shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My upgrade finally arrived! 2.5ct G VS2 ACA

Chantek

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, it’s a beautiful upgrade. It looks perfect on you.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simple and elegant, what more could you ask for, congrats!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the upgrade, it's beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm late to this thread but your ring is stunning and the setting IMO perfect. LOVE everything about your gorgeous ring. :love: Wear in good health!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Everything about this ring is just perfect! The setting height, prongs, and teeny tiny tabs, the stone size, color, and clarity. I wouldn't change a single thing!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Greetings! I wish I'm posting this thread under better circumstances... Now I can only hope this will bring something happy and relaxing to the current isolation life.

I posted a month or two ago asking which diamond I should pick for my upgrade. Here's the post.

I guess my timing couldn't be any worse. When I finally made the call to Whiteflash, I was told my preferred setting Vatche U-113 won't be available due to the shutdown in NY. I was ready to wait for a month or two for the setting, then Brittany at WF offered an available setting - Exquisite Half Round Solitaire. With the promise the setting can be switched later if I'm not happy with it, I pulled the trigger and ordered this setting instead.

After visual inspection on several diamonds, I got confirmation that the VS2 stone is indeed eye clean, so there's no need to spend $5k more to get the VS1. So here is my pick: 2.5ct, G, VS2, HCA = 0.9. Here's the diamond link if you are interested.

I was so worried the night before I received the ring - what if it doesn't look as good? Is this going to be a huge waste of money? But after I opened the box, it was just happiness afterwards.

The diamond is so much bigger than I thought, and so sparkly! I can't stop giggling. So happy with the upgrade!

The photographer couldn't take the diamond photos due to quarantine, so my husband has to be the photographer here. And he's done a great job! Below are the much anticipated photos.
20200402-DSC_0711.JPG
20200402-DSC_0686.JPG 20200402-DSC_0699.JPG 20200402-DSC_0825.JPG 20200402-DSC_0823.JPG

On my hand...
20200402-DSC_0808.JPG
20200402-DSC_0790.JPG 20200402-DSC_0786.JPG

Comparison with my previous halo ring (0.91ct, J, vs2)
20200402-DSC_0696.JPG
20200402-DSC_0693.JPG 20200402-DSC_0777.JPG

Last but not least, a photo I took on my phone, which shows the diamond size more realistically. My finger is 4.75 by the way.
IMG_2593.jpeg

Thanks for all the help this forum provided me, I learned so much! Also thanks for letting me share!

Beautiful!! Congrats!!

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
Everything about this ring is just perfect! The setting height, prongs, and teeny tiny tabs, the stone size, color, and clarity. I wouldn't change a single thing!

Ha thanks for noticing the tab prong! That's another customization I requested and WF did a great job!

matt_k

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning! You did great.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous. Wear it in good health. I’m in love with your setting. Curves and all. :)

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
Also the more I wear this new ring, the more I realize cut is everything for a diamond.

My previous ring always looked kind of dull. I always thought oh it’s dirty again, I just need to clean it more often. Now I can see the sparkle even with smudges and dust on the diamond. I wish I knew this when I got my first ring!

So what’s your favorite way to clean the diamond ring? I know ultrasonic does a good job, but for daily cleaning I just use hand soap and a soft brush.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning diamond and setting!!! A true classic. You set looks amazing on you

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other than an ultrasonic, my best go to is Dawn and hot water. I clean them everyday so soaking is not usually needed. Just be sure to rinse thoroughly to remove all residue.

Your ring looks beautiful on you!! Is your wedding band channel set or something else?

crombopulent

Rough_Rock
Congrats, what a beautiful upgrade :kiss2:
I personally prefer the profile of this setting over the Vatche U-113 for a diamond of this size. The curved lines make the diamond's crown look less "abrupt" emerging from the prongs, if that makes sense.

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
Other than an ultrasonic, my best go to is Dawn and hot water. I clean them everyday so soaking is not usually needed. Just be sure to rinse thoroughly to remove all residue.

