shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW New eternity band

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Comfortable is a big plus at our stage of the game! My five stone is very low set and I have worn it for years. I attribute its wearability to being low set as it interferes with nothing I do and no scratching or picking clothes. Glad yours does the same for you as it will make it very enjoyable!!

I utterly agree. "Fashion for fashion's sake, with no regard for comfort" left me a lotta years ago. It has to work for me on all levels these days, before I open my wallet.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I utterly agree. "Fashion for fashion's sake, with no regard for comfort" left me a lotta years ago. It has to work for me on all levels these days, before I open my wallet.

Absolutely! If something is unwearable for whatever reason, it is just a waste of money to me. With age comes wisdom mrs-b - that is one saving Grace I have found in aging - lol! And Grace seems to always want to be capitalized!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Well that's about the least inspiring thread title possible for what is a glorious eternity band!

I've been collecting these diamonds for years - never really making it a priority - more just a case of my DH telling me from time to time that he had nothing particular for a birthday or Christmas, or that he wanted to add an extra little something, and I'd ask for another diamond. This has been going on for years via a meandering, stress-free path, till finally I hit the number needed and sent them all off to Amy at DKJ with various design suggestions...and here we are.

I wanted "low". Lowlowlowlowlow! I wanted a fishtail sort of design, nicely squared off prongs that were still softened enough not to catch, and that didn't look 'sharp'. I wanted clean - not tizzy - classic - and that's exactly what I got. I also wanted the diamonds tightly set - no obvious gaps between each stone - and these are set about as closely as possible. And, despite how it might look in the photos, these prongs are minute.

The diamonds are 4.3ctw (roughly 27 points each), all E VS/VVS - all ideal specs, very well matched - just beautiful, beautiful diamonds, set in a platinum setting that hits all the bases. It's substantial, but sits low enough not to be bothersome, and is secure enough to be worn in every and any situation.

I'm 100% happy with it. I was in no rush to get this ring, and it will also be the last eternity band I get. I have one now in yellow gold and this one in platinum and, together, they hit all bases. So this is it for me and eternity bands, and I'm utterly content. What a nice thing to be able to say!

Just a few shots....

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

Beautiful, @mrs-b. You always get great bling!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a lovely band.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I just wanted to pop in (for another gawk at your glorious eternity of course!) and to say I just love your new profile pic. Despite everything you've been through with your health in recent times, you eminate so much grace and joy, and natural beauty.

(And I know I've said it before, but your skin is to die for!!)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I just wanted to pop in (for another gawk at your glorious eternity of course!) and to say I just love your new profile pic. Despite everything you've been through with your health in recent times, you eminate so much grace and joy, and natural beauty.

(And I know I've said it before, but your skin is to die for!!)

Awww - thank you, @Dandi! I'm 63 and hanging in there the best I can! This photo was taken last Saturday after dinner out with my DH - which is probably why I look so happy. ::) <3

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous size diamonds for an eternity! Beautiful!:kiss2:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b Do you still love your eternity? During lockdown I was bored and as soon as DK was running again, I had him remake my eternity into a bezel setting and sized for my right hand. It is beautiful but I just don't wear it, can't get used to it on that hand. Would it be ok to have DK use your design for my ring?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow, what a gorgeous ring!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Do you still love your eternity? During lockdown I was bored and as soon as DK was running again, I had him remake my eternity into a bezel setting and sized for my right hand. It is beautiful but I just don't wear it, can't get used to it on that hand. Would it be ok to have DK use your design for my ring?

Absolutely - pls tell Amy that you asked and I said it was ok. And yes. I LOVE my eternity. I wear it a couple of days a week, along with Beloved x 3 a couple of days a week, and my plain wedding band the rest of the time. I wear my other rings if I go out - particularly in the evenings - but those 3 are the ones I wear in everyday life. That eternity, especially at that ctw, will take you anywhere; not so big as to look out of place, but too substantial to ignore. LOVE it!

Will look forward to seeing where you go with yours! Good luck!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Well that's about the least inspiring thread title possible for what is a glorious eternity band!

