shape
carat
color
clarity

My own New JW sapphire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 8:58:29 PM
Author: Spirit

Date: 10/23/2009 1:53:20 PM
Author: Cind11
That is a BEAUTIFUL stone! I like the ring DianaBanana posted - that would look fab!
Do you mean the one in the DB photo ? Just wondering, not fishing. : )

Dianabanana- please tell us the latest - when you feel comfortable, of course!!!!
No, ha ha. I mean your stone is beautiful.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Oh- thanks so much, Cind11. I am not even sure what type of stone that is in the other ring. It is so bright blue! Pretty too, but doesn''t look like a sapphire, does it?
Arj you are so amazing! It took 3 of us just to post my photos in the first place. Now you go and combine all my setting choices together! You must be very computer savvy! ( If you have some free time, would you be able to put my before and afters side by side ?)
I just love the sparkle of the teeny diamonds against the " blueberries"! I am really very careful with my rings . I think the ones shown are so pretty. I am so excited to see what you do with your gorgeous sapphire! It is interesting the way Jeff cut mine to be a softer cushion shape, while your outline has those little corners which I adore. Bet you are imagining your ring as soon as you wake up each morning and before you go to bed at night!
I wish posters like Lost Sapphire and Cushioncutnut, as well as Catmom would come visit here. I just love their sapphire rings!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
OH WOW!!! What an incredible sapphire! I''m just dying of envy here - it''s such a beautiful color (I think that shade of blue is my favorite color for a sapphire). Congrats! I think the designs you''re thinking (the half moons) are going to make for a gorgeous ring. Seriously, be prepared for people to comment and compliment you on it - I certainly would!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 11:37:02 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
OH WOW!!! What an incredible sapphire! I''m just dying of envy here - it''s such a beautiful color (I think that shade of blue is my favorite color for a sapphire). Congrats! I think the designs you''re thinking (the half moons) are going to make for a gorgeous ring. Seriously, be prepared for people to comment and compliment you on it - I certainly would!
Ahhh, thanks Brown.Eyed.Girl for the compliment! Seems like half moons really suit the shape of this stone more than the straight lines of the trapezoids, right?
I hope Jeff reads this thread and sees how many people are fond of his work!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 11:28:16 PM
Arj you are so amazing! It took 3 of us just to post my photos in the first place. Now you go and combine all my setting choices together! You must be very computer savvy! ( If you have some free time, would you be able to put my before and afters side by side ?)

I just love the sparkle of the teeny diamonds against the '' blueberries''! I am really very careful with my rings . I think the ones shown are so pretty. I am so excited to see what you do with your gorgeous sapphire! It is interesting the way Jeff cut mine to be a softer cushion shape, while your outline has those little corners which I adore. Bet you are imagining your ring as soon as you wake up each morning and before you go to bed at night!

I wish posters like Lost Sapphire and Cushioncutnut, as well as Catmom would come visit here. I just love their sapphire rings!

lol...I am *not* computer savvy - this was just a trick I learned here.
5.gif

I agree with you, blue sapphires and melee diamonds do make perfect partners - will you be going with plat?

This is funny - I love the rounded corners of your stone, and you love the points of mine, lol..
Don''t get me wrong, I''m 110% happy with everything about my stone..but I may have to be a lil more careful when wearing it due to the points, I''m thinking?
I do believe they are greatly exaggerated by that shot though..

Oh you''re so right, it''s such a huge distraction! - which may not be a good thing sometimes.. My ring will most likely be in production at the same time I have exams
23.gif

ha ha, at least it will provide some fun relief when I am sick of studying
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
and of course, here ya go. It''s fun to have a side by side and see the huge difference..

spirit JW recut aj1.jpg

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Thank you so much! Seeing the before and after side by side really does show the difference between a native cut and a precision cut! How the heck does he do every single move without damaging anything? No wonder he has to take his time. He must be a perfectionist as well as a very patient man.
Arj I really appreciate it- and so quick, too! Thanks, friend.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 11:58:36 PM
Wow! Thank you so much! Seeing the before and after side by side really does show the difference between a native cut and a precision cut! How the heck does he do every single move without damaging anything? No wonder he has to take his time. He must be a perfectionist as well as a very patient man.

