shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My upgrade finally arrived! 2.5ct G VS2 ACA

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
Greetings! I wish I'm posting this thread under better circumstances... Now I can only hope this will bring something happy and relaxing to the current isolation life.

I posted a month or two ago asking which diamond I should pick for my upgrade. Here's the post.

I guess my timing couldn't be any worse. When I finally made the call to Whiteflash, I was told my preferred setting Vatche U-113 won't be available due to the shutdown in NY. I was ready to wait for a month or two for the setting, then Brittany at WF offered an available setting - Exquisite Half Round Solitaire. With the promise the setting can be switched later if I'm not happy with it, I pulled the trigger and ordered this setting instead.

After visual inspection on several diamonds, I got confirmation that the VS2 stone is indeed eye clean, so there's no need to spend $5k more to get the VS1. So here is my pick: 2.5ct, G, VS2, HCA = 0.9. Here's the diamond link if you are interested.

I was so worried the night before I received the ring - what if it doesn't look as good? Is this going to be a huge waste of money? But after I opened the box, it was just happiness afterwards.

The diamond is so much bigger than I thought, and so sparkly! I can't stop giggling. So happy with the upgrade!

The photographer couldn't take the diamond photos due to quarantine, so my husband has to be the photographer here. And he's done a great job! Below are the much anticipated photos.
20200402-DSC_0711.JPG
20200402-DSC_0686.JPG 20200402-DSC_0699.JPG 20200402-DSC_0825.JPG 20200402-DSC_0823.JPG

On my hand...
20200402-DSC_0808.JPG
20200402-DSC_0790.JPG 20200402-DSC_0786.JPG

Comparison with my previous halo ring (0.91ct, J, vs2)
20200402-DSC_0696.JPG
20200402-DSC_0693.JPG 20200402-DSC_0777.JPG

Last but not least, a photo I took on my phone, which shows the diamond size more realistically. My finger is 4.75 by the way.
IMG_2593.jpeg

Thanks for all the help this forum provided me, I learned so much! Also thanks for letting me share!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your upgrade! Your diamond looks huge and white! I actually love that setting for your diamond! It looks beautiful on you. So nice that they had an alternative to offer you so you didn't have to wait to be able to wear your new ring. Do you think you will just keep this setting?

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
That is beautiful, congratulations.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new diamond is absolutely breathtaking! And I think the ring itself is a beautiful and elegant rendition of the classic solitaire. Wear in happiness and good health!

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love everything about it. Stunning!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection! It looks so lovely on you - congratulations!

(And may I ask what nail polish you're wearing? It's so clean & natural looking!)

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
Thanks @MissGotRocks! You were there to help me pick out the diamond, I definitely appreciate your help!

Now for the setting, I'm happy with it overall, with one minor concern. I asked WF to set the diamond lower, because I don't want the stone sticking out too much. But maybe because of this, the prongs look more curved than I like. Do you think I should ask them to fix that? Honestly it doesn't affect anything, and it's such a hassle to ship back and forth. What do you think?

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
Perfection! It looks so lovely on you - congratulations!

(And may I ask what nail polish you're wearing? It's so clean & natural looking!)

Thanks, @Alex T! The nail polish is Nailsinc - Nailkale Illuminator - bright street. I have 2 coats on in the photo, one coat will be more transparent.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MissGotRocks! You were there to help me pick out the diamond, I definitely appreciate your help!

Now for the setting, I'm happy with it overall, with one minor concern. I asked WF to set the diamond lower, because I don't want the stone sticking out too much. But maybe because of this, the prongs look more curved than I like. Do you think I should ask them to fix that? Honestly it doesn't affect anything, and it's such a hassle to ship back and forth. What do you think?

