shape
carat
color
clarity

My own New JW sapphire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Kas and Lil F-That is one of the main things that hit us- how can a sapphire sparkle like this? It definitely has the sparkle of a tanzanite and maybe even close to a diamond in some light. There was a point today when it reflected colours as a diamond would. That is all due to Jeff''s precision cutting, I would imgaine.
Gee I hope Jeff reads this and sees how impressed he can make us PSers! Glad you like it too, marcyc.
Packrat- you are so kind! This will be an anni gift- not my ER.
Anybody like the idea of a thin halo and 2 small traps or half moons as sides? I am leaning that direction but now that I have seen the underside I FOR SURE want a very airy , light setting . Nothing to hide with this baby!
I am so open to any setting ideas! Thanks!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks AustenNut! I hope I will!
Question for Kas Baby: What is the " glamour shot"? These are the only photos I have - before, after , and outside.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGOUSNESS!
3.gif
18.gif
30.gif

-A

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Jeff does beautiful work.
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

bluebell

Shiny_Rock
your sapphire is so gorgeous!! The color is perfect!

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 7:34:50 PM
Author: Spirit
...outside shot.
Oh WOW!!! Gorgeous! Don''t you feel so lucky to own something so beautiful? Jeff has managed, yet again, to turn a stone in to a gem!
36.gif

Now..about that setting...spill it! What are your plans??
3.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 9:02:02 PM
Thanks AustenNut! I hope I will!
Question for Kas Baby: What is the '' glamour shot''? These are the only photos I have - before, after , and outside.
sorry I wasn''t more clear... I was referring to the pic of it on the nice gray backdrop. I called it a glamor shot because you can see the facets so well... drool
3.gif

I''m just in love with how glowy it looks in his outside picture of it- yum! what a gorgeous pool of blue
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Spirit!!!!

Oh My Gawd...now, you know I''m so very happy with my sapphire - but seriously, I have complete sapphire envy over your incredible beauty!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I love that Jeff used that seafoam tourmaline cut on yours, it translated brilliantly !- everything, the colour, cut and shape are all just perfection - and its massive!
What is the end ct weight hon, did I miss that?

(That was actually the cut I originally had wanted for my stone, but because it''s a bit smaller than yours, Jeff wasn''t sure if it would work as well..)

I''m interested in your assessment of the photos vs real life too, because yes admittedly yours appears a lil light in the "glamour shot" - but honestly this is my ideal shade, with the shift/component of violet
30.gif

I''m glad to hear you are more happy with the colour IRL -

awww, you''re making me jealous that I can''t see mine in person to check out the colour and sparkle, lol..

A massive congrats, it''s stunning and I cannot wait to hear your plans - will you set it N/S or E/W orientation?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2009 7:34:50 PM
...outside shot.
WOW!!!!
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Spirit,
may I ask what size ring you wear?
This sapphire is going to create fantastic finger coverage!
On your question to me in an earlier thread, seeing the stone I think half moons would be wonderful, and more suitable than traps -
They will echo the rounded edges of the design of the stone..
I would think pears would also work - do you like pears?

I will try to find some examples to get your setting juices flowing
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ok...I know this is a lil out there..but you mentioned a fine halo.

If you can, try to imagine your sapphire (N/S) of course, with white diamond sides, and a fine halo around both, but with a plain shank.

I have no idea of your style, so you can say if this is OTT!
But I think that with a plain (not a pave) shank, it would be "toned down" a lil, kwim?

r1174_006Ww aj.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
so..like this and the one above combined..but with pear or half moon sides..what do you think Spirit?

r1289_002Ww aj.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Another gorgeous sapphire.
11.gif

