shape
carat
color
clarity

MY SETTING IS DONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 7:35:54 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 10/22/2007 7:29:53 PM
Author: Skippy123

Oh, Ellen, did I ever tell you I thought you are a really good friend. hehee Thankies!!! Cheers!
I dunno. But I don''t mind hearing it again if ya did.
9.gif
2.gif

ETA Skip, you edited on me, AGAIN.
lol.gif
Well both. Sorry! I get shy sometimes. hehee

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 7:31:37 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Thank you for posting those Gypsy!!! They are really magnificent!!!! Thankfully you are dealing with pictures to be sure you''re on the same page. I think both designs are excellent!

Yes, the trading of pictures has helped us a LOT. It''s very hard to discuss very specific things without being in person... I''m not very good at explaining what I''m visualizing in my head. It''s definitely an acquired skill I''ve been working on throughout this process. I really was torn between the two styles, but Ocean had a stonger preference for the French cut style, which is the more difficult of the two to execute and results in a more finished and refined look apparently, so I trust her judgement and gave her the go ahead for it. I''m glad you like the pictures as much as I did.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Gypsy, those rings Ocean has designed are just simply lovely! Now I REALLY can''t wait to see yours!

I''m so glad to hear it''s back in Ocean''s hands and being worked on as we speak! Hooray!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

Ocean does beautiful work. I love both of those rings. I can''t wait to see yours!!!

Linda

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 5:06:41 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 10/21/2007 10:32:07 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 10/21/2007 6:49:30 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 10/16/2007 10:54:56 PM
I''d rather keep mum on the details for the time being and I hope you all understand that I''m not trying to create drama at all by doing that, rather just the opposite. I''m just being fair, as I see it. I am disspointed, but I''m also realistic... I knew that there might be a chance that little modifcations are needed, but I''m also sure the wait will be worthwhile. Neil did also mention that it''s very easy to mail it to me on the way to Ocean, but well, if it comes that I''ll just ask Neil to send me pictures. I don''t know when the earliest is that I might get it, as I haven''t talked to Ocean about it yet. Neil only had a few minutes to check in at the end of the day, so Ocean was out of her workshop. Plus it''s her birthday right around now, and I know her family was planning to take her away for it, and not allowing her to work (I''ve known that for a while), so it could be a little while till I hear from her, which is fine. It''s not matter of life, death or health after all, its a piece of jewelry, when all is said and done.
2.gif
Perspective. And big girl pants.
4.gif
Hi gypsy :) I came on today to see if your ring was done, I''m sorry it isn''t. I sure can relate to some of this though... especially the biting my tongue to avoid drama part LOL Ocean made some design changes at the last minute hoping I would like them but I am still very unsettled about them. I am really loathe to part with my diamond again though.... ugh. I''m really excited for you that its almost done... her work is truely exquisite! :)

((((((layla))))))
Cehra, I hope you will send it back and get it settled now before it is too late. Seriously, you''ve waited this long...get it done the way you want it.

Hi Cehra, I''m glad you are back. I agree about sending yours in ASAP. But while I can''t comment on what happened with your ring, the case with mine isn''t that Ocean made any unilateral decisions. I created the confusion with a comment I made which lead directly to the problem with the design.. I said I didn''t want a bumpy scalloped edge to the halo-- when really I do. I used the wrong terminology and what I meant to say was that I didn''t want the melee size so large that it gave a really scalloped look especially since there is no edge. Ocean''s been very careful to give me exactly what I ask for, or to talk to me about why something I like won''t work. She was also very upset about the miscommunication, and blamed herself for not clarifying with me. Just a straight miscommunication, and she''s been wonderful about resolving the issue.

ETA: I have to say that at times, when listening to you Cehra, it does sound like you would have been better served by a good benchman rather than a designer.
Wow... all of the support I got here for a year is just gone it seems, other than a handful of people. Really sad to me :*( I truly don''t believe I deserve it.

All I can do is be honest or bite my tongue. I get in trouble for both it seems. It makes me very sad that people whom I got along with for so long are twisting my words and magnifying me in a poor light. I could spend dozens of posts trying to clarify things and yet it seems like that wouldn''t help. So I keep things short and that certainly doesn''t help.

I love Ocean, I love her work. It is beautiful. But she did make a unilateral design change. After the ring was done, after the photos had been taken, she emailed me to warn me that she had made a change to what I wanted and that she hoped I''d like it and that if I didn''t she could go back and change it. Specifically - I wanted a 3 ring look, with both rows of melee surrounded on each side by milgrain and more definition between the rows of melee and the center section. 80-90% of the time I look at my ring and think - it isn''t finished yet. The other 10-20% I look at it and I see the brilliant design choice she made, the ribbon over the field of diamonds. The ring is beautiful as it is. I get compliments on it all the time. It isn''t exactly what I asked for and she knows that. But before I have it changed I need to make sure I wouldn''t be ruining it. I wish Irina was still here on ps to photoshop for me. It is very hard for me to make a decision. I still have the internal vision of what I wanted, but this very beautiful alternative is alive and on my finger. Sometimes I think it is MORE beautiful even than what I wanted... but this ring is a bit more avante garde and modern than I had envisioned. And I sometimes I wonder if this would suit me more long term... I don''t know.

