shape
carat
color
clarity

New 1.58 G VS1 from GOG in Vatche U-113 Tiffany repro!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
So very lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

I am so happy for you! :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1328309544|3118544 said:
diamondseeker2006|1328307415|3118523 said:
Yssie... you have a great eye when it comes to settings (and diamonds!), so I am pleased that you think my new setting is an improvement! As far as the diamond goes, I think if I had been told it was a perfect H&A, I wouldn't have been able to tell the differene and I certainly cannot detect any leakage, either. It really looks the same as the other stone in the places I have viewed it thus far. As far as the setting goes, I think it is what I have always wanted. I honestly am not seeing anything I would change. The little crown is beautifully done, and as we've already said, the height of the stone is SO much better. I like the thinness of the shank. It is just more elegant and I am sure you can relate because you have been on that journey as well! So I will have to say,I will not miss my old setting at all! :appl:

Aww, you're sweet ::) How interesting to hear that observant as I know you are, you don't feel there are any differences in light return *quality* - apparently I'm not the only one who just doesn't see it despite looking for it! I agree that these sorts of non-branded stones can provide excellent value for money, depending on what one is looking for and what vendor one is buying from..

I'm really happy to hear that you love your new setting, too :appl: you've talked about the height a few times on here, but it's good to read that everything else is to your tastes as well. It's an interesting progression actually - custom/hand-made to designer/stock/cast. I think there's definitely a way of thinking on PS that classifies the former as superior in all ways at all times and, well, that's just *not the case*!! It's great that newbies seeing this thread will see that various types of manufacture from various vendors all have virtues, and that any of them could be the "right" choice in a given situation...

Yssie, I was fortunate that Jon could not only look at the stone for me, etc., but he could also tell me that it met AGS 0 for light performance. So that was doubly reassuring that the stone would be a winner! I might not have taken the risk of buying this stone from a virtual list with no critical examination. And of course I could have still returned it in this instance if I did not like it. And trust me, I was a little nervous!

Your analysis of settings is good. I really hadn't thought about the handmade vs. designer stock setting aspect. But from my personal experience, my designer stock setting is much more perfect visually to me than the handmade one was. Since I wanted this particular style, it was a LOT safer to me to order the Vatche than it would have been to have asked Victor, SK, DBL, or anyone else to make it and then have a totally unknown result. And you can attest that even the very best don't always turn out the end result we may have in mind!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Owies Nana|1328421020|3119390 said:

Thank you so much! Are you narrowing down your choices for your stone yet? You need to be wearing that beauty!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It came out beautifully!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
absolutely gorgeous!!!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1328423011|3119407 said:
Owies Nana|1328421020|3119390 said:

Thank you so much! Are you narrowing down your choices for your stone yet? You need to be wearing that beauty!

DS,

I am trying to get to NYC for a long weekend to hand carry the stone to Yekutiel and do a little shopping. I could just FedEx it and be done with it, but I want to look around to see what else I might want to do with it before I pull the trigger. I am so afraid to make the wrong decision!

But DH said last night that if I don't like what I do with it, I can always change it! :lol: :lol: :lol: That should be some incentive to just do it!

BUT, there was an interesting wb/er combo in SMTB in the thread about spacers that showed a RB with tapered baguettes next to an eternity band. Remember, I was drawn to that particular LM setting first, because I was afraid a single stone the size of mine would look too chunky. But when I had the conversation with him, he seemed to think that the particular setting I was considering was "dated" and suggested that I use pears on either side of my stone. My current thinking is still the Vatche U-113 in platinum. You said the 900 alloy, right?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is 900 plat/100 iridium. I love the classic round with baguettes, but as we have probably discussed before, it is more limiting for wedding bands. I really think with your current collection and potential additions, something like the U-113 (as in a plain solitaire) will allow you more flexibility. But certainly that is not the only plain solitaire in the world! So I don't want to influence your decision just because I got the setting!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Amy and Motownmama!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't know how I missed this! DS, your new stone and setting are gorgeous! I love the lines of the vatache setting and I agree with you that the stone is set perfectly! It is gorgeous! Wear it on good health!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1328479815|3119724 said:
Yes, it is 900 plat/100 iridium. I love the classic round with baguettes, but as we have probably discussed before, it is more limiting for wedding bands. I really think with your current collection and potential additions, something like the U-113 (as in a plain solitaire) will allow you more flexibility. But certainly that is not the only plain solitaire in the world! So I don't want to influence your decision just because I got the setting!

I agree with you on this one: I want to be able to wear any combo from my collection and be happy with it!

On the other hand (not literally, well, maybe perhaps literally...oops, did I really just type that :-o ????!!!!!), there is something to be said for a "stand alone" ring.

