carat
color
clarity

New York

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
even with the fluorescence

I'm with @rockysalamander -- fluor doesn't bother me. FYI, my fiancee is wearing a BGD H VS2 with medium blue fluor.

GIA says less than 1% is negatively affected. Nice thing about medium+ levels is it gets you a discount since it's not popular.

There is not brown, bad video. Nothing to worry about. F colored diamonds have so little body color that the body tint is generally meaningless. I would not have a worry about this, but it won't hurt to ask. IDJ can read the notes in the vendor's view as see if it has funky colors. But, I'd be surprised.

DON'T put on hold from ED or JA, if you are trying to get IDJ to call the stone. Putting on hold from the posted vendor will block IDJ's call request.

From a performance perspective, the ED looks the strongest. But, given that she liked Princess cuts (which are flat on top), I suggested some that might work for her -- hence the ones from JA

Sorry, didn't mean to cause fear/panic. I expected a bad video, but thought it was a good idea to ask.

Also, listen to Rocky....if you plan to buy from IDJ, don't place the stone on hold/reserve as I don't want to lock you up. Sorry for conflicting information.

how to get ASET?i did live chat through JA website and gave 2 SKU numbers . do they email them to me?

I called in but mainly because I prefer talking to a live person. And yes, they got my email and sent it a day or two later. Given son's timeline that may not work.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge or anyone else online.

Can you look on GOG for me? Princess cut. Inhouse. It was 2.0 or 2.01 carats. I SI1 from memory. It was tilted in the ASET, but looked good. I'm having issues with their search on my tablet and not sure if the stone is still available. Was there this am.

GOG is a good vendor and only out on Long Island.

FOUND IT...Third browser's the charm. I'd want to see a new ASET since the stone is tilted, but I think this has potential and they are local and it is in house. Clouds are the only thing I'd want to be sure are not impacting the stone. They have this inhouse and should be able to pull it and let you know. In buget with wire payment. But, you give up spread with a Princess. 7mm x 6.94mm x 5.01mm

https://www.goodoldgold.com/diamonds/id/3604860

Last edited:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge or anyone else online.

Can you look on GOG for me? Princess cut. Inhouse. It was 2.0 or 2.01 carats. I SI1 from memory. It was tilted in the ASET, but looked good. I'm having issues with their search on my tablet and not sure if the stone is still available. Was there this am.

GOG is a good vendor and only out on Long Island.

Pretty sure this is it. Still available. Just under $11k via bank wire. :cool2:

https://www.goodoldgold.com/diamonds/id/3604860

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!!!! I finally got Firefox to work with that site. I have to clear all my filters between every diamond I look at :x2.

You're welcome!

I'm using Chrome and experienced similar issues. But I'm on my docking station and have a real keyboard & mouse so easier to navigate.

I wonder if companies ever try to use their site? That is a frustrating experience. Once you filter, there is no option to right click and open in new tab. If you click through and it's not what you want, you have to start fresh. Very irritating.

I noticed the BGD site does the same thing on both my work Galaxy S9 and personal LG ThinQ V40 phones, both using Chrome. WF is a little better but they have a part of the screen that is static and makes it difficult to scroll and adjust filter criteria when your keyboard pops up using smart phones -- not an issue on real computers or my iPad. For me, HPD has been most problematic on all platforms, regardless of browser, which is a shame because they are good people and have great product.

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
What about the 2ct I si. From page 2 my son wants to
Know if you guys like it.

He’s getting frustrated but I think partly cuz he’s tired from some 24 hr shifts. And can’t deal with the vendor in a more timely manner. When he’s off they are closed

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry, but why are we shutting down the 2.2 I VVS1 stone?

I don’t see anything wrong with the stone considering that OPs son wants to buy NOW and likes the stone he has been offered. These is some mush under the table, but is much better than the majority of the cushions on the market and so many cushions need to be seen to be fully evaluated. The stone is well over the 2ct mark, it it super clean and that is what his intended will see. It might not be the best “generic” cushion I have seen, but it is also far from worse. Here is a different vendor listing the same stone, if OP is getting it for close to 10k, he is getting a sweet deal. https://www.betteridge.com/2.20-carat-cushion-diamond-i-vvs1/p/35306/

I am a cushion lover and had one not too long ago. A princess cut is not a cushion and I don’t even consider that the aset of the princess above is marginally better than the 2.2 I VVS1 cushion he is considering.

The guy wants to be done with this process, not spend months researching like many of us will do. He also wants to buy in person and see the stone in person, which obviously will limit his options, but luckily he is already working with a reputable vendor.

The more options we send, the more we will confuse him and in the end he will just purchase something in a local store which will be completely counterproductive to the entire effort here.

