shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring! 1.67 ct VS2 J

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fretty Bride

Rough_Rock
Super excited about my ring, and ready to brag! I lurked here quite a bit when searching for a setting -- fiancee proposed with the diamond, but left the setting up to me. The setting is "inspired" by a Scott Kay design, in 14 kt yellow gold.

I also have a question:

Is it okay to wear the ring on a gold chain around my neck on a daily basis? I''m in my senior year of college (fiancee graduated last year, working at a hedgefund, yay), and in a college setting, the ring looks a little (okay, a lot) extravagant on my finger. I also work in a lab, so around the neck seems more practical for now.

pic1ofmyring.jpg

Fretty Bride

Rough_Rock
Other diamond specs: GIA graded, excellent cut, polish, symmetry, medium blue fluorescence (a plus for me since it makes it more fun to show off in lab!).

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, and congratulations on your engagement! Geez, I would not want to wear it around my neck because I would want to stare at it all day long (and I would be afraid that it would come off)! I think you should do what makes you comfortable.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 12:25:42 AM
Author:Fretty Bride
Super excited about my ring, and ready to brag! I lurked here quite a bit when searching for a setting -- fiancee proposed with the diamond, but left the setting up to me. The setting is ''inspired'' by a Scott Kay design, in 14 kt yellow gold.

I also have a question:

Is it okay to wear the ring on a gold chain around my neck on a daily basis? I''m in my senior year of college (fiancee graduated last year, working at a hedgefund, yay), and in a college setting, the ring looks a little (okay, a lot) extravagant on my finger. I also work in a lab, so around the neck seems more practical for now.
Hi there,
Great ring, very pretty. i am sure there is no rule on whether you can or cannot wear ring on necklace. IMO I''d be scared though, what if chain breaks? I''d rather wear it on my finger.

Take care.
35.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! But I would never wear a ring on a chain. It seems one good yank and it could be gone. It''d be a lot safer and you''d be more aware of it on your finger. But I see your dilemma with school. I have no suggestion other than to wear it and if you are feeling uncomfortable twist the stone to face your palm. But I''m sure some students will chine in. Congrats on your engagement!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS, Fretty Bride!
35.gif

Congratulations on your engagement!

That is a gorgeous ring & diamond ... I say wear your piece of extravagance with pride! Don''t wear it on a necklace or "hide" it b/c others in your peer group may not have had the opportunity to have the ring of their dreams yet. Let them see yours and aspire to such greatness.
2.gif
If anyone is "offended" it is their choice to be such ... you haven''t done anything wrong but wear the beautiful ring that your fiance bought you with love.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful ring...

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THINK OF HIDING IT???!!!! please dont it would make me so sad
8.gif

congrats on your engagement
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif

What a beautiful ring!

I'd wear it all the time unless it's totally impractical for you in the lab--your decision to make.

But as far as it being extravagent looking--I say wear that beauty!! I have a feeling you'll get used to it
2.gif
30.gif

Fretty Bride

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks for the posts! That was super quick!

I just wore the ring to dinner for the first time today,and people were nice, but the general responses were along the lines of "OH MY GOD! That is ENORMOUS! Is it REAL? How could he possibly afford it? It can''t possibly be a month''s salary!" I was a little overwhelmed by responses, which was why I was considering the around-the-neck thing. Also, a few other girls around here just got engaged, and have beautiful rings but with stones in the 0.2 - 0.5 ct range, so mine is definitely over-the-top in comparison! Love my fiancee tons, certainly don''t mind the fact that he makes money, but didn''t realize how much the ring advertises that fact!

In retrospect...should have realized all this. But, I''m new to this engagement business!

