shape
carat
color
clarity

My Selection--So how did I do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock

You can find them all day long at -20%.

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock
-20% would be AFTER my markup. Dealer to dealer pricing would be less.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2005 9:46:13 PM
Author: MrGG
Being a newbie to PRicescope does not make me a newbie to the industry.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the industry (not just retail) uses Rap. I''m talking about the DeBeers siteholders that I work for, and everyone inbetween.

This forum is not the end all be all of information on the industry.
You are the bearer of nothing quite so dramatic as bad news...at this point everyone here is wondering just who you are and where you get off coming in and insulting a PS''er purchase when he did NOT ASK how he did on price. He posted that to answer a direct question. Not to say ''how was this price?''.

No one says this is the end all to be all of information on the industry. YET neither is YOUR VIEW. If you intend to reside long-term here on PS, you should understand that. Also, saying you work for DeBeers siteholders, NOT impressive here.
20.gif

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock
I apologize if I insulted anyone. The question was asked "how did I do" and I gave my opinion. I would think that price would be a major consideration of the "how did I do" equation.

I know the industry very well, and that''s my .02 worth. I respect everyone''s opinion - just giving mine.

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock
Now I''m curious. I would think being involved with a siteholder would be somewhat prestigous. Why is that not impressive here.

Do you not understand the diamond supply chain? Where do you think the rough that became the polished stones you are discussing came from? I can safely assume 65% of it came from a siteholder.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Your stone looks very pretty in those WF pictures...I have to admit I am dying to see some shots of the finished product! Congrats I think you did a great job. She is a very lucky lady!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
11.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2005 10:01:48 PM
Author: kaleigh
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
11.gif

This just sums it up so well, it''s worth repeating!
1.gif

24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mr. GG...stick around here for a little bit and see who is discussing what and you may understand more how PS works and what most consumers ARE impressed by...which is not throwing around who you are and what you do but rather what you do can do to assist consumers on PS, in a POSITIVE way.

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock
I will read and learn. I cannot sell anything to anyone. I''m just reading and chiming in occassionally.

I''m also not throwing anything around. Someone insinuated that I did not understand the industry and I am simply pointing out that I have a very good understanding of it at all levels.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No one said that you didn't know the industry. You yourself said that you are in the business, so we know that you know a thing or two. But to be honest, you missed the point of the poster's question and were rude at times and that's what everyone is upset about. People here that commented on the stone have been around for a very long time and I'm not talking about myself.
2.gif

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock
Further, if you really knew anything about the industry, you''d be singing a song other than "how much back from RAP".

aljdewey

I was responding to that comment. Anyway - again my apologies.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2005 9:24:18 AM
You paid $100 under Rap for a J SI2? I know it''s an ''8*'' but thats very expensive.

I look at thousands of diamonds a week. It would be extremely difficult to justify the difference in price to me.
GG
you look at thousands of diamonds a week
33.gif
and you don''t know the difference between this stone and a 8* ?
9.gif
LMAO

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock
I was reading another post and thought he was discussing an 8*.

Do you have anything to add to this discussion?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The thing is before responding you need to read the whole post. That way you know what the poster is asking and the like. Clearly this didn''t happen with you so in the future, make sure you know what you''re responding too.
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!
1.gif

And ooh, ooh, OOH!! I have something to contribute: I''ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts, didily-didily-dum-de-doo, standing in a row! Big one, Little ones, Ones the size of your Head!!!

Does it have anything to do with diamonds? NOPE! but it seems to fit in this thread of utter nonsense!!!

20.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see pics of you stone. It sounds amazing, we have seen some awesome J SI2''s here and I think yours will be spectacular
36.gif

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
WOW!!

I never imagined getting this much traffic when I started this thread.
9.gif

Well, the only thing left is to take some pictures so ya''ll can admire the beauty with me.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We can''t wait to see your beautiful stone!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Sorry if the thread got a little off track.
20.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/19/2005 8:48:21 PM
I''m not selling anything. I''m reading and replying to information posted - that''s all.

In todays market you can purchase a very nice GIA EX/EX (but non branded) J SI2 1.10+ct for well below Rap - at least 20% or more.

You chose a branded diamond, and I''m just relaying my personal experience that I cannot ever tell a GIA EX/EX apart from an 8 Star or any other branded diamond.
Just catching up on this thread.

Mr. GG ... when was the last time you actually *compared* a branded 8 Star next to the common GIA Ex/Ex? I do not sell 8stars but before I speak knowledgably about a product I darn well study it before I would attempt to give an educated opinion about it. If you have studied the 8star brand do you really know what it is about their cuts that seperate them from any others on the market? Earlier in this thread you stated that you knew he had purchased an Eightstar when in fact he didn''t.

If you truly are not familiiar with the product how can you say, with any knowledge that you can''t seperate an 8star from a common GIA Ex/Ex?

Sure you are entitled to give an opinion but you appear to be making statements that are not well informed.

Concerning being able to sell precision cut GIA Ex/Ex''s at 20% back from Rap ... I''ll address this in my next response.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2005 11:37:40 PM
Author: kcwade33
WOW!!

I never imagined getting this much traffic when I started this thread.
9.gif

Well, the only thing left is to take some pictures so ya''ll can admire the beauty with me.
36.gif
15 min of fame :}
Iv been avoiding feeding the troll that infested himself into your thread so havent replied until now.

