shape
carat
color
clarity

MY SETTING IS DONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - I''m just back from a 3-day business trip. All I can say is, "Oh Darn!!"

I''m sorry the ring isn''t done yet. Like everyone else, I was looking forward to your pictures with some anticipation.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Cute new avatar, Ellen! Thanks for getting us into the holiday mood!

Can you pass the wine? I promise to drink out of my own glass so as not to contaminate the bottle for everyone else!

Thanks, Gypsy...slept for over 3 hours this PM...almost ready for bed again, I think!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 7:31:14 PM
Author: Ellen
lol.gif

Thanks you guys. I was trying to stay out of it, but a person can only take so much.
11.gif

*passing hard stuff*

9.gif

I hear ya, Ellen! I need a little of what you''re passing around too and I''m not even *close* to a RB expert like you, diamondseeker or risingsun! But then, I don''t act like I am, either.
11.gif

Gypsy: it sounds like you''re taking it all in stride...I am beyond impressed by your ability to don big girl pants. I would definitely have at least one solid tantrum at not being able to have my ring NOW! I''m sure you''ll get everything straight and I can''t wait to see your beauty of a ring!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
rising, yes, have a drink. Or 10.
9.gif

Thanks Harliegh, I love holiday avs. And just cuz yer sick, I''ll give you a whole new bottle. That oughta make ya feel better.
3.gif

2of2, lol. I think you''ve given him some excellent advice yerself.
9.gif
2.gif

Gypsy, I wonder if you should have Andrey put a warning in the first post that there''s no pics in here. For future researchers possibly?
lol.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, I love that this thread has just become a place for friends to gather and chat?

Ellen and Thing, I just ran over to check the other thread and wow, I can see why all these bottles of vodka and rum are littering the living room. lol.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2007 9:06:28 AM
9.gif

Thanks Harliegh, I love holiday avs. And just cuz yer sick, I''ll give you a whole new bottle. That oughta make ya feel better.
3.gif

9.gif
2.gif

Gypsy, I wonder if you should have Andrey put a warning in the first post that there''s no pics in here. For future researchers possibly?
lol.gif
Or maybe have it moved to hangout? Your ring deserves a fresh thread when it''s done...with PICS....I think.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2007 12:21:17 PM
Author: TravelingGal

9.gif

3.gif

9.gif
2.gif

lol.gif
Or maybe have it moved to hangout? Your ring deserves a fresh thread when it''s done...with PICS....I think.
Moving it to hangout is a good idea. I promise a fully new thread with pics when the ring is re-done.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forced myself to wait awhile before checking back, you know, the whole "watched-pot" thing
3.gif
Gypsy, you are way too calm here. I think we''re all more antsy than you are!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

Have you heard anymore about your ring? When will Ocean be back???

Harleigh how are you feeling? I am doing better, but still don''t feel myself yet. I am still going to S.F. for dinner, no matter what though.
9.gif

Ellen: LOVE the pumpkin avatar, it really lights up.

Linda

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's funny, I get that sometimes... people telling me that I'm too calm about something and should be more stressed or upset. I'm always puzzled by the comment.

I get upset and angry easily, and have a quick temper. But I also see reason quickly, and calm down quickly. So I guess that's why it seems I'm taking this in stride. On Tuesdaynight I was very upset, which is why I was careful in my posts... not because I was calm... but for just the opposite reason. But once I talked to Neil and Ocean and traded emails with Wink... and talked to John, I knew everything was going to be fine and that things were just going to take a little time to get set to rights. Plus it REALLY helped that the most difficult part of the design, the underwires, were stunning and perfect-- which was my biggest concern regarding the design before this week.

Plus as someone pointed out, I KNEW what custom entailed and what the risks were... which is why I tried so hard to AVOID custom for so long... but once I made the decision I knew going in that there might be issues. So I was prepared for that. Plus I know that since Ocean and I didn't have the chance to meet in person and discuss things, there was a higher risk of miscommunication. All of these are the points that brought me down to earth yesterday.

To add to that I trust my designer to do right by me. I wouldn't have chosen her otherwise. So, that gives me a level of comfort and alleviates my stress greatly. She absolutely wants me to be happy with the ring, and will do everything in her power do make sure I am. I know she's got the skill, the talent, and the desire... so there isn't much to be stressed about there. Miscommunications and mistakes happen, it's how they are handled that is critcal, and this has been handled very well.

