shape
carat
color
clarity

New tourmaline and diamond ring :)

Hello friends,

I mentioned this project a couple of times, so I wanted to show the finished results. This was my first time working with DK. Super pleased with the entire experience! While I do enjoy a collaboration, I'm starting to really appreciate how David and Amy just take your ideas and get straight to work... no constraints or hedging. We were about a month behind schedule, but I'm always willing to wait for quality. Plus, I see all of the CADs/pieces everyone shares from him here... the man is BUSY... yet he never turns anyone away. :) Anyway, here are the specs.

~Platinum and rose gold, 9g
~Paraiba tourmaline is 2ct., 9x7mm, greenish-blue, eye clean
~Pink diamonds are .60ctw., 2mm (Argyle 5P, GIA fancy intense pink, and VS)
~White diamonds are 1.65ctw., F, VS

These are David's photos, which are really lovely. I still think the stones are more vibrant in person, although I haven't seen them in a while! lol I had a video too, but it was really washed out and hazy, so I didn't bother to save it. I should receive the ring next week. Yay!

downloadtiff.jpg

download (1)tiff.jpg

download (2)tiff.jpg

download (3)tiff.jpg

@2Neezers You must be next in the queue... now I'm dying to see your "sister" ring! They were birthed together. lol

dvj

Shiny_Rock
Hello friends,

I mentioned this project a couple of times, so I wanted to show the finished results. This was my first time working with DK. Super pleased with the entire experience! While I do enjoy a collaboration, I'm starting to really appreciate how David and Amy just take your ideas and get straight to work... no constraints or hedging. We were about a month behind schedule, but I'm always willing to wait for quality. Plus, I see all of the CADs/pieces everyone shares from him here... the man is BUSY... yet he never turns anyone away. :) Anyway, here are the specs.

These are David's photos, which are really lovely. I still think the stones are more vibrant in person, although I haven't seen them in a while! lol I had a video too, but it was really washed out and hazy, so I didn't bother to save it. I should receive the ring next week. Yay!

downloadtiff.jpg

download (1)tiff.jpg

download (2)tiff.jpg

download (3)tiff.jpg

What a beautiful ring! This is so cool.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!!:kiss2: Your ring is gorgeous!!! :love:
I absolutely love your paraiba and the pink diamonds are the perfect color compliment. The white diamonds frame the piece perfectly! It is stunning!! I can’t wait to see more pictures. Congratulations!!

@2Neezers You must be next in the queue... now I'm dying to see your "sister" ring! They were birthed together. lol
David wrote with a question and told me my ring is in the works right now :))

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Oooh a clean paraiba and pink diamonds, gorgeous . Wear it in good health. Beautiful ring.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, this is so incredibly beautiful. :love: I adore the colors and the setting. I keep staring at the photos in awe. Did DK source the pinks, or where did you get them from? That shade of pink is utter perfection.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello friends,

downloadtiff.jpg

download (1)tiff.jpg

download (2)tiff.jpg

download (3)tiff.jpg

1668240104279.png
major swoon

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Be still, my heart! It's lovely! :kiss2:

You know, someday you're gonna eventually set that gorgeous ruby of yours and that is the day I will be so green with envy, I'll actually turn into She-Hulk.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E677EE7C-A177-4AD2-9451-58043A8E9281.gif

Um…Holy Freaking Guacamole! :love::love::love:
I was among the many people who were waiting to see your paraiba ring but I was not expecting this…this…simply stunning creation. It’s magnificent! You may already know I’m obsessed with paraibas so I’d love it regardless, but your setting really is the perfect compliment to the center stone. I love the pink diamond halo and the way it compliments the paraiba color beautifully. Plus the diamond halo adds so much shape & dimension. Oh, man, what a killer ring!

PS. DK’s pics and videos almost always show gemstones poorly. This is going to look incredible in person, I can’t wait to see more pics.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Beyond gorgeous! I saw this on DK's instagram and loved it, can't believe it would be yours! I have such a soft spot for paraiba with pink side stones :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I knew that had to be a PS ring when I saw it on IG. Can’t wait to see hand shots!

M

maru8888777

what an absolutely magnificent ring! can't wait for your pics!

@dvj, @Diamond Girl 21, @seafarm, @lilmosun, and @stracci2000

Thank you for all of the lovely compliments! I love the ring, but I find it's just as much fun when others do too.

@Mondayschild, @Lovinggems, @mellowyellowgirl, @Daisys and Diamonds, and @Avondale

It never ceases to amaze me how supportive PSers are of fellow members' goodies. Maybe it's because my family and friends couldn't be less enthused! Mellow, yes, my gems aren't the biggest, but I try to compensate with a "puffy" dress!! lol It really does trick the eye. But you don't have to worry about that. :lol-2:

@2Neezers Yippee!! Did you go with the larger or smaller accent diamonds? IYou can't miss either way. Super excited to see your "SMTG" thread now!! :mrgreen2:

@Kim N and @springerspaniel DK provided the white diamonds only. I purchased the pinks from Langerman Diamonds in Brussels! They have just about every color, intensity, and size of melee you could want (both Australian and South African pinks). They also sell larger colored diamonds. Ask for Laura... she was lovely. I did have to provide my passport/license to purchase though, which I found odd? Laura said it had to do with new anti-money laundering laws in Belgium... :think:

DK overnighted the ring for Saturday delivery (for free). How awesome is he? Received it today! I am losing daylight here, but managed to snap a couple of videos. The first was taken under direct natural light, and the second under indirect natural light. Dusk is probably not the best time of day to showcase CS, but I couldn't wait!

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK overnighted the ring for Saturday delivery (for free). How awesome is he? Received it today! I am losing daylight here, but managed to snap a couple of videos. The first was taken under direct natural light, and the second under indirect natural light. Dusk is probably not the best time of day to showcase CS, but I couldn't wait!

Woo hoo! What color! Ahhhhmazing!

M

maru8888777

it's sublime. The paraiba also looks remarkably clean especially for that size. What a ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results