Attachments

• 46949793-B91B-4BF2-8AC6-176973E8B520.jpeg
    46949793-B91B-4BF2-8AC6-176973E8B520.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 18

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a lot of stones on page 2. Can you post the specific one?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry, but why are we shutting down the 2.2 I VVS1 stone?

I don’t see anything wrong with the stone considering that OPs son wants to buy NOW and likes the stone he has been offered. These is some mush under the table, but is much better than the majority of the cushions on the market and so many cushions need to be seen to be fully evaluated. The stone is well over the 2ct mark, it it super clean and that is what his intended will see. It might not be the best “generic” cushion I have seen, but it is also far from worse. Here is a different vendor listing the same stone, if OP is getting it for close to 10k, he is getting a sweet deal. https://www.betteridge.com/2.20-carat-cushion-diamond-i-vvs1/p/35306/

I am a cushion lover and had one not too long ago. A princess cut is not a cushion and I don’t even consider that the aset of the princess above is marginally better than the 2.2 I VVS1 cushion he is considering.

The guy wants to be done with this process, not spend months researching like many of us will do. He also wants to buy in person and see the stone in person, which obviously will limit his options, but luckily he is already working with a reputable vendor.

The more options we send, the more we will confuse him and in the end he will just purchase something in a local store which will be completely counterproductive to the entire effort here.
Do you mean this one @SimoneDi
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-york.246258/page-3#post-4483135

Sorry, there are a lot of stones and I'm having a hard time keeping track of what is being said about which one.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about the 2ct I si. From page 2 my son wants to
Know if you guys like it.

He’s getting frustrated but I think partly cuz he’s tired from some 24 hr shifts. And can’t deal with the vendor in a more timely manner. When he’s off they are closed

LOL, provide a link and we can take a peek.

Understand your son being frustrated. He doesn't want to hear it, but the reality is part of it is his fault. He's set some pretty demanding time frames, size requirements and budget constraints that make picking a well cut stone difficult.

Having done and still occasionally pulling some 24+ hour shifts I can relate to the toll they take mentally as well as physically. There is a reason why sleep deprivation makes people crack.

Hope he gets some rest and is able to enjoy this process a little.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mean this one @SimoneDi
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-york.246258/page-3#post-4483135

Sorry, there are a lot of stones and I'm having a hard time keeping track of what is being said about which one.

Yes that one or this is the other one OP’s son is considering. https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...ut/2.01-carat-i-color-si1-clarity-sku-6113034

I personally like the faceting of the 2.01 H SI1, but it might not be eye-clean. The 2.2 I VVS1 has more appealing stats and the pic of it doesn’t look bad at all: https://www.betteridge.com/2.20-carat-cushion-diamond-i-vvs1/p/35306/?Availability=In Stock&utm_source=Pepperjam&utm_campaign=21181&utm_keyword=2-326380&clickId=2580916282

We need to recommend one of them, not other stones. Her son doesn’t want to deal with this process further. He doesn’t want to search for the “perfect, most amazing stone”. He wants the best of what he can buy now and forget about it.

Sharing a thousands stones is doing him disservice imho.

ETA: I found a video of the 2.2 I VVS1: http://info.stonehdfile.com/Online/Transaction/StonePktDtl.aspx?pktcode=817231359

@cxr133 the 2.2 I VVS1 is a beautiful stone, your son should feel committing to it, considering that he wants to complete the purchasing process ASAP. If he is getting the stone for close to $10k, he is getting it for a very, very good price.

Last edited:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the record, the OP spec included wanting a princess. So, I posted one in budget. I also selected cushions that had elements of a princess, since she liked them.

I like the ED better than the ones you feel are the only two choices.

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
AB20383D-C1CA-4B7E-A71D-38C829342BF6.jpeg 83B1B2EE-EF0F-4E3C-ACB7-1BDC3A3DB8EF.jpeg F80736DD-8485-4A55-9AA7-C88C0CAF765E.jpeg EC5C9A8F-7825-4F48-B69F-BBE8388BC021.jpeg 2604EB0F-DB6E-4F55-876B-07759FC8CD1F.jpeg Ok let’s try to clarify.

Do you guys like this one?

The one

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
A888AB6B-6EE6-47A4-80B7-A0C718AB9AAF.jpeg 0FA42A35-A112-4079-9809-886700D41A67.jpeg BD34A4DC-97F4-432B-A03A-16897D1E6C29.jpeg 7A9BBDC9-5949-4D6F-8EDD-2058B8695C63.jpeg This one was refused someone mentioned a bad ASET

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cxr133 the 2.01 I SI1 has a very nice ASET for a generic cushion. The 2.2 I VVS1 has an ok ASET but I like it in the video here: http://info.stonehdfile.com/Online/Transaction/StonePktDtl.aspx?pktcode=817231359

Can you ask Yekutiel to take a video of both stones next to one another and post it here? That can help make the final call.

