carat
color
clarity

Not even off my cold, lifeless fingers...my new 4.01 ACA in DK custom

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Starfacet - so do I! :))

Thanks, @distracts! I'm a huge fan of holly, and it's also part of my name, so this works for me.

Thank you, @Luce!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave - "sleek and pretty" - oooh! Sounds so lush! Thank you - I'm so glad it appears to you like that!

@kathley - and I'll look forward to posting them, too! I bought this stone early May, so it's been quite the process! Looking forward to having it permanently on my finger.

@Wewechew - the meaning of the holly is three fold. Holly has deep religious meaning in the history of the church, and as a Christian, this is significant to me. Also, I love Christmas - with a passion! And lastly - it's similar to my name, tho not identical.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SimoneDi - when I see you on October 20th, you're welcome to wear it for the afternoon, if you like. It will probably be too large, but you'd be welcome nonetheless. :))

Thanks, Austina! I certainly heard angels today when I received the photos!! :mrgreen:

Who is Norah and why do you have her knickers, @Alex T?! :bigsmile: I have to agree with you, tho - I think it's perfect. I have milgrain and side wraps planned - I just hope I don't screw it up by over-tizzing!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy mackerel! What a gorgeous setting for that delicious stone! I can’t wait to see it on your hand!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your ACA looks fabulous in the new halo setting! :appl: We need handshots asap!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi @ac117 :wavey: I'm so glad you like it thus far, since you were instrumental in helping me sort through my thinking on how to set it. I'll update this thread when the last bits are done, and then I'm going to do a thread of 'just photos' of all my DKJ projects from this year, so people can see the sparklies without the verbiage. Now THAT will be some serious eye candy! :mrgreen: Big hugs to you, my friend!

@yennyfire - thank you for the kind words but...let's be honest. Nothing will ever touch your oval stunner. I know it, you know it, but I figure I can live with the pain with this baby on my finger! Seriously tho - I'm glad you like it. :))

Thank you, @m-2-b. I suspect our rings are very similar, tho yours is larger than mine and my finger is bigger, so it changes the proportions on the hand. I still have some 'bits' to add, but am hoping to have it by the end of next week. Fingers crossed!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! I just saw the holly!!! Perfect.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautiful mrs-b!! Can't wait to see hand shots of your new ring. Will you pair it with a band or just enjoy it all on its own? It is a show stopper for sure!!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave - "sleek and pretty" - oooh! Sounds so lush! Thank you - I'm so glad it appears to you like that!

@kathley - and I'll look forward to posting them, too! I bought this stone early May, so it's been quite the process! Looking forward to having it permanently on my finger.

@Wewechew - the meaning of the holly is three fold. Holly has deep religious meaning in the history of the church, and as a Christian, this is significant to me. Also, I love Christmas - with a passion! And lastly - it's similar to my name, tho not identical.
As someone who got married in December because of Christmas, the holly jumped out at me :D

jacy

Shiny_Rock
It’s absolutely beautiful! I love all the fine details and the yellow gold makes it look so exquisite! :love:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it’s perfect!!!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning, sexy, perfect! And love the holly!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your stone and new setting are perfect together! I love the detailing on the basket, the holly on the base of the shank, the refined halo...
David Klass did an great job again.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NO WORDS!!!!! :kiss2: That undercarriage is so special and I love the holly theme! The halo stone proportions are perfect...so delicate and the perfect frame for that gorgeous honker of a rock!

Also, every time I see a halo'ed stone on a plain shank, my heart goes pitter patter. There's something about the contrast between the bling bling on the head and the simplicity of a sleek diamond-less shank that just does it for me. I, too, am very curious about the wraps and would love to hear more about that! Congratulations! DKJ does it again!! I can't wait to see hand shots!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodnes @mrs-b!!!! I love it! The stone is gorgeous and the setting divine. I can't wait to see it on your hand! :love:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
When you mentioned that you'd haloed that huge stone on another thread. . I was kinda thinking, wow, that's going to be a statement. . but it's so perfect! Love the delicate halo! Classy!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh so beautiful! Rarely do we see halos in yellow gold and it is stunning! The contrast between the rich gold and diamonds is breathtaking! I can’t wait to see it completed and on your finger.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol - thanks, @whitewave! it's a sneaky little decal that isn't immediately obvious, but which I know is there. :))

Thanks, @MissGotRocks! I'll pair it with a band eventually. I'm going to remake my holly band so it's a little wider, a little more curved - then I'll wear it with this ring and call it a set.

@Wewechew - it jumps out at me, too. :wavey:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
beautiful! cant wait to see the final product!!!! and on YOUR finger!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @jacy. There's a few of us here on PS, dedicated to bringing back yellow gold! My skin is fair, so the grey of platinum tends to look very dead on me. Yellow and rose gold, however, bring such a lovely warmth! Not that common in a halo, tho, so I'll enjoy its uniqueness.

Thank you, @pearaffair. And nice job on putting together such a great ring for your friend on such a tight budget! Well done!

Thanks, @ceg. I did my best. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Acinom - they really did. I love the basket and the holly outlines on the basket are like the reverse of the holly leaves on the band. It's the small things, isn't it?

@KristyDarling - I completely agree! Pave on the band is just too much for my lifestyle, and I think the combo of pave and shiny gold is just lovely. So glad you like it!

Thank you, @redwood66. I feel as tho they went above and beyond on this one. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE - I feel, in some ways, as tho the halo makes the stone appear more delicate. It's an odd thing - but it seems to work. Thank you for your kind words.

Thanks, @Bonfire. I'm REALLY looking forward to receiving at this point. And yes, I LOVE yellow gold halos!

Thanks @gregchang35 - I can't wait either!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@yennyfire - thank you for the kind words but...let's be honest. Nothing will ever touch your oval stunner. I know it, you know it, but I figure I can live with the pain with this baby on my finger! Seriously tho - I'm glad you like it. :))

Hey, if it’s too painful for you to bear wearing her, I’ll gladly take her off of your hands! :lol-2: It is just classic perfection! Can’t wait to see the set on your hand!

jamtengee

Rough_Rock
Wowwww I am looking forward to hand shots!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and ring.

Orchids0926

Shiny_Rock
So I have a very long thread collating all my DK projects from over the last 5 months, but this one deserves a thread of its own.

It's not quite finished - it still needs some shoulder wraps and some milgrain - but to all intents and purposes, this is my new DK custom ring with my 4.01 I VS1 ACA.

I probably won't have it until the end of next week, but it's wonderful to have some photos!

DKJPV_0822_HALO-1.jpg

DKJPV_0822_HALO-2.jpg

DKJPV_0822_HALO-7.jpg

DKJPV_0822_HALO-10.jpg

DKJPV_0822_HALO-5.jpg
What can I say that hasn't already been said? I'm just going to pick my jaw up from the ground and wipe this drool on my chin! Your collection is stunning and your taste is impeccable.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow this is so beautiful. What a lovely halo. Loving the plain shank too. So easy to wear. When do we get to see hand shots?

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GASP! no words....Just sheer perfection and beauty...seriously I'm speechless. It's glorious. The size of the melee in the halo are perfect, the delicate double claw prongs are delicious. The proportions and design of the setting just can't get any better. I wish you lived in SoCal and I would get to see this at the next SoCal PS gathering! This and all your other gorgeous pieces. Seriously we would need a maximum security room with everyones jewels hahah

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW. Just stunning... :shock::love::kiss2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:eek-2: Congrats, beautiful honking ring !. Don't get to see many YG rings these days. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results