shape
carat
color
clarity

My newborn grandson is very sick

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, he is beautiful! So glad to see your latest updates. Hope he continues to improve and is all healthy soon.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t even imagine your daughter’s anguish! I had my baby girl this past May, and there were a few weeks when the doctors thought she had a hip malformation. After some tests, it turns out she’s fine, but I was a mess over it until we were told she was ok.

It’s probably worth keeping an extra eye on your daughter’s emotional state in the next year so you can urge her to seek help if she needs it. Postpartum Depression can strike anyone but is much more likely to affect a woman with a traumatic birth/newborn experience. Keep in mind, it can take up to a year to manifest and is more likely to appear after a hormone shift (birth, return of menses, and the end of breastfeeding).

I am so sorry you went through this, Hayley. I hope that all is well with you (and your daughter, of course) now. My daughter developed an unusual "problem" femoral torsion or femoral anteversion-that was first noticed when she was three years old and I went to orthopedists (and a geneticist) all over the East Coast when she was a small child! But she is 25 now, so that is but a memory!!! Nonetheless, one remembers. I hope you have recovered well.

Hugs,
Deb

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caleb’s test results didn’t show any bacterial infection! It must have been viral. He is being discharged today! I’m so relieved!!!!

Thank you everyone for your kindness. You are all so lovely! :kiss2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caleb’s test results didn’t show any bacterial infection! It must have been viral. He is being discharged today! I’m so relieved!!!!

Maybe RSV? Thank goodness he has turned a corner! I know you are one relieved grandmother!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe RSV? Thank goodness he has turned a corner! I know you are one relieved grandmother!

What is RSV? I am really REALLY relieved!!!

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Then perhaps it was the breastfeeding that helped.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fantastic news Maise!!!! Now we need to get you and your grandson those T-shirts. World’s best grandma and World’s best grandson :love::appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just wonderful! Hope that you can all enjoy this little bundle when you get him home! I think we are all relieved for you!! Go Caleb!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great news...:clap: I knew he was going home soon.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so relieved and happy for you!
Thanks for updating us.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
:appl:So happy to hear!!!!!! Now it’s time to enjoy that sweet grand baby of yours!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic news Maisie!!! :appl:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news and love the pictures! So happy for your family! He's beautiful. :)

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news! I'm sure it must be such a relief for you and your whole family.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such happy news!! We all share in your joy! :appl:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Whoo hooo!

Wonderful news indeed!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to ready your positive update. :appl::appl: Hopefully Caleb is home by now, but if not, then soon! Best wishes for smooth sailing for Caleb and your family.

Q

Queenie60

So happy! :love:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy New Year, Caleb !

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am awaiting an update, as is everyone else in the thread! I am thrilled Caleb is doing so well. Tell us when he can go home!

Big hugs,
Deb :wavey:

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!:dance:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome news, Maisie! Very thankful!!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is wonderful news. So scary!! Glad he is doing much better. He’s such a little cutie!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Maisie he is such a beautiful wee boy So relieved to hear he is recovering well!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now he’s home he’s being quite the little tinker. He won’t let his mammy put him down. I think he’s making up for all the days she wasn’t allowed to hold him due to his high temp :kiss2:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad to hear this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results