shape
carat
color
clarity

My Selection--So how did I do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
It will be here tomorrow and I can''t wait to see it. Thanks to everyone on here and those select few I have been going back and forth with through PM''s.(aljdewey, mara, etc.) And Thank You to John and Jaime at WF. Great Service. The suspense is killing me!!! Pictures will be forthcoming.

Report: GIA
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.19
Color: J
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 60.4
Table: 54
Crown Angle: 34.3
Crown %: 15.7
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Thin
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.90-6.95X4.18

sarin_GIA-14058584.gif

ci_GIA-14058584.gif

IS_GIA-14058584.jpg

DI40X_GIA-14058584.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
KC....my pleasure.
9.gif

Although...let me say this: After ALL THIS, you have to post pics of that stone up AS SOON AS YOU OPEN THE PACKAGE. Do not wait even 3 minutes! You have to have the dig camera IN HAND when you get the shipment!

I''ve been waiting daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays to see this stone! LOL (Had it been one or two more days, I''d have had to kill you!
2.gif
)

Congrats on what I KNOW is going to have been an AWESOME pick.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you will be blown away when you see this diamond if it is anything like my J SI2 and your 40x mag picture looks LOADS better than mine did.

can't wait to hear what you think and see pictures!! congrats on making an excellent choice.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That''s all I can say! That was a real steal!
9.gif
Fabulous stone, with fabulous numbers and a very smart color/clarity combo
18.gif
Gotta love the location of the SI2 inclusions!
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
THAT is an SI2?!
6.gif

Where are the inclusions?
31.gif

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
Patty, that''s exactly my thoughts as well. When viewing the 40X mag, I was pleasantly surprised. There is a feather on the girdle that doesn''t break the surface which I''m told was prongable. I can''t wait to see this thing. I actually stayed within my budget and got more size while getting lucky with a lower color/clarity/ Of course, this is all sight unseen but I''m cautiously optimistic.

Counting the minutes and watching the FedEx tracker, should be here soon....

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''m here at the computer, KC, and waiting with bated breath. It''s 9:34 eastern time...........where is FEDEX?????

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
LOL...

I''m in Texas so its only 8:45a.m. but it states "On Fedex Vehicle for delivery" so its close I suppose.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Now did you have it set, or is it loose?

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
She liked the simple, classic 6 prong Tiffany Style setting in platinum. So that''s what it''s set in.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
OKAY - so it''s WELL after 10:30 now, even in TX.

WHAT ABOUT THE RING? You have made me angst over this thing for DAYS! It''s time to give up the details! What do you think?

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
It got here about 11 a.m. and I''ve been all over town showing this thing off. W O W!!! It is amazing! It faces up White and the first I viewed it was in the sun and I immediately saw the 8* star. This thing sparkles unbelievably. I am more than satisfied with this stone.

The bad news is that me and the lucky lady just recently got back from San Antonio and the digital camera is in her car and she''s still at work. So the photos are delayed a little bit but I will post them ASAP....

Man, I''m stoked....

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
wow...sounds like you''r excited....glad you''re happy with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.gif

Pics, please.....................
2.gif

35.gif

blumoon

Rough_Rock
Hooray! Congratulations, I am looking forward to seeing the pictures. I ordered a ring from WF last week and can''t wait to get it. Until then I''ll live vicariously through yours. Is she in love with it? It seems like you are...congrats again!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s great, can''t wait to see it. Sounds amazing!!!

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
Still working on the pics, but I want to add that anyone that does not consider looking at J stones or SI2 grade stones could be missing out on a hell of a deal. Although SI2 stones can vary greatly, their could be one of great value and the opportunity to upgrade in size. I have truly learned the meaning of "Don''t buy what you can''t see" You will all see what I"m talking about once I get this digital camera going...

Still smiling ear to ear and can''t wait to see her face when she sees it.

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock
How much was this J color SI2?

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
Loose diamond purchase price: $4,729

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock
You paid $100 under Rap for a J SI2? I know it''s an "8*" but thats very expensive.

