shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, all the good wishes in the world to your parents! Sounds like they were lucky after all.. But oh such a scare!! I hate that, you must have been so worried.

(Brief side story, when I broke my ankle in a car crash a few years ago, my DH called my dad. Because I told DH to call him to come get the dog. And DH started by saying that we had been in a car crash and I was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital, so we needed him to come. My dad almost killed him, he thought I was dying long before DH could explain that I was OK and we just needed a lift home for the dog.. Only time my dad really didn't like DH... :lol: )

Too long brief story, but the point is: I'm so sorry and that is really scary and tons of dust your way!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1479215320|4098752 said:
Missy, all the good wishes in the world to your parents! Sounds like they were lucky after all.. But oh such a scare!! I hate that, you must have been so worried.

(Brief side story, when I broke my ankle in a car crash a few years ago, my DH called my dad. Because I told DH to call him to come get the dog. And DH started by saying that we had been in a car crash and I was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital, so we needed him to come. My dad almost killed him, he thought I was dying long before DH could explain that I was OK and we just needed a lift home for the dog.. Only time my dad really didn't like DH... :lol: )

Too long brief story, but the point is: I'm so sorry and that is really scary and tons of dust your way!!

LOL yes Scandi I might have wanted to kill your DH too. The FIRST thing you say if there has been an accident and the people involved are OK is that they are OK but they have been in an accident!!!! RULE NO. 1!!!! My sister got the call from my mom who was crying and pretty hysterical (it happened in my sister's area because they were there to watch the girls) and my sister went to the hospital before she called me to see how my mom and dad were before calling me. And the first thing she said when she called me was Mom and Dad are OK but they were in a bad car accident. That IS the way to do it. Hope your DH knows that now. :!:

Thank you for your good thoughts and DUST! :appl:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1479215558|4098753 said:
Scandinavian|1479215320|4098752 said:

LOL yes Scandi I might have wanted to kill your DH too. The FIRST thing you say if there has been an accident and the people involved are OK is that they are OK but they have been in an accident!!!! RULE NO. 1!!!! My sister got the call from my mom who was crying and pretty hysterical (it happened in my sister's area because they were there to watch the girls) and my sister went to the hospital before she called me to see how my mom and dad were before calling me. And the first thing she said when she called me was Mom and Dad are OK but they were in a bad car accident. That IS the way to do it. Hope your DH knows that now. :!:

Thank you for your good thoughts and DUST! :appl:

Yes, DH knows now :lol: :lol: :lol: He was told pretty clearly by my dad... :oops: :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Missy, I am so sorry about your parents' accident and very relieved that they weren't' seriously injured are doing ok and, but omg so, so scary for you and your sister. Big hugs to you, thinking of you and your family and hoping your parents are coping, they must have been so frightened and are still probably pretty shaken up. (((HUGS))), sending healing vibes and comfort to all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you sweet Junie. Glad you are enjoying your beach vacation. (((HUGS))).

WOW. Incredibly high chance it was brake failure. Hyundai Sonata brake failure is a well known issue but my parents did not know.

Waiting on forensic results. But OMG Hyundai NEVER notified my parents about this well known (to them) issue. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Not saying this was what happened for sure but going by what my dad says-and he is absolutely sure he hit the brakes and they didn't work it isn't looking like it was his fault. All I know is thank g-d no one was killed and that everyone will be OK.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/In-Gear/2014/0730/Hyundai-recalls-889-000-Sonatas-for-brake-issues

http://blog.caranddriver.com/hyundai-recalls-305000-sonatas-for-brake-pedal-defects/

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Kristie, I am relieved you found another lawyer. I hope this is all a bad memory for you soon with a happy ending.