Fretty Bride

Rough_Rock
How do I edit a post or change a picture? I''m looking for an "edit topic" option and can''t find it...maybe it''s just my bad eyesight!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Wear that baby with pride
9.gif
It''s actually an offence (PS law!) to hide such a gorgeous ring
31.gif

Seriously though, it''s your ering and it shouldn''t matter to anyone else. People might be a bit shocked, suprised etc initially, but soon they will get used to it and not be bothered with it after a while (not everyone is ering obsessed like us around here). You should be proud of it and wear it always.

I don''t know what type of lab work you do, but I am in cancer research (molecular biology lab) and lots of ladies wear their erings, bands, RHRs etc and I have never seen the need to put a ring on a chain. That might be different of course for your work, but you still should be able to get away with it. Note though, with a setting that sits a little off the finger like yours, you might need to be careful putting gloves on, they will probably get snagged. Solution - bigger gloves! Def not a reason not to wear that stunner.

Enjoy and congrats on your engagement.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous setting! I would wear that beauty with pride!!! Flash it for the world to see!!!!

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring...Congrats.

I wouldn''t wear it around my neck, as I think it''s much easier to loose that way. I don''t know about you, but I''ve had plenty of necklaces get caught on my collar, or just endure some stress and the next thing I know I feel it heading down my shirt!

I''m sure the ring has some weight to it, so if you DO wear it that way, I would make sure I got an STRONG clasp and a safety chain. Nothing light and flimsy.

However, you''re an engaged lady now...Wear that baby on your hand and enjoy it!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would wear it and enjoy it! It is gorgeous and congrats!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! Congrats on your engagement! I would love to have a ring like that, wear it with pride! People will cool off with their comments soon, and you know what? You won't be in college much longer! Then your ring might not stand out so much... but why not stand out? That's a great reason to get so much attention... you are getting married!

Of course, we are all diamond enablers around here, so if you really aren't comfortable with the attention then you can wear it, or not, however you like! But I agree with the other posters... get a big ol' chain to wear it on if you must!

Congrats again! Enjoy this special time.

DD

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

your new ring is beautiful. i REALLY love the open gallery.

i would wear that beauty every day. on a chain it can get yanked on something/someone and you could loose it
32.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations on your engagement - your ring is beautiful!! the fluro must be a ball in the lab!!

i have had a few necklaces disappear from around my neck. two i managed to recover as they slid down my neck, but three i discovered gone and never saw them again. i''d be cautious putting your beauty on a chain! if you do, i second the suggestion that you get a heavy duty chain with a mega heavy duty clasp!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement, Fretty Bride! Your ring is much too beautiful to hide if you don''t have to. Please don''t be shy about wearing it.
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!

I would say, if wearing it will jeapordize the setting, then maybe put it on a chain. But don''t be "affraid" to wear it.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
I work in a lab too, at first gloves will feel a bit uncomfortable. Turning it around so the stone is on the inside of your hand helps. I used to carry a little ring box with me in my lab coat and put it in there. Now, I don''t even notice it...actually, after forgetting my ring at work once - I made myself get used to it!
You can NOT let other people''s life styles shame you into hiding your ring. WEAR IT PROUDLY!!!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 12:32:13 AM
Author: Fretty Bride
Other diamond specs: GIA graded, excellent cut, polish, symmetry, medium blue fluorescence (a plus for me since it makes it more fun to show off in lab!).

I know! I absolutely LOVE the way my ring looks in the lighting of the lab!!!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wear it proudly on your finger
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Unless wearing the ring at work interferes with your safety, PLEASE wear that stunner!! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh! So pretty! You have to wear it on your finger, how else is DSS going to sink in?
11.gif

You''ll get used to it!
9.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!!!

Your ring is totally gorgeous! I agree with the other posters - wear it with pride!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunningly gorgeous ring that deserves to be adorned upon your finger. I would worry that in this day and age someone coulld easily yank it from your neck. Besides, I am sure your fiance wants you to show everyone that you are his!!
2.gif
Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
An engagement ring is to proclaim you are engaged. I''d wear it. Congrats!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring - congrats! I love the setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results