shape
carat
color
clarity

New Jeff White drop. Drool Drool

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! I can''t wait to see it - I love the color!

Linda, congrats!!! That pad''s definitely going to a great home!

jvLin

Rough_Rock
May I ask, what''s so special about Jeff White cuts? Is it just the exceptional quality, or is there something that I''m missing?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I would say exceptional quality. This is going to be the third gem I''ve purchased from Jeff, and I have gems from other very very good cutters (Dan Stair, Barry Bridgestock, Richard Homer). They''re all beautiful, without a doubt! And of course, Richard does do different (concave) cuts from the others. I think with any of them, including Jeff, you know that you''re getting an extremely well cut stone that is going to sparkle like nothing other. Plus, for me, I love colored stones but I''m still very new to it, so I like having their eye and expertise when it comes to colors, cuts and potential roughs.

Basically, after buying from Jeff and the others, there''s no way I could ever go back to just buying regular colored stones in a store...the difference in quality is very discernible, and well worth the extra price for me.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, did anyone here buy the Spinel??? There was a sold sign on it!!!!!

Linda

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, ladies! I was temporarily panicked when I saw his email this morning as I had NO time to really look at the stones in depth. I adored the pad and blue sapphires, and am thrilled for Linda! I wish I could make myself buy the blue one, but I just can''t make myself do it when I consider how much it would end up being with side stones and a Leon setting, which it certainly deserves.
39.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 9:55:10 PM
Author: jvLin
May I ask, what''s so special about Jeff White cuts? Is it just the exceptional quality, or is there something that I''m missing?

The cutting is fantastic...spend some time looking at colored stones and you''ll see how rare it is to find exceptional cuts on colored stones.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My favourite is the pinkish red zircon. Come on, it is red, sparjly ans inspired by the old mine cut!

Won''t anyone give me anice Christmas present? My budget still needs to recover from my recent spess fest...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 11:48:22 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 12/11/2008 9:55:10 PM
Author: jvLin

The cutting is fantastic...spend some time looking at colored stones and you''ll see how rare it is to find exceptional cuts on colored stones.
Yes, many colored stones are native cut (at the mine) and they are not well cut. Jeff and some others do perfect cutting that really maximizes the beauty of the stones!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fine cutting is very important, but I''m a color purist when it comes to gemstones. I really look at color first, then cutting. I much rather have a stone with a top notch or very unique color and bad cutting, then a stone with a good color but top notch cutting. The reason being is that you can always find someone to recut the stone, and color to me is the most important thing when buying colored gemstones. That color really has to speak to me, and it also makes it easy to find bargains when the color is great but the cutting is so-so. However, I do realize that there are many people that prefer fine cutting above all other factors, and that''s fine as well.
emsmile.gif
Sometimes a good cut can really bring out the beauty in a stone and make the color look better. What is rare is to find an exceptional top notch color with a super fine cut.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 12:48:07 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 12/11/2008 12:46:53 PM
Author: Linda W
Guess who bought the PADPARADSCHA????????? I did!!!!!!! I can''t wait to get it!!!! Jeff is so wonderful to talk too. He was laughing on the phone, when I told him I was a pad addict and his stone was the most beautiful I ever saw. He said wait until I see it in person.
woohoo.gif

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/cheerleader1.gif

I asked him if the stone was heated and he said yes. That doesn''t bother me one bit. I love it!!!!!

cheerleader1.gif
Oh miss Linda - i hoped that Pad went to you! i looked back on the scoop again today and realized so many were taken, but i had a sneaky feeling you got that gorgeous pad - when do we get to see it IRL?
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 7:32:21 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
IceKid, blowing my gem budget definitely doesn''t stop me - case in point, I e-mailed Jeff about the smaller blue-green tourmaline an hour after GemScoop came out...and I was first! Yay! Bad for wallet...and my resolution to NOT buy any more gems this calendar year.... but oh well....

SanDiegoLady, that sapphire has me questioning if I want a diamond for an ering, haha. It''s so beautiful...sigh...

Brown.Eyed.Girl - yay!!!! if i had been able to buy myself a stone, that is THE ONE i would have picked too - the color is incredible. I absolutely cannot wait to see what you do with it - congrats!

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
Jeff just sent me an email saying that I am first in line to view the unheated/untreated 3+ ct. sapphire. I''m sooo excited!! Big thank you to Inanna who alerted me to the Gemscoop in one of my posts. Have a call into Jeff to work out the logistics.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Brendaman! I hope you love it - what a beautiful stone!

And thank you Violet!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS BEG and Linda on your new pretties!!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lori, I am so excited and can''t wait to receive my new beauty
35.gif
36.gif

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results