shape
carat
color
clarity

Not even off my cold, lifeless fingers...my new 4.01 ACA in DK custom

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we just celebrated our 41st in May - we must have been in nursery school -hahahaha!!

I am very excited for you and anxious to see your new pretty!!

Rofl! These marriage dates are getting sillier and sillier!

Congratulations on 41 years, @MissGotRocks! In this day and age, a marriage of length is a precious thing. I wish you many more happy years. :))

And re my ring....

Two more days...two more days...just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @cflutist! :wavey: And thank you! I'm sure I'll love it....just as soon as I get it!! (Trying not to yell here)

Thank you, @junebug17 :)) I'm so pleased with how it came out. I'm keen to see the last details to make sure I didn't fall at the last hurdle! Fingers crossed!

Thank you, @Tarrotka - I'm so glad everyone seems to like it. =)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we just celebrated our 41st in May - we must have been in nursery school -hahahaha!!

I am very excited for you and anxious to see your new pretty!!

:lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photos of finished ring this evening. So excited I can barely breathe....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely going out of my mind here.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gaaaaaah - thanks @MissGotRocks! I think it should arrive tomorrow - but I have a dr's appt. If I miss it I'll go out of my ever loving!! At this point, I just want to see the photos!!

:eek2: Oh no, you CAN"T miss it!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gees louise - seriously? September 5th?? That seems mighty slow for a stock setting!

On the other hand, I'm sure the good folk at WF aren't sitting around on their hands, so I'm guessing it's in a queue. Have you asked for claws? That would probably slow them down.

Can't wait to see them - September 5th will be a red letter day! :mrgreen:

I didn't specify anything different than the stock setting. I thought the 6 prong martini always comes claw-ish? The photos I've seen on PS seem to look just like the stock photo..or did I miss something? These are M-2-B's, I love hers and I think they are just exactly as they come stock? or am i wrong?
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...teflash-diamond-6-prong-martini-studs.181840/

EDIT: I just emailed and sent them a pic of M-2-B's earrings and asked for them to do the prongs like that lol

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't specify anything different than the stock setting. I thought the 6 prong martini always comes claw-ish? The photos I've seen on PS seem to look just like the stock photo..or did I miss something? These are M-2-B's, I love hers and I think they are just exactly as they come stock? or am i wrong?
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...teflash-diamond-6-prong-martini-studs.181840/

EDIT: I just emailed and sent them a pic of M-2-B's earrings and asked for them to do the prongs like that lol

I think they look awesome. I hope yours look just as terrific. :))

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think they look awesome. I hope yours look just as terrific. :))
Me too! Any word on when your ring arrives?...oh wait I just read it's tmrw but you have a doc appt! Can you request fedex or UPS to hold it for you at a location so you can pick it up? It's the worst when you just miss them isn't it?!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful mrs-b! Hope you and your lovely ring hook up today for delivery!!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! I think the new shoulders and milgrain really finish the ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you feel @mrs-b ?

I really like the general look, but I must say there is a lot more negative space than I would have expected - those gouges are quite deep! And I know they're taking metal from already-delicate and load-bearing parts of the shoulders - did Amy confirm the ring remains sufficiently sturdy for daily wear?

Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the finishing touches! I really hope you were home.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the finishing touches! I really hope you were home.

I had the day wrong - d'oh!! It's coming tomorrow.

I had to take screen shots of the photos they sent me so I could remove the DKJ logo, and it's really blurred the level of detail. The milgrain is much nicer in the photos I received and I think it rounds out the ring nicely.

Tomorrow for sure!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you feel @mrs-b ?

I really like the general look, but I must say there is a lot more negative space than I would have expected - those gouges are quite deep! And I know they're taking metal from already-delicate and load-bearing parts of the shoulders - did Amy confirm the ring remains sufficiently sturdy for daily wear?

I'm glad you like it (in general!) :mrgreen:

I contacted DKJ to check about that as I wondered the same thing, but they assured me it's fine. I'll see what I think when I get it; the shank is very substantial - much thicker than normal - so altho the troughs are deep, i think the remaining gold is actually a similar circumference to most tapered bands at the shoulders. I am also extremely easy on jewelry, so am not fussed. But we'll see.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the day wrong - d'oh!! It's coming tomorrow.

I had to take screen shots of the photos they sent me so I could remove the DKJ logo, and it's really blurred the level of detail. The milgrain is much nicer in the photos I received and I think it rounds out the ring nicely.

Tomorrow for sure!
GAH!:lol-2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, that's really good to hear that you've already got confirmation on this!! I hesitated to ask.

I like it! I had some doubts, but I know that (in general? :mrgreen2:) you, my dear, know what you're doing :cool2:
The inverse engraving works very well - it's a small embellishment that doesn't look out of place, and the milgrain forces further delineation. Beautifully done!! :kiss2:

Now... step away from the pave, step away from the pave... :mrgreen2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now... step away from the pave, step away from the pave... :mrgreen2:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol - duffers, both of you!

:lol-2:

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b your ring is stunning!! The hall and prongs are so delicate!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw the updated reverse shoulders and milgrain :love: love it! I thought the first plain iteration was it but this is better. Looking forward to seeing your handshots :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@goldenfire - it comes today. Hopefully in the next hour. I've got butterflies. Or at least I would do - if butterflies were the size of elephants and were stomping around in your stomach!!

Thanks, @HappyNewLife :)) Yes, they did. I know the troughs either side of the roundels are deep, but I'll take a good look at them when they get here and make my decision from there. Visually, I think the effect is very pretty.

It's definitely today, @MissGotRocks. You know - as well as anyone, I suspect! - what it's like to have to wait for your dream ACA to be delivered! :eek-2::eek-2::eek-2::eek-2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Wewechew! i think so also.

Thanks, @omd21 - they really are, aren't they! It came out every bit as beautifully as I had hoped.

Aaaaah! - bless you for saying that, @foxinsox! You go back and forth on this sort of thing and wonder and wonder if you're getting it right! I always envisioned a ring just slightly more formal than 'plain shank', while also not wanting to go 'full on bells and whistles'! I'm hoping I've landed on the right spot with this, but I really won't know till I SEE IT!!! (...some time in the next 41 minutes, according to UPS...)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results