shape
carat
color
clarity

New tourmaline and diamond ring :)

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Hello friends,

I mentioned this project a couple of times, so I wanted to show the finished results. This was my first time working with DK. Super pleased with the entire experience! While I do enjoy a collaboration, I'm starting to really appreciate how David and Amy just take your ideas and get straight to work... no constraints or hedging. We were about a month behind schedule, but I'm always willing to wait for quality. Plus, I see all of the CADs/pieces everyone shares from him here... the man is BUSY... yet he never turns anyone away. :) Anyway, here are the specs.

~Platinum and rose gold, 9g
~Paraiba tourmaline is 2ct., 9x7mm, greenish-blue, eye clean
~Pink diamonds are .60ctw., 2mm (Argyle 5P, GIA fancy intense pink, and VS)
~White diamonds are 1.65ctw., F, VS

These are David's photos, which are really lovely. I still think the stones are more vibrant in person, although I haven't seen them in a while! lol I had a video too, but it was really washed out and hazy, so I didn't bother to save it. I should receive the ring next week. Yay!

downloadtiff.jpg

download (1)tiff.jpg

download (2)tiff.jpg

download (3)tiff.jpg

Admiring this again today. I don’t know anything about tourmalines. How durable are they? Do you have to be careful wearing them?

@Crimson Thank you, my friend! Will do!! :mrgreen2:

@CaseyLouLou This is always a good question. If you google "paraiba tourmaline durability," you'll see a lot of discussion about the gem being quite tough and suitable for regular wear without special care. I'm not sure I totally agree. Gem grade material is a 7.5 on the Mohs scale and there is no cleavage. But it can be a bit brittle, especially as its clarity declines. In other words, highly included stones can be prone to fracturing. But I suppose that can be said for most stones. Anyway, I would still treat it with reasonable care, particularly if you're used to wearing spinels, sapphires, and diamonds, etc. or if you're rather hard on your jewels.

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
This is stunning!!! the paraiba's color is simply magical (and so clean too!). Huge congrats!:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DK overnighted the ring for Saturday delivery (for free). How awesome is he? Received it today! I am losing daylight here, but managed to snap a couple of videos. The first was taken under direct natural light, and the second under indirect natural light. Dusk is probably not the best time of day to showcase CS, but I couldn't wait!

Your ring looks sooo gorgeous in your videos!! :love: The color of your paraiba pops!
I love that the design follows the curve of the finger and looks like it would be very comfortable to wear. This is a ring that CS dreams are made of!

@2Neezers Yippee!! Did you go with the larger or smaller accent diamonds? IYou can't miss either way. Super excited to see your "SMTG" thread now!! :mrgreen2:
I ended up going with the smaller diamonds :)). I liked both options, but for some reason I kept gravitating towards that version. I’ll be sure to share once it’s arrives!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK overnighted the ring for Saturday delivery (for free). How awesome is he? Received it today! I am losing daylight here, but managed to snap a couple of videos. The first was taken under direct natural light, and the second under indirect natural light. Dusk is probably not the best time of day to showcase CS, but I couldn't wait!

Gorgeous color and design :love:

Maybe a group photo of your lovelies in the works?
Or something in the ‘show your rings on one hand’ thread?
:D Please?

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Autumn in New England !!! HOLY MACKEREL that is one fantastically gorgeous ring!!! I love love love the color combo and that halo is TDF! Your videos show the color so much better :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: You design such beautiful rings - wear this one (and all your lovelies) in health & happiness!

Also...hand shots pretty please!

Also also...I vote #JOTW like @LilAlex did. Colored gemstone posts can be JOTW! Look at monarch64 's beautiful citrine ring!

Your ring looks sooo gorgeous in your videos!! :love: The color of your paraiba pops!
I love that the design follows the curve of the finger and looks like it would be very comfortable to wear. This is a ring that CS dreams are made of!

I ended up going with the smaller diamonds :)). I liked both options, but for some reason I kept gravitating towards that version. I’ll be sure to share once it’s arrives!

I look forward to it!!
thum12.gif

Gorgeous color and design :love:

Maybe a group photo of your lovelies in the works?
Or something in the ‘show your rings on one hand’ thread?
:D Please?

I don't think I have enough rings yet! :lol-2: The majority of my gems are still unset. *sigh* But I'm flattered you would ask. One day, for sure!!

My vision when I started collecting was to have one gem in every color of the rainbow... that was meant to limit my spending (only 7 stones!). Then it started veering into all different tertiary colors. lol I'm obsessed with rainbows and completeness (OCD much?). Obviously, there's an infinite number of gem colors, if one is so inclined, so my plan failed miserably. Still, I have far fewer gems than some fellow PSers with impressive collections. Here's what I'm working with so far...

