shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Padparadcha - paging Linda!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 3:42:02 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
First up OMG Sensational!

Now for practicalities.

Make the sale dependent on the gem being certified as a Pad (heated but not treated) and negotiate the price BEFORE the Pad goes to AGTA. That way the price can''t go up whatever the Cert says.

Also, make the sale dependent on the Pad not being treated. BE stones can show silk.

I can''t wait to hear what this comes back as. My gut feeling says you''ve got a winner!!!

I too agree, make the sale contigent before you send it off!! Not sure how long your jeweler has had this on consignment for his customer, but if he has had it for awhile, I would think he would have it showcased. You would never have known about it if the consigner was there, so my gut tells me that "she" is the one who really sold the stone, not so much the jeweler. I would think there should be a bit of flex in price not only for that reason, but it sounds like the customer may not be too hard up for cash. LOL! I will remain "CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC" on your behalf. It is so good to have the knowledge and experience of other pad lovers on this board to help you out!! I know you will wait to hear back about the stone, however, this baby deserves a beautiful custom made setting. LOGR settings are for fun/inexpensive stones!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Hey Lauren,

I''ll buy it if it turns out to be a fake - I know, I''m cheap!!

I''m going to cross my fingers for you. Fantastic advice from LD, boy she knows what she''s doing doesn''t she?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren,
Are there any inclusions in the stone that you can see with or without a loupe?

ETA: Never mind, I see you said there was silk.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
LAUREN!! How fabulous... a pad!! The color is just beautiful.

I am glad you are choosing to be cautious though, even moreso given the consignment situation (who knows where they bought the stones?). I hope everything comes back a-ok!

And I totally agree this one deserves a bit more than a LOGR. It''s definitely a special stone (you know, if it''s real and all
2.gif
).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For something expensive, trust but verify. I would send it for certification. I would also settle on the price, then make the sale contingent on the AGTA report. If it''s a fake, stone goes back and vendor pays for the cert. If it''s real, the deal is on and you would pay for the cost of the cert. This is a win-win for everyone.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:56:11 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Date: 3/28/2009 2:54:26 PM

Author: FrekeChild

OMG.

My gut says its real too.

What are the dimensions on it?

Thanks, Freke!!
1.gif

Here are the stats -

2.03 ct.

Measurements - 6.47mm x 6.55mm x 5.09mm

OK WHAT FREKE SAID!! OMG!--* I can''t cap or color my font-on a mac*
BUT OMG--- I so hope its real bec its Fabulous!
30.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!
10.gif

It is beautiful. I think Chrono had some had good advice regarding the certification.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
That is one glorious PAD.
30.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW. What a delicious colour. It was meant to be yours!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again, everyone, for your help!

To answer a couple of questions, my jeweler had literally JUST received the loose stone the day before I was in the office, so he was cleaning it and having his gemolist brother do their own assessment of the stone, which is why it wasn't out yet. I told him he was lucky that the seller was there, and that she's the one who actually "sold" it to me, so to her benefit, he dropped his commission charge to 3%, and she passed a bit of that savings on to me.

Here's where it stands now. My jeweler has received the stone back and is sending it off to AGTA tomorrow. I should have it back by next Saturday, in his opinion.

I called the seller, and agreed to a firm price of $2,500 if the AGTA cert comes back as genuine with gentle heating. The deal's off/my deposit comes back if it comes back as synthetic/not certified because it's BE. The price of the certification will come out of that total price (my initial deposit). so I only have $2,200 left to pay if all checks out.

I looked around, and for a heated Pad, that seems like a really fair price should it come back the way I hope it will. What do you guys think about the price? She wanted $3k originally, and I negotiated a total of $2,500 including certification looking around at what else was out there. Do you guys think this is a fair price, too?

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for your expert guidance here. I'm eternally grateful, and knew I could count on you guys to help me see past my excitement and give me the appropriate advice concerning covering my rear.

