shape
carat
color
clarity

My Selection--So how did I do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2005 10:27:30 AM
Author: MrGG
Wow - I''ll never make a comment about pricing on here again. Learned that the hard way.

GoodOldGold - I searched for all stones over 1ct J SI2 (I don''t know why you are looking at SI1''s.

Since I''ve been extremely clear on NOT trying to sell anyone anything, what''s the problem of me pointing out a pricing issue?

Again - I won''t ever point out pricing again, but many of you seem quite upset to even consider the fact that there MAY be better pricing out there. And I''m not smoking anything (this morning anyway).
MrGG. It''s not really about pointing out pricing. I actually hope you stay around here and present your opinions. It''s about how you go about it. KC already bought his stone and is very happy with it. Sure, it may not be the the absolute lowest price in the world, but it''s more than a fair price given all the options out there. It''s not really proper etiquette to criticize someone''s purchase after they have made it. They want to come here and share their excitement. If someone is considering a stone and looking for help, by all means fire away, but be prepared to back it up with real examples when your opinions differ from others.

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
I know for a fact that the original poster did TONS of research, sent TONS of private messages ()

LOL...That''s true, and I thank you immensely because I got a fabulous stone.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/20/2005 10:27:30 AM
Wow - I''ll never make a comment about pricing on here again. Learned that the hard way.
You don''t get it. You are welcome to make any comment you want about pricing. What we are saying is that if you are coming here and presenting inaccurate information... THAT we do have a problem with. Opinions are always welcome and often solicited by consumers.

GoodOldGold - I searched for all stones over 1ct J SI2 (I don''t know why you are looking at SI1''s.
I was being liberal in my search to even give you a slight benefit of doubt but even when we include SI1''s your statements still do not hold any water. If we contrain our search to ONLY SI2''s, J colors, GIA Ex/Ex''s or AGS "0"''s (not to mention the other information some vendors here provide which takes additional time and money) would you mind sharing with us which of these stones listed on rapnet you will sell ... with a profit ... at 20% back from rap?

Since I''ve been extremely clear on NOT trying to sell anyone anything, what''s the problem of me pointing out a pricing issue?
The problem is you are being dishonest with the information you are sharing here. Both on the retail and trade levels. When you come here and lead consumers to believe that GIA Ex/Ex''s and AGS "0" can be had, to use your words ... all day long, at 20% below rap prices this is just a flat out lie or based on extreme ignorance on your part. In effect, there is absolutely no pricing issue here at all really. The only issue is your dishonesty in reporting the facts.

Listen MrGG ... everyone and anyone is welcome to participate on this forum. Consumers come here primarily for one reason: HELP. Those of us in the trade who participate are careful to help with accurate information. If we can''t provide accurate knowledge and information it is best to not say anything or to honestly say ... "I don''t know"!. There is only one way for you to save face at this point. Admit you are in error regarding the information you have stated here. I''m quick to forgive but I''m not sure about the consumers with whom you wish to share more of your expertise with.

Enough said here as this thread has spiraled way off topic. I''m not the moderator of this forum but if I see faulty or bogus information being posted here you can bet I''ll hop in to challenge it.

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock

I went onto Rapnet and simply did a search on 1+ct J SI2''s with GIA EX/EX and 53-57 tables and 58-62 depths. There is no advanced search with regard to crown angles, pavillion depth, etc, but this is still a valid search.

When I ranked by % discount I a nice sized list and simply stated there are many deals to be had at -20%.

The Rapnet list is not static - new stones are added daily - so it''s safe to assume that they would be available for sale "all day long".

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock
I will admit that I CANNOT verify the diamonds I am speaking about are as ideally cut as the one we are discussing. I apologize for not being more clear on that. I was only referring to what I would consider comparable stones (GIA EX/EX SI2 J with ideal proportions with regard to table and overall depth.).

I did not mean any offense - I apologize for that.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2005 11:27:00 AM
I will admit that I CANNOT verify the diamonds I am speaking about are as ideally cut as the one we are discussing. I apologize for not being more clear on that. I was only referring to what I would consider comparable stones (GIA EX/EX SI2 J with ideal proportions with regard to table and overall depth.).

Well, that''s where the disconnect is.

From your comments, it appears that you believe an AGS0 with cherry proportions is comparable to an AGS4 or AGS5. To many PSers here, they are *not* comparable.....not even close. The standards here are usually a bit more discerning than that.

