carat
color
clarity

Not even off my cold, lifeless fingers...my new 4.01 ACA in DK custom

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Queenie60! :wavey:

Hi @cokitty :)) Holly has religious, celebratory, and personal meaning for me. That's a whole lot of meaning to pack into one small plant! :))

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolute perfection!!! Can’t wait to see finger pics!!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love how the halo is so delicate!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is it the end of the week yet???:whistle::whistle:
Can’t wait for more pictures!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
[USER=73658 said:
@goldenfire[/USER] - I actually am back and forth to LA all the time, so meeting up is a possibility! And I'm glad you mentioned those gorgeous little platinum prongs - are they delightful? :))

That would be so fun to get some ladies together some time!!!And yes those little platinum prongs are just beautiful. Talk about precision, and yes "delightful" really is the perfect word for them. Are you still waiting on the ring? I am still waiting on my ACA earrings...time passes sooooooo slowly sometimes lol. I am trying to distract myself with projects with my kids and new yoga workouts lol. As a mom of 3 growing boys, I always have an endless supply of dishes and cooking to keep me busy too!

Last edited:

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
I rarely post but I must say the proportions on this beauty are absolutely perfect! Like everyone else, I can't wait to see the handsets. :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words, @kama_s ::)

Hi @Yimmers - I went for the smallest halo possible, given that size center stone. I believe the stones are 2/3 of a point each.

@tkyasx78 - nooooo! Not even close! And it may well be next week at this rate. Depends on the details I decide I want. I'm tossing up the idea of diamond wraps or plain, inverted wraps. not sure as yet.... :mrgreen:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy. I'm dead. WOW! I can't wait to see how she looks on your finger!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! The ring is beautiful! Makes me want to halo my ACA too! (Hmmm, ideas, ideas!)
I can’t wait for the handshots!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the thin halo...sets off your ACA perfectly!!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. I have not been on PS lately and then I come back to see THIS. Gah, it really took my breath away. His uber bench is really something!! Congratulations on a very special ring mrs b!! And I know I'm not alone when I say I can't wait to see it on you!!

And count me in the yellow gold club!! Go team YG :lol-2:!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@goldenfire - yes, still waiting. I'm hoping by the end of this week. When do you get your earrings? Is DKJ setting them? Can't wait to see them!

Thanks, @RockOnReen - I'm glad my ring was able to pull you out of lurkdom. :)) I thought long and hard about these proportions - especially given my finger size; what looks good on a size 5 does not necessarily translate to the same look on a size 7.5.

Nooooo@ Don't die, @HappyNewLife! Hopefully in just a few days I will be able to resuscitate you with hand shots! :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @kayla17 :wavey: I love your ACA! halo, non-halo - everything looks good on an ACA!

Thank you, @tyty333 ::) I umm'd and ahh'd about it, that's for sure! With a stone of this size, I wondered if it would be overkill. But this is one of the very few situations where size 7.5 fingers will stand you in good stead!

@JDDN - his uber bench REALLY is something. He's very slow; my ACA has been back with DKJ for its re-set over 7 weeks now. But I absolutely cannot fault this workmanship. And thank you for your kind words; go team YG!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The craftsmanship on your new setting is impeccable!!! And I absolutely adore the prongs! Will the shoulder wraps and milgrain be added to this setting or will DK be making a new one?

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@goldenfire - yes, still waiting. I'm hoping by the end of this week. When do you get your earrings? Is DKJ setting them? Can't wait to see them!

I am just having WF set them in their 6 prong martini in wg. For a stock setting, they are taking a while. They said they should be done by the 5th of September at the latest. I hope you get your ring at the end of the week!!

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
That ring is a DREAM! The definition of show stopper! :appl:

alpha238

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! I love the proportions.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it ready yet??????????????????? ;)):mrgreen2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it ready yet??????????????????? ;)):mrgreen2:

Seriously, I'm dying here.

It's my 34th anniversary on Saturday (clearly, I was a child bride) and Amy has said she'll have it to me by Friday so I can wear it when we go out for lunch. :)

Three more days...three more days...just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back. Four days later. And four pages later - how delightfully symmetric!

This ring is truly perfection :kiss2:

I love that you kept the centerstone prongs white but chose YG for the halo. It's unusual, but I love the way it outlines the centerstone and highlights the ring of melee. And I know that sort of visual highlighting... always draws attention to any flaws - unneveness, asymmetry - in workmanship... Or, as in this case, draws attention to the complete *lack* of any flaws whatsoever!

The shank taper is lovely - elegant and graceful. I've not caught up on other threads - I do hope you're considering leaving it as-is, without additional embellishment.

I would like to see a closeup of the underside of the gallery... I see holly in there - of course! ::) - but there's more wirework than I can make out in those first few pics. Speaking of "first few pics" - how are there four pages of thread and no more photos? @mrs-b, your PS friends deserve better! :halo:

I assume the shank was designed this way to allow bands to sit flush - I like this much better than the usual head-on-a-pike attachment style, I must say! How high/"deep off the finger" is that vertical flat of shank under the head?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back. Four days later. And four pages later - how delightfully symmetric!