Scandi, rats you have another deadline and have to listen to a bunch of ideas. Sounds like how Marty’s day usually goes. Of course you will survive; NIRDI’s do that. Every day. I can see why your dad would be worried by your DH’s phone call. So sorry you broke your ankle in that accident. Marty and I were having a pillow fight once time and the oversized pillow case swung around in my face and the corner seam hit me in my eye taking a chip out of my cornea. I stayed home thinking I’d get better but it was awful and I couldn’t stop crying so I called my mom and said “Marty hit me in the eye can you take me to the doctor?” Marty was thrilled with me that I told my mom that. Luckily my mom was a calm person and asked me what exactly happened instead of putting a hit out of my DH. I think in those stressful situations we just kind of blurt things out.

Gypsy, I am glad you are stopping in to let us know how you are doing. I hope things start turning around for you and you DH soon.

Missy, oh no! I am so sorry to hear about your parent’s car accident. I am sure they are still quite shook up over such a traumatic experience. I am glad no one was killed; it sounds like a horrible accident. Very scary. I am glad they weren’t hurt too bad. I am with you on being angry when you see someone mistreating someone else or an animal. There used to be about 10 of us who would go out to eat after our astronomy club meeting and this one guys wife was always rude and condescending to our waiters. I always tipped them very well hoping that would make up for it and be extra nice to courteous to them. I agree Apple accessories aren’t cheap. I remember the Mac Air charger was a bit iffy at times. The Mac Book Pro I just turned in was magnetic; it was just kind of snap in once you got near the plug. This new one has a small charger and it works going either direction. I have to order adapters for this laptop since it doesn’t have a standard USB port or SD card reader. Marty wants it to have HDMI output as well. My SIL left Sunday night. She is going to spend Christmas with us though so that will be nice. Her sons are in the Seattle area but she must not want to fly there for the holidays. Your sister did handle calling you the right way. One time the spring on our garage door broke and I was stuck at home. I called Marty and left a message on his phone “the garage door broke and I need you to come home”. He called me and asked “is the car okay?” I’m like “What? You are worried about the car and not me?” He said well you were able to call me and you weren’t crying so I assumed you were fine. Lucky for him I bought that explanation, right? How completely and utterly awful Hyundai knows they have faulty brakes!

June, are you still enjoying time at the beach? I keep looking at your pretty flower picture.

My boss moved that lady in to my team today. Surprise. She made a mistake that he caught with 30 minutes to spare so he decided the time was now.

The weather was gorgeous here today. We were in the 70’s. I rebelled and didn’t wear a sweater or jacket to work. Ha! Thursday I’ll be digging out my parka or wool coat.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy! OMG your parents!! What a fright!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls :wavey: :wavey:

Missed the "new" deadline yesterday, the team had forgotten something and there was just not enough time between me and midnight to fix it. So I kind of got us an extended deadline. Kind of being the key to that sentence, lol.

Missy, how are your parents??

Marcy, thank you for that commercial, I just loved it!! But I was a little sad that they were not met by teddy bears.. lol.

Gypsy, I'm so sorry honey. How are you doing today? Hope you have started climbing that hill again, I can feel the positive vibes in the air today! It's almost Christmas !! :halo: :bigsmile: :halo:

I LOVE Christmas, almost as much as I love snow :) And I'm not going to work (too much) this weekend, so snow - here I come! (It's actually raining today.. but I think some of the snow might survive...)

Rainwood, I like your "stories", for me, what you are going through now is a little surreal. But I do understand, especially when I try to put it in a historical perspective.

June, how is beach life?

Sunstorm, how are you?

Kristie, I'm very happy that you will be putting this behind you and move forward. Sometimes, that is all that counts.

Jimmianne, how is the house doing? And please feel free to take a trip up north if you get bored ;))

CJ, how are you doing?

Callie, is your tooth all better now? Hope so. I hate dentists.

Hugs!

3-2-1 WOOOOOOOORK...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Scandi, good luck with work today. Hope you accomplish all your work goals. Yay for Christmas and holiday snow. I am looking forward to it too. Well not too much snow please for us because it hinders us traveling and I want to be at the beach house during the holidays. Except for Hanukah which we are spending with my parents at their house.

