shape
carat
color
clarity

New 1.58 G VS1 from GOG in Vatche U-113 Tiffany repro!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long story short, I found a diamond I was interested in when searching for someone else on Rocky Talky. I had Jonathan at Good Old Gold call it in for me so he could analyze the cut for me, as well as check out the strong blue fluorescence. My original 1 ct. diamond had med. blue which I didn't even know was there for 25 years, so I was not afraid to check out a stone with SBF since they can be a good buy. And in fact, I think it is an amazing natural feature that should command a premium (in stones with no negative effects), not a discount! I was worried because this diamond was not as technically perfect as my 1.6 H&A stone, but after viewing Jon's video, I just couldn't see a difference. It is a GIA Ex/Ex/Ex and is a 1.58 G VS1. It is just a tiny bit smaller than the 1.63 which is actually perfect since I really wanted close to 1.5 when I first started looking. So when I decided to switch to this stone, I also changed to the Vatche U-113 which is the best Tiffany repro available today, in my opinion. the diamond is set at a medium height and is not too low or too high. I considered the best version at the time when I got the Leon, but I didn't love it enough to choose it at that time. I am glad I waited because I am sure I'd be changing again! I hope you never see me on here again changing my e-ring! I think the classic Tiffany is the best for me, and I can now enjoy thinking about other projects! My primary wedding band will still be the Tiffany Legacy 2mm, but I am open to another band for variety! Sorry I am not a good diamond photographer...diamonds are always SO much more beautiful in person!

I do need to thank Jonathan for his infinite patience with me! He is just one special guy! And many thanks to Lynda who helped me with the setting, and the whole staff at GOG, too!

IMG_2883.JPG

IMG_2885.JPG

IMG_2886.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outdoor photos not in sunlight (ring size is 5.5 but I had this ring sized 5.75 because I like them a little loose).

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2894.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In direct sunlight...no haziness at all! Last pic with UV light to show the beautiful SBF!

IMG_2910.JPG

IMG_2911.JPG

IMG_2900.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks marvelous! I can't see any real difference in size from the old stone - can you? Looks like a nice, bright stone as well! I do, however, see tons of difference between the settings - this one is very pretty and looks great with your band.

So glad this saga is over for you - enjoy your new, beautiful ring!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning-! Congrats on the switch :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: Oh DS it is just gorgeous!!! It really couldnt be more perfect and I love this setting waaaaaaay more than the Leon. That stone is absolutely stunning as well. perfection :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR...thanks! And no, the diamond looks basically the same. I am sure no one I know here will notice a difference. My sister has commented in the past that she thought the diamond was set too low, so I think she would like this better if she happened to notice! But I am not telling anyone since most people would never understand upgrades and resets! :lol:

Amy...thank you so much!!!

MrsS...you have been my faithful ring friend all these years! Thank you for all your help and advice! I am so glad you like my new ring! I just can't wait until you get yours!!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

I love GOG-they are so great to work with ::)

Congratulations!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
DS it's perfect!!! That is my dream upgrade setting and stone size :love: :love: :love:

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
That is just gorgeous. The 6 prong setting is so much more perfect on a round stone and the classic Tiffany setting will NEVER go out of style. It's really so versatile. I too had mine set medium(from a different vendor). Enjoy your new pretty, it's perfect so I don't expect to see you changing it ever...... :naughty:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, it's beeeyootiful! :D I love a 6 prong setting much more than a 4 prong. I think you will love the change!

Enjoy your lovely new ring!

50shadesofblack

Shiny_Rock
I love it!!

I love the stone, I love the setting and I love the height! Purr-fect!! :appl: :appl: :love:

I think one day, when I feel like wearing a 1-1.5 stone, I will keep my ering as is and simply buy this Tiffany repro and a diamond from GOG :love:

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect! :love: :love: :appl: :love: :love:

It looks fabulous on you, DS! Again, I'm so glad you're happy, and I can see why you are. :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much! I know this is a replay of a ring that has been posted before, but I felt like the comparison to a former low setting and the SBF would be information that might be useful to someone!

vintagelover...yes, they are just wonderful at GOG!

stargurl...I am so happy to hear this is your dream setting and stone size! I think it is classic and you can't go wrong! Just remember that I waited many years before changing my original, but the day did come!!!

makemepretty....I agree about the medium height and 6 prongs! It took me a few tries, but I think I finally got it right!

Laila...I think you are right about the 6 prongs! I've had both and I do love the 6 prongs in a solitaire. I sometimes prefer 4 in other styles of rings, but I think the classic Tiffany just looks best with 6!

Ivana...now that is a great plan!!! I kept my original diamond, too!

blueiris...thanks for letting us investigate this setting on your thread! I hope it helps you get closer to a decision for your own reset! Although what you have now is certainly beautiful as well!

angelicchick

Rough_Rock
Wow! You're new ring is absolutely stunning! :love:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful. I really love the tiffany setting so this is right up my street!