Ruby
Red spinel
Coral spinel
Padparadscha
Spessartine
Imperial topaz
Danburite
Chrysoberyl
Tsavorite
Emerald
Mint grossular
Paraiba
Blue sapphire
Periwinkle sapphire
Lavender amethyst
Purple garnet
Light purplish-pink spinel
Light warm pink tourmaline
Hot pink rubellite
Mahenge pink spinel
Gray spinel
Black spinel
(I will be adding a black opal to my collection as well.)

Do you notice any color gaps? If so, shout them out, because I'm always looking for a transition colored gem I don't yet have.
nuts.gif
Actually, in looking at my list now, I see that I don't have a brown. But I sort of hate brown.
horse51.gif
What's a nice brown gem (besides smoky quartz, which is mostly irradiated))?

@Autumn in New England !!! HOLY MACKEREL that is one fantastically gorgeous ring!!! I love love love the color combo and that halo is TDF! Your videos show the color so much better :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: You design such beautiful rings - wear this one (and all your lovelies) in health & happiness!

Also...hand shots pretty please!

Also also...I vote #JOTW like @LilAlex did. Colored gemstone posts can be JOTW! Look at monarch64 's beautiful citrine ring!

Thank you for all of the wonderful feedback, my friend! I plan to take some hand shots this weekend. It's dark here now once I get home from work. wah!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think I have enough rings yet! :lol-2: The majority of my gems are still unset. *sigh* But I'm flattered you would ask. One day, for sure!!

My vision when I started collecting was to have one gem in every color of the rainbow... that was meant to limit my spending (only 7 stones!). Then it started veering into all different tertiary colors. lol I'm obsessed with rainbows and completeness (OCD much?). Obviously, there's an infinite number of gem colors, if one is so inclined, so my plan failed miserably. Still, I have far fewer gems than some fellow PSers with impressive collections. Here's what I'm working with so far...

Ruby
Red spinel
Coral spinel
Padparadscha
Spessartine
Imperial topaz
Danburite
Chrysoberyl
Tsavorite
Emerald
Mint grossular
Paraiba
Blue sapphire
Periwinkle sapphire
Lavender amethyst
Purple garnet
Hot pink rubellite
Mahenge pink spinel
Gray spinel
Black spinel

Do you notice any color gaps? If so, shout them out, because I'm always looking for a transition colored gem I don't yet have.
nuts.gif
Actually, in looking at my list now, I see that I don't have a brown. But I sort of hate brown.
horse51.gif

Omg we need group pictures of your whole gem family! :eek2:

M

maru8888777

Ruby
Red spinel
Coral spinel
Padparadscha
Spessartine
Imperial topaz
Danburite
Chrysoberyl
Tsavorite
Emerald
Mint grossular
Paraiba
Blue sapphire
Periwinkle sapphire
Lavender amethyst
Purple garnet
Hot pink rubellite
Mahenge pink spinel
Gray spinel
Black spinel

nuts.gif
horse51.gif

@LilAlex has a beautiful brown chrysoberyl that is just to die for!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
horse51.gif

How about andalusite?

(I hate any hint of brown but I love wearing mine in the fall as it matches the colors of the leaves as they change colors)

Ring_Andalusite.jpg

(I can totally sympathize on how addictive collecting CS's can be...the PS effect..looking forward to seeing even more amazing pieces from you.)

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what I was thinking of too - zircon. I've always wanted one and they do come in brown. Actually, I believe blue zircons are created by heating the brown material.

hehe I have a pinkish brown zircon that I wear with abandon because it's a dodgy colour. Oddly enough as fate would have it, it is NEVER knocked or dinked even though I seriously do not care about it!

You are so orderly in the way you collect colours!!!! Can't wait to see them set!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
You know what I was thinking of too - zircon. I've always wanted one and they do come in brown. Actually, I believe blue zircons are created by heating the brown material.

Zircon came to my mind too. There are also a lot of champagne colored stones that could fall into the brown category. But I don’t think brown really counts as a color.

I fell in love with spinels and ended up collecting all kinds of colors. I’m almost out of options which is a good thing but now I’m thinking I need a Jedi. Of course.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LilAlex has a beautiful brown chrysoberyl that is just to die for!

A shout-out! Thank you, @maru8888777 and @Autumn in New England! I hardly wear it since COVID and all the hand sanitizer... And this amazing celebration-of-color thread is hardly the venue for bringing up my "brown-on-brown" ring (well, more golden-on-green-gold)!