Where I live, it is not uncommon to have three or four rings (wb, er, and eternities) on the left hand plus a honker on the right! :shock: :shock: :naughty:

I'm off to a Super Bowl event!

And I am so glad you are enjoying your new ring. So good to see that Jonathan is YBIC. I guess that means we are all related. :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Owies Nana...it makes me really happy to hear that! :D I actually had a feeling that might be the case. I'm glad you read the thread and caught those posts!

Oh, and I am not opposed to diamond rings on both hands, either! :lol: I am thinking I'd like an AVC or antique stone for my right hand one day!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1328480216|3119729 said:
I don't know how I missed this! DS, your new stone and setting are gorgeous! I love the lines of the vatache setting and I agree with you that the stone is set perfectly! It is gorgeous! Wear it on good health!

Thanks, yenny! My need for classic is now satisfied and now I can think about something beautiful like YOUR gorgeous ring for the future!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1328150532|3116928 said:
The sale of the old diamond will cover the cost of this diamond and setting and leave me a few thousand to buy something else. It was mainly a financial decision since I didn't have a particular sentimental attachment to that diamond or setting. This diamond looks just like the old one and the setting is vastly improved. This is one of the very rare times that a diamond turned out to be a good investment (with a little patience!).
Diamondseeker, you're great! :appl: :appl: :appl:
I'm really happy for you!
Your new solitaire is gorgeous!
:wavey:

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, sorry I'm a little late to join in on the fun! Your new stone and setting are gorgeous, beautifully classic. I can definitely understand why you made the switch given the great value in the new stone and since it's such a small size difference. Can I ask what you're planning on purchasing with the extra $$?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
purplesilk...thank you SO much!!!

kcoursolle....thank you as well!!! I honestly have not decided what to get with the extra credit I will eventually have. I'd really like an AVC, but I might have to add too much to be able to do that. I'd really like to go to GOG and look through their store!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1328116012|3116456 said:
My original 1 ct. diamond had med. blue which I didn't even know was there for 25 years, so I was not afraid to check out a stone with SBF since they can be a good buy.

I was worried because this diamond was not as technically perfect as my 1.6 H&A stone, but after viewing Jon's video, I just couldn't see a difference. It is a GIA Ex/Ex/Ex and is a 1.58 G VS1. It is just a tiny bit smaller than the 1.63

diamonseeker-

I love your diamond; its new setting; and your legacy band. I missed a part of the story, however! You had a 1 carat ring for 25 years or more. Then you had a 1.6 or 1.63 carat ring. Is the latter the ring you switched the new 1.58 carat stone ring for? If so, I missed out on that part of the story! I don't know why you got rid of the 1.63 carat ring! I doubt it was because it was set with a four prong setting, but I am trying to deduce what I can from from the evidence presented above!

Deb
:saint:

Delcasda

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006 your new rock and setting is STUNNING! Can you post me your thread of your old 1.6 stone. Sorry I've been trying to find it but am having no luck. Do you have any other shots of your old setting I only see 2 in this thread? I am upgrading my 1ct to a 1.61 SI1 I and have the Tiffany Setting as you.

Thanks;
D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1328571569|3120453 said:
diamondseeker2006|1328116012|3116456 said:
My original 1 ct. diamond had med. blue which I didn't even know was there for 25 years, so I was not afraid to check out a stone with SBF since they can be a good buy.

I was worried because this diamond was not as technically perfect as my 1.6 H&A stone, but after viewing Jon's video, I just couldn't see a difference. It is a GIA Ex/Ex/Ex and is a 1.58 G VS1. It is just a tiny bit smaller than the 1.63

diamonseeker-

I love your diamond; its new setting; and your legacy band. I missed a part of the story, however! You had a 1 carat ring for 25 years or more. Then you had a 1.6 or 1.63 carat ring. Is the latter the ring you switched the new 1.58 carat stone ring for? If so, I missed out on that part of the story! I don't know why you got rid of the 1.63 carat ring! I doubt it was because it was set with a four prong setting, but I am trying to deduce what I can from from the evidence presented above!

Deb
:saint:

Hey, Deb! Somewhere in this thread I explained it, but basically I found a new stone that was a great deal that would allow me to have it, a new setting, and a few thousand left to spend on something else for the amount my other stone was worth. It just seemed like a smart thing to do! Although we will see how it plays out since I bought the new one before the old one sold!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Delcasda|1328630644|3120868 said:
diamondseeker2006 your new rock and setting is STUNNING! Can you post me your thread of your old 1.6 stone. Sorry I've been trying to find it but am having no luck. Do you have any other shots of your old setting I only see 2 in this thread? I am upgrading my 1ct to a 1.61 SI1 I and have the Tiffany Setting as you.

