shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Padparadcha - paging Linda!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good sunday afternoon, ladies!

I have a new goodie, mostly inspired by TGal''s amazing purchase, Linda''s string of amazing pad avatars, and a little bit of luck!

I was in my jeweler''s office getting my ACA ring repaired (melee fell out so I waited while he fixed it) and in walked this fabulous woman. She reminded me of Sophia Loren, and had appropriately beautiful jewelry. She was wearing an ENORMOUS Emerald Cut diamond on one hand, and on the other, she was wearing a ~10 ct. pillowy cushion Padparadscha! My jaw just dropped, so naturally I had to talk to her. She had a ~7-10 ct. Platinum Hamilton watch she was dropping off for repair (one of the bezel set OECs was loose) so we both got to chatting. I was ohhhhh''ing and ahhhh''ing over her ginormous Pad, to which she mentioned that my jeweler had one of her small Pads on consignment in the back. She''d never set it because she felt it was too small for her, so I asked my jeweler if I could see it.

I was smitten! It''s really a fabulous colour, I love the cut, although it has a small window. According to the seller, her husband picked up a suite of Pads from London sometime in the mid 90s, and this was the smallest of the suite. I''ve paid a deposit on it to take it home and get pics of it, but thought I would see what you guys thought of it before I paid the rest.

Stats - 2.03
Measurements - 6.47 x 6.55 x 5.09

First pic - in the box. This little gembox has a glass top, which is kind of cool and different.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Second in the box.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Getting the colour to translate is next to impossible, but this is pretty close to what I see.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Takumi wouldn''t get off my lap for the photo shoot.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking more pink here

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
This isn''t what I see in person . . . taking pics of this stone is so difficult!

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another. . .

original.aspx

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How cool is that -that you were at the right place at the right time!!! I am sure you asked all the appropriate questions about the pad. It is JUST GORGEOUS! I think it was meant to be~!!!!
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Side view with kittah in the background.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sleepy Takumi . . .

original.aspx

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
O M G !!!!!!!
wowzer.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....WOW....and more WOW!!!! I don''t know enough about Pads to comment, but Lauren, she looks like a beauty to me!!!!
30.gif

Lori

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 1:58:40 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
How cool is that -that you were at the right place at the right time!!! I am sure you asked all the appropriate questions about the pad. It is JUST GORGEOUS! I think it was meant to be~!!!!
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks, Cushioncutnut!!!

It doesn''t have certification, however, the seller was willing to provide me with a copy of the original purchase receipts. I''m wondering if I should have it sent of for certification, and pay based on the results. Under a loupe, I can see some fine silk in two of the corners, but otherwise, it''s very clean.

Would you pay to have it certified, and risk having the seller up the price based on the results? Or renig on the deal if she''s not getting enough for it?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Takumi says "I can has Pad?"

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
A little backlit, with some darkness under the table.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:00:01 PM
Author: Linda W
O M G !!!!!!!
wowzer.gif
LOL

Thanks for stopping by, dear!

I''m looking at you here, Linda . . . would you send it off for certification??? I''m paying below what I would expect to pay for it, but much more than I''ve spent on any stone lately . . .

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:01:22 PM
Author: loriken214
WOW....WOW....and more WOW!!!! I don''t know enough about Pads to comment, but Lauren, she looks like a beauty to me!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Thanks, Lori! So, would it be a go for you?
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren, I am speachless, it is gorgeous. YES, have it certed. Being there isn''t nay paperwork with it.

The color is amazing. It is the color of my earrings!!!!!! Once you have it certed you will know for sure.

Did she say if it is heated or unheated??? I am in love with it.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kittah leg in the background. . .

original.aspx

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren,

Look what happened to T-gal. Her stone turned out to be a fake. It is very important to get it certed. The color is absolutely gorgeous.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:06:45 PM
Lauren, I am speachless, it is gorgeous. YES, have it certed. Being there isn''t nay paperwork with it.

The color is amazing. It is the color of my earrings!!!!!! Once you have it certed you will know for sure.

Did she say if it is heated or unheated??? I am in love with it.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Your blessing means soooo much, Linda!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

According to the old paperwork, it''s heated. So, how much do you think it will cost to send off to AGTA?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ARE YOU willing to go through the expense of having it certed and then possibly renig on it? ....or could you take it to a gemologist before you make your final decision? LORDY!!! What an AMAZING color and NICE size!!! SWOOOOOOOOOOOON!
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:08:41 PM
Lauren,

Look what happened to T-gal. Her stone turned out to be a fake. It is very important to get it certed. The color is absolutely gorgeous.
I know, which is why I am being so careful about this and haven''t paid the seller yet. How long should certification take?

I don''t think I''ve ever seen a Pad cert . . . you don''t happen to have access to one, do you?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think T-Gal said it was between 250-300.00. I would definitely have it certed though. After what happened to her, I wouldn''t take any chances. I am sure she will agree. Especially with Pads, there are a lot of fakies out there.

I am sure the lady you purchased it from, wouldn''t do that, and it is a real pad, but it is better to be safe.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blurry pink . . .

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the box, lid removed . . . you can see the window here.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one . . .

original.aspx

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another thought though..... She said she purchased it in the 90''s. Now I am not sure when all these "new" treatments started coming in to play, but based on the type of jewelry the seller owns/wears, my gut tells me it is the real deal. Did the owner say that if you had it certed that she would up the price??? Hmmmm, this is a hard one?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:13:02 PM
I think T-Gal said it was between 250-300.00. I would definitely have it certed though. After what happened to her, I wouldn''t take any chances. I am sure she will agree. Especially with Pads, there are a lot of fakies out there.

I am sure the lady you purchased it from, wouldn''t do that, and it is a real pad, but it is better to be safe.
That''s actually not bad. It''s about a 15% premium on the price, but I suppose it''s worth it to avoid spending that much on a fake and never knowing it.
6.gif

I need to go dig and find TGal''s old thread about the fakey.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results