Marcy, good news about your new team member. Hope she turns out to be the help you need. Love the commercial. LOL on the garage door/Marty story. Men. Wow amazing weather by you. Enjoy it. How fun that your SIL will be spending the holidays with you. I cannot believe the holidays are almost here. That means spring is not too far away LOL. Mainly I am looking forward to when the days get longer and lighter again and once the end of Dec passes the days start the climb out of the darkness. Hope you get to rebel all week and don't need to wear your coat for a while.

Hi Gypsy, yes it was a fright and my parents are all beat up. My mom was in a lot of pain yesterday so much so that when I spoke to her she was fuzzy from the pain meds. I hope she is not overdoing it on the meds. She is stubborn beyond belief. I am so glad Grumpy is doing well. And glad you are feeling supported and loved. (((Hugs))).

Greg just left for work because he has to go to the beach house later and refill the feral feeder. The cost of tolls and gas and the time it takes to go to there to feed the ferals. But they are worth it. Though I am not crazy about Greg making the long trip there back and forth without me every week especially in light of my parents car accident. I am more worried than usual with the long round trip car trip so fingers crossed he makes it back safely and the feral cats are doing OK with winter coming.

Have a good Wednesday girls. (((HUGS))).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Missy, I'm continuing to keep your parents in my thoughts and am so sorry your mother is in pain and I hope and pray it lessens for her soon. I'm thinking of you too, I can only imagine how hard the past few days have been for you, ((((hugs)))) It's awful your parents were never notified about the break issue. :nono:

I hear you on being concerned about our loved ones driving - I get very stressed about my kids being on the road, to the point where sometimes the anxiety stops me in my tracks. I worry about dh too but not as much, I guess because he's a more experienced driver. What can we do, everyone has to get to various places somehow but I understand how you feel. So nice of Greg to do all that driving to help the kitties.

Scandi, so sorry you're going through a stressful and busy time at work, good luck and I hope things get worked out soon.

Marcy, I'm hoping your new employee works out well. Congrats on getting a new computer! Sounds like a few things are different but I guess that's par for the course when getting a new device. Glad you had a good visit with your sil and it's great she'll be with you for Christmas. I can't believe the holiday season is almost upon us - I'm determined not to wait until the last minute to do Christmas shopping this year. Wow, it's nice that the weather is so mild in Wyoming right now!

Kristie, I'm really glad this terrible episode is going to be resolved so you just don't have to worry about it anymore and can move on with your life.

Gypsy, thinking of you, you are dealing with so much and I'm glad you are finding ways to cope - please keep reaching out, life is so hard sometimes and getting support from others can really help.

Having a nice time at the beach, will be here until Sunday and then back to reality - dh had to go to Amsterdam for a few days and will be back tomorrow - the heat isn't working on the first floor so the various repairmen who have been showing up have been keeping me company lol.

Jimmianne, hope you're having fun decorating your house!

Sending good thoughts to all, will check in soon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there Junie. Thanks for checking in with us and asking about my parents. My mom is sleeping a lot right now. Just spoke with my dad. Hope you enjoy the rest of your visit honey!

I was just working out a poem in my head while I was working out this AM and it is sappy and rough around the edges but I will share it with the NIRDIs. Just working out stress and thoughts running through my head and it helps me just to put my thoughts to paper.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Hope you enjoy the poem.

People can be cruel and mean
Racist, bigoted and full of hate
Against people for senseless reasons
Judging others based on religion, gender and race

Hating those who are challenged
physically or mentally
For other reasons that are unseen
For things that just don't matter
That don't make a person who they are

I know there are more people in this world
who are compassionate and kind
Open, loving and inclusive of everyone
These are the ties that to us all do bind
We reject those thoughts and behavior nasty and unkind

Sadly Trump's win sets us back
But only temporarily
In will and strength we do not lack
Our spirit will fight and overcome
And we all will see eventually
The glory that this world can truly be

The bad guys will not win
We will once again see the sun
Humankind and humanity
will live for another day
Where every person can enjoy a say
Where for us all there will be equality
Not just for the privileged few
And where life can be sweet
And we can begin anew

