shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW New eternity band

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that's about the least inspiring thread title possible for what is a glorious eternity band!

I've been collecting these diamonds for years - never really making it a priority - more just a case of my DH telling me from time to time that he had nothing particular for a birthday or Christmas, or that he wanted to add an extra little something, and I'd ask for another diamond. This has been going on for years via a meandering, stress-free path, till finally I hit the number needed and sent them all off to Amy at DKJ with various design suggestions...and here we are.

I wanted "low". Lowlowlowlowlow! I wanted a fishtail sort of design, nicely squared off prongs that were still softened enough not to catch, and that didn't look 'sharp'. I wanted clean - not tizzy - classic - and that's exactly what I got. I also wanted the diamonds tightly set - no obvious gaps between each stone - and these are set about as closely as possible. And, despite how it might look in the photos, these prongs are minute.

The diamonds are 4.3ctw (roughly 27 points each), all E VS/VVS - all ideal specs, very well matched - just beautiful, beautiful diamonds, set in a platinum setting that hits all the bases. It's substantial, but sits low enough not to be bothersome, and is secure enough to be worn in every and any situation.

I'm 100% happy with it. I was in no rush to get this ring, and it will also be the last eternity band I get. I have one now in yellow gold and this one in platinum and, together, they hit all bases. So this is it for me and eternity bands, and I'm utterly content. What a nice thing to be able to say!

Just a few shots....

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

Last edited:

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
Well that's about the least inspiring thread title possible for what is a glorious eternity band!

I've been collecting these diamonds for years - never really making it a priority - more just a case of my DH telling me from time to time that he had nothing particular for a birthday or Christmas, or that he wanted to add an extra little something, and I'd ask for another diamond. This has been going on for years via a meandering, stress-free path, till finally I hit the number needed and sent them all off to Amy at DKJ with various design suggestions...and here we are.

I wanted "low". Lowlowlowlowlow! I wanted a fishtail sort of design, nicely squared off prongs that were still softened enough not to catch, and that didn't look 'sharp'. I wanted clean - not tizzy - classic - and that's exactly what I got.
The diamonds are 4.3ctw (roughly 27 points each), all E VS/VVS - all ideal specs, very well matched - just beautiful, beautiful diamonds, set in a platinum setting that hits all the bases. It's substantial, but sits low enough not to be bothersome, and is secure enough to be worn in every and any situation.

I'm 100% happy with it. I was in no rush to get this ring, and it will also be the last eternity band I get. I have one now in yellow gold and this one in platinum and, together, they hit all bases. So this is it for me and eternity bands, and I'm utterly content. What a nice thing to be able to say!

Just a few shots....

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

Beautiful, elegant and timeless! Wishing you much joy with her for many, many years!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s a gorgeous eternity, inspiring title or not. Love the profile especially. I’ve been doing the same, collecting stones with a vague idea of eventually putting an eternity band together. No specific design in mind yet, but yours is definitely inspiring!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! (And substantial, wow!)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful! Will you wear it alone or with other rings?

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous. Wear it in good health. Looks great on you. Are you planning to stack it or wear it alone?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning @mrs-b :kiss2:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love:Fab-tastic design. I love the profile and it's the stuff of my need everything to be as low set as possible dreams. I want one with red spinel.
You have a stunning collection of bands.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice and sparkly - so glad you are happy with the new ring. I too like that it is low set as that will make it so comfortable to wear. Enjoy it mrs-b!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welp, @mrs-b this is just utter perfection. Love the heft of platinum. The stones are delish and the profile is so beautiful! Enjoy!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just a few more....

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

And that's it, folks! :wavey:

Sheer perfection and I love the design that adds a different spin on a classic style. :kiss2:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Such a classic beauty! :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I wanted "low". Lowlowlowlowlow! I wanted a fishtail sort of design, nicely squared off prongs that were still softened enough not to catch, and that didn't look 'sharp'. I wanted clean - not tizzy - classic - and that's exactly what I got. I also wanted the diamonds tightly set - no obvious gaps between each stone - and these are set about as closely as possible. And, despite how it might look in the photos, these prongs are minute.

Just a few shots....

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

what a collection ! :appl:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
btw your tree is flowering, all be it in two pieces, all all over what was the lawn and is now wilderness ! not even lightening could kill it

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's perfect!

Pegasus

Rough_Rock
She’s stunning! An amazing ratio of substantial carats : low profile

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, there are no words for how utterly PERFECT this is :kiss2:

The formidable team of @mrs-b and DKJ does it again!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! Love how you collected the diamonds over a period of time and made such a beautiful ring.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!!!!! It also looks super comfy and I bet it absolutely sparkles like crazy irl! A beautiful, classic piece to add to your incredible collection. :kiss2:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b what a delicious eternity band and thanks for sharing your wisdom on what looks like a stunning and comfortable setting!

Would love to see it stacked with your YG eternity band and understand what the differences are between them?

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE everything about this ring! Low profile, fishtail design, gorgeous diamonds, WOW!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely @mrs-b ! Low and classic...great addition to a jewelry wardrobe!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Very elegant! You certainly have vision of what you want!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
You have such exquisite taste and an eye for design @mrs-b! This is so lovely. We need more pictures, please!!!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s glorious @mrs-b, I love everything about it and the low profile makes it so wearable. I hope you enjoy your new sparkly :kiss2:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, classic, sparkle bomb!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results