shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring! 1.67 ct VS2 J

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement and on your fabulous engagement ring. I agree that very few college girls will be seen sporting such a glamorous ring such as this, but just consider yourself bling-blessed! In regard to how to wear the ring --like many of the previous posters, you have to do what you feel comfortable about, but in my opinion -- if you are engaged, wear it proudly as an engagement ring. If he had given you a more modest ring, would you wear it on your finger in a college setting? My guess is yes -- and if so, you should wear the beautiful stunning ring you were so fortunate to receive. I think it''d be a shame to wear it in such a "hidden" way -- as a necklace.

When I was in college, several girls I knew became engaged and all wore their rings and couldn''t wait to be seen wearing them! Most of their e-rings were similar in size (not terribly large or showy) - but one girl received what we referred to as a "headlight". Compared to the other engaged girls, hers was MASSIVE! But believe me, she wore it and loved every minute of it and loved every stare and comment she received about it!

If you feel a little funny about having such a nice e-ring while still in college -- try not to! If people comment or say things like, "Wow! That''s huge!" or "Must be nice!" -- just smile and say "Thank you. I''m really happy with it." -- and let it go at that.

Congrats again!

Lane

Shiny_Rock
I empathize with your dilemma, being in an academic setting myself. I also agree with the fellow posters that you should enjoy your ring (which you love) and your finger is probably the safest place to wear it, given the possibility of the chain breaking.

IF people make comments like "how can he afford it, etc.", that really does reflect their own lack of politeness and certainly nothing YOU have to worry about. I''d calmly say "Thank you for the compliment, I love it", and then move on to something else. Let those comments roll right off you! People sometimes think they''re entitled to too much information!

I had a friend with a very large solitaire that belonged to her grandmother and she started wearing it when she got engaged. After too many comments about its size, she finally said to one person "please don''t criticize my grandmother''s ring" that that stopped all the comments from that group of friends! hee hee hee

joflier

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! your a lucky girl! Wear your ring with pride!
36.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
I have seen some doctors wear their ring(s) on a chain but... one should have a beefy chain to even think about this!

I usually wear my rings under gloves but am always supercareful peeling them off and my rings are fairly tight. I don't think I'd be as comfortable doing this if my rings were looser and coming off in the discarded gloves.

When I am doing something messy or ring unfriendly I always put them in a little zippered pocket in my purse. That way, as long as I haven't lost or forgotten my purse, I still have my rings. If I just set them down any ole' where I'm sure I would have lost them by now, as I am quite forgetful.

ETA: Of course you should wear your ring at school, though! They'll get over it if you do. I was definitely put off by some of the attention from my ring at first, but I got over it!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I''m also a senior in college and I feel a little uncomfortable by the attention that my ring gets. Some people ask inappropriate questions about how much it cost, but most just want to ogle it. Part of the issue too is that most of my classmates are several years younger than me. I look very young, so most of them don''t realize that I''m older, have a full-time job etc...they just assume I''m a 22 year old with a huge rock. I say just wear ring on your finger, because that''s the safest place for it. And I would put it somewhere safe when you''re working in the lab, like maybe in its box in your pocket? Also, get it insured right away if you haven''t already. I just went through David at Touchstone via the Whiteflash website and it was very quick and easy, I highly recommend them.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh congrats, it''s beautiful!
I agree with the others, wear that puppy with pride!!
36.gif

mandyk77

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I wouldn''t worry about it being to flashy. I would be more concerned about the chain breaking and loosing that beautiful ring.

I know too many people who have lost pendants when a chain breaks. I just think that wearing it on a chain would be very very risky.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
That is one BEAUTIFUL ring! Don''t worry about the comments. Since you''re a senior you should be graduating soon right? Enjoy that stunner!

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
that is just stunning! and i don''t see yellow gold that much anymore, i forgot how nice it is! great taste! believe me, in a few years you are going to think you were crazy for wanted to hide you ring, or for thinking it was over the top. wear it and love it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just beautiful! I would certainly wear it to the lab unless it is forbidden for safety reasons or if the ring could be damaged. In that case, I think you should leave it in it''s box at home. Putting it on a chain may cause scratching to your ring, or it could get lost. Same with putting it in a box in your pocket. It is safest on your finger or in a safe place at home. Almost anywhere else you are at greater risk of losing it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree wear it proudly. Plus wouldn''t your FI be hurt if you didn''t? It is a very beautiful ring!!!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautifull!!!! I LOVE the yellow gold!!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Wear that beautiful ring safely and proudly!

Fretty Bride

Rough_Rock
Thanks again to everyone! So far I''ve been wearing it on my finger, and am beginning to kind of like the attention it brings...

Fretty Bride

Rough_Rock
Any thoughts about what would look good with the ring as a wedding band? I have more than a year to decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results