I've been collecting these diamonds for years - never really making it a priority - more just a case of my DH telling me from time to time that he had nothing particular for a birthday or Christmas, or that he wanted to add an extra little something, and I'd ask for another diamond. This has been going on for years via a meandering, stress-free path, till finally I hit the number needed and sent them all off to Amy at DKJ with various design suggestions...and here we are.

I wanted "low". Lowlowlowlowlow! I wanted a fishtail sort of design, nicely squared off prongs that were still softened enough not to catch, and that didn't look 'sharp'. I wanted clean - not tizzy - classic - and that's exactly what I got. I also wanted the diamonds tightly set - no obvious gaps between each stone - and these are set about as closely as possible. And, despite how it might look in the photos, these prongs are minute.

The diamonds are 4.3ctw (roughly 27 points each), all E VS/VVS - all ideal specs, very well matched - just beautiful, beautiful diamonds, set in a platinum setting that hits all the bases. It's substantial, but sits low enough not to be bothersome, and is secure enough to be worn in every and any situation.

I'm 100% happy with it. I was in no rush to get this ring, and it will also be the last eternity band I get. I have one now in yellow gold and this one in platinum and, together, they hit all bases. So this is it for me and eternity bands, and I'm utterly content. What a nice thing to be able to say!

Just a few shots....

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

What a gorgeous collection you have! I have been drooling over your three stone ring, and now this eternity band! Wow, just Wow!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b I love this band so much!! Especially how low profile it is... would you happen to remember the height of the band?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't, I'm sorry. Just...low?

I think your beautiful ring ( :love: ) might be a stock item now on their Etsy page?
i could be wrong tho! But that might help others in asking questions on it?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your beautiful ring ( :love: ) might be a stock item now on their Etsy page?
i could be wrong tho! But that might help others in asking questions on it?

Ahhhh - I'm really pleased she did that! I suggested to Amy that it might be something that would appeal to a lot of other people, tho I suggested palladium and lab diamonds. Just a way to get the same look, as cheaply as possible. Mine also had a level of hand finish that I think shows in my ring. The prongs are smaller and softer and I think the diamonds sit closer. But since each is made to order, the customer could request whatever they wanted at the time of ordering.

And again - AH! Just took a look at the stats on the one on Etsy, and the lab diamonds in this ring are roughly 22 points each (3.58ctw), whereas mine were 27 (4.32ctw). So I'm thinking that accounts for the gap between the stones.

Anyway, I've never done a lab diamond piece, but I do think this would be a perfect ring for them, if this was your fancy.

Thanks for posting this, @Rfisher - and Merry Christmas to you!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:
Merry Christmas to you too!

I’m glad you specified their listing is not using a pic of your exact ring! Not that I’d expect them to, but think that will clarify someone’s expectations that’s interested in it. Both in the ring and the look of the lab stones as well.

It’s a beauty - enjoy it well!
Ahhhh - I'm really pleased she did that! I suggested to Amy that it might be something that would appeal to a lot of other people, tho I suggested palladium and lab diamonds. Just a way to get the same look, as cheaply as possible. Mine also had a level of hand finish that I think shows in my ring. The prongs are smaller and softer and I think the diamonds sit closer. But since each is made to order, the customer could request whatever they wanted at the time of ordering.

And again - AH! Just took a look at the stats on the one on Etsy, and the lab diamonds in this ring are roughly 22 points each (3.58ctw), whereas mine were 27 (4.32ctw). So I'm thinking that accounts for the gap between the stones.

Anyway, I've never done a lab diamond piece, but I do think this would be a perfect ring for them, if this was your fancy.

Thanks for posting this, @Rfisher - and Merry Christmas to you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:
Merry Christmas to you too!

I’m glad you specified their listing is not using a pic of your exact ring! Not that I’d expect them to, but think that will clarify someone’s expectations that’s interested in it. Both in the ring and the look of the lab stones as well.

It’s a beauty - enjoy it well!

I have a feeling that Amy has dropped the size of the diamonds with the intention of keeping the depth to no more than 2.5mm. She hasn't said this - but I suspect it might be the case.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results