shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Vivid Green Muzo Emerald Ring

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
@Crimson how clean was that emerald in real life?

I've never seen amazing stuff like this in real life so I'm curious to see if there is much or any Jardin in it at all.

It does have some Jardin, but it is pretty clean for an emerald. It is not Muzo green or Old Mine though. Some ppl approached me to admire it on my hand and commented that it was lovely. To me, it looks like a Chivor emerald. Here is a pic in direct light - you can see the inclusions but they are spread out so they are not distracting. The stone is quite bright and flashy. It is 11 ct, approx 14x12 mm so it is passes the famous @mellowyellowgirl visibility test . CDC09C2A-860F-4E59-8121-B67DEE88C408.jpeg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Earlier posts in this thread @kenny

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh you bought a heart!!!! Squeeeeee

I love that you went with yellow gold! I wear all kinds of gold so it's nice to see something besides white/platinum!!!

More pics please!!!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mellowyellowgirl. I think the yellow gold contrasts nicely with the sapphire.
I went overboard with hearts today. 0A76F04F-B13F-45D4-BACB-1130B48F2B8F.jpeg

You can never have too many hearts!!! Never!!!!!

Hearts are the best!

More pics please!

Hehe I feel like I might know the earrings......

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, dear @mellowyellowgirl
Do you mean the ruby earrings look familiar? Where?
I found out today they are untreated — lucky me!
I confess there were two more hearts - which I helped a friend to get. So yesterday I got 5 hearts, You may have seen the other hearts on the Things you are considering/recently bought thread? Anyway, I am attaching the pic here.
So yes, it was a bit wild because my friends were also getting into the heart theme, Another friend bought three heart pieces so if you count hers, there were 8 hearts in the tray. I should have photographed them all together!!

CAE09001-E305-4482-9488-C4877776892E.jpeg D911F833-5607-4B01-9D6A-B9E8FFA070DA.jpeg F431897C-F9B9-471D-B4DB-F3A567C5E445.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Crimson fabulous!!!!! Soooo many hearts!!! Such a thrill to see others are into the shape too!

Don't mind me! I saw a pair of heart earrings on IG and with the glowy in the dark photo thought they might have been the same pair.

Looooooove the yellow gold on those beauties!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
@Crimson fabulous!!!!! Soooo many hearts!!! Such a thrill to see others are into the shape too!

Don't mind me! I saw a pair of heart earrings on IG and with the glowy in the dark photo thought they might have been the same pair.

Looooooove the yellow gold on those beauties!

Haha, I love playing with my UV light. It is the influence of my father, who regularly conducted experiments for amusement and learning.
I like how Italian and Asian designers use different hues of gold. To me, yellow gold makes rubies and sapphires pop.
I took Muzo Minerva to the Peranakan Museum yesterday. She looks good among those antiques!
41672079-0DFB-4E3C-960E-C25B2F05BA6E.jpeg BD1B6515-F1F1-4054-B580-9A6B053E3A4C.jpeg 4DA3E026-A9FA-484E-AC5B-8C453ED3903A.jpeg EBC0DAB0-5BB5-4543-AE06-8245DAF3B14D.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I love playing with my UV light. It is the influence of my father, who regularly conducted experiments for amusement and learning.
I like how Italian and Asian designers use different hues of gold. To me, yellow gold makes rubies and sapphires pop.
I took Muzo Minerva to the Peranakan Museum yesterday. She looks good among those antiques!
41672079-0DFB-4E3C-960E-C25B2F05BA6E.jpeg BD1B6515-F1F1-4054-B580-9A6B053E3A4C.jpeg 4DA3E026-A9FA-484E-AC5B-8C453ED3903A.jpeg EBC0DAB0-5BB5-4543-AE06-8245DAF3B14D.jpeg

Minerva is glorious! I love her so flipping much! :kiss2:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did you have problems enjoying the museum with that gorgeous distraction on your hand?

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
@elle_71125 Thank you! I love Minerva too. Here she is among some gold accessories that were used for preparing betel leaves (a snack for chewing). I have included a photo of the items and their description.