I like brown. On my short list is a "true" light or very light brown diamond -- either fancy or even faint (like a low-color M - Z). Not a yellow or yellow-brown or champagne but a pure "cocoa-colored" cool pale brown. I don't know why. Not super-spendy but not super common, either. Maybe set in unplated 18K palladium white gold -- which has a lovely brownish "pull." Seems like something Hemmerle might do if they had my modest budget. And limited imagination. Oh, and still made jewelry for humans.

And I did have my eye on a big and (local!) orange zircon.

Mazlou

Rough_Rock

Ruby
Red spinel
Coral spinel
Padparadscha
Spessartine
Imperial topaz
Danburite
Chrysoberyl
Tsavorite
Emerald
Mint grossular
Paraiba
Blue sapphire
Periwinkle sapphire
Lavender amethyst
Purple garnet
Hot pink rubellite
Mahenge pink spinel
Gray spinel
Black spinel

nuts.gif
horse51.gif

Oooh, can I nominate the coral spinel to be set next? I’d love to see what you do with that one

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello friends,

I mentioned this project a couple of times, so I wanted to show the finished results. This was my first time working with DK. Super pleased with the entire experience! While I do enjoy a collaboration, I'm starting to really appreciate how David and Amy just take your ideas and get straight to work... no constraints or hedging. We were about a month behind schedule, but I'm always willing to wait for quality. Plus, I see all of the CADs/pieces everyone shares from him here... the man is BUSY... yet he never turns anyone away. :) Anyway, here are the specs.

~Platinum and rose gold, 9g
~Paraiba tourmaline is 2ct., 9x7mm, greenish-blue, eye clean
~Pink diamonds are .60ctw., 2mm (Argyle 5P, GIA fancy intense pink, and VS)
~White diamonds are 1.65ctw., F, VS

These are David's photos, which are really lovely. I still think the stones are more vibrant in person, although I haven't seen them in a while! lol I had a video too, but it was really washed out and hazy, so I didn't bother to save it. I should receive the ring next week. Yay!

downloadtiff.jpg

download (1)tiff.jpg

download (2)tiff.jpg

download (3)tiff.jpg

Oh it's so gorgeous! I love everything about it!!

How about andalusite?

(I hate any hint of brown but I love wearing mine in the fall as it matches the colors of the leaves as they change colors)

Ring_Andalusite.jpg

(I can totally sympathize on how addictive collecting CS's can be...the PS effect..looking forward to seeing even more amazing pieces from you.)

Ah yes! A totally underrated gem. And yours is a beauty!! Thank you for sharing (and for the reminder). It's funny... usually when we're shopping gems, we're conditioned to avoid brown tones at all costs. But brown gems themselves can be really rich and beautiful. It's a paradox!

hehe I have a pinkish brown zircon that I wear with abandon because it's a dodgy colour. Oddly enough as fate would have it, it is NEVER knocked or dinked even though I seriously do not care about it!

You are so orderly in the way you collect colours!!!! Can't wait to see them set!

I have a "dodgy" colored spinel... I call it coral. But it's one of those off-colors. lol I sort of love pink zircon though! It has that earthy-rose color to it. Is it humongous like your other pretties? :mrgreen:

Sphene and cobalt spinel? Or you may already have these two.

These are great suggestions... so with sphene, it's just too soft for me. But every time I see it, I'm absolutely mesmerized by its fire. I do own some cobalt spinel melee. But I haven't found a "main" stone in that really vivid color that I can afford. But, man, that would be at the top of my list.

A shout-out! Thank you, @maru8888777 and @Autumn in New England! I hardly wear it since COVID and all the hand sanitizer... And this amazing celebration-of-color thread is hardly the venue for bringing up my "brown-on-brown" ring (well, more golden-on-green-gold)!

I like brown. On my short list is a "true" light or very light brown diamond -- either fancy or even faint (like a low-color M - Z). Not a yellow or yellow-brown or champagne but a pure "cocoa-colored" cool pale brown. I don't know why. Not super-spendy but not super common, either. Maybe set in unplated 18K palladium white gold -- which has a lovely brownish "pull." Seems like something Hemmerle might do if they had my modest budget. And limited imagination. Oh, and still made jewelry for humans.

And I did have my eye on a big and (local!) orange zircon.

I love those cool cinnamon brown tones too! Zircon, from what I've been browsing, seems to come in those shades and then the warmer orange-browns and also red-browns (which I don't like as much). I didn't waste any time, and grabbed a 5ct. "orange" zircon last night. They called it orange, I think it's an amber or cider color. So cheap!! When you're shopping orange (and even brown) zircon, Alex, be careful. The majority of it is heat-treated (if that bugs you). The ones from Singida, Tanzania are, to my knowledge, the only ones that are not uniformly heated. :)

P.S. I hope you buy that local zircon and I hope you have it set with Gary Roe. eeeeeeee!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results