shape
carat
color
clarity

New tourmaline and diamond ring :)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N and @springerspaniel DK provided the white diamonds only. I purchased the pinks from Langerman Diamonds in Brussels! They have just about every color, intensity, and size of melee you could want (both Australian and South African pinks). They also sell larger colored diamonds. Ask for Laura... she was lovely. I did have to provide my passport/license to purchase though, which I found odd? Laura said it had to do with new anti-money laundering laws in Belgium... :think:

It's a new thing I think! The ID thing. I've been hearing about it a lot recently and from other places that aren't Belgium.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! His studio lights are so bright; it's true that the color is even deeper and more beautiful in your video. Thank you for sharing!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Omg it is breathtaking! Congratulations on such a stunning piece

It's a new thing I think! The ID thing. I've been hearing about it a lot recently and from other places that aren't Belgium.

Not that new at this point, got adopted a few years ago. EU money laundering prevention legislation. For the most part it’s really annoying to deal with.

Thanks for the info! I must admit, I was hesitant at first. I figured they're such a reputable company, I'd be ok. But if we see several "Autumns" pop up in Belgium, we'll know why. lol

it's sublime. The paraiba also looks remarkably clean especially for that size. What a ring!

Thank you! I feel like it's always a compromise between color and clarity with paraibas. Generally speaking, the more copper and manganese in the crystal structure, the more included the stone tends to be (though I've seen a few really deep windex blues that are clean). Naturally, color is most important to me, but I am less tolerant of clarity issues than some other paraiba collectors (though I understand their reasoning). So I really tried hard to find a good balance of saturation and clarity with this stone. When I had it certified, I crossed my fingers that it wouldn't be clarity enhanced, as we seem to be seeing more paraibas with that treatment these days. Luckily, it was not.
1237413ff5kd0q598.gif

Thanks so much everyone for the wonderful comments!
661067tnxgp911yt.gif

M

maru8888777

Thank you! I feel like it's always a compromise between color and clarity with paraibas. Generally speaking, the more copper and manganese in the crystal structure, the more included the stone tends to be (though I've seen a few really deep windex blues that are clean). Naturally, color is most important to me, but I am less tolerant of clarity issues than some other paraiba collectors (though I understand their reasoning). So I really tried hard to find a good balance of saturation and clarity with this stone. When I had it certified, I crossed my fingers that it wouldn't be clarity enhanced, as we seem to be seeing more paraibas with that treatment these days. Luckily, it was not.
1237413ff5kd0q598.gif

I totally understand that. My velvet blue sapphire ring is pretty included, but that's because I loved the color. My red spinel also has a visible inclusion. With paraiba, though, I think I'd be like you and want it to be reasonably clean!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This ring is an absolute beauty! I adore the pink diamonds next to your tourmaline and the white diamond, rounds are marquise are gorgeous! Wear in much joy and health!

This ring is an absolute beauty! I adore the pink diamonds next to your tourmaline and the white diamond, rounds are marquise are gorgeous! Wear in much joy and health!

Thank you for the kind words! I was told the ring would look better with the pink diamonds on the outside (and the white set closest to the paraiba), so there'd be more contrast. But that would have cost a fortune or I would have had to go with smaller stones. So I'm glad you like the look I ultimately went with! :))

*I need to correct something... I initially said .60ctw. of pink diamonds. This is what I purchased from Langerman, so I'd have extra. But we didn't use them all in the ring. So this piece has about .50ctw. of pink diamonds. I just noticed this on David's appraisal and felt the need to update the specs!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N and @springerspaniel DK provided the white diamonds only. I purchased the pinks from Langerman Diamonds in Brussels! They have just about every color, intensity, and size of melee you could want (both Australian and South African pinks). They also sell larger colored diamonds. Ask for Laura... she was lovely. I did have to provide my passport/license to purchase though, which I found odd? Laura said it had to do with new anti-money laundering laws in Belgium... :think:

Thank you so much for the info! They are such an amazing color and intensity. Do each melee have an Argyle and GIA report? And may I ask if there are import taxes from Belgium to U.S.?

Thank you so much for the info! They are such an amazing color and intensity. Do each melee have an Argyle and GIA report? And may I ask if there are import taxes from Belgium to U.S.?

I sent a sample to the GIA for certification, but they did not come with any documentation, except for paperwork from Langerman. Nope, the US does not impose duties/taxes on importing unset gems. Isn't that awesome?! Finished jewelry is taxed, however.

I've purchased from langermans before and they are great to work with

I was daydreaming about this guy today...
daydreaming.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent a sample to the GIA for certification, but they did not come with any documentation, except for paperwork from Langerman. Nope, the US does not impose duties/taxes on importing unset gems. Isn't that awesome?! Finished jewelry is taxed, however.

Thank you for the info, that is so helpful! And great to hear about the duties/taxes.

Knew it was too good to be true. This whole story is starting to unravel...

:mrgreen2:

You caught me! lol I almost feel like I'm cheating myself if I misrepresent something. I bought 16 stones and we used 14. If I were a toddler (I have the maturity of one... and a boy nonetheless), I could make itsy bitsy micro studs with the remaining 2.
467249l1ysvuxr36.gif

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
DK overnighted the ring for Saturday delivery (for free). How awesome is he? Received it today! I am losing daylight here, but managed to snap a couple of videos. The first was taken under direct natural light, and the second under indirect natural light. Dusk is probably not the best time of day to showcase CS, but I couldn't wait!

Incredible. You have a good eye for design. Need hand shots please.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a beautiful combo of colours and the design is stunning. Congratulations!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results