shape
carat
color
clarity

New 1.58 G VS1 from GOG in Vatche U-113 Tiffany repro!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ds I'm so glad you have found the perfect ring. I think that setting really is gorgeous and showcases your stone perfectly.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Awesome! Betcha you are happy to have your ring, "back"!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks slg and Sharon! And yes, Sharon, I have really missed having my e-ring! I can't wait to wear it to try on bands at Tiffany's tomorrow! (Not buying tomorrow, though!)

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is stunning! I absolutely love the setting and it shows off your diamond amazingly.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1328142841|3116830 said:
Thanks slg and Sharon! And yes, Sharon, I have really missed having my e-ring! I can't wait to wear it to try on bands at Tiffany's tomorrow! (Not buying tomorrow, though!)

WOT? DS: Didn't you just get a Tiffany band when helping a fellow PS'er with her diamond purchase? OHMIGOD I'm losing it.... :confused:

cheers--Sharon

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1328139657|3116786 said:
Many thanks Little River and Christina!

LittleRiver....my original F stone was a different cut with a huge table that let a lot of light in. That made it super bright and white with very little fire. The 1.6 stone was actually one of those stones that was borderline G-H, and Jon told me when I bought it that it scored a solid G on his colorimeter. So this stone does look the same as the last one!

Christina...here are before and after pictures:

DS, I was looking at your Leon and Vatche solitaires in your comparison pics and my gosh, your new Vatche one is gorgeous! I much prefer it to the Leon, especially beside your Tiffany wedding band!
Enjoy your shopping tomorrow (there will be pics, right?)!

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
I would be so proud to own that stone. Congrats!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DS, Nice ring and diamond. My old ering diamond is also very bright and doesn not have much fire, so I understand very well why you want the new diamond. Now, you can enjoy the fire all day long.

What is your plan with your old diamond?

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
DS: Congrats! I'm so happy for you that you found a stone / setting that you love!

You've done so much to help me and others in this community--it's great to see your own search come to fruition too!

Did I miss what the plan was for your old diamond / setting somewhere? Or why you didn't get the old stone reset etc?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife...thank you so much!

Sharon...yes, I did! But I am returning that plain one and trying on more diamond ones! I just didn't like the milgrain platinum band with my other two rings and I don't think I'll wear it enough otherwise to justify keeping it. I really want to look at other diamond bands so I'll have an alternate to my Legacy band. I don't want to put too much wear on it wearing it all the time. If that is not a good enough excuse, how about this...I want some variety and want another band! :lol:

babynurse...glad you agree with the comparison! If I can get my nice salesperson, I will ask her if I can take pictures. I have no idea if they allow it or not! But I hope so because I know blueiris is also interested in seeing bands with the e-ring.

kalrik..that is so nice, thank you!

FancyDiamond...thanks! My original 1 ct. e-ring is just in a drawer to be saved for one of my children if they'd like it for an engagement ring. My second diamond, which this one is replacing, was returned to Good Old Gold to be sold.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sna77|1328148611|3116907 said:
DS: Congrats! I'm so happy for you that you found a stone / setting that you love!

You've done so much to help me and others in this community--it's great to see your own search come to fruition too!

Did I miss what the plan was for your old diamond / setting somewhere? Or why you didn't get the old stone reset etc?

sna!!!...Thank you! I should have given you and Bliss some credit in the first post for being the trailblazers with this setting! I truly do love it and am SO glad we found the Vatche! Basically my old stone was a pricey and perfectly cut H&A stone that has risen in value a lot, and after watching others such as yourself make it through the maze of virtual stones successfully, I decided to take the leap and found a great stone at a great price (almost accidentally while searching for a stone for someone else). The sale of the old diamond will cover the cost of this diamond and setting and leave me a few thousand to buy something else. It was mainly a financial decision since I didn't have a particular sentimental attachment to that diamond or setting. This diamond looks just like the old one and the setting is vastly improved. This is one of the very rare times that a diamond turned out to be a good investment (with a little patience!).

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1328150532|3116928 said:

sna!!!...Thank you! I should have given you and Bliss some credit in the first post for being the trailblazers with this setting! I truly do love it and am SO glad we found the Vatche! Basically my old stone was a pricey and perfectly cut H&A stone that has risen in value a lot, and after watching others such as yourself make it through the maze of virtual stones successfully, I decided to take the leap and found a great stone at a great price (almost accidentally while searching for a stone for someone else). The sale of the old diamond will cover the cost of this diamond and setting and leave me a few thousand to buy something else. It was mainly a financial decision since I didn't have a particular sentimental attachment to that diamond or setting. This diamond looks just like the old one and the setting is vastly improved. This is one of the very rare times that a diamond turned out to be a good investment (with a little patience!).

That's great! Good work DS! Why should everyone else get to have all the fun losing their minds in the virtual stone inventory--ha! ;))

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! The setting really makes your stone pop!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the new ring! It's stunning and I love the new setting. :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Love, love, love your new ring DS!!!! That stone is gorgeous, and the setting is to-die-for!!!!! Enjoy your new FAB ring- you deserve it!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sna77|1328150852|3116937 said:
diamondseeker2006|1328150532|3116928 said:

That's great! Good work DS! Why should everyone else get to have all the fun losing their minds in the virtual stone inventory--ha! ;))

No kidding! :bigsmile: I used to stick to the sure thing (H&A's), but with prices the way they are, you have to look a little harder to make the most of your money! The first time buyers really suffer in this current market, unfortunately, so we have to try to help them find some good values.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the kind words alene, Sparkly, and Dani!!! :D

Congrats on the new ring. It's beautiful...perfect!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Love your set! And the orientation of the arrows vs. the way your previous ring was with LM. Does that make sense? I like the arrows the way yours is now :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks whatamI and snooper!

snooper...yes, I did notice that they did a great job with the arrow placement! It is really nice when a setter does that!

jrich

Shiny_Rock
This is so beautiful and perfect, I am so glad you finally have it and lucky you getting to work with Jonathan!! Congrats!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jrich|1328158797|3117043 said:
This is so beautiful and perfect, I am so glad you finally have it and lucky you getting to work with Jonathan!! Congrats!!!

You are so sweet, Jessica! Yes, Jonathan is great to work with! You'll find yours soon! I will be gone a lot the next 3 days, but I'll try to check your threads tomorrow night again.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, DS! :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am soooo happy for you, DS! :appl: As others have said, you've done so much for this community helping other ppl out and it's time you got some just rewards! It's faaaantastic that you got a GORGEOUS stone that you love :love: :love: :love: (with that SBF special "glow" without any negative effect - it looks super clear and super cool, just like the BGD blue in my 3-stone ring), got the setting that you prefer and still have a few thou's left to buy other pretties! What's not to love?! YAY!! :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS
beautiful ring :!: i've always love the classic style setting... :love:

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
wow that is an absolutely gorgeous stone~!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, I really like the setting and the height the stone was set. :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a great and supportive community! I do appreciate all my PS friends! This forum really is invaluable, also, because we are equipped with knowledge to make smart buys! I see it all the time on here!

Thank you sincerely Danny, Phoenix, DF, mitsui, and lknvrb!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was a reallly long con you had going Ms. FLIPPER! :tongue: :bigsmile: :halo:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!! I love that setting, and it really is the perfect height! So glad things worked out so well for you, and now extra money for another sparkley? Doesn't get much better than that! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results