shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Vivid Green Muzo Emerald Ring

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
@icy_jade Yes, they did.:mrgreen2:
Like @LilAlex they thought the ring was more eye-catching than the octopus and sci-fi tableau :lickout:After lunch I was detained for a gemstone discussion.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I took my Muzo emerald ring (which I have named Minerva) to tea at one of my father’s favourite jewellers. The gemologist and staff admired my Muzo ring, appreciating the stone and setting. They then decided it should have a new friend. So they adorned me with their high and contemporary jewellery. I had a most enjoyable afternoon with gem and jewellery stories, excellent tea, and no other customer in the store. I felt quite special!
Which ring do you think goes better with my Minerva?
The Duchess cornflower blue with double halo (first two photos) , or the Art Deco Royal blue?
Please share your thoughts! Thank you :)
10C5BA96-D71D-4F31-ACD6-8168D4A0CF16.jpeg F6C9C413-69CE-4E42-BBC5-964DB4CC4D27.jpeg D7D05B90-5726-4CA7-9013-0C141C4D37B1.jpeg FFCA4431-D384-4DDB-BADA-187A39BF63DF.jpeg

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The double halo!!!!! Omg the double halo!!!!

Omg they make such an impression!

I've got this new appreciation for "being able to see rings from afar"

Minerva is fabulous as always!!!!!!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Dear @mellowyellowgirl, Thank you!
I have the “must be able to see from afar”/ “must be visible on camera” criterion too. I have posted a clearer pic below. The light was bouncing around so all my photos look blur.
EDF7844B-80BD-4EAC-ADE0-ACA3D160A24F.jpeg

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in art deco camp. There's something about a deep luscious royal blue that makes any other colour you put next to it pop. The double halo steals the show a bit.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in art deco camp. There's something about a deep luscious royal blue that makes any other colour you put next to it pop. The double halo steals the show a bit.

Thank you, @Avondale the sapphire in the Art Deco ring is bigger, too! :)

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
If you held a gun to my head, I’d pick the art deco sapphire.

But I’m team Muzo all the way. The sapphires can’t hold a candle to it, to my eye!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm ... what sapphires? I absolutely cannot look away from that amazing Muzo Green.

I am happy to hear that, @empliau . I find it mesmerizing each time I wear it.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
If you held a gun to my head, I’d pick the art deco sapphire.

But I’m team Muzo all the way. The sapphires can’t hold a candle to it, to my eye!

Thank you, @Mrsz1ppy I really value your opinion because I see you an expert on sapphires :)

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your post and photos have been very educational for me. Thank you for sharing this beauty!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@Crimson are you going to see the Heidi Horten collection this weekend?

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, @icy_jade! I am going with some friends to a jewelry store this afternoon. We might go over after that, or maybe tomorrow. What about you?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Piccies pretty please @Crimson!!!!!

Of the stuff in the jewelry store if they'll let you!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Dear @mellowyellowgirl, yes! Here are some photos taken at the jewellery store today. My friend was looking for something for herself. She was choosing between these two rings. Which one do you like better?

F3FF14B0-C26A-4B56-8189-A6FC9D0CFE6E.jpeg

I was looking for something that might go with Minerva Muzo and got distracted by this. I have reserved it while I decide whether to get it or not. What do you think of it?

D30B5828-4C3C-47CD-AADC-978E03AF8864.jpeg

We looked at other things too: fancy coloured diamonds, sapphires and rubies but somehow today we gravitated towards the jadeite. I tried on this ginormous ring for fun. It is impressive - the cabochon has a high dome and is translucent, with good texture and “water”. ABA3F3FC-3CD1-4393-B4E4-43E54C580162.jpeg

Had no time left to go to the Heidi Horton exhibition so will go tomorrow.

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, @icy_jade! I am going with some friends to a jewelry store this afternoon. We might go over after that, or maybe tomorrow. What about you?

Tmr if I can. The collection is amazing. I was thinking of doing other stuff but after going through the catalogue I felt like I’ll regret if I don’t go.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Crimson Omg squeeeeee

I don't know where to start!!!!

Looooooove the ring with the pear diamond petals! There are both beautiful but I prefer both the colour of that cab and the setting!!!

Love love love the ruby bracelet!!!!!! Looooooove. It's cold autumn here and I'm in long sleeves but that makes me want to bust out a bracelet!!!! If you buy it can we get a shot in direct sunlight?

I'm biased as necklaces and pendants make me itch (oh the things my sister received from me because of this itch) so I tend to not be very pro pendant. But the jadeite is beautiful! I think it has the most amazing glow out of all the pieces.

Haha can you get the ring you tried on too? It is fabulous!!!!! Minerva needs a friend in the same shape as her so she doesn't feel lonely?!

Just curious: Do all the jadeite pieces have gold backing or they don't?

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl You are good! The ring that you like costs almost three times the one on the right. But the one of the right is very sweet, youthful, and gives spring vibes.

Hehe, the ruby bracelet is already mine! I have reserved the pendant. I am planning to convert it to a bracelet, just like the ruby one,
I know what you mean by pendant or necklace itch. For me it happens when it is warm here. But I can still wear them most of the time. Your sister is very lucky!

Good heavens, not buying that mega ring! The price and size can be described by the same adjective.

Re: backing, I think they do, but they all come with certs. I usually view the jadeite fr various angles not just straight down. i think the gold backing cannot really mask flaws or enhance the look all that much unless the jadeite is very thin.

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@Crimson I hope you went. I did and no regrets. Amazing stuff even though Christies really didn’t bring that many items over (sadly).

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Loved the bracelet too. N the rubies, all beautifully PB red. A few of the emeralds and sapphires too. And some of those stunning diamond earrings.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg now that I can see from a distance!!!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Get that sapphire, @icy_jade! The Sunrise was too big for my ring finger but fit the middle. That counts, right? The jadeite bracelet fit me too, and as the staff commented, my ring matched! Sorely tempted…
I tried this emerald, too. It is not from Heidi Horten’s jewels but slated for Magnificent Jewels Hong Kong later this month. This fit!!! But bright though it is, it is is quite blue and lacks the depth and intensity of Muzo Minerva.
Attaching one more pic fr the Magnificent Jewels exhibits - fancy coloured diamonds.

Finally, pics of the Sunrise ruby fr the side so we can admire the shield cut diamonds

88A8909C-AF65-4791-A8FF-D18207EE4125.jpeg AD509123-4D79-4988-B7E2-885C700C4F56.jpeg 885F1D99-7318-4D02-9632-E7A2213B3BD5.jpeg 5E3D4D93-FEF9-4D28-98CF-505CCC5B2D83.jpeg

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Crimson how clean was that emerald in real life?

I've never seen amazing stuff like this in real life so I'm curious to see if there is much or any Jardin in it at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results