This is why I
30.gif
PS!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and Gailey, happy SUNDAY, lady!!!!
9.gif
11.gif
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That definately seems like a fair price to me. I know one of the experts will chime in----but if this stone comes back as gently heated, I would say you did beautifully! You can look at it this way= you saved yourself $500 due to perfect timing!!
21.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 3:23:00 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
That definately seems like a fair price to me. I know one of the experts will chime in----but if this stone comes back as gently heated, I would say you did beautifully! You can look at it this way= you saved yourself $500 due to perfect timing!!
21.gif
Thanks for the vote of confidence, CCN! I''m keeping my fingers and toes crossed, hoping it works out well!
21.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 1:38:43 PM
Oh, and Gailey, happy SUNDAY, lady!!!!
9.gif
11.gif
30.gif
742469s3709nw4fb.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It''s so pretty!! Do you have a setting in mind???

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about if it comes back as no treatment and natural? Does the price go up? That would be great if you could still get it for $2500 then.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren,
Aside from the issues mentioned (synthetic vs. natural, treatment vs. no treatment), there''s also the question of whether the colour qualifies it as a Pad.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say your pad looks amazing! Hope you get some good news.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YES, YES AND MORE YES!!!!
9.gif
36.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:05:59 PM

Date: 3/28/2009 2:01:22 PM
Author: loriken214
WOW....WOW....and more WOW!!!! I don''t know enough about Pads to comment, but Lauren, she looks like a beauty to me!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Thanks, Lori! So, would it be a go for you?
2.gif

YES, YES AND MORE YES!!!!

30.gif
36.gif

Lori

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 1:36:20 PM
Thanks again, everyone, for your help!

To answer a couple of questions, my jeweler had literally JUST received the loose stone the day before I was in the office, so he was cleaning it and having his gemolist brother do their own assessment of the stone, which is why it wasn''t out yet. I told him he was lucky that the seller was there, and that she''s the one who actually ''sold'' it to me, so to her benefit, he dropped his commission charge to 3%, and she passed a bit of that savings on to me.

Here''s where it stands now. My jeweler has received the stone back and is sending it off to AGTA tomorrow. I should have it back by next Saturday, in his opinion.

I called the seller, and agreed to a firm price of $2,500 if the AGTA cert comes back as genuine with gentle heating. The deal''s off/my deposit comes back if it comes back as synthetic/not certified because it''s BE. The price of the certification will come out of that total price (my initial deposit). so I only have $2,200 left to pay if all checks out.

I looked around, and for a heated Pad, that seems like a really fair price should it come back the way I hope it will. What do you guys think about the price? She wanted $3k originally, and I negotiated a total of $2,500 including certification looking around at what else was out there. Do you guys think this is a fair price, too?

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for your expert guidance here. I''m eternally grateful, and knew I could count on you guys to help me see past my excitement and give me the appropriate advice concerning covering my rear.

This is why I
30.gif
PS!

Lauren, That definitely seems more then a fair price to me. I am so excited for you. I hope it turns out for the best. I can''t wait to hear
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That pad is DEEEELISH!!!!

I am pulling for you and hoping it''s the real deal.

*crossing fingers*

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 8:37:41 PM
Author: mochi
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It''s so pretty!! Do you have a setting in mind???
Thanks, Mochi!

I did have a setting in mind, but if this pad checks out, I''m going to custom design something for it. No ideas what/how yet, though, as I''m trying to take this step by step.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pad. Hope it all works out
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 9:41:40 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
What about if it comes back as no treatment and natural? Does the price go up? That would be great if you could still get it for $2500 then.
That, I don't know. But based on the colour, the saturation, to my completely untrained eye other than PS browsing, it's showing me signs of heat of some sort, possibly BE, which would ruin my day, but isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 9:57:17 PM
Author: Harriet
Lauren,
Aside from the issues mentioned (synthetic vs. natural, treatment vs. no treatment), there''s also the question of whether the colour qualifies it as a Pad.
The colour in person is really close to the 3rd pic, and the blurry profil pic of it. It is definitely what I would call orangey-pink, but I''ll wait to hear back from the lab. Thanks for checking in, Harriet!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren, if it comes back low heat natural, $2500 is more than a fair price from my searches on the net. Especially for a color like that.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone, I hope that the cert. comes out the way you want it to. Can''t wait to see more pics once it''s in your hands :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results