Arj I really appreciate it- and so quick, too! Thanks, friend.

you''re very welcome.
Yes, I find Jeff''s skills very impressive too.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 11:44:11 PM
Date: 10/23/2009 11:37:02 PM

Ahhh, thanks Brown.Eyed.Girl for the compliment! Seems like half moons really suit the shape of this stone more than the straight lines of the trapezoids, right?

I hope Jeff reads this thread and sees how many people are fond of his work!

I agree on the moons v. traps (though I love traps as well). Actually AJ, I aspire to a sapphire cut like yours so I can put it in a setting like Bebe''s Leon (with traps on the side) - someday!
5.gif
I can''t wait to see both of your completed rings!

Spirit, Jeff is definitely talented. I have a couple stones cut by him, including one of my favorite ones, a blue-green tourm, and the cutting is superb.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2009 12:45:18 AM

I agree on the moons v. traps (though I love traps as well). Actually AJ, I aspire to a sapphire cut like yours so I can put it in a setting like Bebe''s Leon (with traps on the side) - someday!
5.gif
I can''t wait to see both of your completed rings!

Spirit, Jeff is definitely talented. I have a couple stones cut by him, including one of my favorite ones, a blue-green tourm, and the cutting is superb.

Cheers BEG - I agree a classic 3 stone with tapered traps is a superb design for a sapphire
5.gif
11.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
That ring DB posted is pretty close to what I suggested - now I like the idea even more!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh- thanks so much, Cind11. I am not even sure what type of stone that is in the other ring. It is so bright blue! Pretty too, but doesn''t look like a sapphire, does it?
I just love the sparkle of the teeny diamonds against the '' blueberries''! I am really very careful with my rings . I think the ones shown are so pretty. I am so excited to see what you do with your gorgeous sapphire! It is interesting the way Jeff cut mine to be a softer cushion shape, while your outline has those little corners which I adore. Bet you are imagining your ring as soon as you wake up each morning and before you go to bed at night!

I am here! I am here! I saw the title of this thread and of course came running! OMG.... your sapphire recut by JW is AMAZING!!!!! It just glows and seems to explode with sparkle! Love the color too!
30.gif
30.gif
You and Arujane have me wanting a JW sapphire!!
18.gif
Thanks for your compliment about my ring. I am extremely flattered to be in such great company! I drool everytime I see LS and Catmom''s rings!!! I can''t wait to see what you and Arujane decide how to set these beauties!!!!!!!!! I really like the setting dianabananna posted...........but I wouldn''t sneeze at any of them of course!!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
MaRe and Cushioncutnut- yes, that ring is a beauty and perfect for an E/W set stone. No wonder CCN likes it- it is pretty much the same as yours but with your stone turned the other direction! I always admire yours! Also love the LM ring of Bebe''s . Interesting to see that even the famous Leon would put step cut sides with a cushion . There are also side stones called sheilds which have a bit of a curve like a half moon but a few little pointies . I''ll try and find a pictiure of those.
Thanks for dropping in CCN! I was hoping you would join the party!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
That stone is mind blowing goegeous - I love every detail about it.

I cannot wait to see how you decide to set it, there are so many options.
I looked at sheild cuts for my side stones, just love ''em.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone!! Jeff did a wonderful job really, and without losing much face-up size (always important
3.gif
).

I''ll put in my vote for the half moon side stones
36.gif
Can''t wait to hear about your ideas, Spirit.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
That pic of the sapphire in natural light on your hand gave me the shivers, what a GREAT stone.

The side-by-side was really the perfect way to show the transition. How did he improve that stone SO MUCH without losing too much of the weight/dimension? Go Jeff!!!

I''m voting for the half moons, I think those would be stunning.

