shape
carat
color
clarity

My replacement danhov setting and new H/SI2 stone are here and fabulous!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Kcoursolle, what an amazingly gorgeous diamond and setting! I just adore Danhov''s line, and that setting is beyond gorgeous!

One question though - with the shank not being completely round, did you have to have it sized smaller then normal?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it''s simply amazing K!
Enjoy

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m lovin'' it!!! What a fantastic setting and stone!!! It really showcases your RB!!!

And I have to tell you - your hands are model worthy!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 4:28:12 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 1/25/2008 11:10:14 AM
Author: Skippy123
Kcoursolle,one of my fav PS'er you! Gorgeous ring! Your setting makes me swooooooon and your stone is delicious, yum! I am so excited for you; love it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Congrats
36.gif
Love the pictures too.
Thank you so much Skippy, you are one of my favorite people here too. You are always such a sweetheart! Glad you liked the picture show!!! I actually tried the scanner...but it didn't work so well. It basically just looked so bright that you couldn't see much, like an overexposed copy. Have you tried it with your ring or only with loose stones?
I never tried to scan my ring, just the stone.
2.gif
Me thinks you don't need a scanner; look at those amazing pics, drooooooool!
3.gif

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
yet one more reason why i am addicted to the "show me the ring" forum!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
STUNNING! Heart it!!

Alot.

Really.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 4:55:07 PM
Author: goldenstar

Date: 1/25/2008 12:54:19 PM

Date: 1/25/2008 10:06:28 AM

Author: rainydaze

it''s GORGEOUS!!! what a beautifully designed setting, i L
30.gif
VE the profile!!! it looks so perfect on your hand, you must be thrilled!

I think danhov did a fabulous job in designing this setting! I love that every angle was thought about and made sure it was lovely. I think that so many rings are beautiful from the top, but ignored from the sides.

EXACTLY!!!

I was waiting for you to get your ring!!! ITS FAB!!!! Isn''t it the best setting ever? And your stone is to die for.
30.gif
Yes yes yes, I am thrilled with this setting! It is fabulous!!! I am so thankful for all of your detailed pics it really helped me decide on this setting in the first place! I wanted to ask you, are you going to be getting the matching band from danhov or are you going to get a different type of wedding band. I already have a wedding band, but I might someday want the matching band to wear as a set and I''d love to see some pictures. It might be fun to get some funky different types of pave bands too with some french cuts or something to a non-matchy matchy set.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 5:26:26 PM
Author: Maisie
What a beauty!!! I love the window shot!!! Congratulations, its stunning!!!!
30.gif
hey maisie, thanks!! Love your recent upgrade by the way!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 5:42:11 PM
Author: Dani
K-

I meant to ask you, did Danhov customize your setting with the pave side prongs? Because I didnt notice that feature on Goldenstar and Portia''s rings...their side prongs do not have pave...just wondering...I love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Nope, I didn''t order anything custom. However, I did receive a ring before this one that had some issues and I had to send it back and this is what I got. Basically the first one was made for a bigger diamond and everything was too clunky. The bar prongs were really big and shiny. It looks like with this setting they added some milgrain on the bar prongs to make it look more delicate. Both versions actually looked different than portia''s and goldenstars, but their stones were about 2x the size as well...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Linda W and DMBsgirl!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 9:01:58 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Wow, Kcoursolle, what an amazingly gorgeous diamond and setting! I just adore Danhov''s line, and that setting is beyond gorgeous!

One question though - with the shank not being completely round, did you have to have it sized smaller then normal?
Thanks so much! I ordered the same size as I normally would have, so it seems that it doesn''t matter. However, I have noticed that the ring doesn''t seem to spin as much as other rings I have and I wonder if this is because of the gap area that sits on the top of my finger...not really sure though!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sevens and Rock Candy, thanks so much!! I''m blushing a little about the hands. You are so sweet, maybe I should give myself a manicure so that my nails look nice too.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
isis and hearting diamonds, thank you for the compliments!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
kc, I had to come back and visit your ring...I just love it! Your diamond is soooooooo beautiful, and the setting is absolutely gorgeous! It kills me! The profile is really special. Now I have another amazing setting to add to my need list! (I''m such a size whore that I think I might need a halo always, though!)

Lately I am just dying for a killer round in a square halo setting (the D. Vatche that jayrenay has is #1 on my list right now!) and your new ring is killing me! Plus you made the switch from a radiant to a round...I love my engagement ring (radiant in a halo) but I think I love the setting more than the actual diamond, ya know? I''m like you and I also am just drawn to square shapes, though...so I have a sneaking suspicion that a round in a square halo is the perfect solution for me. I feel funny about "upgrading" (probably wouldn''t be much bigger, but it would be different) so soon after getting engaged, so I think I''m going to have to hold off for a while...but *Veruca Salt voice* I WANT IT NOW!

