shape
carat
color
clarity

My newborn grandson is very sick

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
C0C258AC-B866-4F23-8772-9E74A0040D31.jpeg Caleb is only 9 days old and is in hospital with suspected Sepsis. I’m so frightened. He’s been tested for Meningitis (4 lumbar punctures before it worked) and it’s looking like it’s not that. He was showing signs of being affected with Group B Strep after birth but they decided not to test him and discharged him. My daughter kept asking the community midwives for help but they kept dismissing her concerns.

Please pray for my precious grandbaby. I can’t bear this.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Maisie. Prayers outgoing - for your daughter and little one, their medical team. And for you!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, my heart goes out to you. Will keep precious little Caleb in my prayers.
Sending you and your family healing thoughts and tons of PS dust!!!

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor Caleb, that is a rough start to life. Once he is on the correct antibiotics I’m sure he will do very well. Look after yourself and your daughter while the meds do their work. Thinking of you all.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so very sorry Maisie. Sending lots of dust to little Caleb and family that he receives the best care and is on the mend soon (((hugs))).

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sending healing thoughts, he’s so beautiful

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed I will pray for you and Caleb and your daughter, Maisie. You have not had an easy time with your children's health. I remember when your son was young and having problems. Please keep us posted.

Big hugs,
Deb

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is absolutely beautiful. I hope he gets well soon. I'm so sorry.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of healing dust for your family @Maisie ♥ Very upsetting to hear what your grandson is going through and at such a young age:cry:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is so beautiful. I hope he will be ok and this is just a little set back.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, what a beautiful boy and a sad story. I will be sending healing and warm vibes to your family and grandson. I truly hope he is on his way to a speedy recovery.

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Maisie - I'm so sorry for the stress you are enduring. You and Caleb are in my thoughts.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much everyone. I’m so grateful for your kind thoughts. It’s so hard to see such a little one suffering. I would change places in a heartbeat.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Maisie, I am so sorry for you and your family. I will keep you all in my prayers!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Praying for Caleb! Please let us know how he is doing. Hugs.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, do they have him in the hospital? Sepsis requires intravenous antibiotics.. I may be missing something. I send you healing dust... Your grandsons are perfect.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie, do they have him in the hospital? Sepsis requires intravenous antibiotics.. I may be missing something. I send you healing dust... Your grandsons are perfect.

Yes he’s in hospital. He was transferred from their local hospital to a larger one with a special care unit. He is having antibiotics and fluids intravenously. He’s had blood tests, lumbar punctures, a chest X-ray (clear) and a urine test (also clear).

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Maisie, I'm so sorry! Lifting sweet Caleb up in prayer and hoping the doctors figure out what's wrong asap and can get him on the path to healing.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, I’m so sorry to hear this! A couple we know through friends had a baby in April. He fell ill the day they brought him home and it turned out to be sepsis. He spent a week in the hospital but is doing great now. I think the key is prompt treatment.

Here’s to a speedy recovery!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My word, lets pray for that dear Calab gets well & is home soon with his family.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending up prayers for your sweet little Calab! BIG HUGS to you @Maisie Such a beautiful little one and big bro too!

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
HI Maisie,

He is beautiful. He is in my prayers.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers outgoing - he is precious Maisie! Surely with proper treatment he will survive and thrive!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear this....my thoughts and prayers are with you. Such precious little boys!! :::hugs:::

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous little boy, I'm so sorry that this has happened to your family, lots of healing dust and positive thoughts being sent!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie
Big HUGS and dust for Caleb and your daughter. He will be fine!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Maisie I hope your grandson gets well soon. Prayers for him and your family.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers for strength and healing!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Praying for sweet and precious Caleb and your family as you get through this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results