Ocean's working on the ring fixing the ring starting today and has made this a top priority, and really, that's all I can ask. I do realize that it's going to be tricky to get the underwires to work with the revised halo... so I've told her to take ALL the time she needs, and *I* specifically didn't want a timeline. Jadeleaves waited 10 months for her ring... and well, I'm taking a page out of her book. I'm not going to push this to completion, whatever time it takes, it takes.

Plus, and I can't emphasize this enough, Neil has been so incredibly amazing... he has spoken to me and to Ocean to help to make sure that we both understand the design issues from both sides, and to ensure that we avoid miscommunication in the future. He's gone above and beyond (I can't even tell you how much), and is just an incredible vendor/friend, and I know he's looking out for me, so that's also a huge level of comfort added to the rest.

Plus, Wink's customer service philosophy regarding customer satisfaction is top notch... so I've got a trifecta.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well Layla, no ring, no baby we are still tied
2.gif
I am so glad you are going to start a new thread b/c YOUR new baby deserves it! In a way I can relate to the waiting.....though envious that yours will not include any physical pain
23.gif
I can''t wait to see your ring. I am so excited for you and know any stress will disappear as soon as you have that ring in your hot little hands. It will be worth it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2007 7:40:45 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Well Layla, no ring, no baby we are still tied
2.gif
I am so glad you are going to start a new thread b/c YOUR new baby deserves it! In a way I can relate to the waiting.....though envious that yours will not include any physical pain
23.gif
I can't wait to see your ring. I am so excited for you and know any stress will disappear as soon as you have that ring in your hot little hands. It will be worth it!
Lol! Tacori, I am hoping that your little one will appear VERY soon! As much as I want to see Gypsy's ring, I will have to say that waiting for a baby is harder! So here's hoping you break the tie! (Especially since Gypsy wants Ocean to take her time to make the ring perfect!!!)

And Gypsy, it was good that you were able to admit that you were upset at first. We completely understand and it was a natural reaction to a very big, but temporary, setback!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

3.gif

9.gif
2.gif

lol.gif
Woohoo!!! A whole bottle to myself!??! You are simply the best, Ellen! That may be just what I need to nip this little bug in the butt!

Glad to hear you''re hanging in there, Gypsy! You have the constitution of a SAINT!!! So proud of you!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori honey there is NO comparision!!! I haven''t spent the last 8 months preparing and hoping, and worrying, and being physically uncomfortable... and EVERYTHING else like you have. It''s a ring. LOL.

I fully admit I was upset, but I knew that it wasn''t fair to vent on here and risk harming the reputations of the wonderful vendors I have. It would have made me feel better short term, but been very selfish. Instead I emailed them and told them how I was feeling, which was more contructive, and allowed me to express my upset, while allowing them to respond outside of a fishbowl.

As for my telling Ocean to take her time... I don''t really think it''s going to be that long, the ring is complete in large part, and the we''ve been talking about the halo for two days now, and she''s already started work today (it got to her late yesterday afternoon). I did want to emphasize that she can take her time, because I don''t want to change the underwires at all... and that''s going to take some creativity to do.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

We can''t wait to see pictures.

BTW, do you have before pictures somewhere. I can''t remember if you posted them in another thread.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful Gypsy, now I really can''t wait to see your new ring.

Linda

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Linda.
2.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Your stone is just gorgeous, Gypsy.....can''t wait to see the new ring finally complete!!! So exciting!!!!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 5:52:09 PM
Author: Dani
Your stone is just gorgeous, Gypsy.....can''t wait to see the new ring finally complete!!! So exciting!!!!!
36.gif
Thank you Dani! I''m looking foward to it to!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy: how many years do we have to wait??? for pics..We are all by our computers waiting...please hurry up..thanks

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 9:06:53 PM
Author: scarleta
Gypsy: how many years do we have to wait??? for pics..We are all by our computers waiting...please hurry up..thanks

scarleta, if you read back a couple of pages you''ll see her ring is back with the designer having a few modifications to make it perfect for gypsy. we''re all hoping the wait isn''t too much longer though
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the interest of getting more pics into this thread... here BTW is the setting I had requested Bill Pearlman to send to me before I decided on a custom setting by Ocean. I had JUST ABOUT given up on finding either the perfect stock setting or the right custom designer, and was going to 'settle' for this beautiful (I know, twist my arm, it's such a stunning setting) setting that reminds me a bit of the Lockes halo (read REALLY expensive halo) with the baguettes and the rounds combined.