Thanks;
D

Thank you so much! Here is the thread with the 1.63 set in the Leon Mege setting. It was a very nice setting but the stone was set lower than the one I have now.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thank-you-andrey-leon-jonathan-and-tiffany.80475/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thank-you-andrey-leon-jonathan-and-tiffany.80475/[/URL]

(1.63 is 7.6mm and the 1.58 is 7.48mm or so, just for reference to your stone diameter.)

Delcasda

Rough_Rock
Wow it was beautiful but I love the classic Tiffany setting. Thanks so much for sending the link, now I'm excited to see mine. Stay tuned for pics! :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, I am not sure if I posted on your thread already or not, but I sure keep coming back to look at it! Your new setting is beautiful! I love the Vatche. I love the height! It is the one thing about my Leon I wish I could change. I have a girlfriend who upgraded a year or so ago with a 1.5 in a higher setting, and boy does that ring catch my eye every time I see it. It has so much more presence than mine I think.
It is amazing what a little bit of height can do for a stone.

Can't wait to see what new bands you get to go with your new look! So versatile! Love love love. Wear it in the best of health and enjoy
it every day! You are a smart cookie to take advantage of such a wonderful opportunity!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Delcasda|1328635826|3120932 said:
Wow it was beautiful but I love the classic Tiffany setting. Thanks so much for sending the link, now I'm excited to see mine. Stay tuned for pics! :)

I know yours will be gorgeous and I will look forward to seeing the pictures! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1328643757|3121006 said:
DS, I am not sure if I posted on your thread already or not, but I sure keep coming back to look at it! Your new setting is beautiful! I love the Vatche. I love the height! It is the one thing about my Leon I wish I could change. I have a girlfriend who upgraded a year or so ago with a 1.5 in a higher setting, and boy does that ring catch my eye every time I see it. It has so much more presence than mine I think.
It is amazing what a little bit of height can do for a stone.

Can't wait to see what new bands you get to go with your new look! So versatile! Love love love. Wear it in the best of health and enjoy
it every day! You are a smart cookie to take advantage of such a wonderful opportunity!

You're very sweet!!! Thanks! Your ring is amazingly beautiful, so I doubt the height matters a bit especially since your stone is larger!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DS! I wonder if you can help me with a question I have (please pardon the threadjack :oops: )? I'm searching for a setting for my AVR. I love your new Vatche setting and was looking through Bliss' thread re. her search for a solitaire setting. One that is mentioned is the Superbcert tiffany replica. Can you point out the difference between it and the Vatche for me? I think I see a thicker shank on the Superbcert? Do the prongs not hug the stone as nicely as the Vatche? These two settings look similar to me and I was wondering why you chose Vatche over the Superbcert? Thank you!!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
The setting is wonderful~!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1328309544|3118544 said:
- custom/hand-made to designer/stock/cast. I think there's definitely a way of thinking on PS that classifies the former as superior in all ways at all times and, well, that's just *not the case*!! It's great that newbies seeing this thread will see that various types of manufacture from various vendors all have virtues, and that any of them could be the "right" choice in a given situation...

Well said, Yssie!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1329748361|3129960 said:
Hi DS! I wonder if you can help me with a question I have (please pardon the threadjack :oops: )? I'm searching for a setting for my AVR. I love your new Vatche setting and was looking through Bliss' thread re. her search for a solitaire setting. One that is mentioned is the Superbcert tiffany replica. Can you point out the difference between it and the Vatche for me? I think I see a thicker shank on the Superbcert? Do the prongs not hug the stone as nicely as the Vatche? These two settings look similar to me and I was wondering why you chose Vatche over the Superbcert? Thank you!!

babynurse...the head (crown) of the Vatche is just vastly superior, in my opinion. The height of the stone is better and the tips of the prongs are better. Here are pictures of sna77's wife's Excel/superbcert setting compared with her new Vatche U-113:

snaSC1.jpg

Vatche U-113sna77a.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1329784407|3130449 said:
baby nurse|1329748361|3129960 said:

babynurse...the head (crown) of the Vatche is just vastly superior, in my opinion. The height of the stone is better and the tips of the prongs are better. Here are pictures of sna77's wife's Excel/superbcert setting compared with her new Vatche U-113:

Thank you very much, DS :)) . I hadn't realized sna77' changed his wife's setting to the Vatche U-113. These pictures are very helpful. I'll take a closer look through his threads for more information though I don't think he has a thread about this new setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, you are so helpful-- thank you! You're making my setting search so much easier! I've spent the last hour and a half reading through those pages and then some, lol! Sometimes I feel like I'm surfing through a maze of threads and links... a very pleasant maze!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results