shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally some (semi) decent pics of my diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And a few of my other pieces.

DSC00561.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Finger shot

DSC00567.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A ''bright'' shot... this is how it looks so often... I''ve always been happy with how bright my asscher is.

DSC00541.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A weird shot... but it shows the steps on the crown leading to the table.

DSC005521.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sad attempt at tomato bling. LOL.

DSC00551G.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A full handshot to give you an idea of spread on my size 6 fingers and on my hands

DSC00572G.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Side View... (with another ring I''m posting in the colored stones board).

DSC00583G.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty G!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it Gypsy it is Beautiful!!!!!

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Gypsy! Beautiful! Yay!!!! The is one gorgeous Asscher and it looks lovely on your hand
36.gif
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! for new pics! Gypsy, your asscher is gorgeous, you did great with the pics this time! It looks beautiful on your hand as well as your tomato plant, hee hee!
36.gif

DSC00590.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I figured it was about time. LOL. It just got re-plated so it''s looking nice for itself. PLUS... I finally managed to grow out my own nails.

BTW... here is a RHR ring FI got me a few years ago that I really like-- but it''s YG and I''ve been thinking of having it plated. But I''m worried it will take away from the design and contrast of it.

What do you guys think? (It''s a little dirty so it looks dull).;

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The setting looks really nice right now... since it's been re-plated and polished. I'm happier with it for the time being.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful Gypsy! I like it in that setting a lot, but if you want to go with a thinner band, I think a halo would really enhance the size of the stone.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
So pretty Gypsy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another piece John got me ALL BY HIMSELF. He did really well as I get a ton of wear out of it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops... forgot to attach.

DSC00594.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And a really special present from my mother.

She took a bracelet I had been given as a girl along with all the pendants I had been given by various family and friends and had them made into this one of a kind and really lovely charm bracelet.

DSC00589.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your ring is gorgeous!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I am glad you have your baby back to you safely!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! It''s modest, but it''s mine!
emembarrassed.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh JOY!!!
36.gif

Just HOW long have we been waiting for these, lady!!!??
3.gif
Anyhoo -- your stone & ring are just so pretty! And clean & bold & striking!

IMHO it suits you ... yanno?? Whatever you decide to do in the future/or not do -- just as it is right now is VERY VERY NICE & fitting.

FWIW ... sometimes very delicate or dainty rings don''t look "right" on more substantial hands. And I don''t mean your hands are big or padded (yeesh, like my own!) -- they''re lean, strong & sturdy. Something like my own -- that swoops up in but stays as substantial as your hands might actually do the trick for the overall look ... rather than the big rock or big halo on a dainty band. HOWEVER -- I can see now how AWESOME that halo on a clean 2.5 mm band could look. Sturdy "enough" band -- clean, modern, polished look with a smattering of beefy bling.
18.gif
Now I really feel like I''m not making any sense! HA!

Oh -- the other pieces are fun too! Yay for photos!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That necklace is pretty cool....

And of course, I love your ring...but I''m biased. My ring is quite similar! Hehehe. I remember back in 2003/2004 there were so many x-prongs/lucida knockoffs here, and they''ve all but disappeared. But I still love the wider band look and lately it seems they''ve made a bit of a comeback on PS.

Even though the style certainly isn''t dainty, I still feel mine is *somewhat* feminine! (Albeit modern-ly so).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
SDL: Isn't the bracelet great? I'm the only girl in the family so I would get TONS of jewelry for birthdays and so forth growing up... especially pendants and necklaces... so it's really a functional adult piece that's made up of childhood memories. I love it. It's so fun!

Here's the link to a couple of things I posted on the colored gemstone board.... https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ruby-set-turqouise-ring-and-concave-garnet.65365/

TG: Yours is a Vatche right? I like your ring alot and it suits you and your BEAUTIFUL cushion
emlove.gif
. I think mine is a little big for my diamond. I know the jewler was torn between two sizes of the setting (according to John) and went with the larger one. Somedays I think I should just trade this setting in for a Royal X-Prong with the taper and just keep the same look with a more delicate execution.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love your beautiful asscher! The setting looks brand new! Isn''t it amazing what a difference polishing and re-plating makes!? Yay! Enjoy!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 12:14:03 AM
Author: Gypsy

TG: Yours is a Vatche right? I like your ring alot and it suits you and your BEAUTIFUL cushion
emlove.gif
. I think mine is a little big for my diamond. I know the jewler was torn between two sizes of the setting (according to John) and went with the larger one. Somedays I think I should just trade this setting in for a Royal X-Prong with the taper and just keep the same look with a more delicate execution.
Actually, it''s a Jeff Cooper, which has stronger lines than the Vatche. The vatche was gorgeous, but too rounded (and hence too feminine, lol) for me. The Jeff Cooper actually looks thinner in real life. It''s flat, with beveled edges, so I guess that is why. It''s also not an x-prong.

But thanks! I love my cushion too. Someday, when I get a better camera, I will take more pics. It is a neat stone and squarer than most of the cushions we see around here.

I think your setting size is fine! How big is the asscher again? I remember it was about 6x6? Which is more than a carat, right?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah... it's about 6 x 6 5.87 by 5.86 to be exact. 1.09 carats.

Now that you mention it, I remember that yours is a Jeff Cooper. It doesn't overpower your stone though... and I think mine does.

More pics of yours would be fabulous though.

It took us HOURS to figure out my parent's camera though. It's all high tech and complicated. It was funny, cause BOY were there some DOOZY's in the batch of pics we took!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel your pain. I''m pretty good with a camera and composition, but my macro is a lost cause so it''s no fun.

The pic of the pendant is pretty visually pleasing! I like the colors in the photo and how it''s composed.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 12:59:56 AM
Author: TravelingGal
I feel your pain. I''m pretty good with a camera and composition, but my macro is a lost cause so it''s no fun.

The pic of the pendant is pretty visually pleasing! I like the colors in the photo and how it''s composed.

Actually, now that you mention it... it is cool huh? FI took it as the pendant was swaying and I just cropped it to meet the fussy 100K thing... completely accidental, but really neat none the less. Who knew!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! your things are lovely. how nice of your mother to have the unique bracelet made for you.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results