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! You fellow gem passionators are the best! After waiting so long to see the actual result, that moment just before you actually open the envelope is a tad scary! I closed my eyes while my dh took a quick peek and then when he went " oooooh, that's gorgeous" in a soft voice, I knew I would be ok!
It has been pretty rainy and dark here the past 2 days so I am seeing more purples than blues , but move a inch over closer to a light and the colour changes instantly. It is so unreal that nature created this art! So lucky to have found Jeff to enhance it !
So Aj, your comments are so kind. I think we all have the same reaction when we look at eachother's beauties- I did too when I saw yours! I love your design with the sharper corners, the more square shape- the colour is so rich and beautiful! You will be very proud when you wear your new ring, for sure!!! Thanks for mentioning that you like the bit of lighter colour in mine- I told you I was a bit nervous about it being tooo light. I think you'll be surprised when you try to match yours up with your photos... in a good way!
My ring size is about 4.5 or 4 75 . Once I saw the actual stone IRL I had the same feeling as you- the half moons might be a better match than traps. I may search for half moons in a step cut , just for some contrast and added sparkle, and compare them to the brilliant cuts. There is a photo on Brian's website from Oct. 7 , showing a mock-up of a ring he did not do but it was a variation of the one he did for someone with a blue sapphire and split shank with halo. Please take a look when you have a chance and tell me if that looks like a nice design for this longer cushion. I appreciate your photos and the only diff is I do def want small diamonds in the shank. Halo may be just 1 pointers , or even half points!

There is so much wonderful support here . Just want to thank everyone who made such kind , encouraging comments .Wish we could all meet up one day and have a jewel convention!. That would be so much fun!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
DB- thanks! I think I mentioned my ideas for a setting a few posts ago. If not, see my previous post. Oh- and Arj- the finished size is 3.10 . N/S .The cut he used is called the Barion Cut. He said it would maintain as much colour and size as possible. I trusted him totally and went with whatever he envisioned would be best for this particular stone. There are so many darn litle facets in this cushion, I can't even imagine how tiring the process is on his eyes!
DianaB- good luck today! I hope your expectations are exceeded when you see the final result on your finger!!! Please let us know!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 10:57:38 AM
So Aj, your comments are so kind. I think we all have the same reaction when we look at eachother's beauties- I did too when I saw yours! I love your design with the sharper corners, the more square shape- the colour is so rich and beautiful! You will be very proud when you wear your new ring, for sure!!! Thanks for mentioning that you like the bit of lighter colour in mine- I told you I was a bit nervous about it being tooo light. I think you'll be surprised when you try to match yours up with your photos... in a good way!

My ring size is about 4.5 or 4 75 . Once I saw the actual stone IRL I had the same feeling as you- the half moons might be a better match than traps. I may search for half moons in a step cut , just for some contrast and added sparkle, and compare them to the brilliant cuts. There is a photo on Brian's website from Oct. 7 , showing a mock-up of a ring he did not do but it was a variation of the one he did for someone with a blue sapphire and split shank with halo. Please take a look when you have a chance and tell me if that looks like a nice design for this longer cushion. I appreciate your photos and the only diff is I do def want small diamonds in the shank. Halo may be just 1 pointers , or even half points!

Hi again Spirit,
honestly, everything I've said is the whole truth - I adore the chunky facets of your stone!
Trade ya anytime lovey!?
31.gif
he he he..

I know just the image you mean - I hope you don't mind I post it for other PSers to see what we're referring to - this is the image right? Yes, that was secondhandnews ring I believe (I hope they don't mind?)..
This thing will have some serious finger presence sweety! Be ready to get plenty of envious glances, lol..
2.gif

I think this would be wonderful and very pretty for your stone! Plus, you know that BGD can already achieve it well by the example posted in their blog, kwim (if you choose to go with them). Have you decided on a vendor yet?

I seriously adore your stone's cut - like I said, it's like my stone has "bigger sister" envy, lol..
I am really glad to hear yours shows violet in different lighting, as this is what I was hoping for..and I'm pretty sure yours and my native stones are from the same parcel..