Where for everyone we meet
There is hope and peace
Kindness and caring that is sweet
Where we can live
surrounded by acceptance
It's the only thing
that has ever made any sense

So don't give up this good fight
Summon all your strength, all your might
Hold steady, hold strong
The kind and loving
will always prevail
against evil, hate and wrong

It will take energy, perseverance
and yes lots of time
But the win of good over evil
will be yours and will be mine
Because we will never turn our backs
to people who behave this way
We will overcome and fight against it
and remain steadfast and strong
for the hope of a better day

And I know in my heart
that day will come
When good has won
When hate is gone
And love is all around

Brotherhood, sisterhood
and equality for us all
It's an order that seems
at this moment very tall
But it will be ours one day that I know
And it starts with us right now
showing who we are to the foe
We will never let hate prevail or prejudice win
When it comes right down to it we know
We are all truly kin

Here's hoping that future is here
sooner rather than later
I know eventually the world
will be less full of the haters
Where love and peace will eventually hold
where it is love and acceptance that is in our hearts and soul

Where we can revel in our differences and diversity
That rather than separating us
These differences will make us stronger and whole
And we will live in peace and harmony
together helping and sharing more of the highs (but also the lows)

The world will be a better place
We just can never give up working for that day
So hold strong and brave
Be steadfast in the moment
We have each other to save
To lean on and take strength

Courage and love will win
In the face of prejudice and hate
And we will be ok
I know we will see that day
And future for all of us
And for that we will never give up

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls,

Sorry for the brief posts. Just wanted to recommend a movie: The wave. I think it is from 1981.

EDIT: Missy -> poem <3

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally awesome poem, Missy.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I'm posting here instead of in that other thread, as "Missy's safe house" feels a little bit more private. I think you should tell your DH that he *is* your rock, and that all you need is him by your side. Men can be a bit weird... They like to be the one that "supports the family", "brings bread to the table" etc. Even my DH - who is a very flexible guy - gets a little green in the face when I say that he can stay home with the kids and I can work, lol. So I think the best thing you can do for him - apart from finding him a job - is to actually need him, depend on his strength, show him, tell him. It's remarkable what a little bit of admiration can do sometimes - and you really don't have anything to lose by trying?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - and all the rest of you girls - I love the NIRDI thread. Just wanted to tell you. Only place on earth where everybody are nice. And if I say something stupid, I know you will take it the best way possible, lol but not kidding.

Hugs!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Scandinavian|1479332614|4099439 said:
Gypsy, I'm posting here instead of in that other thread, as "Missy's safe house" feels a little bit more private. I think you should tell your DH that he *is* your rock, and that all you need is him by your side. Men can be a bit weird... They like to be the one that "supports the family", "brings bread to the table" etc. Even my DH - who is a very flexible guy - gets a little green in the face when I say that he can stay home with the kids and I can work, lol. So I think the best thing you can do for him - apart from finding him a job - is to actually need him, depend on his strength, show him, tell him. It's remarkable what a little bit of admiration can do sometimes - and you really don't have anything to lose by trying?

That is exactly what is going on with him. I will do as you say, wise one. And thank you, you are a huge source of support and caring.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1479319786|4099332 said:
Hi girls,

Sorry for the brief posts. Just wanted to recommend a movie: The wave. I think it is from 1981.

EDIT: Missy -> poem <3

My last year of college, 1981, and I did see The Wave. Excellent movie! Thumbs up!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, loved your epic poem :appl: :wavey: You must have been a troubador or a jongleur in a prior life---this would explain why I feel that you are my peeps and also why you favor tunics and tights!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Love ya, Missy!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1479332728|4099442 said:
Missy - and all the rest of you girls - I love the NIRDI thread. Just wanted to tell you. Only place on earth where everybody are nice. And if I say something stupid, I know you will take it the best way possible, lol but not kidding.

Hugs!!

Scandi, you've not said a stupid thing on PS, not even ONCE :angel: :saint: :saint: But you're right, the best friends are people who always assume the BEST about you and what you're saying.