This ring is truly perfection :kiss2:

I love that you kept the centerstone prongs white but chose YG for the halo. It's unusual, but I love the way it outlines the centerstone and highlights the ring of melee. And I know that sort of visual highlighting... always draws attention to any flaws - unneveness, asymmetry - in workmanship... Or, as in this case, draws attention to the complete *lack* of any flaws whatsoever!

The shank taper is lovely - elegant and graceful. I've not caught up on other threads - I do hope you're considering leaving it as-is, without additional embellishment.

I would like to see a closeup of the underside of the gallery... I see holly in there - of course! ::) - but there's more wirework than I can make out in those first few pics. Speaking of "first few pics" - how are there four pages of thread and no more photos? @mrs-b, your PS friends deserve better! :halo:

I assume the shank was designed this way to allow bands to sit flush - I like this much better than the usual head-on-a-pike attachment style, I must say! How high/"deep off the finger" is that vertical flat of shank under the head?

Hi @yssie! :wavey:

Firstly - my apologies for there being no new photos! I won't receive my ring until Friday - the day before my 34th anniversary. :)

Secondly - more apologies! I am adding more embellishment - contrary to ALL opinions! I'm adding milgrain and reverse rondels. Hopefully you can trust my taste enough to at least give it a look over before you all howl me down! Depending on how it looks, I maaaaay add diamond pave to the center, flat part of the rondels, but we'll see. I suspect I'm more likely to add any extra tizz to the band I wear with it.

So I do want to wear a band with it - not completely flush - but pretty close. With a head that wide and medium length fingers (at best!) I don't have the room to *not* slide the band under the head, and I don't want one to wear away the other. Consequently, the donut is 2mm high, but will disappear when a band is sitting next to it. (I like all my bands to be 2mm thick)

I was thinking - if you come down to Boston in October (oh please do! I would love to meet you!), we can wear each other's rings and see how diamonds so close in size can look different. Of course, I'll be wearing yours on the tip of my pinky, and you'll be wearing mine around your neck - but it will be fun to compare. :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @CareBear :)) The doo-dads will be added to this ring. if I had to wait while a new ring was made I think I'd go out of my mind! Should be here by Friday. Thankfully!!

Thank you, @betty6333! I'm thinking this one will have to last me a lifetime, so I really wanted to hit this one out of the park. ::)

Thanks, @alpha238 - me too! :kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your response made me laugh :bigsmile:

Of course you are [adding embellishments] ::) - if I had to name ten people on PS who I know will go their own way no matter what anyone else might say - you're on that list! Fortunately you also create pieces that are aesthetically pleasing :bigsmile: I'm looking forward to seeing this 'shoulder sprucing'!

Not completely flush - makes sense, given the taper. And it sounds like your plans for the shoulder will remove metal rather than add. That'd be the one thing I can think of right away w/ adding pave - you'd want to ensure any additional metal/diamond width doesn't exceed the width of the shank at the "base". Which... you've probably already thought of 8)

I'd love to join you in Boston in October!! I very much hope my work situation is sorted by then. My beloved company went under earlier this month (after over a decade, I'd been there almost four years :(sad) and I'd forgotten how dreadful everything about finding a new job is! I'm very fortunate in that some of my former coworkers are already settled so much of my "networking" is free. So... as long as whatever company I join doesn't ship me off somewhere that week... I'll be there! :bigsmile:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just having WF set them in their 6 prong martini in wg. For a stock setting, they are taking a while. They said they should be done by the 5th of September at the latest. I hope you get your ring at the end of the week!!

Gees louise - seriously? September 5th?? That seems mighty slow for a stock setting!

On the other hand, I'm sure the good folk at WF aren't sitting around on their hands, so I'm guessing it's in a queue. Have you asked for claws? That would probably slow them down.

Can't wait to see them - September 5th will be a red letter day! :mrgreen:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously, I'm dying here.

It's my 34th anniversary on Saturday (clearly, I was a child bride) and Amy has said she'll have it to me by Friday so I can wear it when we go out for lunch. :)

Three more days...three more days...just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated our 38th! We got married in Kindergarten. :lol: Seriously, I really hope you have it by Saturday.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we just celebrated our 41st in May - we must have been in nursery school -hahahaha!!

I am very excited for you and anxious to see your new pretty!!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnificent, what a gorgeous ring, the subtle halo, the intricate gallery. Enjoy!:love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's fabulous mrs-b, I adore everything about your beautiful new setting! :love: The workmanship is fantastic. The proportions are perfect too. Can't wait to see this beauty on your finger!!! :appl:

Tarrotka

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring, mrs-b! Wow! This setting is gorgeous! Love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results