shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Padparadcha - paging Linda!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren, fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you!

I agree with the others, the price, for a heated pad is fair. If it''s treated (i.e. BE) then I''d pass. If it''s not heated or treated then you''ve got a phenomenal deal. Don''t forget there''s no reason WHY they''d put the price up. The seller thinks it''s a pad and the certification would only agree with her thoughts.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 2:00:01 PM
Author: Linda W
O M G !!!!!!!
wowzer.gif

Umm...DITTO THIS - that stone is SPECTACULAR
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you got a good deal negotiated - fingers crossed it checks out OK, then I'd say you've got an amazing deal and an even more amazing stone on your hands
9.gif

stacy

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous color and cut... And size! My fingers are crossed that it comes back 100% natural, with maybe some gentle heating. If so, I am soooooo happy for you! I''m seeing this in a bezel with some beading all around... But I''m getting ahead of myself!

LTP -- I covet your collection! Seriously, everytime I see a picture of one of your pieces, I''m like, "I WANT that!" Of course, I need to find a job first, and to convince my fiance that he should buy me an e-ring because it''s not a waste of money! Maybe he could take lessons from your hubby?

Anyway, sorry for the threadjack! I just wanted to say that I LOVE this stone and hope it turns out to be what you want it to be!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 8:35:50 PM
Author: stacy
What a gorgeous color and cut... And size! My fingers are crossed that it comes back 100% natural, with maybe some gentle heating. If so, I am soooooo happy for you! I''m seeing this in a bezel with some beading all around... But I''m getting ahead of myself!

LTP -- I covet your collection! Seriously, everytime I see a picture of one of your pieces, I''m like, ''I WANT that!'' Of course, I need to find a job first, and to convince my fiance that he should buy me an e-ring because it''s not a waste of money! Maybe he could take lessons from your hubby?

Anyway, sorry for the threadjack! I just wanted to say that I LOVE this stone and hope it turns out to be what you want it to be!
LtP- it sounds like we need to teach stacy''s fiance about the "happy wife, happy life" philosophy
3.gif

I''ll be anxiously awaiting the return of your stone from the lab! I hope it''s the real deal.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 9:34:58 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 3/30/2009 8:35:50 PM
Author: stacy

LTP -- I covet your collection! Seriously, everytime I see a picture of one of your pieces, I''m like, ''I WANT that!'' Of course, I need to find a job first, and to convince my fiance that he should buy me an e-ring because it''s not a waste of money! Maybe he could take lessons from your hubby?

LtP- it sounds like we need to teach stacy''s fiance about the ''happy wife, happy life'' philosophy
3.gif

I''ll be anxiously awaiting the return of your stone from the lab! I hope it''s the real deal.
BIG DITTO!!!!

Stacy, send him over, we''ll teach him how it should be!
2.gif
And thank you so much for your very kind words. I''m immensely flattered.
4.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladies, thank you so much for your support. I''ve heard from my jeweler that he has sent it off today. I leave for Maui on Sunday, so I sincerely hope it gets back before then, just so I know what''s going on!

I''m keeping everything crossed, and thank you all for doing the same. I hope I have good news soon!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren, Have a wonderful time in Maui. We are all hoping for the best.

Linda
xoxoxoxo

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 10:47:47 PM
Lauren, Have a wonderful time in Maui. We are all hoping for the best.

Linda
xoxoxoxo
You''re such a sweetheart, Linda! Thank you, dear! xoxoxo

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Late to the party, but what a fabulous looking stone! I hope that it comes back that it is natural. That would be such exciting news for you!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
WOW
30.gif
WOW
30.gif
WOW
30.gif
WOW
30.gif
WOW
30.gif
WOW
30.gif

If its fake or BE, I''ll take it! seriously
10.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!! That is GORGEOUS!!! Lauren, I am keeping my fingers AND toes crossed for you! I hope the cert goes well!! I can''t wait to see what kind of setting you design for it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any idea how long it''ll take? 2 weeks?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got a phone call from my jeweler. The stone is coming back uncertified, because it''s showing traces of BE diffusion.

I''m so disappointed.
6.gif

But, now I wonder if the seller''s giant 10 ct. is BE diffused, too. I haven''t been able to get ahold of her yet, but I''m really anxious to talk to her. I actually really loved the stone, so this news isn''t great to hear.

TGal, I spent the last few days poring over pics of your fakey, and the more I looked at the cut, the more I realized I was probably looking at a sapphire at least with major treatment, likely a fake.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Lauren, I am so sorry to hear this. I know how much you loved that stone.