May I ask, do you live in Sweden? (You of course need not answer.) I ask you this because in Anchorage I worked with a woman whose mother and father were from Sweden and they told me they came to the US because no matter how hard a person worked, one could not become rich, well off, whatever term means getting ahead financially in life. They said because of the social welfare system they were spinning their wheels there. They were very hardworking people. My friends mom was a seamstress who did the most AMAZING things with fabric and a needle, and also at her house I saw my very first MANGLE, which she said was a Swedish home staple :lol: :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohmygoodness Missy! That poem is amazing. I have always admired poets and you are sooooo a serious poet. What a gift you have. To have that command of the English language, and to be an artist to boot, all combined into one.

Thank you for sharing that. It seems like you have found a beautiful, strong, powerful way to express your feelings. I wish more people could read it. It has given me strength, just to see those feelings just put out there, KWIM?

I'm glad your parents are ok. But I am so sorry they had such a fright. It's scary to even think about. I hope you're ok.

Hi everyone. It's taken my some days to process what has happened, and I think I will continue to do so. Sometimes I have to shut it away in another part of my brain.

Thank you all for sharing your lifes here. I am so bad a remember what is going on with who, so I am sorry I don't comment much. You are all awesome women.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs@

Scandi, I hope your project is all finished now. I thought the same thing for the ending of the commercial. Cute teddy bears. Christmas will be here soon. We are expecting snow tomorrow.

Missy, my new team member came up to me after work and said thank you and it’s a good fit for her. I hope it works out well for her. She is a very nice lady. I drove home in complete darkness today; it seemed like the headlights in my side mirrors were nailing me right in the eye. Just the right angle I guess. I would rather drive in daylight for sure. How are your parents doing today? Do you and Greg use the Find Friends app? I like it when Marty is on the road. Greg is such a wonderful guy to drive to the beach to feed the kitties. You have some lovely thoughts in your heartfelt poem.

June, I am enjoying my new computer. I need to start thinking about Christmas too. I used to have all my shopping done by September. What the heck happened to me? Of course I don’t buy for as many people as I used to years ago. I hope they get your heat working.

Jimmianne, how is the house coming along?

Gypsy, I think guys can sometimes take things worse than us ladies because we tend to let our feelings out for air sometimes. I hope things turn around for both of you soon. Big Hugs to both of you.

Kristie, I will have to check out The Wave.

The highlight of my day was meeting Marty for lunch. It felt good to get out of the office for a while. I picked up a few dozen cookies to take back to work so I made friends that way.

I spent most of my day trying to test an updated system of our applications but they couldn’t get a sample file in our test bed for me to use. I think that wasted about 1/2 of my day.

I had breakfast for supper. I tried some of Marty’s natural, unsmoked bacon and must say I didn’t care for it. It seemed very salty to me. I gave him my second piece. I must like that cured bacon since it has sugar on it.

Snow is coming tomorrow. Oh no!
Have a fabulous Thursday.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls :wavey:

Deadline still not met. So now I'm just going to roll with it. Apparently, I don't control the universe. Have to admit, that was a wee bit of a shock for me.. But I'm trying to adjust :lol:

Marcy, OMG to your pillow story! My mother probably would have sided with my DH, asking why I had put my face in the way of his pillow :lol: I have a lot of temper, he does not :lol: I have a short fuze, he does not :lol: I can stay angry for ages, he does not :lol: You get the idea... :whistle: Hope the new lady turns out to be a great addition to the team! Or has she proved otherwise already..? LOL. No jacket?? Oh, the winter is so coming to get you... :Up_to_something: Re men, I'm sure Marty loves you... but you heal on you own... the car on the other hand - would be expensive... :lol: Oh now for that updated system that did not work! My DH had something similar at work earlier this week - new system for filing - could not find a thing. Not just him, nobody could find anything! Think IT was a bit unpopular that day...