You have an awesome diamond.
Congrates! and best wishes for the future! :}

NOW WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!?!?!?
hehehehehehehehe

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2005 9:15:14 PM
I read the thread. The initial poster was saying she bought an Ideal Cut GIA EX/EX J SI2 at $100 under Rap.

I''m simply saying -20% below Rap is more in line pricewise on this type of stone.
i must say....20% back of rap is an EX price for a GIA ex/ex ideal cut.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/19/2005 9:53:15 PM

You can find them all day long at -20%.

MrGG you DARN WELL KNOW the public cannot log into Rapnet and verify this information so to suggest such is downright ridiculous.

Secondly ... what you are saying, again, is just PLAIN FALSE INFORMATION. You see ... I am a subscriber to Rapnet and search and hunt every day stones for our clients, especially GIA Ex/Ex and AGS "0" diamonds and I am very familiar with which factories are cutting these goodies and the consistency of their products.

A current search MrGG, for 1.15ct -1.20ct, J colors, both Si1 and SI2 clarities, GIA Ex/Ex or AGS "0" ONLY reveals only 12 stones available.

Of these 12, 8 of them are PRICED TO THE TRADE AT <20% back from list, 3 of them = 20% back and only 1 GIA Ex/Ex SI1 for 23% back AND THAT ONE has a 59.1 depth with a 59% table (red flags).

So what you are saying is in essence you''ll LOSE money on 11 out of 12 of these stones to do business and perhaps break even on 1? And none of this is taking into account all the shipping and other expenses involved.

GIA Ex/Ex''s at 20% back to the public all day long ... what fairytale land do you live in?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/20/2005 12:57:36 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

I read the thread. The initial poster was saying she bought an Ideal Cut GIA EX/EX J SI2 at $100 under Rap.

I''m simply saying -20% below Rap is more in line pricewise on this type of stone.
Pipedreams DF. The fact is he can not produce a stone what kc got and sell it for 20% back. That is a pipedream filled with crack.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2005 1:15:24 AM
Author: Rhino

Date: 6/20/2005 12:57:36 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Pipedreams DF. The fact is he can not produce a stone what kc got and sell it for 20% back. That is a pipedream filled with crack.
Jonathan,i know
2.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
nononononononononononono!
3.gif

i had my eye on that stone, darn it! You did goooooood
36.gif
. I can''t wait to see that one!

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock
Wow - I''ll never make a comment about pricing on here again. Learned that the hard way.

GoodOldGold - I searched for all stones over 1ct J SI2 (I don''t know why you are looking at SI1''s.

Since I''ve been extremely clear on NOT trying to sell anyone anything, what''s the problem of me pointing out a pricing issue?

Again - I won''t ever point out pricing again, but many of you seem quite upset to even consider the fact that there MAY be better pricing out there. And I''m not smoking anything (this morning anyway).

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2005 10:27:30 AM
many of you seem quite upset to even consider the fact that there MAY be better pricing out there.
nope, not upset about that at all.
2.gif

just keep in mind, if you are going to suggest that there is better pricing ''out there'' you must at least back it up with a comparable example.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2005 10:27:30 AM
Wow - I''ll never make a comment about pricing on here again. Learned that the hard way.

GoodOldGold - I searched for all stones over 1ct J SI2 (I don''t know why you are looking at SI1''s.

Since I''ve been extremely clear on NOT trying to sell anyone anything, what''s the problem of me pointing out a pricing issue?

Again - I won''t ever point out pricing again, but many of you seem quite upset to even consider the fact that there MAY be better pricing out there. And I''m not smoking anything (this morning anyway).
I am so kicking myself for responding if you are really a troll...BUT....

You looked for stones ''over 1c J SI2'' on Rapnet right? This stone is a 1.20c stone. Not a stone ''over 1c''. Looking at the price for a 1.10 J SI2 would be different than a 1.19 J SI2. Compare apples to apples here. I posted specific examples on 1.19 J SI2''s. I''d be very interested if you could find anything that was cut as well as this one is for the pricing you noted.

If you cannot post something that shows us all what you are talking about, then honestly, do you not understand that it needs to be dropped?? Proof is in the pudding, baby!!

And if you could find a stone like the one above, cherry picked, not just some random J SI2 for $3500 or whatever price...then I bet you many here would be in line to buy it. But this is a research forum and price is part of that. I know for a fact that the original poster did TONS of research, sent TONS of private messages (
2.gif
) looking for thoughts on his selection etc and agonized for days. Wouldn''t someone he spoke to have raised a red flag if pricing was too high? We do that all the time on here, pricing is not off-limits but when you can''t back it up and keep drilling home your point, it gets very tiring.

So again, if you can post something that proves your point, fabulous. Apples to apples remember. Otherwise, please understand that many are skeptical....and just leave it at that.

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
My initial post said nothing of price and its relation to my purchase. I understand your point that price is relevant to "how I did". But I specifically left price out of the equation(initially) because I wanted opinions on the how the stone will perform based on the plethora of information I had at my disposal that I shared within the post.

However,

I would still like to see how we (PS''ers as a whole) could achieve a less-expensive avenue of purchase through your avenues. I still haven''t seen any examples where the public can reach the prices you speak of which leads me to believe we can''t. This thread would be a lot shorter if you could just prove your theories instead of the constant rants. The only example you provided we can''t access. Still waiting......because I''m curious not because I question the price I received..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results