Wouldn't it be amazing with an asscher center? Either a white asscher (diamond center) or a colored gem (ala Chrono) center?
31.gif

Beverly K Gypsy setting.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that really is gorgeous...but I like your ring in the making better! I have a really clear picture of it in my head, for some reason...I guess I'll have to wait and see the finished ring to see if that picture matches, though!
3.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
That''s a lovely setting, Gypsy, but I too like the one Ocean''s making even more.
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, that is ironic you posted that ring, because I was looking through the BK rings yesterday and that was one of my favorites. How was the quality? I am thinking of a couple of BK settings either to set my old 1 ct. stone or to set a colored stone in.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS-- Quality of the settings and bands I've seen is very nice. I really like the whole line. They have lovely choices, and a great price point. Bill had nice things to say about the line as well, which was why I was considering them for my setting.

Isaku, I too prefer the setting I am getting from Ocean, but this one was a nice stock option priced well, from a trusted vendor, and a solid designer. So it was a strong fall back.

Thing, I know! That was the most interesting part of it all for me. The underwires look excatly like the picture in my head, and the shank was better than I pictured. The prongs were a little different, but emphasized the corners better than the ones in my mind, so I liked them. It was just the halo I had a problem with... so I've sent Ocean three sets of pics of halos, and we've talked about them... and we'll see! I'm excited. Custom is such an interesting process.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 2:00:30 PM
Author: Gypsy
Tacori honey there is NO comparision!!! I haven''t spent the last 8 months preparing and hoping, and worrying, and being physically uncomfortable... and EVERYTHING else like you have. It''s a ring. LOL.

Well I guess you are right! Still I can imagine what a hard wait it is waiting for your dream ring. You have taken SO much time and thought I really, really hope it is PERFECT for you.
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2007 10:54:56 PM
I''d rather keep mum on the details for the time being and I hope you all understand that I''m not trying to create drama at all by doing that, rather just the opposite. I''m just being fair, as I see it. I am disspointed, but I''m also realistic... I knew that there might be a chance that little modifcations are needed, but I''m also sure the wait will be worthwhile. Neil did also mention that it''s very easy to mail it to me on the way to Ocean, but well, if it comes that I''ll just ask Neil to send me pictures. I don''t know when the earliest is that I might get it, as I haven''t talked to Ocean about it yet. Neil only had a few minutes to check in at the end of the day, so Ocean was out of her workshop. Plus it''s her birthday right around now, and I know her family was planning to take her away for it, and not allowing her to work (I''ve known that for a while), so it could be a little while till I hear from her, which is fine. It''s not matter of life, death or health after all, its a piece of jewelry, when all is said and done.
2.gif
Perspective. And big girl pants.
4.gif
Hi gypsy :) I came on today to see if your ring was done, I''m sorry it isn''t. I sure can relate to some of this though... especially the biting my tongue to avoid drama part LOL Ocean made some design changes at the last minute hoping I would like them but I am still very unsettled about them. I am really loathe to part with my diamond again though.... ugh. I''m really excited for you that its almost done... her work is truely exquisite! :)

((((((layla))))))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2007 6:49:30 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 10/16/2007 10:54:56 PM
I''d rather keep mum on the details for the time being and I hope you all understand that I''m not trying to create drama at all by doing that, rather just the opposite. I''m just being fair, as I see it. I am disspointed, but I''m also realistic... I knew that there might be a chance that little modifcations are needed, but I''m also sure the wait will be worthwhile. Neil did also mention that it''s very easy to mail it to me on the way to Ocean, but well, if it comes that I''ll just ask Neil to send me pictures. I don''t know when the earliest is that I might get it, as I haven''t talked to Ocean about it yet. Neil only had a few minutes to check in at the end of the day, so Ocean was out of her workshop. Plus it''s her birthday right around now, and I know her family was planning to take her away for it, and not allowing her to work (I''ve known that for a while), so it could be a little while till I hear from her, which is fine. It''s not matter of life, death or health after all, its a piece of jewelry, when all is said and done.
2.gif
Perspective. And big girl pants.
4.gif
Hi gypsy :) I came on today to see if your ring was done, I''m sorry it isn''t. I sure can relate to some of this though... especially the biting my tongue to avoid drama part LOL Ocean made some design changes at the last minute hoping I would like them but I am still very unsettled about them. I am really loathe to part with my diamond again though.... ugh. I''m really excited for you that its almost done... her work is truely exquisite! :)

((((((layla))))))
Cehra, I hope you will send it back and get it settled now before it is too late. Seriously, you''ve waited this long...get it done the way you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results