Everyone here would agree you can buy a 1 ct. diamond for $1999 all day long too (at the chains), but it doesn''t mean it would be the best deal, and it *certainly* doesn''t mean that the $1999 diamond will IN ANY WAY be even remotely comparable to a 1 ct. AGS0, super-cherry proportion diamond.
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Congrats KC! Let us know her reaction! Best Wishes to your future fiancee!

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/20/2005 12:10:45 PM
Author: fire&ice
Congrats KC! Let us know her reaction! Best Wishes to your future fiancee!
Thank you very much and I will.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2005 11:50:20 AM
Author: aljdewey

Well, that's where the disconnect is.

From your comments, it appears that you believe an AGS0 with cherry proportions is comparable to an AGS4 or AGS5. To many PSers here, they are *not* comparable.....not even close. The standards here are usually a bit more discerning than that.

Everyone here would agree you can buy a 1 ct. diamond for $1999 all day long too (at the chains), but it doesn't mean it would be the best deal, and it *certainly* doesn't mean that the $1999 diamond will IN ANY WAY be even remotely comparable to a 1 ct. AGS0, super-cherry proportion diamond.
9.gif
Not sure that's the disconnect or not, but it would be helpful to put the finger on it, to remove some of the heat of this squabble.

The quick search here probably replicates the search being reviewed here in some measure.

Perhaps it would make sense to eliminate EGL certified options? Will this square the differential...and it's only fair to do so, I think?

(edited to add...)...no, that can't be it, since GIA is specified...and I see based on the heat generated here, one of our authors has felt the need to...not go away...but change names.

Here's what I see:

a) no closely competing options held on hand by vendors here in the search by cut database;
b) if constraining in the quick search for "AGS0" only AGS actual options, 3 of them, ranging in cost from $4530 - 4815
c) as now Mr. no one specifies (also Jonathan?), I do see 5 discrete options, sized from 1.19 - 1.25 in size, with costs ranging on the lowest side from $4298 (10% less, and not hand picked by the vendor of choice) to $4788.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I just want to see the pictures of this great diamond!
emwink.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
KC, how about some pictures??? We''re dying to see this beauty!!! Come on, stop teasing us!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Author: no-one

No sweat man and no offense taken. As professionals in the trade it is important to check our facts before we write. I will reread each post I make and even when I''ve verified the info is right, sometimes my words do not come across as nicely as I''d like. My time is precious so when I post on the forum I usually get right to the point and it sometimes doesn''t come out as I''d like.

Kind regards,

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Pictures?!?!?!
3.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2005 9:59:02 PM
Author: no-one

Now I''m curious. I would think being involved with a siteholder would be somewhat prestigous. Why is that not impressive here.
It is easy to find out what is impressive here - just look over the "Advanced Tutorial" and "Tools".

Perhaps your comments about pricing just didn''t get the right light related to this topic. I wish they had their own page, if even to enlarge Pricescope''s island a bit.

The problem of "showing" diamonds online seems very real from my by-stander''s seat. The range of coices you mention might just be on the fringe of the safety zone implied by the local definition of quality. But that''s exactly where the fun starts - if you do not mind the inherent typing time
5.gif

Just a thought... I hope you will find this forum useful somehow.

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
I''ve finally got pictures but they are all over 700 kb and I''ve tried to get this working for the last two hours. I''ll try again tonight.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could email them to belle, I bet she would post them for you. She does that all the time. I''d help,but I''m useless with pics!!! Oh I can''t wait to see this gorgeous stone!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i sure will!
2.gif
i want to see this stone too!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay you''re here, now we can see them, thanks belle!!!!
36.gif

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
Thanks, guys. I will be sending them to you sometime tonight. They are on my laptop at home so I can''t send them now. I have only taken some in normal lighting conditions in the kitchen of my house. I need to get some in the natural sunlight but its a start, right?

Look forward to seeing your reactions.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Yippee! I hae been dying to see pictures of your ring...FINALLY
27.gif
, do me a dear an run home on your lunch break to send them to Belle so that she may post them.
31.gif
Thanks!

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
I just sent them to belle. (sorry for the large file) I don''t know if the pics will do it justice but I''ll get better. I''m still learning.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
KC,
It''s not easy, I''m still trying to figure it out, but belle is a wiz at this!!!! Can''t wait to see them!!!
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
got the pics
36.gif
should we start a new thread with them in smtr?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes!!!! It deserves a whole new thread!!!!
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
just started one over there, belle... fire away

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can see the pics here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results