Your ring looks beautiful on you!! Is your wedding band channel set or something else?

I'll try the dish soap next time, thanks for the tip!

Yes the wedding band is a petit pave half eternity ring. I'm actually contemplating upgrading that too. I'll have a new thread asking your opinions ;)2

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
Congrats, what a beautiful upgrade :kiss2:
I personally prefer the profile of this setting over the Vatche U-113 for a diamond of this size. The curved lines make the diamond's crown look less "abrupt" emerging from the prongs, if that makes sense.

Thanks! From my untrained eye I can only see the Vatche setting has a more knife-edge look, while this one is more flat. Both look good!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll try the dish soap next time, thanks for the tip!

Yes the wedding band is a petit pave half eternity ring. I'm actually contemplating upgrading that too. I'll have a new thread asking your opinions ;)2

Can’t wait to hear about what you are contemplating!

MsCocoChanel

Rough_Rock
Simple, classic and stunning! Excellent choice and I love the prongs on the setting. I can’t wait to upgrade my original engagement ring ;-)

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
Simple, classic and stunning! Excellent choice and I love the prongs on the setting. I can’t wait to upgrade my original engagement ring ;-)

I love the ring in your profile photo! That’s one of my all time favorite settings!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I mean, the ring is stunning, but I'm just going to take a moment to squee over your extremely handsome cat. He's huge! His face is gorgeous, so striking. What a lovely cat! What's his temperament like? I bet his purr is loud!

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
I mean, the ring is stunning, but I'm just going to take a moment to squee over your extremely handsome cat. He's huge! His face is gorgeous, so striking. What a lovely cat! What's his temperament like? I bet his purr is loud!

Haha I was waiting for someone to notice him! He is an extremely loving and friendly cat, always wants to snuggle with you (more like a dog than a cat). We love him! However our other cat is often annoyed by him because he is too needy :P2

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Haha I was waiting for someone to notice him! He is an extremely loving and friendly cat, always wants to snuggle with you (more like a dog than a cat). We love him! However our other cat is often annoyed by him because he is too needy :P2

Ugh he sounds like my type of cat! He is lovely (and as I said, so handsome!) give him a cuddle from me!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I couldn’t resist the urge show off my furry babies too. Just two pics I promise
7B2E9C00-BBFE-43FD-B048-C9F6150F8089.jpeg AD6C7136-0475-4CC6-83C8-249A4C4A51BA.jpeg

Only two pictures? Noooo feel free to post more! The eyes on your second one, wow!

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
Only two pictures? Noooo feel free to post more! The eyes on your second one, wow!

Since there’s a request, I’m happy to oblige!
EC323F3F-824E-4CA1-A72B-5AA0E730EE9A.jpeg

If you like the eyes on that one, you’ll like this one too!
85AE2DFD-FFD0-47D6-9AFD-B8A23B7D3C92.jpeg
And one more together (when Oreo was a kitten)
6F4C5277-B724-4C41-B6C4-779519702BC4.jpeg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Since there’s a request, I’m happy to oblige!
EC323F3F-824E-4CA1-A72B-5AA0E730EE9A.jpeg

If you like the eyes on that one, you’ll like this one too!
85AE2DFD-FFD0-47D6-9AFD-B8A23B7D3C92.jpeg
And one more together (when Oreo was a kitten)
6F4C5277-B724-4C41-B6C4-779519702BC4.jpeg

Delightful! They are gorgeous. I know there are lots of people who like cats out there, but I feel compelled to call @missy here...!

What's the green eyed one called? Also, you have beautiful photography skills.

minniezhang

Rough_Rock
Delightful! They are gorgeous. I know there are lots of people who like cats out there, but I feel compelled to call @missy here...!

What's the green eyed one called? Also, you have beautiful photography skills.

The other one is Dora (also my profile pic). We have my husband to thank for these photos. I’ll make sure to let him know!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results