shape
carat
color
clarity

New York

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a radiant cut would be worth considering too.

@tyty333 do you have time to look for some cushions for IDJ to cal in for the poster?

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
that was my concern also.

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
@tyty333. Do you have any time to evaluate this cushion or others please? Thanks you

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
my son is wondering what the difference between these two are.

multiquote didn't work.

but the 2.01ct on page 1 and the 2.01ct on page 2

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
Here's a couple more that look nice. The second one is an I color, but looks to be a faint brown. (It will probably be too tinted for you, but I thought I would throw it out there as I adore the steely colors in the video. :love:)

https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/1....1.882&p=1&utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc

https://www.yadavjewelry.com/diamond/cushion-diamond-1.96-carat-i-vs2-yd4917723

I just wanted to add that I am another very pleased ID Jewelry customer! Yekutiel did an amazing job finding me what I wanted. I had a strict budget and he came in under it.

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
3AD84BAB-9F38-4FDB-8F00-003478FCE6CB.jpeg 440E56D3-4E17-4C13-B6C2-50DBFD63D81A.jpeg 1C1D8365-6106-4A5C-92AE-867D6780B8E6.jpeg 7F57AED1-0C69-4C20-BED5-4DFB2747E68D.jpeg Got a new one that I need evaluated. Thanks

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
are hearts and arrows cushions different or they just more ideal stones?

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
This is probably not a true hearts and arrows cushion, but it has that look. (The aset is not as good as the ones on the Brian Gavin site.) However, it does hit the 2 cart mark for $14k.

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/v/4756Z8Z76

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
typical guy fashion he went on impulse he waited last minute for this. So he has to deal with the local vendor rather than trying to order online.
is it a hard No for the one above due to poor ASET? should he ask to see one or two more?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
typical guy fashion he went on impulse he waited last minute for this. So he has to deal with the local vendor rather than trying to order online.
is it a hard No for the one above due to poor ASET? should he ask to see one or two more?
Is he still working with idj? Or is local another vendor?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK. Virtually any stone we post from the web, can be obtained by IDJ (BGD cushions and other 'branded stones') aside. IDJ will just pull them in from a vendor.

Are we still working with a $10k budget for the stone?

Edited to add.. Carat weight is pretty useless for fancy shapes. They vary greatly in spread. Is there a minimum spread goal?

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
OK. Virtually any stone we post from the web, can be obtained by IDJ (BGD cushions and other 'branded stones') aside. IDJ will just pull them in from a vendor.

Are we still working with a $10k budget for the stone?

Edited to add.. Carat weight is pretty useless for fancy shapes. They vary greatly in spread. Is there a minimum spread goal?
remember this is for my son.. i have shared with him buying Shy. hes is stuck on 2ct limit.
pull from a vendor 24-48hours? they are about to leave on vacation.
little bit above 10 maybe 12.
just need to know , he really liked the one above. if its a hard NO
then we can get one or two more real quick to evaluate

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one is above is a hard not to me. Too much mush under the table. The one I post below from Enchanted diamonds is better (enough to be visible IMHO).

His timeline is unrealistic (I know, I know...you are just the mom. This will be me one-day with my son ). He would not expect to research and buy a car this amount of time. Why a diamond?

This is over budget, but IDJ may be able to call this in and get it in the budget.
***I like this one. ASET is good, not amazing, but this looks pretty. Nothiproblematictic on the cert if is eyeclean (which is should be). 7.73 x 7.16 x 4.67 mm
https://enchanteddiamonds.com/v/219834674

Gotta feed hungry family. Will look more, but send this ED diamond to your son and see if IDJ can get it. If not, reach out to ED directly and see what their timeline looks like to get and set.

I'd also call Diamonds by Lauren tomorrow and see if they have anything. They area fancy pros and may have something in house (and they are in NY).