Missy, have you found out anything more re brakes? That is so scary and so unacceptable!! Maybe you could get rich after all.. and buy that diamond without giving up Bea.. Hope you get just enough snow for a white Christmas at the beach :) I'm very sorry that your mother is in pain. Loved you poem, as I always do. I think Greg will be fine re the driving. He is a good driver, I'm sure. Otherwise, as you are kind of like me...?, you would have kept pestering him until he was, lol. He - and you - are very kind for taking care of the ferals. Oh I wish I could do more for the animals. I donate money off course, but you know. I absolutely HATE the fur industry. Wish I could shut it down. Maybe I'll try next year.

Gypsy, pictures of Grumpy please..?

Kristie, furbaby told me to send a ton of hugs to Maggie and Fred. She would like to meet them ;)) Let me try to describe our "system" here.. Please ask again any and all that are interested, I'll try to explain. The tax rates are perceived as rather high. Not so much so for companies, but for individuals. On the plus side, we do have a *very* generous "system"; schools, health, welfare, retirement homes, you name it - we have got it. But the "system" is *very* expensive. And the general idea behind it is that the difference between rich and poor should be evened out, today but also over time. We do have a few RICH families, some new, some old. But it is VERY difficult to become that kind of rich. What is called "wealthy" here is possible, regardless of family money. Education is almost free, and you can get very favourable student loans - which everybody gets because they are so favourable - so education is available to anyone with the brain and/or interest for it. If you want to earn more money than average, you basically have three choices. Being very good at some sort of buy-sell, develop something new (IT companies for example) or get an education and work really hard for it. If you are lucky, you can then get wealthy. By that, I mean big house wealthy, not servants and yachts wealthy. (Salary levels are kind of even - a doctor makes about 2 times more than a teacher, and 3 times more than someone without education.) But if you have a superb education with superb grades and get a job in a superb company - you can get by just fine. But that is the key here - we all get by just fine ;)) So it really depends on your idea of rich. Hollywood rich - forget it. Not from hard work. That is either from taking big investment risks and/or family money. Then again, that is now. If they for example moved after WWII - things were different. Europe was rebuilding and there was no excess of anything for anyone. You can't build a house with money - you actually need building materials.. :lol: (IMHO - the welfare system here has gone too far - we get a lot of freeriders because the difference between the low-pay jobs and the welfare benefits is too small)

Junie, oh no to the heat not working and repairmen.. I'm starting to hate any and all kind of "workers". The ones we have now are really good, just really tired of having them around all the time. I fell like I trip over a worker even if I'm just going outside to "air the dog" as we call it here, lol. Hope the problem worked out and that the heat is back on?

Re Christmas shopping - I have cheated this year, lol. Bought a ton (!) of cashmere scarfs in Edinburg in May, lol. So guess what everybody is getting...

Hello LLJsmom :wavey: Love your pictures :)

Jimmianne :wavey: miss you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Scandi, thank you sweetheart. I appreciate the love. I am sorry the project is not complete yet but as you wrote there are things beyond your control and you cannot take care of every aspect of this so you do the best you can and have to rely on others to get there too. Good luck finishing it and big hugs to you.

I will check out the movie The Wave from 1981. Thank you for recommending it.

No new info re car accident and what caused it. My parents are still pretty beat up. If my mom allows us to and is up to it we will visit her after work today I think. I cannot believe next week is the USA's thanksgiving. How did it get here so fast and now logistics are making it challenging re getting my parents to and from us because we won't have time enough to pick them up and take them home. It is a long exhausting day by us. There is always car service that is true but I hate putting them in a car service if you kwim.

Scandinavian|1479332728|4099442 wrote:

Hugs!!

And you have never said anything stupid here or in any other correspondence with me. Ever. And I love this thread and it is a safe haven for all of us. It is our happy place even when unhappy things happen. It feels safe and warm and our soft place to fall and find comfort love support and advice. (((HUGS))).

Jimmianne, honey, Hi there! I am so glad you are having a wonderful time and we miss you. Thank you for commenting on the poem. I am a bit embarrassed because it is rough but I didn't want to tinker with it and just wrote it from the heart. Thank you for taking the time to read and post long distance. Please keep visiting us and post when time and energy and internet allows.

