderful news!

Zeke and Yoshi just arrived from Montana last night to be reunited with his brother Theo in Nevada!!!!! Now their new mommy is not reintroducing them to Theo just yet and is keeping them separate for a while I guess to give them time to acclimate after their stressful 2 months away. So please continue keeping good thoughts for them and sending good luck dust their way for a full recovery from their stressful terrible ordeal these past few months. They are not out of the woods yet but finally they have arrived to their final destination. Thanks to the wonderful woman and her dh who made sure no matter what that it would happen.

The woman and her dh (I will refer to them as J&P) who made all this possible is not going to be able to keep them because J&P has turned out to be terribly allergic unfortunately. But her SIL is going to adopt them and now is their new mommy and will take excellent care of the 3 of them. :appl:

So woohoo for Zeke, Yoshi and Theo and the biggest thank you to J&P who made this all happen!!!! And also a big thank you to her SIL for taking the 3 of them in after the allergies proved too severe.

And a big thank you to you guys for keeping Zeke, Yoshi and Theo in your thoughts this while time and sending good thoughts and wishes Zeke's, Yoshi's and Theo's way. And for keeping me company and letting me cry on your shoulders about their welfare all these months. You are all the best and I love you. (((HUGS))).

Of course some pics to share. First up, handsome Theo in his new home with the SIL.

theosohandsomeenjoyingthefirenov2016.jpg

And one extra pic of Theo right before Zeke and Yoshi arrived yesterday. And then the rest of the pics are of Zeke and Yoshi yesterday.

And one last HUGE THANK YOU to J and P for making this all possible. You 2 are the best. The best people Greg and I have ever met and Greg and I cannot thank you enough. Biggest hugs and lots of love and J whatever you need I am here for you OK? I didn't forget and I am thinking lots of good thoughts for you tomorrow and I am here for you. (((((HUGS))))) and lots of *******DUST*********. XOXO.

theothanksgivingweekend2016.jpg

zekearrivingatnewhomenov2016.jpg

yoshionwaytonewhome.jpg

yoshiandzekearrivingatnewhome.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Onto you lovely ladies.

Junie, thank you for all your lovely comments and you have a way of making everyone around you feel loved and cared for in a warm wonderful way. (((HUGS))). I am glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving at your BIL's and that your SIL is a wonderful chef. Nice! I hope your Thanksgiving weekend is going well. As for the closets just get started because getting started is the most difficult part. The problem now for me is by going to the beach house every weekend it breaks the continuity of the closet cleaning so every Monday I have to gear up and start again LOL. I still have 4 huge deep closets left and we are not returning till Monday afternoon and Tuesday we both have dermatology appointments so I have a feeling I might not be continuing the closet cleaning process for a while and I am the type of person once I start I really just like to finish in a timely fashion. Anyway my advice is just do it and you will feel better about those closets brimming over with clothes.

Jimmianne, wow I cannot believe you are coming home already but it sounds like your timing is pretty darn perfect. I too am looking forward to all your wonderful stories about your visit and how things went. We missed you. Have a safe trip back!

Marcy, I love your Snoopy Christmas village collection. So precious. It makes me smile just looking at it. Glad you got to sleep in yesterday and hope you made a dent in that laundry and got most of your holiday decorations completed. I cannot believe Christmas is in just a few weeks.

Lambskin, hello and happy holidays. I'm sorry your pies didn't turn out like you wanted them but the fact that you went to the effort to bake them is what is meaningful and I am sure everyone appreciated them. Also we are our own worst critics and I know there have been times Greg felt his pie or pie crust didn't turn out just right or just the way he wanted it to and it was always still delicious IMO so keep that in mind. Anyway hope you are having a good holiday weekend.

We had a good day yesterday and went to Asbury park and since it was small business Saturday wow it was jumping. We bought a wonderful cat painting from an artist we never heard of but love this painting. It is in the car but when we arrive to NYC tomorrow I will take a pic of it for you girls. It has a whimsical 60s feel.