***these have potential
I like the faceting of this, but I think it will be too flat on the top for some. 7.62*7.58*5.05
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/2.25-carat-j-color-vs2-clarity-sku-6390362

This will look large for its size due to the big table, but it has a low crown and may lack fire. 7.58*7.23*4.94
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/2.03-carat-i-color-si1-clarity-sku-6268790

Very likely eye clean at 10" viewing, small dark inclusion. Nice angles. Wish it had more life in the middle. 7.34*7.05*5.05
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/2.01-carat-j-color-vs2-clarity-sku-3141190

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more thought. Does he know the setting? If you have a general description or inspiration, you can post that here and busy PS member not likely to post diamonds can recommend specific setting.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
p.s. If he puts on hold at ED, IDJ can't call it in. But, if not on hold it can get scooped. So, its a balancing act.

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
One more thought. Does he know the setting? If you have a general description or inspiration, you can post that here and busy PS member not likely to post diamonds can recommend specific setting.
probable setting on page 1 cant get multiquote to work.

Dad not mom lol

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe he needs to s l o w d o w n and propose on Valentine’s Day or some random day where he will have time to weigh his options and make an informed decision. Persons who are naive and/or on a time crunch (doubly if both) are likely to feel pressured to buy something subpar just to “be done”.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the idea of the ED 2.03 F. Although it looks brown to me. Probably a bad video, but you need to ask to make sure it doesn't have a tint. Per GIA, no color undertones have to be reported in F stones. Also, that feather is grade setting and smack dab in the middle of the stone. I know it's a magnified view, but I'd ask to confirm it's eye clean.

To me, the 2.03 I from JA looks pretty good. Actually more white in the video and looks very clean for an SI1. I'd be tempted to put that stone on reserve and request an ASET image. Remember, you only get 3 ASET's from JA so use carefully.

FYI...

https://www.victorcanera.com/blog/diamond-color-undertones

original-GIA-Color-Grade-Boundries-for-Undertones-and-Fancy-Colors.jpg

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
Love the idea of the ED 2.03 F. Although it looks brown to me. Probably a bad video, but you need to ask to make sure it doesn't have a tint. Per GIA, no color undertones have to be reported in F stones. Also, that feather is grade setting and smack dab in the middle of the stone. I know it's a magnified view, but I'd ask to confirm it's eye clean.

To me, the 2.03 I from JA looks pretty good. Actually more white in the video and looks very clean for an SI1. I'd be tempted to put that stone on reserve and request an ASET image. Remember, you only get 3 ASET's from JA so use carefully.

FYI...

https://www.victorcanera.com/blog/diamond-color-undertones

original-GIA-Color-Grade-Boundries-for-Undertones-and-Fancy-Colors.jpg
even with the fluorescence

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is not brown, bad video. Nothing to worry about. F colored diamonds have so little body color that the body tint is generally meaningless. I would not have a worry about this, but it won't hurt to ask. IDJ can read the notes in the vendor's view as see if it has funky colors. But, I'd be surprised.

DON'T put on hold from ED or JA, if you are trying to get IDJ to call the stone. Putting on hold from the posted vendor will block IDJ's call request.

From a performance perspective, the ED looks the strongest. But, given that she liked Princess cuts (which are flat on top), I suggested some that might work for her -- hence the ones from JA

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fluorescence is only relevant in strong UV. The stone may glow a bit blue. But it will also look blue due to a blue shirt or the sky. Diamonds are mirrors. But, since the current fad is to dislike fluorescence, it tends to help on price. I love it. I'd walk around with UV lights if my darn diamond had stronger flour. One of mine has a nice little bit (in the pitch black, at a night club :cry2:).

Nothing I posted should have strong flour as I was *trying* to weed those out to avoid a variable. But, again, you can ask the vendor if you are worried.

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
how to get ASET?i did live chat through JA website and gave 2 SKU numbers . do they email them to me?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just remembered...Enchanted Diamonds is located in NYC! Contact them directly and see if they can meet your son's timeline.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results