shape
carat
color
clarity

MY SETTING IS DONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I''m so sorry you''ve hit a snag, we''ve been looking forward to this baby for a week!

I hope you and Ocean can iron our the details, but I have to agree with Deco (and with you somewhere on page 1 or 2), you should see it in person, actual scale (rather than super huge photos) before making any judgements.

I hope you can work this out quickly and end up with the ring you love! For a forever ring a few more weeks can''t be too long to wait.

Though I think we''re going to need a support group for the rest of us...

...or a happy hour.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ally honey, I''m sorry. The ring is with Neil, my appraiser, and will be sent back to Ocean as there are a some modifications that need to be made.

Rainy, thank you!

Date: 10/17/2007 11:05:45 AM
Author: mercoledi
Gypsy, I''m so sorry you''ve hit a snag, we''ve been looking forward to this baby for a week!

I hope you and Ocean can iron our the details, but I have to agree with Deco (and with you somewhere on page 1 or 2), you should see it in person, actual scale (rather than super huge photos) before making any judgements.

I hope you can work this out quickly and end up with the ring you love! For a forever ring a few more weeks can''t be too long to wait.

Though I think we''re going to need a support group for the rest of us...

...or a happy hour.

LOL, happy hour! And I''ll join you! While in some cases seeing things in person can add value, in this instance, there really isn''t anything that my looking at it in person will do. "Yup, that''s not supposed to be like that" is the most I''ll be able to say. LOL. I''m very sure about that, otherwise I would have been the first to say that I want to see it in person.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well hell.

*rummaging in drawer for big girl pants*

*rummaging in fridge for bottle of wine*

*rummaging in cabinet for wine opener*

*popping*

*pouring*

*passing*

11.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 11:12:19 AM
Author: Gypsy
While in some cases seeing things in person can add value, in this instance, there really isn''t anything that my looking at it in person will do. ''Yup, that''s not supposed to be like that'' is the most I''ll be able to say. LOL. I''m very sure about that, otherwise I would have been the first to say that I want to see it in person.
2.gif
Why, is that an assumption too?
2.gif
The fixes you KNOW you want may not be the ONLY fixes you actually WOULD want if you saw it in person. I''m attempting to prevent you & the designer from enduring MORE ROUNDS of revision -- by suggesting you assess the piece in it''s entirety, in person, on your hand.

You may not know how much you don''t know about it. Is more knowledge EVER a bad thing? Especially since you say you''re not in a rush & have VERY specific desires.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

LOL, happy hour! And I''ll join you! While in some cases seeing things in person can add value, in this instance, there really isn''t anything that my looking at it in person will do. ''Yup, that''s not supposed to be like that'' is the most I''ll be able to say. LOL. I''m very sure about that, otherwise I would have been the first to say that I want to see it in person.
2.gif
I''ll take your word for it, but are you going to at least get pictures of it in its current state? Just for your eyes, not ours, I mean.

I wonder if it''s so obvious that it''s "not supposed to be like that", it must have been a pretty significant miscommunication.

Either way, from the drawings, I think it''s going to be a lovely ring, and look forward to seeing it when it''s done.
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 12:49:46 PM
Author: decodelighted

While in some cases seeing things in person can add value, in this instance, there really isn''t anything that my looking at it in person will do. ''Yup, that''s not supposed to be like that'' is the most I''ll be able to say. LOL. I''m very sure about that, otherwise I would have been the first to say that I want to see it in person.
2.gif
2.gif
The fixes you KNOW you want may not be the ONLY fixes you actually WOULD want if you saw it in person. I''m attempting to prevent you & the designer from enduring MORE ROUNDS of revision -- by suggesting you assess the piece in it''s entirety, in person, on your hand.

You may not know how much you don''t know about it. Is more knowledge EVER a bad thing? Especially since you say you''re not in a rush & have VERY specific desires.
I agree with this...something you might see in person that you want changed that you didn''t think would be the case. OR...

You might actually like it! And what would be the harm?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHATTTT? Still no pictures? I don''t wanna wear my big girl pants either.
14.gif

Oh well, more waiting. I hope it''ll be fixed to your satisfaction, Gypsy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've seen some pics. Spoken to Ocean, and all is well. The changes are going to require a complete scraping of the halo portion of the setting (underwires and shank are lovely and just right), and a creative redesign of that portion. As the portions were constructed separately by hand then assembled in the fist place, we are going to be able to use the existing shank and underwires.

The reason I knew I wouldn't need to see it is that I wanted no metal edging on the outside of the halo, like the HW cushion halo setting. But there was some confusion about the presence of absence of a scallopy edge if there is no metal edging, that resulted in there being a very thin metal edge-- to prevent scalloping, which she thought I wanted to avoid, but that I was actually fine with. I REALLY don't want a metal edge, just do NOT like the look with this setting. That's the major design miscommunication that happened... cat out of bag.
2.gif
The other design point was the I thought that we had decided to remove the metal balls bracing the underwires... and Ocean thought I wanted them there, but was resigned that they weren't going to work... so she actually fought to keep them in... when really I wanted them out. So the balls are history. Again, that's not something I need to see in person, I just don't want them there. lol.