Alright, threadjack over...enjoy your gorgeous new ring!!!!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I love your setting and the stone is beautiful!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, missed this one. Coursie, I LOVE that setting. The main attraction isn''t too shabby either. Killer stone, beautiful setting. Congrats on getting such a beauty.

shay

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
WWWWOOOOWWWW! So beautiful I LOVE that setting - love the knife edge pave!! (of course - I''m biased)

Congrats on your new ering.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Wow, k, fabulous is an understatement. Absolutely stunning! Congratulations.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous kcoursolle!
30.gif
I love it!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2008 5:50:52 PM

Thanks so much! I ordered the same size as I normally would have, so it seems that it doesn''t matter. However, I have noticed that the ring doesn''t seem to spin as much as other rings I have and I wonder if this is because of the gap area that sits on the top of my finger...not really sure though!

Yes, my ring doesn''t really spin either. I''m pretty sure its because of the space at the top. Some finger flesh gets pushed in there and holds the ring upright. It''s very comfortable.

I am planning to get the matching Danhov band. I''m not sure when though. Wedding is not until 2009. But I will be sure to post pics when I get it.

Blue Nile has a knife edge pave ring that might work. Its a LOT cheaper than the Danhov, partly because the pave doesn''t go all the way around. I might order the BN one to see if it works. If it doesn''t match I can always send it back.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is a beautiful ring! Congratulations! Looks great on your hand!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2008 7:02:37 PM
Author: thing2of2
kc, I had to come back and visit your ring...I just love it! Your diamond is soooooooo beautiful, and the setting is absolutely gorgeous! It kills me! The profile is really special. Now I have another amazing setting to add to my need list! (I''m such a size whore that I think I might need a halo always, though!)

Lately I am just dying for a killer round in a square halo setting (the D. Vatche that jayrenay has is #1 on my list right now!) and your new ring is killing me! Plus you made the switch from a radiant to a round...I love my engagement ring (radiant in a halo) but I think I love the setting more than the actual diamond, ya know? I''m like you and I also am just drawn to square shapes, though...so I have a sneaking suspicion that a round in a square halo is the perfect solution for me. I feel funny about ''upgrading'' (probably wouldn''t be much bigger, but it would be different) so soon after getting engaged, so I think I''m going to have to hold off for a while...but *Veruca Salt voice* I WANT IT NOW!

Alright, threadjack over...enjoy your gorgeous new ring!!!!
Thanks thin2of2!!! I think a round in a square halo would be lovely and definitely give you are the appearance of a square with the sparkle factor of a round. I''ve considered octagon halos myself. The halo should also help with the DSS if you are a size gal!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi DiamanteBlue and Shay, thanks!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2008 9:36:44 PM
Author: tberube
WWWWOOOOWWWW! So beautiful I LOVE that setting - love the knife edge pave!! (of course - I''m biased)

Congrats on your new ering.
I love the knife edge too!! It looks so pretty from different angles and I love how both sides are covered in diamonds!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks KimberlyH and snlee!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 3:22:26 AM
Author: goldenstar

Date: 1/26/2008 5:50:52 PM

Yes, my ring doesn''t really spin either. I''m pretty sure its because of the space at the top. Some finger flesh gets pushed in there and holds the ring upright. It''s very comfortable.

I am planning to get the matching Danhov band. I''m not sure when though. Wedding is not until 2009. But I will be sure to post pics when I get it.

Blue Nile has a knife edge pave ring that might work. Its a LOT cheaper than the Danhov, partly because the pave doesn''t go all the way around. I might order the BN one to see if it works. If it doesn''t match I can always send it back.
oooh, I didn''t know that BN had a matching band. I''ll have to check it out, does it also have the milgrain edges? Keep me posted on the different bands you try, I''d love to see the pictures. The matching band in platinum from danhov is super expensive...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 6:17:45 AM
Author: Gemma12
Wow, that is a beautiful ring! Congratulations! Looks great on your hand!
Thanks so much gemma!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
That now makes 2 of your rings that I covet!
11.gif

I love, love, love, love, (you get the point
2.gif
) your new ring.
36.gif

Congratulations Kcoursolle!

Cachette

metro

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY!
23.gif
That is so super stunning! OH MY! That diamond is PEFECTO! And your setting
23.gif
That setting.......
30.gif

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
oooh, on second look I noticed that the BN band does NOT have milgrain edges. BUT, I checked Whiteflash and their knife edge pave band DOES have the milgrain. Maybe I''ll try that one. You''re right, the Danhov band is super expensive, that''s why I''ve been hunting for alternatives. It seems like a lot of people make knife edge pave rings so it should be doable. But I do want a good match so I might end up with the Danhov after all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results