I don''t know what I could say or do to appease those who have so completely turned their back on me and are rude to me at every turn, but if I could figure it out I would probably try. It hurts me to read things said to me in this way. This is why I''m hardly around anymore and that makes me unhappy too. I wish I could come here for support to figure this out, but I am so uncomfortable every time I log on now. Anyway, this thread isn''t about me and lets keep it that way. Sorry Layla.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the clarification Cehra. I appreciate you telling us what happened, the details are important. I did know that you were unsure about that aspect of the design, but I didn''t know you were uninformed about it before it happened. If I had made it clear that I wanted two rows of pave on each of the lower steps/band, and was given a ring with only one row on each, no matter how lovely, it would bug me. It doesn''t matter if other''s think your ring is lovely (and I personaly think it is, and that the extra rows of millgrain would make it too wide. But again, that''s my opinion), you''re the one wearing it and you have to be happy with it. I would tell Ocean ASAP though. You''ve had a good amount of time to live with it, and obviously it still bothering you. So you''re going to be annoyed with it until you get it fixed.

One thing confuses me though, you shared your CAD with me, and your cad only showed one row of milgrain on each side, I think... didn''t it, or am I confusing CADs?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 11:31:13 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Wow... all of the support I got here for a year is just gone it seems, other than a handful of people. Really sad to me :*( I truly don''t believe I deserve it.

All I can do is be honest or bite my tongue. I get in trouble for both it seems. It makes me very sad that people whom I got along with for so long are twisting my words and magnifying me in a poor light. I could spend dozens of posts trying to clarify things and yet it seems like that wouldn''t help. So I keep things short and that certainly doesn''t help.

I love Ocean, I love her work. It is beautiful. But she did make a unilateral design change. After the ring was done, after the photos had been taken, she emailed me to warn me that she had made a change to what I wanted and that she hoped I''d like it and that if I didn''t she could go back and change it. Specifically - I wanted a 3 ring look, with both rows of melee surrounded on each side by milgrain and more definition between the rows of melee and the center section. 80-90% of the time I look at my ring and think - it isn''t finished yet. The other 10-20% I look at it and I see the brilliant design choice she made, the ribbon over the field of diamonds. The ring is beautiful as it is. I get compliments on it all the time. It isn''t exactly what I asked for and she knows that. But before I have it changed I need to make sure I wouldn''t be ruining it. I wish Irina was still here on ps to photoshop for me. It is very hard for me to make a decision. I still have the internal vision of what I wanted, but this very beautiful alternative is alive and on my finger. Sometimes I think it is MORE beautiful even than what I wanted... but this ring is a bit more avante garde and modern than I had envisioned. And I sometimes I wonder if this would suit me more long term... I don''t know.

I don''t know what I could say or do to appease those who have so completely turned their back on me and are rude to me at every turn, but if I could figure it out I would probably try. It hurts me to read things said to me in this way. This is why I''m hardly around anymore and that makes me unhappy too. I wish I could come here for support to figure this out, but I am so uncomfortable every time I log on now. Anyway, this thread isn''t about me and lets keep it that way. Sorry Layla.
Cehra, thank you for clearing up what happened with the design change. I do agree that your ring looks pretty modern due to the ribbon, so I see what you mean. Hopefully she can change it for you, if that''s what you decide you want. Personally, I think your design idea sounds better.

As for why people have "turned" on you, I can only speak for myself. While (as I mentioned) I don''t believe you create drama intentionally, when it does happen I think you have a hard time understanding why people see things the way they do. The reason for irritation (for lack of a better word) seems obvious to quite a few people, but you seem to wash your hands of any possible fault, even if it WAS unintentional.

I apologize myself, if you think I''ve been rude to you, and on at least one occasion I know I was. But this is first and foremost a diamond education forum and people read your posts knowing they will be around "forever." We should all be more careful what we say.

I hope you can be truly happy with your ring!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 11:55:16 AM
Author: TravelingGal

Cehra, thank you for clearing up what happened with the design change. I do agree that your ring looks pretty modern due to the ribbon, so I see what you mean. Hopefully she can change it for you, if that''s what you decide you want. Personally, I think your design idea sounds better.

As for why people have ''turned'' on you, I can only speak for myself. While (as I mentioned) I don''t believe you create drama intentionally, when it does happen I think you have a hard time understanding why people see things the way they do. The reason for irritation (for lack of a better word) seems obvious to quite a few people, but you seem to wash your hands of any possible fault, even if it WAS unintentional.

I apologize myself, if you think I''ve been rude to you, and on at least one occasion I know I was. But this is first and foremost a diamond education forum and people read your posts knowing they will be around ''forever.'' We should all be more careful what we say.

I hope you can be truly happy with your ring!
Once again, TGal has said quite well what I was pondering how to post.

And I have to say, I really saw nothing rude in this thread. Speaking only for myself, all I said was the truth, that you had left her in a bad light (with a rather loaded statement) and that I had hoped, and was still hoping you''d come back to clarify.

And I''m glad you did, although I''m not glad to hear she made changes without your permission, if that''s what really happened. I''m not saying she didn''t. I''m just throwing that in because I''ve been suckered into sympathizing with posters before, only to find out they didn''t post quite the whole story. And I''m not sayng you''re not. Well, you get the picture.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is the Gypsy thread, right? Just checking...
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 12:55:52 PM
Author: surfgirl
9.gif
Indeed it is. Here''s to crappy halos!
emcocktl.gif

I started to make a new thread, then didn''t, wish I would have. Sorry Gypsy.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speaking of settings buffs, Gypsy and Surfgirl, your opinions would be most welcome in my thread in SMTR.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 1:09:24 PM

9.gif
emcocktl.gif

It''s all good guys. No worries. You know I don''t mind threadjacks and deviations... sometimes the senic detours we make are more interesting than the main road we should be on.

I checked out your setting thread, Ellen... I''ll post there. : )

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 1:51:44 PM

Date: 10/23/2007 1:09:24 PM

9.gif
emcocktl.gif

It''s all good guys. No worries. You know I don''t mind threadjacks and deviations... sometimes the senic detours we make are more interesting than the main road we should be on.

I checked out your setting thread, Ellen... I''ll post there. : )
I love it.
2.gif

Thanks Gypsy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anytime.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results