So we are going to collaborate some more to come up with a solution that is structurally possible regarding the halo with the underwires and shank design (which I love), but at the same time captures the no metal edge halo I want and remove the balls. The underwires are REALLY awesome though, and exactly like the sketch. And the shank is just what I wanted... and the extra height in the gallery area to allow for a flish fit band doesn't look awkard at all, which I was concerned about.

As one of you wise ladies said, it's worth the extra time to get the forever setting I want. Custom is a challenge, but I'm not regretting my choice to go custom, or to go with Ocean. She was upset about all of this and very accomodating about the redesign.

ROFLMAO Ellen.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 12:52:15 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 10/17/2007 12:49:46 PM

2.gif
2.gif

I agree with this...something you might see in person that you want changed that you didn''t think would be the case. OR...

You might actually like it! And what would be the harm?
No harm. But I have seen asscher halos, in person, with metal edgings on the outside of the halos. I just don''t like them. That''s why I didn''t go with any of the ones that exist in current design lines. Ritani, eli, beverly K, daniel K... I just don''t like the look but I have seen the HW halo, and LOVE that look. So, I have a good handle on what I like and don''t, as you all KNOW I''ve been pouring over these details for YEARS...lol.
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Aw... I''m sorry it had to go back and be worked on again.
7.gif
I hope it''ll be really done soon so we can see PICS!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 1:06:12 PM

No harm. But I have seen asscher halos, in person, with metal edgings on the outside of the halos. I just don''t like them. That''s why I didn''t go with any of the ones that exist in current design lines. Ritani, eli, beverly K, daniel K... I just don''t like the look but I have seen the HW halo, and LOVE that look. So, I have a good handle on what I like and don''t, as you all KNOW I''ve been pouring over these details for YEARS...lol.
2.gif
You? Nooooooooooooooooooooo...
2.gif

Sounds good...glad she is being accommodating as well, since that sounds like a pretty substantial change. Will you have it by thanksgiving? I think that''s when you wanted it by?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 12:31:15 PM
Author: Ellen
Well hell.

*rummaging in drawer for big girl pants*

*rummaging in fridge for bottle of wine*

*rummaging in cabinet for wine opener*

*popping*

*pouring*

*passing*

11.gif
*taking a glass*
emcocktl.gif
Thanks Ellen for your kind offer. Now drinking
2.gif
hehe

I am sorry you have to wait Gypsy!!! Glad you are staying positive! That is what I like best about you! Cheers to Gypsy! *raising her glass*

Linda and Harleigh I hope you get better soon
12.gif
Here is some hot toddy to help you lady's
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gypsy, glad you looked at pics. i''m glad ocean is being so great about the fixes too. You knew what custom is before starting so i''m not surprised that you are so understanding and patient. All in all you know you will end up with a beautiful ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 1:10:19 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 10/17/2007 1:06:12 PM

No harm. But I have seen asscher halos, in person, with metal edgings on the outside of the halos. I just don't like them. That's why I didn't go with any of the ones that exist in current design lines. Ritani, eli, beverly K, daniel K... I just don't like the look but I have seen the HW halo, and LOVE that look. So, I have a good handle on what I like and don't, as you all KNOW I've been pouring over these details for YEARS...lol.
2.gif
You? Nooooooooooooooooooooo...
2.gif

Sounds good...glad she is being accommodating as well, since that sounds like a pretty substantial change. Will you have it by thanksgiving? I think that's when you wanted it by?
Yes. I know, hard to believe
20.gif
. LOL.

I haven't asked for a timeline, as we don't know how extensive the changes are going to be... the underwires are going to have to attach to a different part of the halo.. as there will likely be no halo wall (side view of halo is going to have to be very different... cause that's where the edging results from apparently).

It is a very substantial change, and like I said... just communication flubs as I'm not up on structural design of settings, and don't realize what has to happen (no perpendicular halo wall) to acheive a certain look (HW type halo), and well, she thought she understood what I wanted, but it turns out she didn't. She's being very accomodating, which I really appreciate.
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eiyiyi ... it''s like building a house or something ... you have to learn all these terms & details etc that you''ll never need to know again! Short-term-knowledge?

Glad it seems you''re on the same wavelength now about the fix goal. How to achieve? We''ll all learn from the process & have more language when the next custom project comes down the pike. There''s ALWAYS a "next one". Especially when something turns out beautifully - as I''m sure YOURS will, Gyp!

1.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Layla,

Thanks for sharing all the info with us...that makes complete sense, and you are handling yourself beautifully!