The day was cold but beautiful and I took some photos for you. Hope you enjoy. I will continue more pics in next post as I am having difficulty embedding the photos here so am limited to 4 per post.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and hugs to you all.

panoramicviewautumnbeachhouse.jpg

autumnskynycview.jpg

gorgeouscloudsautumncolorsbayview.jpg

skyacrossthebay.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pics from yesterday. Love the autumn light and sky. Nothing quite like it.

acrossthelakefromasbury.jpg

acrossthelakefromasbury.jpeg

beachroutehome.jpg

coolclouds.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And one last post. Ms Kristie's birthday is coming up but on her special day she will be quite busy taking Finn for his dental cleaning and procedure and she is celebrating her birthday this weekend. So I composed a special birthday poem a few days early so she can enjoy it now before she gets too busy. Happy birthday dear Kristie and sending Sir Finnie boy all the best in good luck and dental dust.

Dearest Kristie
It's your friend Missy
Who else could it be
The NIRDI who attempts poetry

But I couldn't let this day go
Without letting you know
How much you mean to all of us
with a poem expressing our love

Through the years
You've been there
Helping and informing
Advising and comforting
When all things went wrong
Together we were strong

I never had a doubt
Knowing what our friendship is about
Being there and caring about each other
Unconditionally and truly
Never was it a bother
All of us girls together
No matter the miles we are apart
Together we are there in mind and heart

You are our NIRDI sister and dear friend
With us through it all to the very end
And there for us no matter if it's good or bad
No doubt doubling the fun and halving the sad
No matter what happens you always care
And for that we are rich beyond compare

And we are here for you too
No matter what we go through
We have each other
always there for the other
Friend to friend
beginning to end
We will always be ok
With the NIRDIs here saving the day

So today on your birthday
we have to let you know
How much we care
how much we share
the love and our rapport
Your friendship and support
so close so dear
though the miles are not near

We've been through the easy and sweet
and challenging times with possible defeat
We share the joy and cheer
and the times filled with fear
Challenges come our way true
Old ones and also the new
and we are understandably leery
of the unknown and the scary
Of what the future might hold
But together we hold strong and are bold

Will our future be upbeat or will it be bad
Will we end up happy or will we end up sad
But through the challenges of life
and all the messy stress and strife
You were always there for us
Making everything all right

And we love you Kristie
to the very end of our days
And here's hoping that end
is far far away
That there are many decades left
Many more happy times to come
Happiness at times is hard won
But may our life be full of laughter and sun
And together through it all
No matter how hard the life test
we know the NIRDIs are the best

Happy healthy birthday
Hope it's full of love and peace
Hope you realize you're loved and adored
Not just from the nirdis of who you can be sure
but from from all who know you
Because you always make it a can do
And persevere
no matter what you or any of us are going through
You're a special someone dear
And that is why all of us love you and we care

XOXOXOXO
Happy birthday today and all the year through
May you find joy and peace in all you do
We love you we really do

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for my birthday poem :appl: :read: :appl: :appl: :clap: :dance: !!!!!

Bob gets me a card, usually featuring a monkey or three (when I was a kid, our neighbor had a monkey and I really wanted one myself), :lol: :D :lol: Nothing personalized or literary :loopy: so this is so wonderful, Missy.

58. And I'm thinking "60, OMG its looming, how did I ever get *this* old????" Seems like the only thing to do is make the most of it, right????

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zeke, Theo, Yoshi---MIRACLE!!!!

Zeke and Yoshi, they are reconnoitering in a bathroom in the pic??? Lol, and there is Theo in his soft cuddly cat nest, in front of the cozy fire, all he needs is a brandy and a 1st edition Charles Dickens!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Missy, look what you, Greg, JandP did for the cats. :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie said:
Thank you for my birthday poem :appl: :read: :appl: :appl: :clap: :dance: !!!!!

Bob gets me a card, usually featuring a monkey or three (when I was a kid, our neighbor had a monkey and I really wanted one myself), :lol: :D :lol: Nothing personalized or literary :loopy: so this is so wonderful, Missy.

58. And I'm thinking "60, OMG its looming, how did I ever get *this* old????" Seems like the only thing to do is make the most of it, right????

Well just happen to be listening to Peggy Lee and this song is on. Appropriate no? :cheeky:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=edLanoFyv74

Thanks Kristie. Fingers crossed they continue to recover from their harrowing ordeal. :pray:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just listened to this and it is The Official NIRDI Birthday Song---Fark "Happy Birthday!"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results