AH_BrianGavin_3-stone for sp1irit.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful! He really turned what I''d consider an ordinary stone into something quite special. About the design, I might be in the minority here but I''d set it E/W, in a pave split shank, with claw prongs holding the stone cause I think those could nicely accentuate the facet pattern. But that''s just me, do whatever fits your taste and will make you happy. And enjoy wearing it
2.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
how exciting!! I like the idea of half moons... and I'm a solitaire kind of girl, lol!

I'm definitely going to have to keep track of both of these beauties
30.gif

can't wait to see the finished product
9.gif

ETA: oooh! Mr. Ma re I'm likin' that idea... my all time favorite setting for a cushion has always been the pokey special. tee hee, I feel like I say that every time someone asks for an opinion on a setting for a cushion, lol
41.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a little late because I didn''t realize you''d posted the photos, but yowza! Its great! I love what you said about the sparkle. Yum.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Mr MaRe it is good to hear from you, another one of the PS experts! Thanks for the compliment. I like your idea for setting EW as well and did try it on my finger today in an old empty setting I have. I was surprised how it appeared more squarish, and will still play with the idea. Just hope my mind won't want to turn it back upright!
Kas your enthusiasm makes this even more fun! Thanks!
Novel - so glad you joined in and thanks.
Arj, you found the same photo. I am thinking the side stones - for me- should be smaller in order to focus more on the star! Not even sure if only the main stone should be haloed, and not the half moons. But still sticking with small sparklies on the band. Wish I could find an example of a really thin split shank . My goal is for a very open and airy setting.
Can anyone identify with this? I have my little friend with me here in it's transparent box while I am posting! I keep checking on it to see if there's any colour-shifting going on. Oh my. Definitely obsessed!
Just noticed: Missrocks ring is so gorgeous! Does anyone know how to post a photo of that one next to the BG one ? Both have a similar design...food for thought!
I really want to thank all of you for all your help!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely stone!!!! The color is
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
split shank Pokey Special: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-daniel-k-tsavorite-pictures-inside.46513/

MissGotRocks half moons:https://www.pricescope.com/forum/colored-stones/colored-stone-jewellery-the-best-of-ps-pic-thread-t109703-30.html
(I couldn''t find the original thread)

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Cute! Thanks Princessplease!
Oh Arj I just thought of something else- our stones are not from the same package , I don''t think, because Jeff has had mine since around April or May. We started off that long ago but I thought it may be too much $ and size for us at that time. They are still related, though. Like our diamonds! Same fathers, different mothers, rememeber ? !
21.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Something for you to consider....humina humina!!
30.gif
9.gif

Despite some of the recent posts, I don''t think you should discount Leon as an option for setting your beauty.

moz_-cuprian-tourm_--3_73ct--dia-_98ctw.jpeg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That is a BEAUTIFUL stone! I like the ring DianaBanana posted - that would look fab!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the stone''s color and cut. Congrats!!

I like the idea of putting some diamonds with it. I personally wouldn''t do half moons and halo it and put diamonds in the shank. But I''m a very casual person. I do like the E/W split shank look and the N/S with half moons though. And of course the side stones should be small enough to let the Sapphire be the star!!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 1:53:20 PM
Author: Cind11
That is a BEAUTIFUL stone! I like the ring DianaBanana posted - that would look fab!
Do you mean the one in the DB photo ? Just wondering, not fishing. : )

Dianabanana- please tell us the latest - when you feel comfortable, of course!!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Here ya go Spirit:
on the top left, the ring that the client chose from BGD.
on top right, the mock up you like (but smaller half moons, I agree).
bottom left, missgotrocks' with half moons and pave shank.
and bottom right (because I'm stubborn and like the plain shank idea, lol) - an LM example.

Is that you were looking for?
I say, if you really want bling on the band as well as the halo - go for it! I am speaking from my perspective, where 90% of the time I am quite a casual person etc. If that is your style and you don't mind the idea of having to baby your pave just a lil, I think it will be gorgeous !

compare for spirit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results