LLJsmom, aww thank you sweetheart! You are so kind and generous. LOL I was very hesitant to share since I know it could be much better but decided since it was from my heart and I am feeling bad about the election just to hit send and share with you girls. Now I am glad I did. Thank you for reading it. I know I tend to go on and write long posts and poems and you girls are the best to actually go to the effort in reading them. I am hoping and in my heart believe somehow we will all be OK. I have to believe that and hope we all come together to make it work. Despite our President Elect and his new hires. (((HUGS))).

Marcy, I forgot all about the Friends App. I will have to check that out. Thank you for reminding me. I don't drive in the dark because my vision is impaired when it is dark and truthfully my last eye exam with refraction was probably over a decade ago so my Rx is outdated. And even during the daylight I have some difficulties. Of course it is preferable for when I look at myself in the mirror so I am not rushing to do anything about that hahaha. We watched A Beautiful Mind last night. Good movie. Sad because the Nashes died in a car accident last year. They were in a cab on the NJ turnpike and not wearing seat belts (they were in back seat of cab and I never wear seat belts there either and in fact I doubt most cabs even have them working in back seat) and they were thrown from the car and died instantaneously I think. So sad. Anyway not a good topic of discussion right now but the movie was very good. Glad your new team member is working out so far and hope that continues. Oh no to snow for you tomorrow. Stay safe and drive carefully!

Kristie, haha thank you girlfriend and right back at ya. Love to HRH Maggie and Sir Finnie Boy. And I love how empty your Costco is. No matter what day or time of day we go it would never be that empty. LOL living in Arizona has some advantages. :bigsmile:

Gypsy, hope things are continuing to go more smoothly and hugs to you and J and G and all the rest of the fur baby crew.

Callie, love that cute outfit you picked out for H. Hope you are getting a good night's sleep right now after your fun but exhausting day. (((HUGS))).

Junie, sending good travel dust to your dh for his safe arrival back to you today and I hope the heat situation is all sorted out and fixed now. We are going to be needing heat soon I think. (((HUGS))) and enjoy the rest of your beach vacation.

Have a good day girls. Hugs and love to all of you. :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, apologies to Finn. Not Fred. Finn. (I was kind of thinking about Fred Astaire and got mixed up, perhaps when you tell him that he will forgive me.. )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, of course Sir Finnie boy will forge you. Anyway my sweet Fred says hello and he quite likes the Fred Astaire analogy. :cheeky:

fredrelaxingatbeachhouse.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww Fred sure is sweet!!! He looks like a little person, so much expression in those eyes! Telling him to rub his ears or something. Or just telling you to get out of the way, I don't speak cat... :lol: If he was a dog, he would be saying: you are annoying! pet me! or just leave me alone so I can have a nice little nap!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian said:
Awwww Fred sure is sweet!!! He looks like a little person, so much expression in those eyes! Telling him to rub his ears or something. Or just telling you to get out of the way, I don't speak cat... :lol: If he was a dog, he would be saying: you are annoying! pet me! or just leave me alone so I can have a nice little nap!

Hahaha I think you speak perfect cat. :lol:

More recent Fred photos if you don't mind. Love our sweet elderly kitty. He's a love and he has come so far. When we got him in 2002/3 he was a terrified kitty. He had been though so much. As a blood donor kitty for so long at the animal clinic before we rescued him. He was so scared of everything and everyone it was heartbreaking. Now he is a furry ball of love. To us anyway. Not to anyone else but that's ok. He knows he is safe and loved very much.

And can't resist but last pic is of HRH from last night. She's a love too. :love:

img_13631.jpg

img_13632.jpg

img_13633.jpg

50093888208__8b32ab72-3225-401c-b0b6-86c360e7ff84.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thank you for the extra pictures, and thank you for rescuing him! That is awful!!

Missy, forgot to ask you, you are the queen of flats.. I *need* holiday sandals in flat version that can go with a pretty dress. Any recommendations?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results