shape
carat
color
clarity

New tourmaline and diamond ring :)

Oh my goodness it is so gorgeous! It reminds me of glaciers, polar bears, oceans, northern lights. An icy beauty! Oof!

I love this imagery sooooo much! Thank you for that!!
1899472kzungnrber.gif

Oooh, can I nominate the coral spinel to be set next? I’d love to see what you do with that one

Sometimes I look at that stone and I'm like, this is such an interesting color (it's reallllly sparkly). And then sometimes I'm on the fence about it. I think it's just because I can't quite place the color. The AGL simply called it orangey-pink. Thank you for the encouragement!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a "dodgy" colored spinel... I call it coral. But it's one of those off-colors. lol I sort of love pink zircon though! It has that earthy-rose color to it. Is it humongous like your other pretties? :mrgreen:

Ooh can I see it please!!!! I love coral!!! I think coral, I think padparadscha colour!

Zircon is 5 carats! I'll try to grab a pic. It's very brown to me. Dusky pink occasionally but usually just plain old brown. The vendor who sold it was sometimes creative with lighting I think and I bought it before I knew anything about CS! Pink zircon is not really pink!!!

Ooh can I see it please!!!! I love coral!!! I think coral, I think padparadscha colour!

Zircon is 5 carats! I'll try to grab a pic. It's very brown to me. Dusky pink occasionally but usually just plain old brown. The vendor who sold it was sometimes creative with lighting I think and I bought it before I knew anything about CS! Pink zircon is not really pink!!!

Oh I'd love to see a photo, please! Here is the "coral" spinel. My pad is a pinkish-orange and much more pastel. This guy has stronger/richer color and the dominant hue is pink (IMO).

Capturef5vrtgb7i.jpg

Looooooove it!!! Haha my perfect pad colour!!!! Looooooove

How big is this beauty?

I'm glad to you like! It was actually sold to me as a "pad" spinel by Jim McCormick, but in person, I think the color is too intense/deep. She's not very big... let me check.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring. I can’t wait for hand shots!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! I love the pink mixed with the teal/sea green of the Paraiba! I would love to see handshots and with your other rings too!!

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello friends,

I mentioned this project a couple of times, so I wanted to show the finished results. This was my first time working with DK. Super pleased with the entire experience! While I do enjoy a collaboration, I'm starting to really appreciate how David and Amy just take your ideas and get straight to work... no constraints or hedging. We were about a month behind schedule, but I'm always willing to wait for quality. Plus, I see all of the CADs/pieces everyone shares from him here... the man is BUSY... yet he never turns anyone away. :) Anyway, here are the specs.

~Platinum and rose gold, 9g
~Paraiba tourmaline is 2ct., 9x7mm, greenish-blue, eye clean
~Pink diamonds are .60ctw., 2mm (Argyle 5P, GIA fancy intense pink, and VS)
~White diamonds are 1.65ctw., F, VS

These are David's photos, which are really lovely. I still think the stones are more vibrant in person, although I haven't seen them in a while! lol I had a video too, but it was really washed out and hazy, so I didn't bother to save it. I should receive the ring next week. Yay!

downloadtiff.jpg

download (1)tiff.jpg

download (2)tiff.jpg

download (3)tiff.jpg

Absolutely stunning!! @Autumn in New England

Thank you, ladies! I've been having fun just playing with it. I never really wear them... sacrilege, I know. :shhh:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Wear that ring if you walk to the mailbox late in the day. It glows in the dark.
What an amazing, masterful piece! Stunning squared.

Wear that ring if you walk to the mailbox late in the day. It glows in the dark.
What an amazing, masterful piece! Stunning squared.

hee hee Thank you!! I never paint my nails, but I want to match them with turquoise and pink for extra effect. lol

Wombats

Shiny_Rock
This is fabulous! Thank you for sharing. Were there any handshots? I would love to see it on

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love this color! You have such great taste! Sweet but not saccharine! (Although I love bubblegum-pink, too -- just not on my own hand!)

Was traveling for TG and stumbled into this lovely store in Seattle. This was such an amazing reddish-brown zircon -- such incredible dispersion with flashes of blue and violet. Too spendy for me but a drop-dead gorgeous "brown" center stone in person -- despite looking "meh" in the still photos! Another example of what brown can do for you (with apologies to UPS).

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 9.51.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 10.15.19 AM.png

EDIT: oops -- I guess I meant this for the "brown stones" thread but lost my bearings.

Last edited:
I love this color! You have such great taste! Sweet but not saccharine! (Although I love bubblegum-pink, too -- just not on my own hand!)

Was traveling for TG and stumbled into this lovely store in Seattle. This was such an amazing reddish-brown zircon -- such incredible dispersion with flashes of blue and violet. Too spendy for me but a drop-dead gorgeous "brown" center stone in person -- despite looking "meh" in the still photos! Another example of what brown can do for you (with apologies to UPS).

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 9.51.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 10.15.19 AM.png

EDIT: oops -- I guess I meant this for the "brown stones" thread but lost my bearings.

Oh man, I want to see the blue flashes!
wiz1.gif
I didn't notice any intense dispersion in my brown zircon, but it does have incredible sparkle (as they all do).

About the coral spinel... I feel like your Inken spinel is in the same family!! More manly though.
arniesmile.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results