@T L Actually, I did. After I left, I realised I had missed an entire floor - the one with jewellery! I shall have to go back…

6AE95E87-6974-45FC-8758-B7BDAF92266E.jpeg 68A0FC97-E4C0-4A7D-904A-D609DC74D5B1.jpeg
F87648E1-F3B8-428D-9B66-0A602960A4CD.jpeg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 Thank you! I love Minerva too. Here she is among some gold accessories that were used for preparing betel leaves (a snack for chewing). I have included a photo of the items and their description.

@T L Actually, I did. After I left, I realised I had missed an entire floor - the one with jewellery! I shall have to go back…

6AE95E87-6974-45FC-8758-B7BDAF92266E.jpeg 68A0FC97-E4C0-4A7D-904A-D609DC74D5B1.jpeg
F87648E1-F3B8-428D-9B66-0A602960A4CD.jpeg

I don’t have a gorgeous giant emerald like that, but I did photobomb my rings in front of a very famous artwork, to show I was there.

I doubt I would have had much viewing done with your ring though. I was on a trip so I brought along some less valuable pieces.

IMG_8822.jpeg

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t have a gorgeous giant emerald like that, but I did photobomb my rings in front of a very famous artwork, to show I was there.

I doubt I would have had much viewing done with your ring though. I was on a trip so I brought along some less valuable pieces.

IMG_8822.jpeg

@T L Ooh, what a juicy set of colours! The rings match well with the royal in the drawing. You have got me thinking about what to take along on my trips this summer. I usually travel only with titanium, silver, or costume jewellery but seeing your rings has made me reconsider.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@T L Ooh, what a juicy set of colours! The rings match well with the royal in the drawing. You have got me thinking about what to take along on my trips this summer. I usually travel only with titanium, silver, or costume jewellery but seeing your rings has made me reconsider.

Thank you! I probably shouldn’t travel with them, but I feel naked without my bling.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I probably shouldn’t travel with them, but I feel naked without my bling.

I understand! I think as long as we are careful it should, be fine. I don’t want to become a target…Ulp. Happened once when I was in Vienna and I don’t want to experience it again!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I came across a post from RonaldAbram.com, on the beauty of cabochons.
It resonated with me because I have always loved cabochons. For some gemstones, like jadeite, a cabochon is the preferred cut. Some of the greatest gemstones of all time are cabochons, Yet cabochons are often thought of as inferior because the cut is commonly used on more included material.
To me, a fine cabochon cut is one of the best ways to enjoy a gemstone.
I am sure @Starstruck8 would agree!

0C7A3B84-F0F1-42DB-8A7A-ACAE9C018735.jpeg

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
I came across a post from RonaldAbram.com, on the beauty of cabochons.
It resonated with me because I have always loved cabochons. For some gemstones, like jadeite, a cabochon is the preferred cut. Some of the greatest gemstones of all time are cabochons, Yet cabochons are often thought of as inferior because the cut is commonly used on more included material.
To me, a fine cabochon cut is one of the best ways to enjoy a gemstone.
I am sure @Starstruck8 would agree!

I do indeed, @Crimson! The examples they show are totally fabulous. And your Muzo Minerva would fit right in. I especially like the sugarloaf emerald, and, of course, the star ruby. These would, I fear, be just a bit beyond my budget... But one can always fantasize.

The examples illustrate a point about cabs: the best ones have just the right balance between silk-fog-inclusions-microstructure and translucency. The inclusions etc. spread the light around and make the colour more even, the translucency gives liveliness by making it not too even. This example, which I've shown before, (half a trapiche emerald) illustrates the point - the colour is smooth but not uniform.

Your Muzo Minerva is still the absolute winner!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I do indeed, @Crimson! The examples they show are totally fabulous. And your Muzo Minerva would fit right in. I especially like the sugarloaf emerald, and, of course, the star ruby. These would, I fear, be just a bit beyond my budget... But one can always fantasize.

The examples illustrate a point about cabs: the best ones have just the right balance between silk-fog-inclusions-microstructure and translucency. The inclusions etc. spread the light around and make the colour more even, the translucency gives liveliness by making it not too even. This example, which I've shown before, (half a trapiche emerald) illustrates the point - the colour is smooth but not uniform.

Your Muzo Minerva is still the absolute winner!