I am so glad that you love it! Personally, I prefer prongs a bit curved rather than straight up and down. Gives a bit of a swoopy feel. Live with it for a few days to see if you want to change it. It is your ring and needs to suit you and they would always be willing to accommodate you if it can be done, I know that once you have the ring on your finger, the thought of shipping it back is not appealing. However, you have some time to decide as they may not even be able to receive shipments at this time and/or have anyone there that could work on the ring. Meanwhile, enjoy all those gorgeous sparkles!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Alex T! The nail polish is Nailsinc - Nailkale Illuminator - bright street. I have 2 coats on in the photo, one coat will be more transparent.

The polish does look great - so clean and natural. Will have to look for it!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s perfect! And looks so lovely on your pretty hand!

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
I am so glad that you love it! Personally, I prefer prongs a bit curved rather than straight up and down. Gives a bit of a swoopy feel. Live with it for a few days to see if you want to change it. It is your ring and needs to suit you and they would always be willing to accommodate you if it can be done, I know that once you have the ring on your finger, the thought of shipping it back is not appealing. However, you have some time to decide as they may not even be able to receive shipments at this time and/or have anyone there that could work on the ring. Meanwhile, enjoy all those gorgeous sparkles!

You are absolutely right! Once it's on my finger, I really don't want to take it off :P2
I've asked WF if that can be changed, and will see what they say. Thanks again!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow stunning and looks the perfect size on your finger :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like the setting a lot just the way it is! I almost prefer the prongs to be like that. Your diamond is a fabulous upgrade and such a great size! Perfect with your diamond wedding band, as well!

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
I actually like the setting a lot just the way it is! I almost prefer the prongs to be like that. Your diamond is a fabulous upgrade and such a great size! Perfect with your diamond wedding band, as well!
Thanks @diamondseeker2006! I guess I always had this image of solitaire setting with straight prongs, so this looks different to me. I guess I’ll sit on it for a few days and then decide what to do.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeousness! I LOVE the classic look of your setting. It pairs beautifully with your wedding band. Your diamond is lovely, a perfect size for your hand!

Enjoy!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
It's exquisite! I love the lower swoopy setting! Congratulations and post more pics pls :kiss2: :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is stunning, fabulous, and that diamond looks huge! Personally I think the setting is perfect, I love it. I would not want to be parted from this beauty. But of course it's your ring so it's up to you!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is perfectly gorgeous! I love the setting! I’d be unable to bear sending it back to change the prongs. Give it some time before you decide. Enjoy this beauty!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I really like the current setting. Wear it in good health.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a GORGEOUS stone in a timeless setting! So wonderful that Brittany at Whiteflash was able to offer a different setting with no strings attached so you could get this beauty on your hand asap. Congratulations on a beautiful upgrade - and I like the Chanel flap backdrop!

Thanks for tagging me, @mrs-b. "That don't suck!!!"

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!, Congrats!

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
That is a GORGEOUS stone in a timeless setting! So wonderful that Brittany at Whiteflash was able to offer a different setting with no strings attached so you could get this beauty on your hand asap. Congratulations on a beautiful upgrade - and I like the Chanel flap backdrop!

Thanks for tagging me, @mrs-b. "That don't suck!!!"

Ha thanks for noticing! And your ring is beautiful too. It doesn’t look yellow to me, but I totally get where that’s coming from (owning a J myself). When WF sent me the side by side comparison photo (2 G and 1 H), I can see the H is slightly slightly yellower. But on its own I don’t think I can tell any difference. I hope you find your new diamond soon!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! I really do like that setting! It looks huge on your finger! (huge in a good way =)2 )

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Your new diamond and setting are gorgeous!! It looks beautiful on your hand and I love it with your wedding band! To my very untrained eye this setting is very similar to Vatche U 113. I’m so happy that Whiteflash was able to make this happen for you.

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
I asked WF about making the prongs straighter and got the response. Brittany said if I want them straight, The diamond will have to be set medium-high due to the size. And I don’t think I want to set the diamond that high. So I’ll keep the setting as is. Thanks for all your responses and feedback, you guys are awesome!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results