shape
carat
color
clarity

My own New JW sapphire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Well now it is finally my turn to share my story of our sapphire quest!
Today we received the stone we have waited two years for! Jeff outdid himself , as he always seems to do. He is a master!
It is an unheated, untreated natural color-change cushion-cut sapphire from Sri Lanka. When he received the native cut , it measured 4.60 ct! We discussed with him the best route to go: either we could have just done a pavillion re-cut in order to retain the size, or do a complete recut and leave it in Jeff's capable hands. Of course, we could have kept it as it was, since he thought it was a pretty good native cut . With his help our decision was to let him do a complete recut. We are so glad he did! It turned out to be an amazingly symetrical stone. Never expected there to be so much sparkle and life to it! The colour is medium blue- close to our idea of cornflower, but in certain lights it shifts to shades of purple. We have only had it for a few hours so still lots of time to play with it until we send it out for setting.
It started out as 7.4 x 9.9 mm and is now 7 x 9.1. Depth is 5.6mm. Clarity is excellent. Color is divine. Cut is ideal.
My inspiriation has been the beautiful examples from all the PSers who have been so happy with their " blueberries" Thank you all for sharing your experiences and I have loved seeing all your sapphires , especially hearing about your journey from sourcing to recuts to settings.
I hope Jeff gets the recognition he deserves. He is an absolute pleasure to work with; very patient, passionate about his work, an expert who measures many many times before he cuts, and a man of his word.
With some help I will try to attach the photos Jeff sent me.
Thanks to everyone here for all your help !

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is excellent news; it sounds like you did not lose much face up size. I can''t wait to see your pictures.
36.gif

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Oh thanks Chrono! Feels so good to finally be posting.
We are trying to attach Jeff's photos but it's not working yet. Is there a simple way to post these on here? ( thanks)

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Can''t wait to see the pictures!!!
31.gif
I''m SO jealous of the size...what can I say? I''m a size girl!
25.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 4:19:37 PM
Author: Spirit
Oh thanks Chrono! Feels so good to finally be posting.
We are trying to attach Jeff''s photos but it''s not working yet. Is there a simple way to post these on here? ( thanks)
Try renaming the files to something really unique, like spiritsjeffsap001....that usually works for me!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do they still have to be a certain size too? I''m not sure if that''s changed yet.

Excited to see it!!

*slight threadjack* Diana-any word on your Leon? *end threadjack*

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Packrat...I just might have photos to post this weekend
2.gif
the ring was shipped to my Dad in Seattle and he''s bringing it up on Friday night. I have a picture from the Man himself but he specifically asked me not to post the photo on the internet - he even doctored the photo to say the same thing!
9.gif

Sorry Spirit...thread jack complete!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!

K, sorry Spirit!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Diana and Packrat.
Threadjack anytime. We're all taking about the same thing anyway! : )
DianaB- I am so glad to finally hear from you! I have been concerned with your silence! At least give us a hint- from the photo was your reaction a good one? Jumping up and down good?
36.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Ya know...I sent the stone off in May, yes MAY...
20.gif
so I''m not jumping up and down with excitement about the ring anymore but I will say that the picture looks exactly like I imagined it would.
30.gif
I think some people might prefer his first version but this one is more *me*.

So, tell us what plans you have for your beauty, can''t WAIT to see you''re pictures!!!!! Where are those darn pictures missy?? Get on it!!!
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AHHH!!! MUST. HAVE. PICTURES!!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
pictures???? *refresh*refresh*
2.gif

can''t wait to see... I''m in love with his sapphires
30.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
pictures yet?

When you try to load them what is the error message you are getting? perhaps if you told us what the hang up was we could tell you what to do.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks MakingTheGrade and Kas- you all make this so much more fun by sharing in the excitement!
I will be getting some help with the photos in about an hour, hopefully!

DB- bet when you finally get your new beauty on your finger you will feel alot better. It is unfortunate that you had a few hiccups along the way, but, your time is finally here and we will all be rooting for you!
My new chapter is about to begin. Not easy to find the right setting, and your experience keeps us all aware .

Where is Arj ???

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sarahbear. I think the message was something about the name , so we will try again by renaming as suggested. We''ll know soon.

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Before...

sapphire before.jpg

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
...after the magic...

sapphire after.jpg

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
...outside shot.

sapphire outside.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
nice! i love the color! it looks perwinkle to me...but it is gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. Goodness!!!

That is just lusciousness!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W
30.gif
W!

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Whoa! That is seriously beautiful! Congratulations!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gooooorgeous!!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
so beautiful! I just love that outside shot! So jealous- I love cushions... and for some reason don''t have one yet.. hmm need to get on that, lol

Jeff really is such a master mind isn''t he? something magical about his gems
30.gif
I may be a little biased though since I''m also in the JW blue sapphire boat, lol

wear it in good health!
36.gif

Spirit

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Sarahbear, MakingTheGrade, Aprilbaby,Pierreone, Kas, and Packrat!

I was so surprised when I opened the package today. I was expecting to see a light coloured stone like it appears in the photos, but it was definitely darker and much more a medium shade of blue. I was really happy to see that, and my dh also immediately noticed how different the colour seemed IRL compared to the photos. At home now I can''t even tell it''s the same stone as no matter in which light , it has not looked at all as light as the photos! I wonder if anyone else has had that experience? Luckily we are so much more happy that it is a richer tone than what we imagined!
Whatever the shade of blue, it is clear to see what a beautiful recut Jeff accomplished with this stone. Big diff in the before and after, no?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I bet it sparkles like mad!

I never got the ''glamor'' shot of my sapph from him, just outside before and after pics- I was blown away. The color was very representative and he gave me a very good description of the color as I had told him I would put more stake in that than a picture.

Remembering how excited I was when I first saw mine, just makes me that much more excited about you receiving yours, as I have some idea of how the reaction might have went
30.gif
3.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is a beauty, sparkles like mad.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back to admire the prettiness again! Do you have plans for it-is it for your ering?

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza, that is one heck of a sapphire. Enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results