I look at thousands of diamonds a week. It would be extremely difficult to justify the difference in price to me.

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
Well Mr. GG, I don''t care how many diamonds you view, let me post the pics and then see your response.

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
Mr. GG,

I''m interested in your elaboration of your comments above. Can you provide some examples as well for the forum to review? I''m intereted to see where you regard value upon the thousands of stones that you review on a weekly basis.

Please enrich us.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That isn't just any J SI2...it's an excellently cut, almost H&A that would rival and beat most of what you'd find in jewelry stores.

So a random J SI2 in a jeweler's case may not compare to the beauty of this particular J SI2. Hard to blindly compare pricing as well.

Based on PS comparison pricing with other similar stones, $4729 is a very inline price, kc, and you did alot of research as well, so feel good about your purchase...your eyes already have justified that your research paid off.

PICTURES!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/19/2005 9:24:18 AM
Author: MrGG
You paid $100 under Rap for a J SI2? I know it''s an ''8*'' but thats very expensive.

I look at thousands of diamonds a week. It would be extremely difficult to justify the difference in price to me.
Firstly the diamond is not an EightStar brand (8*). This can be distinguished through it''s red reflector image. Secondly if it was it would command an even higher premium as they are cut to very exacting standards. I''m not here to argue the value of an 8* BUT I am here to argue the value of the stone in question since you see fit to discourage kcwade from his purchase and make him question the value of the stone he has purchased.

I too examine multitudes of diamonds each week and am very familiar with what diamonds like this are selling for on the net. Sure kcwade could purchase el cheapo stuff for a greater discount from rap, however he is choosing a very fine rock at a very fair price.

If you think this is too expensive or that he is being ripped, I challenge you to show us the details (at the very least a Sarin report and Ideal-Scope or red reflector image) of YOUR J SI2 and its price. For starters it must be an AGS "ideal" or GIA Ex/Ex that is cut to the most current standards for Ideal grading and have optical symmetry (craftsmanship) that proves its precision via Hearts & Arrows images. Put your money where your mouth is MR.GG before you go blasting and discourging people who are being helped on this forum. You may examine thousands of diamonds each week but your comments suggest that they are thousands of *common crappers*. The cutting of this J SI2 suggests it falls within the top 1% of all diamonds cut worldwide.

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
I''m trying to get this dang digital camera working but the lucky lady is off today so its hard to get away to get some shots w/o giving up that I have the ring. They are coming, I promise. I should have started this thread with pictures and said "Guess what this is" I would venture to guess NO ONE would say what it actually is when viewing the pics that are forthcoming. I''m that impressed with the stone.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I look forward to seeing it, it sounds lovely.
2.gif

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
Also, I was unaware of the shorthand 8* as actually being an Eightstar brand. I apologize for coming across that way because it was unintended.

I was only speaking of the symmetry I observed in the crown of the diamond.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
kcwade.. I am excited about seeing the pictures of that beauty.... I am thinking that you made a very fine purchase.. congrats!!!

PICTURES PICTURES
31.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/19/2005 6:16:31 PM
Author: kcwade33
Also, I was unaware of the shorthand 8* as actually being an Eightstar brand. I apologize for coming across that way because it was unintended.

I was only speaking of the symmetry I observed in the crown of the diamond.
I know kc. Often people will comment when purchasing H&A type stones that they can see the 8star pattern within the diamond in certain lighting conditions. This is common. For someone in the trade however to state "they know its an 8*", when indeed it is not demonstrates how much (or in this case little) they actually know about super ideals and the various brands/diamonds on the market.

Peace and Godspeed,

AZDiamondGuy

Rough_Rock
I''m just noting that, from my personal experience, it''s impossible for me to tell the difference between a branded diamond J SI2 and a GIA EX/EX J SI2 or a PGS EX/EX J SI2.

If you want to pay more for the branding that''s your call.

kcwade33

Rough_Rock
GG,

I agree with you there but let''s dive into the issue you brought up about my stone of choice being to expensive. I''d like to see your alternatives that provide more value????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results