Heck, my set wasn''t nearly as custom (if you could even call it THAT!) and it took over a month to get, then it went back to the jeweler 4 times, and I''m still thinkin'' it needs a visit back, so we completely understand!

Thanks for the get-well wishes Gypsy and Skippy! I dosed up on cough syrup with codeine & decongestant and finally slept through most of the night! (Big improvement, let me tell ya!) Didn''t get up until 10:30 this AM and I feel a bit better! The cough is back deep in my chest now, which is not a good sign, but I do feel better when I''m not coughing, so I''d say that''s a big improvement! Thanks for checking on me!

Have a great day!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 1:50:37 PM
Eiyiyi ... it''s like building a house or something ... you have to learn all these terms & details etc that you''ll never need to know again! Short-term-knowledge?

Glad it seems you''re on the same wavelength now about the fix goal. How to achieve? We''ll all learn from the process & have more language when the next custom project comes down the pike. There''s ALWAYS a ''next one''. Especially when something turns out beautifully - as I''m sure YOURS will, Gyp!

1.gif

haha deco. makes you see why many folks perfer to pay the tiff''s mark-up, walk in, walk out and be done!!

ditto the second part too though!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I''m pleased to see that you''re being so patient as we all know perfection takes time (dammit).

"Trying on big girl pants, but even they don''t fit anymore
14.gif
" Will add Depends to shopping list!

Meanwhile, if drinks are being poured, I''ll pass my bottomless glass! Maybe that''s why my big girl pants don''t fit
33.gif

Back to freakin'' reality, Gypsy, This is the setting you''ve been waiting for for four years!!! I''m sorry for your delay, but make sure you get it the way you want it even if it takes more time! You don''t want to look at it later and think, why did I settle for this?

No compromises when selecting your DF (perfect choice, imho), no compromises when John selected the asscher, no compromises when previous wedding plans went awry; so definitely no compromises on this setting!!!! Stand your ground and the overzealous PS''ers ( me included) should back off.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh thank you. I like hot toddy''s. It is raining here today too. It would taste yummmmy.

Linda

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey...what''s wrong with big girl pants?
33.gif
I wear them everyday!
25.gif
9.gif
41.gif

Now dont be so cheap with the wine, pass the bottle!

Judy
:)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Darn, no pictures yet. Sorry to hear your ring requires some modifications and there''s a delay.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hey Gypsy, congrats on your ring, and I can''t wait till it is all perfect and in your hands! and having a photoshoot!

Hoping that is realllll soon...

a

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like it would be helpful for Ocean to see the HW ring.

Pass the wine, Ellen. I need it because of that other HW, Tiffany, thread.
32.gif
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 6:20:28 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

32.gif
2.gif
Frustrating, isn''t it? On so many levels.
9.gif

*passing glass to ds*

*passing bottle to lush Judy*
9.gif
2.gif

And you''re welcome Skippers.
28.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread is going to break records by the time it''s done. LOL.

Hot toddies all around. LINDA ((HUGS)) and I hope you feel much better very soon!
Deco... totally. Before I even talked to Ocean I was learning about die struck, cast, handmade, CAD etc... and well, the education continues. LOL. It''s going to be lovely. Ocean has pieces on display in museums, including the Carnegie Museum... so she has a high quality standard she sets, and for her OWN satisfaction, needs to meet. There is comfort in that.

Harleigh, continued wishes for you to get well. Thank you for the compliments honey.

MrsS-- I will not deny that ordering a stock setting was my first preference! Heck, last night I was looking at the Michael B petite lace consideringly. But in the end, I love this design, and am excited to see it come to life.
2.gif

Isaku... I am taking your post one HUNDRED percent to heart honey. Thank you for the support!

Thanks everyone for your check in, kind thoughts and friendship!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

32.gif
2.gif
Ditto...and make it a strong one
11.gif
Ellen, you are a brave woman to step into the fray. I salute you
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 7:04:48 PM
Author: risingsun

32.gif
2.gif
Ditto...and make it a strong one
11.gif
Ellen, you are a brave woman to step into the fray. I salute you
2.gif
Thritto, pass me something strong too....
31.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I hope all necessary changes are made quickly and you get that lovely ring on your finger. The design is beautiful and I can not wait to see it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol.gif

Thanks you guys. I was trying to stay out of it, but a person can only take so much.
11.gif

*passing hard stuff*

9.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 7:31:14 PM
Author: Ellen
lol.gif

Thanks you guys. I was trying to stay out of it, but a person can only take so much.
11.gif

*passing hard stuff*

9.gif
I''m trying to decided if it''s worth getting into it again. All the inaccurate information that''s been spewed is taking it''s toll. I keep telling myself to stay out of it, but this stuff is getting on my last nerve
29.gif
I think I''ll take that drink, instead
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results