Thank you, @Starstruck8 for sharing your expertise about cabochons, and explaining why they are so fascinating. I don’t think I have seen your half trapiche emerald ring before. It is intriguing. I love how liquid and glowing it is. You have the most interesting cabochon collection I have ever seen.
I checked the CS Forum and didn’t find thread devoted to fab cabs. Maybe we should have one!

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @Starstruck8 for sharing your expertise about cabochons, and explaining why they are so fascinating. I don’t think I have seen your half trapiche emerald ring before. It is intriguing. I love how liquid and glowing it is. You have the most interesting cabochon collection I have ever seen.
I checked the CS Forum and didn’t find thread devoted to fab cabs. Maybe we should have one!
Thank you!

Here is a cab thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...cabs-share-your-best-non-faceted-gems.266656/
I remember at least one older thread, but I couldn't find it. I find these 'collections' threads a great resource for education, ideas and comparisons - it's a pity they tend to lapse and get lost.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!

Here is a cab thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...cabs-share-your-best-non-faceted-gems.266656/
I remember at least one older thread, but I couldn't find it. I find these 'collections' threads a great resource for education, ideas and comparisons - it's a pity they tend to lapse and get lost.

Such a delicious thread! Thank you for sharing it, @Starstruck8. I just went there and liked a number of posts. I enjoyed seeing your maw sit sit ring (like @mellowyellowgirl it reminded me of watermelon). The spessartite ring is so intense. I like the swoopy setting!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
My sister decided to hunt for a sister for Muzo Minerva.
Here are photos of two rings that she tried. Both are Colombian emeralds just over 10 ct., just like Minerva. The round one has insignificant oil and the pear minor to moderate. They are from Alexander Laut’s boutique in Lisbon, at Lapa Palace Hotel. I think they are sumptuous, beautifully set, competitively priced but I confess I still prefer Minerva.
ECFB6CB0-57DB-4D3B-BF70-20C70C9275FF.jpeg 820A68C9-14FC-4BC9-B6F3-103D5F90B54B.jpeg 744B05C2-297C-4161-B696-BD91A98E49F5.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha @Crimson you guys remind me of little sis and myself! We do the sister ring thing too. Our last "thing" was a Spess where I got one and then she had to have one.

I love love love love love the pear. Wish it wasn't minor to moderate though and just minor. But that glow. Omg that glow is AMAZING.

The cab is nice but very lacking when compared to Minerva imo!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Haha @Crimson you guys remind me of little sis and myself! We do the sister ring thing too. Our last "thing" was a Spess where I got one and then she had to have one.

I love love love love love the pear. Wish it wasn't minor to moderate though and just minor. But that glow. Omg that glow is AMAZING.

The cab is nice but very lacking when compared to Minerva imo!

@mellowyellowgirl , such fun to share these gem adventures with a sister! We are also working on matching pendants - and we live on opposite sides of the globe. Does your sister live nearer to you?
I agree with you the pear looks better - the colour is richer (and the price is lower because of the minor to moderate oil). I noticed that in recent auctions, some emeralds with moderate oil fetched good prices too. Interesting…
Here’s to our fab sisters!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl , such fun to share these gem adventures with a sister! We are also working on matching pendants - and we live on opposite sides of the globe. Does your sister live nearer to you?
I agree with you the pear looks better - the colour is richer (and the price is lower because of the minor to moderate oil). I noticed that in recent auctions, some emeralds with moderate oil fetched good prices too. Interesting…
Here’s to our fab sisters!

Haha yes she lives near me. Used to live one block away (5 min walk) . Then I moved to a bigger house that was further away (3 train stops and a ten minute walk) so I made sure the house we bought had an extra bedroom especially for her. We have an 8 year age gap. I raised her and changed her nappies!

Is yours a jewelry addict? Mine is a jewelry addict to so it's really fun to have a partner in crime! I think she follows a zillion jewelry accounts on IG so she's always sending me pics of gems.

She sent me this recently and it just made me head over heels for a big glowy emerald one day!!!!

I really love that pear you posted. It is seriously sublime. To have that kind of color in a random snap is definitely something special!!!! Is your sister considering it?

FB_IMG_1685613039125.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results