On the other hand, it is best you found out the truth, instead of paying out that large sum of money for a BE treated stone.

I know you will find the perfect one soon.

Hugs and love,

Linda
xoxox

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 3:57:41 PM

On the other hand, it is best you found out the truth, instead of paying out that large sum of money for a BE treated stone.

Hugs and love,

Linda
xoxox
Thanks for your support, Linda! Maybe I''ll just save my pennies (even more) and go the route TGal did, and go through Richard Wise or have Jeff White cut one for me.

I''d really love an Asscher Pad, but I know that''s unlikely to be an inexpensive endeavour.
3.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 4:01:15 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Hugs and love,

Linda

xoxox

Thanks for your support, Linda! Maybe I''ll just save my pennies (even more) and go the route TGal did, and go through Richard Wise or have Jeff White cut one for me.

I''d really love an Asscher Pad, but I know that''s unlikely to be an inexpensive endeavour.
3.gif

Oh Good Grief, an Asscher Pad?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Wouldn''t that be drop dead gorgeous?? I think my eyes would be in heaven.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
7.gif

I''m sorry Lauren.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 4:06:33 PM

Date: 4/3/2009 4:01:15 PM

Hugs and love,

Linda

xoxox

3.gif

Oh Good Grief, an Asscher Pad?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Wouldn''t that be drop dead gorgeous?? I think my eyes would be in heaven.
Yeah, can you imagine how difficult that will be to come by? Most of what I''ve seen out there has been cushion-ey or oval-ey.

Back to the drawing board, but, please find me if you come across something you think I''ll love.
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 3:54:18 PM
I just got a phone call from my jeweler. The stone is coming back uncertified, because it''s showing traces of BE diffusion.

I''m so disappointed.
6.gif

But, now I wonder if the seller''s giant 10 ct. is BE diffused, too. I haven''t been able to get ahold of her yet, but I''m really anxious to talk to her. I actually really loved the stone, so this news isn''t great to hear.

TGal, I spent the last few days poring over pics of your fakey, and the more I looked at the cut, the more I realized I was probably looking at a sapphire at least with major treatment, likely a fake.
Bummer. I have been following this thread, and would have guessed that it would be fine.

So glad you went the route of having it checked. Very wise choice.
35.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Liz.
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren,

I think Richard Wise would be your best bet. Why don''t you give him a call and tell him your budget. He can work with you, like he did T-Gal. Unless, you would rather save a bit more.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 4:15:16 PM
Lauren,

I think Richard Wise would be your best bet. Why don''t you give him a call and tell him your budget. He can work with you, like he did T-Gal. Unless, you would rather save a bit more.
I''ll most likely go ahead and do that when I''ve saved a bit more in my gemstone account.
2.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear it. Sounds like this is very common with pads. I wonder if the sellers stone might be treated as well?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren,
I''m so sorry to hear about that, but it''s good that you did your homework, and you know that it''s a be-treated stone. You have saved yourself a lot of $$ and a lot of grief because you''re an educated consumer. Although I love Pricescope because I love to see all the beautiful gems and jewelry, I also get a great consumer education from this forum.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I''m so sorry to hear that! It''s still a gorgeous stone though.
7.gif

The good thing is that you found out before you made the purchase.

I''m sure you''ll find the right pad when the time is right.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LTP..... I am so disappointed to hear this. I think this has been a real eye opener for all of us that BE stones are more prevalent than what we may think. It is sad to think we can be duped even when paying a high price for a stone. I am glad that you went the extra mile. It gives you time to save your money for the real deal! I do have to admit, did your jeweler take the price down a few notches since there are signs of BE?
3.gif
Yingh may be a potential buyer. It still is a beautiful stone..........for the right price!
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2009 7:35:53 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
LTP..... I am so disappointed to hear this. I think this has been a real eye opener for all of us that BE stones are more prevalent than what we may think. It is sad to think we can be duped even when paying a high price for a stone. I am glad that you went the extra mile. It gives you time to save your money for the real deal! I do have to admit, did your jeweler take the price down a few notches since there are signs of BE?
3.gif
Yingh may be a potential buyer. It still is a beautiful stone..........for the right price!
2.gif
And it''s also a testament to the fact that really fine natural unheated padparadschas are much rarer than we all think.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Lauren, I''m totally gutted for you. I''m so glad that you found out NOW though.

Please let us know how the seller takes the news because I would think if I were her, I''d be hot-footing it to the lab to get all the others checked.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results