shape
carat
color
clarity

My newborn grandson is very sick

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
Dear Maisie,
I am so sorry to hear this, wishing for a quick recovery.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
A little update. Still no blood results yet. Why do they take so long? Maybe I’m just impatient. He’s awake more and feeding really well. He has been moved to a children’s ward. I’m assuming this means he is out of danger? His temperature is still all over the place. He looks rather unimpresssd lol! I’ve never noticed his elf ears before! 1F4019C7-DEDB-4A02-853D-6A6361CA8FE9.jpeg FD53F805-181F-4C1B-AE5A-F8979BD0873E.jpeg Ive

I was wondering what’s taking so long with cultures as well, but maybe they’re staining the cells.

What a cute kid. And he’s TOUGH — a fighter! So glad he’s doing better.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was wondering what’s taking so long with cultures as well, but maybe they’re staining the cells.

What a cute kid. And he’s TOUGH — a fighter! So glad he’s doing better.

I don’t know anything about the tests but I wish they would just hurry up. The antibiotics he’s on treat Sepsis so he will be getting better if it’s that. They did say they would have to give him something different if it was Meningitis though.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Healing vibes across the miles!

kind regards--Sharon

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know anything about the tests but I wish they would just hurry up. The antibiotics he’s on treat Sepsis so he will be getting better if it’s that. They did say they would have to give him something different if it was Meningitis though.

I’m not one of those people who automatically think babies are cute (most newborns look like wrinkled old men), but your grandson is definitely a cutie pie.

Yes, different antibiotics must be used for different types of bacteria. And specific antibiotics must be used for resistant strains, so they sometimes need to know the exact strains. But it’s definitely a good sign that your grandson started feeling better when he was given this drug.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on grand baby number two! If I remember correctly we both had number one 3 years ago. My number two is 3.5 months old. Yours is a sweet little guy who I will lift up in prayer for a speedy recovery and trip home soon! Nothing better than Grammie hugs!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on grand baby number two! If I remember correctly we both had number one 3 years ago. My number two is 3.5 months old. Yours is a sweet little guy who I will lift up in prayer for a speedy recovery and trip home soon! Nothing better than Grammie hugs!

Yes! Isaac is 3 in March. He’s such a little character. And a blessing!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a handsome boy, so alert and such intelligent eyes! In love with those elven ears too ;)2 Praying for his complete recovery.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful baby! It is wonderful to hear that he’s feeding. Please take care of yourself and take your local friends and family up on their offers to help!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie! great news. I keep watching for updates My heart to yours.

:pray::pray:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caleb still has a high temperature and his heart rate is too fast. He is managing to feed though which is very positive. The doctors are waiting for his blood cultures to come back to say for definite but they think it’s not meningitis. I am very grateful for all your kind thoughts and prayers. This is a frightening thing that’s happening. He’s so small and vulnerable.
Yes, That's great news!..:clap:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Maisie :(sad Caleb, please get better soon.

Hugs to you and your family.

ETA I just read that he's feeling better. So glad to hear. Stay strong, little Caleb!

Q

Queenie60

Maise - I will pray for Caleb and ask the Lord to hold him in his loving arms. Many, many prayers for your precious grandson. Take care.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Prayers and dust for you, Maise

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Caleb will be fine. He’s getting fluids and antibiotics, and all of his tests have come back negative. I know what it’s like to have sick children, there is nothing worse, but I know that he will be ok.

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Praying he gets better asap Maise.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adorable baby!
I hope all goes well.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Caleb will be fine. He’s getting fluids and antibiotics, and all of his tests have come back negative. I know what it’s like to have sick children, there is nothing worse, but I know that he will be ok.

Thank you for your prayers. We haven’t had any results yet from his tests. It’s frustratjng waiting. I hope they are back tomorrow.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in Maisie to see how Caleb is doing. Praying for your family and sweet baby Caleb.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t get too hung up on the blood culture results, they may take a couple of days and by the looks of it, beautiful Caleb is getting better! Being moved to a normal ward is a great sign. I am sure he is out of the woods and will be headed home soon. =)2

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just spoke to my daughter. Caleb’s temperature is back to normal. His heart rate is still going up but only when he moves around. He is feeding every 4 hours so the doctor wants the IV taken down to see how he gets on.

I want to say how grateful I am for all the prayers, well wishes, dust and kindness you have all shown me and my family. Whatever you’ve done has worked! It seems this little man is a fighter and will get better. Today would have been his due date. He was born a little early because he was getting very big! I think that chunkyness has helped him out while he has been sick.

Thank you again. You are all a great blessing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!!!! Wonderful news Maisie!!!! So relieved for you and your dear family. Sending more big hugs and good wishes and continued healing vibes to sweet Caleb and extra big hugs to the best grandma. (((HUGS))).

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahh thank you Missy! I want a t shirt that says that! :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More great news!! Hope he is on the upward swing now!!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY! Best way to start this Saturday! :appl:So relieved for you.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to read this positive news Maisie! What a relief for you and your family!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From one grandma to another...YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’m so happy Caleb is doing well. Hopefully he will be coming home soon so that you can put some serious grandma lovin’ on him! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results