shape
carat
color
clarity

My new jadeite bangle!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Both UJ and Gemgardener's methods work for me. Maybe my hand measurement is the "textbook" size. :)

I think hand flexibility has something to do with it too, because my palm measures 75mm but I am wearing a 54 and can probably go down to 53.

Anyway, @Sparkles88 I think 54 will fit you with no issues.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think hand flexibility has something to do with it too, because my palm measures 75mm but I am wearing a 54 and can probably go down to 53.

Anyway, @Sparkles88 I think 54 will fit you with no issues.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, crossing my fingers that I can wear it.

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
A getting it on tip I have is that once you get it over your four knuckles sort of grip your hand with your other hand and massage it on the rest of the way. I have a really prominent bone on the outer side of my hand that always needs manually pressed down or else it catches a bangle. Also, if it's really too small, but an almost fit, ice water soak to bring down any swelling, then a mix of dawn and warm water gets it on. But, after an ordeal to get one on, I experience psychological panic until I prove I can get it off.

You probably already know you can fit on a smaller size in rounded, so if you're measuring at a 54 fitting, you'd most likely fit it on. For example, I always measure as a 55, but in rounded can go down to 53 comfortably.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade @peacechick

How hardy is Jade???

Let's just say I've had a few clangs in the last few days! It looks fine and I've tried to loup it.

Can they develop internal cracks or is it likely to just break?

Also will it stop being shiny? It's so so so shiny but I'm wearing it everyday now and in the shower. I'll be really sad if it loses its shine.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade @peacechick

How hardy is Jade???

Let's just say I've had a few clangs in the last few days! It looks fine and I've tried to loup it.

Also will it stop being shiny? It's so so so shiny but I'm wearing it everyday now and in the shower. I'll be really sad if it loses its shine.

I think we need another wrist shot

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade @peacechick

How hardy is Jade???

If it’s type A it is mostly ok. I’ve been told that even if you drop a jadeite cab it’s unlikely to crack unlike faceted gems. I’ve also banged my bangles hard more than a few times (door, lift, etc) and they are ok. That said, if you really drop a bangle or fall from height they may crack/break as you know.

Also think it’s some sort of spatial awareness but once you get used to wearing bangles, you stop banging them so often. Most of my more serious knocks happened in the first month of wearing (which gave me heart attacks!). It also helps if the bangles are the right fit ie not too big, or you can also shove them up your arm so it doesn’t move around too much if you are doing something.

I think mine looks fine so far but generally my understanding is that after a few years (like a decade) they may need repolishing. Anything above 7 mohs scale can scratch jadeite but so far again I’ve not noticed anything devastating on mine. Caveat that I wear mine 24/7 (including in the shower) but I don’t do any housework.

Imo just wear and enjoy it. I do draw the line at really pricey bangles cos I buy mine to wear but otherwise it’s really quite hardy to wear. Else the Chinese old ladies wouldn’t have worn theirs for decades ya. ;)2

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s here!!!!! And I’m in love :love::love::love:
Thank you so much @mellowyellowgirl for sending me this beautiful bangle. I’m so moved by your generosity, it’s such a lovely gift that I will treasure forever.
It was wrapped and packaged so securely it arrived safely. C1A5F8CE-7BE2-4569-B53C-8489F856315C.jpeg
I was hyperventilating trying to unwrap it quickly:lol:.
Thanks for all tips @MissSarah @YC @peacechick @icy_jade on fitting the bangle. I’m happy to report, with just a bit of soapy water I could slide the bangle on with minimal discomfort.
Here are some pics of my beautiful bangle.

Attachments

• FDB52342-9807-4716-8255-D8E0958FF31B.jpeg
    FDB52342-9807-4716-8255-D8E0958FF31B.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 2BE8381A-3CDF-4843-884F-6F851415895C.jpeg
    2BE8381A-3CDF-4843-884F-6F851415895C.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 66337862-4C52-4667-AABA-BA0C3C65C61A.jpeg
    66337862-4C52-4667-AABA-BA0C3C65C61A.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 21
  • E47D2F20-068B-4FF4-846D-A149BF6066CA.jpeg
    E47D2F20-068B-4FF4-846D-A149BF6066CA.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 27

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Squeeeeeeeee!!!!

I'm so glad that you like it!!!! And that it fits!!!!!

Haha this is my first time trying to wrap something fragile but I've bought a lot of cups so I learnt a thing or two about wrapping!!!!

It's looks fantastic on you!!! I'm so happy that you're happy **group hug**

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Squeeeeeeeee!!!!

I'm so glad that you like it!!!! And that it fits!!!!!

Haha this is my first time trying to wrap something fragile but I've bought a lot of cups so I learnt a thing or two about wrapping!!!!

It's looks fantastic on you!!! I'm so happy that you're happy **group hug**

I was so worried it wouldn’t fit me, but delighted it does!
How often do you take your bangle off? I’ll be babying this beauty as I don’t want to damage it.
I haven’t tried to take it off yet, so I’m unsure if it’s easier to put on than take off. I’m too scared to try it ..lol just in case I can’t put it back on.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How often do you take your bangle off? I’ll be babying this beauty as I don’t want to damage it.
I haven’t tried to take it off yet, so I’m unsure if it’s easier to put on than take off. I’m too scared to try it ..lol just in case I can’t put it back on.

I'm so enamoured with mine I've been wearing it permanently after taking it on and off a few times in the first week.

Just wear and enjoy!!!! They are hardy.... so everyone tells me lol

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Never take mine off if I wear and I mostly wear my nephrite which is supposed to be softer.

So 24/7 but then I don’t exercise and don’t do housework so I think I may not wear so often if I am more active... but that’s just me cos I baby my bling... I won’t wear rings while doing dishes for example.

It looks fantastic on you. I like the green parts very much. So much good vibes from the bangle so very happy for you =)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s here!!!!! And I’m in love :love::love::love:
Thank you so much @mellowyellowgirl for sending me this beautiful bangle. I’m so moved by your generosity, it’s such a lovely gift that I will treasure forever.
It was wrapped and packaged so securely it arrived safely. C1A5F8CE-7BE2-4569-B53C-8489F856315C.jpeg
I was hyperventilating trying to unwrap it quickly:lol:.
Thanks for all tips @MissSarah @YC @peacechick @icy_jade on fitting the bangle. I’m happy to report, with just a bit of soapy water I could slide the bangle on with minimal discomfort.
Here are some pics of my beautiful bangle.

Gorgouse !
You and @mellowyellowgirl ok in all this rain ?

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Never take mine off if I wear and I mostly wear my nephrite which is supposed to be softer.

So 24/7 but then I don’t exercise and don’t do housework so I think I may not wear so often if I am more active... but that’s just me cos I baby my bling... I won’t wear rings while doing dishes for example.

It looks fantastic on you. I like the green parts very much. So much good vibes from the bangle so very happy for you =)2

I’m going to try and wear mine 24/7 and take extra care when exercising or working around the house. Unfortunately, the house would turn feral if I stopped cleaning and tidying up...haha. I’d definitely take it off it I’m washing the car or gardening.
Every time I glimpse my bangle, it makes me smile, I’m so very grateful for this lovely gift.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so enamoured with mine I've been wearing it permanently after taking it on and off a few times in the first week.

Just wear and enjoy!!!! They are hardy.... so everyone tells me lol

Your bangle is so beautiful, no wonder you’re enamoured, she’s a beauty!
I’ll have to try and take a pic of my sister’s bangle, its gorgeous just like yours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results