Congrats, Spirit, awesome stone!
18.gif

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
I am very overwhelmed with everybody's kind comments! Of course I can take zero credit for the stone - that is all the magic work of Jeff! ( and nature)! But it makes me feel so good about making our decision to purchase it after all of you with such beautiful pieces yourselves are giving such positive feedback. So thank you!
Bebe- so glad to hear you also considered shields. Your ring is one of the top 10 favorites here on Pscope . It comes as a great compliment to hear your excitement about my newbie beauty!
Icekid - Your ring as well is a stunner ! Is it also cut by JW? He has so many fans on this site! Your colour is amazingly beautiiful! I agree that it seems like he cut a whole new stone- but how did it keep it's visual size? Must have been a lot of weight in the underside which he was able to cut away in order to obtain perfect symmetry???
Stoniegrl- wow! shivers! Not my hand in the photo- that was taken by Jeff and could be his wife's hand.Looks a bit different than his usual hand shots which are on his own hand. Whatever- soon this baby will be on MY HAND!!! Glad you liked the side-by-side- and that is thanks to Arj who was able to do that for me in 2 seconds! I agree it really helps to show the massive changes . The colour of this sapphire keeps changing with every turn I take. It is really unusual. I remember Catmom once saying that with her colour change gorgeous sapphire ring, it was like having two different rings! That's how different the tones change depending on the source of light!
Aussiegirl Arj.... just wait til you see yours in person! You won't stop playing with it for days! I can't wait til I can get out into the lighting in places like the supermarket, Home Depot etc and watch it dance! You will LOVE your colors- trust me!!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Loriken : )

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2009 11:20:25 AM
MaRe and Cushioncutnut- yes, that ring is a beauty and perfect for an E/W set stone. No wonder CCN likes it- it is pretty much the same as yours but with your stone turned the other direction! I always admire yours! Also love the LM ring of Bebe''s . Interesting to see that even the famous Leon would put step cut sides with a cushion . There are also side stones called sheilds which have a bit of a curve like a half moon but a few little pointies . I''ll try and find a pictiure of those.
Thanks for dropping in CCN! I was hoping you would join the party!

I wouldn''t miss the party....especially after seeing a sapphire like yours!! SWOON!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!! Gorgeous, sapphire, and I''m loving the setting ideas!!! I will have to keep a close eye on your thread!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 12:08:34 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Wow!!!! Gorgeous, sapphire, and I''m loving the setting ideas!!! I will have to keep a close eye on your thread!
Ditto that! That beauty is phenominal, and I can''t wait to see what you do with it!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone. Enjoy.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
It is very very beautiful!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
I am getting more excited about the setting options! Thanks for the cheerleading, Cushioncutnut,Diadiva,Lauren the Partier,Geckodani,MC, and SimplySplendid!
In the meantime, I am still having fun watching it in all the different lighting!
For the halo part, I was thinking of half pointers or maybe 1 points the most. Any opinions on that for someone with small hands?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Oh- thanks so much, Cind11. I am not even sure what type of stone that is in the other ring. It is so bright blue! Pretty too, but doesn't look like a sapphire, does it?
I just love the sparkle of the teeny diamonds against the ' blueberries'! I am really very careful with my rings . I think the ones shown are so pretty. I am so excited to see what you do with your gorgeous sapphire! It is interesting the way Jeff cut mine to be a softer cushion shape, while your outline has those little corners which I adore. Bet you are imagining your ring as soon as you wake up each morning and before you go to bed at night!
I'm here (mostly lurking these days, just not feeling great...long story). You're getting lots of great advice. As usual, JEFF WHITE ROCKS. Congratulations on the stone and your project. How very exciting!

LS

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 7:48:31 PM
Author: LostSapphire

I''m here (mostly lurking these days, just not feeling great...long story). You''re getting lots of great advice. As usual, JEFF WHITE ROCKS. Congratulations on the stone and your project. How very exciting!

LS
I am sooo glad you finally dropped in here, Lost Sapphire! I have learned a lot about this sapphire business through your postings! Thank you for all the information you have shared!
Very sorry to hear you are not feeling up to par. Hope things improve quickly. Don''t Feel " blue" - just WEAR it!
37.gif

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, just wow.

I''m on a very similar journey for a sapphire to yours...I''ll post separately, but just wanted to say thanks for this thread...I am inspired to hold out for the exact stone I am looking for.

Laura

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Largosmom-how exciting for you! Your journey begins but by reading all the posts on here you are now well eductaed and ready for the search! I hope you find what you are looking for. Thanks for the compliment . Just be patient and yours will come too! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results