shape
carat
color
clarity

Not cheaper by the dozen - mrs-b's new projects - watch this space!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First off... hello to your gorgeous ring!!! Such a beauty and she is large and in charge. Secondly, thanks for jumping on PS asap to show us pictures. hahaha you know we are just as excited as you must be. :appl:

Perhaps it's something more noticeable in person but the prongs look very delicate and as is? Are you comparing it to a different ring that you've seen before? Sorry it isn't 100% what you wanted but it certainly looks very well made and suits the stone well even if it's your temporary setting.

Lastly - question for you! I chatted with you a bit that it's hard to go with the "simple" design. You chose a classic look that really shows off that honker. I thought when we were discussing you wanted to go with the 6 prong Tiffany look. How did you decide on the 8? It still looks great and asking for curiosity sake and for any future projects I might do if you don't mind sharing!

Hi @PierreBear

I went with the 8 prongs because the stone was so large. With 6 prongs, each one would, visually, have been a long way from each other. I wanted a more detailed look, so with that amount of surface area, I decided 8 prongs would look better.

I also want the added security. This diamond isn't going anywhere!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Now........ the earrings!! They are gorgeous!! I love them!! You may need the Secret Service if you go out with the ring and the earrings on at the same time! I love, love, love your bling!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG it’s so worth the wait! What an amazing diamond!! It’s so pretty (and huge!)
I love the simplicity of that setting but I see what you mean about the prongs. Flattened and oriented differently will be beautiful :appl:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m holding my best friend’s newborn so my typing ability is limited, so let me just say

HOLY FREAKING GOODNESS!!!
:geek2::geek2::geek2::geek2::geek2::geek2::geek2::geek2::geek2::geek2::geek2:
:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Both pieces are divine. I too will like the ring better with the prongs NSEW, but it’s gorgeous as is.

Wow.......

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! What a gorgeous and big stone! She looks huge and gorgeous on your hand.

So sorry the setting is not as expected. I already love it. Your stone looks quite at home in a classic no frills setting!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone:love: :love::love: -and I quite love the setting already as is, can't wait to see the final version

And THEN you casually post those cluster earrings.... droooool...

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b That stone is super white and super HUGE!!! I imagine it is 100x better seeing it in person! :love::love::love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we can agree that my DH has met all the criteria.

This brings me back. My Dad used to play this for my husband (my bf back then). It was his not so subtle warning. :roll2::lol-2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am actually dead. The shock of this stunner did me in.

It's unbelievable!!! :love:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am in love with all your new jewelry on this thread, but that ACA :love: :love: :love:!! Talk about stunning!! I hope the new setting gets done quickly but the current one is beautiful!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
13.gif

77.gif
77.gif
77.gif

The new ACA is absolutely magnificent, @mrs-b!!! Congratulations. I love the new earrings too - just stunning.
Love2.gif
Love2.gif
Love2.gif

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b you're killing me here. That is just magnificent! !!!!! Swoon, tdf, all the words used on ps plus some! DSS kicked in for me for sure! Thrilled for you!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing stone!! Jaw-dropping!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took these 2 to show how low the level of side tint is. This is on a plain white background.

20180523_162907_resized.jpg

20180523_162928_resized.jpg

You're killing me!! Swwwoooooooon! I'm with @ceg man....DSS is setting in HARD. :twisted2:

Do you find this new 4ct I diamond to be whiter than your 3.6ct I stone?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're killing me!! Swwwoooooooon! I'm with @ceg man....DSS is setting in HARD. :twisted2:

Do you find this new 4ct I diamond to be whiter than your 3.6ct I stone?

Yes, definitely. I think also because it's cleaner and has no fluorescence, it's simply more transparent, which gives a sense of looking *through* any tint.

It's also markedly bigger. It's only 11% more in ctw, but it's .55mm wider, which is easily noticeable. I've always suspected that 4ct was my sweet spot - and I'm sure that it is. I never really had DSS with either my 3.61 or my 3.4ct stones and, if anything, I'm wary of going any larger. I had a 5+ct OEC for a short while, and I sent it back; it really was too big. This seems just right. :))

The photos show a lot of black, but there's absolutely none in the stone. It's just my phone so close to the diamond. The last close up shot above (not the profile one - the face on large one), which is full of light and colors, was taken with white paper stuck to the back of the phone so it didn't reflect in the stone, and you can see - no darkness there at all!

It's a true beauty.

And DKJ, as always, have stepped up to the plate re the re-make. Amy is already working on new CADs and I'll ship back my stone (:cry2:) when they're done!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wowzers, that is one beautiful, and very sizeable, rock!

It’s been said before, but I’d kill to play in your jewellery box if only for a while.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo is in the 'Favorite 5 things' thread, but I wanted to put it here as well. The earrings that came today mean that my cluster set is now complete. I absolutely love it, and it's everything I hoped it would be.

It has slightly over 9cts of diamonds and a 2+ct sapphire. The 3 center diamonds are all H&A and the halo stones are all ideal cut.

20180523_112012_resized.jpg

20180523_112030_resized.jpg

20180523_112855_resized.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ladies are a serious hoot - these comments are hilarious!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my gawd, those clusters. consider me :saint:, because I just slipped in my drool and died.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love::love::love:
Wow, it is gorgeous and looks so amazingly huge in the best way - congratulations!
Do you mind sharing the spread on your stone and your finger size. I agree, it's the perfect fit.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Good Lawd! I came back to check on wednesday and was well rewarded,lol!
Sublime!!!
Looks to die for on you, and gracious those earrings are the complete icing on the cake!!!!

Love, love, love, so happy for you!!! Sorry about the remake but glad you will have what you want in the end!!!

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that set is amazing but definitely needs a bodyguard to go with it. Any pics of the earrings on the ear?

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! Love the ring and love the earrings :love:

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock
OMG OMG those clusters!!!!!!!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results