Is it ok to ask why you changed your diamond? I don't recall reading that you wanted to find a different diamond. What are your plans for your Leon setting?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
AMAZEBALLS! :appl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited to see this, partly because it's a setting I'm considering for my own stone and the more information I can find on it the better! It looks absolutely lovely on you! I think you made the best choice. I really liked your Leon, but this Tiffany repro is so elegant and classic-- looks fabulous with your wedding band! I love the look of a simple, sleek engagement ring beside a blingier wedding band. Perfection! Congratulations DS :))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I love it and it looks like a blazing white ball in the hand shot!

The mount is really awesome. Amazing what a different the right setting makes.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Subtle change yet stunning! Congrats!!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I meant to ask... how comfortable is the knife edge?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have such a beautiful ring now diamondseeker! (not that it wasn't before---- didn't mean that at all! --- I mean it is even MORE beautiful now!) :love: :love: :love:

I love the setting - that is the best Tiffany repro, IMO, as well. Wonderful selection - it looks PERFECT on your hand - and you have very nice hands, btw ;-)

Glad your decisions all worked out so perfectly for you - congrats on another beautiful creation :bigsmile:

plummiecat

Shiny_Rock
I love it with your beautiful band! I'm also considering the same Vatche setting. Do the 2 rings rug together so that you are worried about damage?

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
DS-it's really lovely and suits the shape of your hand perfectly. Your photos are lovely too-and show it well!

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
DS- this is such a lovely set and it just looks incredible (and right at home!) on your hand. Congratulations on shiny new stone! :appl:

Can I ask: despite the ever so slight size difference, do you feel that the new stone looks bigger than the old stone due to the height of the setting? I have a Leon "low" and I occasionally wonder whether my stone might look bigger with a little extra height.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really classic and beautiful! Will you be changing your avatar now?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for all the nice comments angelicchick, Maisie, Ame, baby nurse, Dreamer, deco, Enerchi, plummie, coati, LittleSparkle, and mom2boys! I am so glad you like it! My PS friends are the best!!!

Questions answered below:

Maisie...Basically my old diamond had increased in value a LOT, and I figured out that I could get a new diamond, new setting, and another nice piece of jewelry for what I'd get out of my old stone. I was really planning to look for a 1.4-1.5 range stone, but when I saw this one, it would have been nuts to pay the same amount for a 1.4 without the BF. I will try to sell the Leon setting eventually.

babynurse...I do hope you get your stones set soon!!! I am not sure I would like to wear a knife edge setting alone, but since it is the same height off my finger as the wedding band, I don't feel it at all. I think the only time someone could feel it would be while they were engaged, but I don't think it is thick enough that it would really bother me. So I would never discount this setting because of the knife edge being uncomfortable. It is meant to be worn with a wedding band.

plummie...there is a little doughnut at the base of the head on the e-ring, so there is a tiny space between the two rings and they won't rub. But the key with all settings is that the wedding band cannot be too high to where it rubs prongs, and this one definitely does not at around 2mm high and neither does my Memoire at 2.3mm high.

LittleSparkle....that is a really good question! This stone is a tiny bit smaller than the old one so maybe the height balances it out? To me, it is more a matter of aesthetics. With this one, instead of looking squatty like some low tiffany repros, I see a well proportioned, medium height crown holding a diamond. The Leon would be good for a medical person or someone who needs a low setting because they wear gloves a lot.

mom2boys..yes! I will change my avatar soon! We only had a few minutes of sun today and I want to try to take some better and brighter pictures than the ones taken inside.

***I forgot to say in the original post that Vatche normally makes rings with 95plat/5iridium, but they did honor my request to make it in 90/10irid as that is a little harder alloy (no extra charge). The price on the setting will change with the price of platinum, but the price as of around 10 days ago was $1840, just in case anyone is interested in the setting.

I also did not make any requests regarding the height of the stone, and it is a perfect medium height. I wouldn't want it higher or lower than it is.

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
I have been waiting for this thread! Your new ring is 100% perfection. The stone just POPS. :love:

Do you notice the color difference between your new G, your old H and your original F?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's perfect DS!! :love: It's amazing how a few small adjustments can make such a huge difference. I love the height, it looks like it should be easy to work around in and not get hit and bumped around doing basic tasks. Congrats, I'm so happy that your thrilled with it! :appl: and it's gorgeous!! :love:

ETA could you post before and after pics of your ring? :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks Little River and Christina!

LittleRiver....my original F stone was a different cut with a huge table that let a lot of light in. That made it super bright and white with very little fire. The 1.6 stone was actually one of those stones that was borderline G-H, and Jon told me when I bought it that it scored a solid G on his colorimeter. So this stone does look the same as the last one!

Christina...here are before and after pictures:

leontiffany2.jpg

IMG_2891.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results