P.S. @rockysalamander I don’t “feel” anything, I am simply listening to our OP who indicated that her son wants to buy in store and not online and that he wants to buy now. While I agree with you on many levels and in general will be all for finding the best of the best, he is working with a budget, with a very limited timeframe and doesn’t seem interested in prolonging this process any further, so yes, the two options that he is looking at are the only options he seems to be willing to consider.

Last edited:

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
@cxr133 the 2.01 I SI1 has a very nice ASET for a generic cushion. The 2.2 I VVS1 has an ok ASET but I like it in the video here: http://info.stonehdfile.com/Online/Transaction/StonePktDtl.aspx?pktcode=817231359

Can you ask Yekutiel to take a video of both stones next to one another and post it here? That can help make the final call.

P.S. @rockysalamander I don’t “feel” anything, I am simply listening to our OP who indicated that her son wants to buy in store and not online and that he wants to buy now. While I agree with you on many levels and in general will be all for finding the best of the best, he is working with a budget, with a very limited timeframe and doesn’t seem interested in prolonging this process any further, so yes, the two options that he is looking at are the only options he seems to be willing to consider.
LOl you used the word generic Obviously we want this to be impressive and spectacular. He will be fine I think his nerves are starting to get to him. Should we start over and try to look at a Heart and Arrows cushion in his budget of about 13K for a stone? But will get videos and pics of the above stones next to each other.

I have more freetime. I can do the footwork to find a spectacular stone if needed. But if he falters either of those two stones above would be good options, correct? I did request some ASET for some recommended JA stones.
and the one vendor salamander recomends is it superior over both of the above?

and this is DAD not mom lol :)

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOl you used the word generic Obviously we want this to be impressive and spectacular. He will be fine I think his nerves are starting to get to him. Should we start over and try to look at a Heart and Arrows cushion in his budget of about 13K for a stone? But will get videos and pics of the above stones next to each other.

and this is DAD not mom lol :)

Ah, I apologize OP. I said “generic”, as in, not a branded stone. I should have said a modern cushion instead :) I think that you really need to ask your son what he wants. He doesn’t seem to have the patience to deal with this much longer, but you will know better if that is the case. If he has more time and is willing to shop around, then it might be worth exploring other options that folks here have recommended. But if he truly wants to be done with the ring shopping experience like yesterday, then I see nothing wrong with the options he is considering.

I actually had an H&A cushion and I would advice against it. I loved my H&A cushion, but it looked round most of the time, which is what I ended up stitching to. They are also branded stones, there is limited inventory and they come at a premium. If an H&A cushion, then might as well just look for a round in a cushion halo. Please keep in mind that he likely won’t be able to get a 2ct round with similar specs for the same price. Nonetheless, rounds face up larger, so the look will very much be similar even if the stone is slightly smaller.

Last edited:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right... I have a shirt that says this is What Awesome Looks like :)
hes just so busy and a poor starving student I wanted to make sure he got the best value. and im not even happy with the future fiancée cuz she convinced him to leave cali for new York :(

New York is not that bad :twisted2: they will get tired of the winters and eventually come back to Cali, no worries ;)2

You are an amazing dad!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed the color requirements and if anyone posed this option but saw this from diamonds by lauren and thougjt of this thread. I don't know much about cushions so grain of salt but looks intriguing....

20190117_224435.jpg

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right... I have a shirt that says this is What Awesome Looks like :)
hes just so busy and a poor starving student I wanted to make sure he got the best value. and im not even happy with the future fiancée cuz she convinced him to leave cali for new York :(
He's still a student and she's insisting on a 2ct stone?

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
can i upload video file?

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
give it a few minutes to finish uploading

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
give it a few minutes to finish uploading
I agree with yeukitiel that I personally prefer the 2.01 from the video. I like the soft corners and it looks more firey to my eye. I'm not a cushion expert by any stretch, but that's my opinion as a viewer.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm also a little confused about that. 10-12k for a stone alone is a TON of $$. If he can't comfortably afford that much, he and his soon to be wife need to have an honest convo.

I had that same thought but we don't know the backstory and it's not necessarily fair to the op to speculate.

I like the 2.01 as well, the aspect ratio is more visually pleasing imho

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the 2.01 I SI1 as well. It looks whiter and crisper. I can’t see the inclusions easily in the video.

OP, can your son show the video to his girlfriend and have her select?

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the 2.01 I SI1 as well. It looks whiter and crisper. I can’t see the inclusions easily in the video.

OP, can your son show the video to his girlfriend and have her select?
Nooooo, surprise :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results